Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ragtime All The Time posted:

they made the podcasts app worse :psypop:

never even opened it so I don't care

just lol if you're not using overcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't think I've opened the podcasts app since like iOS 6. I haven't even had it on my phone once they decided to let you "delete" it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
how can they make podcasts worse? does it stab you in the genitals now?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Ragtime All The Time posted:

they made the podcasts app worse :psypop:

podcasts is made by the eddy cue org, also known as the iTunes people. in that fine tradition they never fix any bugs, and constantly mess with the UI to make it worse.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

siri does 2 things well.

1) set alarms
2) make a phone call

and that's it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

some guy in the iyg apple tv thread has been raging for like three pages about how apple requires a signature for ups deliveries

i'd post quotes, but it's not even funny, just sad

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

akadajet posted:

siri does 2 things well.

1) set alarms
2) make a phone call

and that's it
Add items to your grocery (reminder) list.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Endless Mike posted:

some guy in the iyg apple tv thread has been raging for like three pages about how apple requires a signature for ups deliveries

a poster in the a) iyg b) Apple tv thread is a piteous creature? did not see that one coming

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

srsly

marco is a dumb dong in a lot of ways but overcast is a good app

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
castro is rly good too, so is pocket casts

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

to be fair it's super annoying when you order something and miss that it will require somebody to be home to accept delivery.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
electronically pre-sign for packages? what is this, the future?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
macro arment making overcast almost absolves him of co-creating tumblr

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
instapaper was good too back in the day

remember when he made "the magazine" lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mad Wack posted:

instapaper was good too back in the day

remember when he made "the magazine" lol

is there something wrong with instapaper now? using it without any issues

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Marco complains about the Mac Pro all the time but why does he care he just programs computer it's not like he's doing anything that needs even old Mac Pro power.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
sometimes marco's whining gets media attention for problems people inside Apple have been complaining about for years. Apple management reacts a lot more to media pressure than to engineers ranting in bug reports. the Mac Pro is a good example. everyone knew the trash can was a stupid idea, but it's only now that they are taking it seriously.

other times marco is just a whiny bitch and makes a huge deal out of nothing and everyone hates him.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
are people at apple starting to accept how much of a hack jonny ives is?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Doc Block posted:

electronically pre-sign for packages? what is this, the future?

a lot of times you can't. it depends on the seller

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

are people at apple starting to accept how much of a hack jonny ives is?

the guy who designed some of the most loved and recognizable products of all time? that jonny ives?

can you even name any of the designers at microsoft?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

akadajet posted:

the guy who designed some of the most loved and recognizable products of all time? that jonny ives?

satya nadela, he wrote the inspirational quotes microsoft coffee machines print on the latte foam

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

jonny ives is responsible for like 2 successful designs and then a wealth of disasters including the worst input devices of all time.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also his few successes were during the jobs era which means ives probably had little say in them

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

jonny ives is responsible for like 2 successful designs and then a wealth of disasters including the worst input devices of all time.

he's had enough hits to sell a $300 book worth of pictures of em
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MLXF2LL/A/designed-by-apple-in-california-102-x-128-inches

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah I love the meta-irony.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
jony ives is a good designer who needs someone to keep him in check and essentially be a counterbalance. steve jobs was usually able to do that, tim cook not so much.

jony also needs to stay away from UI design.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no hes a bad designer and you only think hes good cause his name was on some older hardware he didnt control and the UI is the first place he had full control. Now that older designs are dying off and we're into full ives mode you have megatrash like the iphone x.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

akadajet posted:

he's obviously a great designer but he seems to need a Steve jobs to tell him when something just sucks for regular humans as opposed to his "perfect unapologetic designs"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"his designs are great, they're just not really for people to use."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

akadajet posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

is that a double zipper hoodie worn over hawaiian shirt???????

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
[quote="“cinci zoo sniper”" post="“476721534”"]
is that a double zipper hoodie worn over hawaiian shirt???????
[/quote]

t-shirt but otherwise...

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Doc Block posted:

macro arment making overcast almost absolves him of co-creating tumblr

he had a whole rant about how people need to shut up about the fact that Apple Watch cell service is $10 because THE FUTURE IS AMAZING WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING THAT YOU'RE GETTING BONED BY THE CARRIERS FOR SOMETHING WHICH COSTS THEM LITERALLY NOTHING

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Jimmy Carter posted:

he had a whole rant about how people need to shut up about the fact that Apple Watch cell service is $10 because THE FUTURE IS AMAZING WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING THAT YOU'RE GETTING BONED BY THE CARRIERS FOR SOMETHING WHICH COSTS THEM LITERALLY NOTHING

the model of data service being tied to a device instead of a user is outdated and broken.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The Management posted:

sometimes marco's whining gets media attention for problems people inside Apple have been complaining about for years. Apple management reacts a lot more to media pressure than to engineers ranting in bug reports. the Mac Pro is a good example. everyone knew the trash can was a stupid idea, but it's only now that they are taking it seriously.

other times marco is just a whiny bitch and makes a huge deal out of nothing and everyone hates him.

do people at apple talk about my posts and how they should hire me immediately because im the next steve jobs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

poty posted:

do people at apple talk about my posts and how they should hire me immediately because im the next steve jobs

probably too busy sucking each other's cocks

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Jimmy Carter posted:

he also had a whole rant about how search ads in the App Store are actually good because he can afford them and doesn't see why everyone isn't totally on board with having their competitors buy their app's name as a paid search term etc etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
at this point I expect T-Mobile to put out another press release saying that they're the best carrier because they let you add an Apple Watch for free/99 cents per month. pretty sure the only reason they didn't do it on day 1 was because they didn't seem to know it was really coming to begin with (other than the engineering people). See: them throttling it to 512 kbps because uhhhhhhhhh nobody told me this was any different than the Samsung Watch

• Locked thread