Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I want to vomit. I hate everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Bill O'Brien is a moldy dildo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shangri-Law School posted:

I want to vomit. I hate everything.

if you didn't make your peace with the Lions loss literally the second it went to review i don't even know what to tell you

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao how does a team literally lose to the bears

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cash Monet posted:

Bill O'Brien is a moldy dildo

That is a god drat insult to moldy dildos.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
BoB actually called a decent game except for that 3rd and 1 call. Why use Miller there when we have Foreman?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chris James 2 posted:

I've said from January on that this year really feels like it's going to be, or at least going to lead to next year being, the decision between who to keep: Harbaugh or Flacco. It's obvious at least one has to go sooner than later

If we're choosing it's got to be Harbaugh. Flacco has been put in a position to fail ever since the Superbowl. Christ, they traded away the teams best WR that very offseason. The one year a decent offensive mind was piloting the program we made it to the divisional at the Pats and had a two touchdown lead that Dean Pees' awful defense gave away in huge chunk plays. We'll see how the season goes but if we're dumping Harbaugh I'd be all in on Teryl Austin. Austin is a master of getting the best out of his personnel on defense, with our young talent that could go far. Hell maybe he'll even land a competent OC. Not that I blame Morninwhingwhatever. Nothing much you can do with that offensive line and no skill position players.
'

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
NFCE games (involving the Eagles) never disappoint

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I want to take that Eagles FG as my mistress.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
The rule from the Lions game is bad IMO

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I love Jake Elliot

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At least the Astros are great this year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kirios posted:

At least the Astros are great this year.

Indians are winning it all to correct the cosmic wrong of the Cubs winning last year.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

C-Euro posted:

But at the same time going blow for blow with (arguably) the best team in the league is nothing to be ashamed of. The defense in particular really stepped up.

I am very annoyed BUT there is reason for optimism into Detroit.

the fighting tarik cohens probably should have beaten the falcons too, so, uh, hold off on the optimism

holy gently caress is glennon bad and the bears 1+2 RBs good

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles win a game they absolutely had no right to win.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Howard and Cohen are amazing but I fear Howard is just a few more hits away from missing some significant time. He clearly is playing hobbled. Kinda sucks the next game is in just four days since I doubt they're going to sit him and he won't have any time to heal up.

The Bears defense had a nice game all around at every level. They've had a good run defense every game so far, but the pass rush was a bit more consistent today and the secondary were making some nice plays on the balls. Hopefully Floyd will pick up from where he left off last season soon.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That Texans secondary really dropped the ball, you could say.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

drat, Chiefs scored again with that same shovel pass play.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Literally the most Lions ending to a game imaginable

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Literally the most Lions ending to a game imaginable
Indeed.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know enough about the ins and outs of NFL rules but I sincerely do not understand why the Lions should not have been given one more play on that drive. From the replay angles it look like the call on the field should have stood but ok whatever, but because the officials got the call wrong the first time the Lions lose the chance to run another play? That's real bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

That Texans secondary really dropped the ball, you could say.

you might also say that brandon cooks really just pushed them aside

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
a shakespearean tragedy

https://twitter.com/KINGoftheKC/status/912051233199935489

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Lasagna Pilot posted:

The rule from the Lions game is bad IMO

"The ruling on the field is we were wrong to stop the clock and prevent the lions from running another play. We have decided to declare the falcons the winner"

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Just got back from the Jags Ravens game at Wembley. I had no idea the Ravens were so popular in the UK.

There were a lot of sad faces leaving early.

Still, I enjoyed myself at my first ever NFL game. Seemed a good game from that perspective

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Adam Gase got schooled by Todd Bowles today.

Dolphins secondary has literally only not allowed completions on drops I'm pretty sure. The games vs Brady, Brees,Carr etc are gonna be ugly as gently caress.

Nate Allen is terrible and I have no idea why he's starting? Like, someone else might be able to make a play 1 out of every 10 times instead of never?

Cutler missed some throws today but drat the Interior Oline (which we addressed in no way what so ever this offseason) gave us no chance at all to win this afternoon.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
It seems like there's always a dude in the Steelers twitter mentions that says "Fire Tomlin" after every game. like, even when they win

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This is extremely fitting.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

curiosity hosed me up posted:

"The ruling on the field is we were wrong to stop the clock and prevent the lions from running another play. We have decided to declare the falcons the winner"

"we hosed up but its the Lions literally who cares, game over"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah I have to imagine that rule will be under review at the end of the season. What a terrible way to end a game. Lions would have certainly gotten the last play off if he had been called down on the field

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
But hey I guess you gotta laugh
https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/912053524304941057
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/912055225405624320

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
It was the right call and the right ruling on a game Detroit didn't deserve to win anyway :shrug:

I mean Atlanta didn't deserve to win after gifting those dropped balls for picks and dumb penalties but oh well.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm just out of energy at this point. How many more times in how many more different ways can this poo poo happen to the Lions. How many other teams would that have been "play stands as called" for. I'm just loving emotionally exhausted.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Serotonin posted:

Just got back from the Jags Ravens game at Wembley. I had no idea the Ravens were so popular in the UK.

There were a lot of sad faces leaving early.

Still, I enjoyed myself at my first ever NFL game. Seemed a good game from that perspective

ay, good to hear

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

rabidsquid posted:

"we hosed up but its the Lions literally who cares, game over"

Someone from the league office is going to come out this week and say "actually, the original call was right this week" as if it makes everything OK.

At least we got our required "game lost by terrible and obscure rule technicality" out of the way early.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

weird Asian candy posted:

It was the right call and the right ruling on a game Detroit didn't deserve to win anyway :shrug:

I mean Atlanta didn't deserve to win after gifting those dropped balls for picks and dumb penalties but oh well.

getting the call wrong initially so that the game ended was the right call, correct

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

except if they didn't call it a loving TD in the first place the Lions could have run another play. "oh we messed up lol sorry you lose now" is bullshit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh, good, they didn't deserve to win. Thanks for clearing that up, you jackass.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

VJeff posted:

I'm just out of energy at this point. How many more times in how many more different ways can this poo poo happen to the Lions. How many other teams would that have been "play stands as called" for. I'm just loving emotionally exhausted.

Same thing would have happened to the Raiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

game winning TD in OT right here

• Locked thread