Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
LSU being ranked is good & cool actually.

The longer the myth is extended, the more painful the fall from grace. I won't have my Sunday morning readings of the apoplectic Tiger Rant taken away from me.

Though today I've been more distracted & engaged in the threads that are making GBS threads all over Fournette because he knelt during the anthem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yep
Dec 29, 2012
Who gave OU a first place vote? Why? I am fully willing to concede that vote to Bama after the Mike Stoops Special last night.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

I know some of you are frustrated over how the night ended so allow me to make you feel better

I don't particularly care but I would point out that Maryland was on it's 3rd string qb.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Lol at ND and LSU being ranked.

ND's loss is a really tight one to a top 10 team and they've blown everyone else out that doesn't really seem like a huge outrage tbh

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Someone needs to make an addition to the Goldy bitch gif, he just ran over another youth football player at the Vikings halftime mascot game

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

ND's loss is a really tight one to a top 10 team and they've blown everyone else out that doesn't really seem like a huge outrage tbh

I have been blinded by the gently caress Notre Dame clause, it seems.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

News: Minnesota survives bye week, plus Maryland doesn't appear look great which bodes well for next week.

Views: https://twitter.com/hobiefox9/status/912022312408379392

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
N: https://twitter.com/DavidHaleESPN/status/911957787541950464

V: I'm getting closer and closer to saying Fuente is the best QB coach in the country because holy poo poo.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I kinda wish we hired him over Richt, to be honest. I really like Richt, but I feel like Fuente is going to solidify himself as a top-tier coach over the next couple of seasons.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dilber posted:

I kinda wish we hired him over Richt, to be honest. I really like Richt, but I feel like Fuente is going to solidify himself as a top-tier coach over the next couple of seasons.

I'm not sure you had a chance to, he and VT locked in on each other really quickly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

KKKLIP ART posted:

AP Poll:
code:
1	Alabama
2	Clemson	
3	Oklahoma	
4	Penn State	
5	USC	
6	Washington	
7	Georgia	
8	Michigan	
9	TCU	
10	Wisconsin	
11	Ohio State	
12	Virginia Tech	
13	Auburn	
14	Miami (FL)	
15	Oklahoma State	
16	Washington State	
17	Louisville	
18	South Florida	
19	San Diego State	
20	Utah	
21	Florida	
22	Notre Dame	
23	West Virginia	
24	Mississippi State	
25	LSU	
Top 20 y'all :toot:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
For anyone that missed Tulane's game, their injured QB had a great last drive to win the game. Jonathan Banks owns.

"After surrendering Dontrell Hilliard's 75-yard touchdown run on the first play from scrimmage, the Black Knights had methodically taken control of the game behind their rack-and-pinion option offense. Connor Slomka's 5-yard touchdown run with 5:32 left put the visitors in front 17-14 with 5:32 left.

Jonathan Banks describes Tulane's 21-17 comeback against Army
In years past, Tulane would have folded its tent and thrown in the towel.

In years past, they would have found a way to lose.

But in years past, the Green Wave didn't have Jonathan Banks. The dynamic dual-threat quarterback put on a clinic in clutch, executing a masterful 19-play, 75-yard drive that would have made Drew Brees proud.

The Green Wave was 0-for-7 on third down before the drive, but twice Banks converted key third downs. Two other times he converted do-or-die fourth downs, including a cover-your-eyes 10-yard scramble on fourth-and-8 from his own 27. His 4-yard run with 23 seconds left sealed the epic march and propelled Tulane into its open date with immeasurable momentum."
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2017/09/tulane_football_takes_major_st.html

Randaconda posted:

For a mid-major, Miami talks a lot of poo poo

Miami has a better history than most programs. Also, they aren't a mid-major.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TCU fans right now:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

I'm not sure you had a chance to, he and VT locked in on each other really quickly

Yep. Golden got fired one week (Oct 25) before Beamer announced retirement (Nov 1) but if I remember right I think Babock locked up Fuente no more than 2 weeks later and he was announced right before the end of November. He might have been on Miami's list but they were going to take their time. Babcock probably had Fuente at the top of his list for anywhere from 6 months to a year, he went after him immediately and didn't even bother with anyone else.

Spacebump posted:

Rand is an FSU fan.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spacebump posted:

that's just rival talk, m'man

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Yeah, I remember him being locked up quick. I feel like our AD dithered until Richt fell into his lap. I think we interviewed Butch Davis, Mullens, and possibly Schiano.

Also, I happen to like most of the posters from our rivals here. I also hate most Miami fans.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Saquon Barkley is one of the best players I've ever seen. He's certainly the best Penn State player I've seen in my lifetime. If Trace could play more consistently, it is hard to see us losing to anyone. Barkley has become too much of a safety blanket. Trace is throwing to Barkley too much in tight situations and not trusting his receivers enough down the field. Hopefully the last drive gives him confidence. Can't afford to overlook Indiana next week.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I was 4 seconds and 2 millimeters away from rushing the field for the second time in 2 years. What a gut-check. The only thing about that game that annoys me is Brian Ferentz calling ineffective inside runs all 1st-half until a toss sweep while inside our own endzone. That safety wound up being the difference in the end.

That said, still happy to see the team play so well and make the most of the chances they got. Really happy that the fans stuck around to give the team rhythmic slapping sounds on their way out of the stadium. I feel better about the rest of the season if they can keep playing like they did last night.

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 24, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Hello friends let's all talk about and enjoy College Football, the only version of Football where game deciding spots that come down to a couple inches aren't overturned on review immediately ending games

(JT Barrett was short give me consistency or give me death football sucks)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

UCF and USF are the best florida teams lmao

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Hello friends let's all talk about and enjoy College Football, the only version of Football where game deciding spots that come down to a couple inches aren't overturned on review immediately ending games

(JT Barrett was short give me consistency or give me death football sucks)

Actually The Spot Was Good

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

Actually The Spot Was Good

Even if it wasnt, spots never get overturned

If the game was at Michigan, JT would have been ruled short on the field

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MV someone took a video of you last night

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/911802257447907328

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Please do not doxx me, no one can know that I am former Champion of all Continents and record setting tag team champion Big E Langston

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
You got nice boobs.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Miami lost twice to Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (then Georgia State College for Men).

Which hasn't had football since 1937.

Which is now a junior college.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Big E is the best :3:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol

god big E owns

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Komet posted:

Saquon Barkley is one of the best players I've ever seen. He's certainly the best Penn State player I've seen in my lifetime. If Trace could play more consistently, it is hard to see us losing to anyone. Barkley has become too much of a safety blanket. Trace is throwing to Barkley too much in tight situations and not trusting his receivers enough down the field. Hopefully the last drive gives him confidence. Can't afford to overlook Indiana next week.

I"m terrified of defense. If we could somehow open a portal through time and get the 2004 defense to play, Penn State would be a complete monster.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Would go back to retrieve defense but not stop child rape. Hmmmm

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vikingstrike posted:

:sad:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

vikingstrike posted:

But if you went back in time to kill Sandusky, there might not have been a defense worth going back in time to retrieve.

A paradox the Penn State Fan must live with.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Cthulu Carl posted:

But if you went back in time to kill Sandusky, there might not have been a defense worth going back in time to retrieve.

A paradox the Penn State Fan must live with.

A real sophie's choice

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

tactlessbastard posted:

A real sophie's choice

is sophie the name of one of the kids because if so i know what she'd choose

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

Penn State would be a complete monster.

Already a complete monster, you old gently caress.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Iowa not being ranked is loving dumb, they played an awesome game against PSU.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

TCU fans right now:

I had a funeral during the game on Saturday but this really was a nice score to see afterwards. :unsmith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fifty Three posted:

Iowa not being ranked is loving dumb, they played an awesome game against PSU.

Eh, they haven't actually beaten anyone notable (ISU is maaaaybe a bowl team?). If they play like they did last night on defense regularly going forward the wins will come and they'll get into the rankings. Way too early to care now.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Oregon's defense looks better than I expected it to coming into the season, and the offense looks worse.

The o-line should not be loving up this bad. The play calling on passes makes it obvious that Taggart has no confidence in either Herbert's timing, the remaining receivers' route running, or both. It seemed like they could have run more bubble screens though, ironically.

On the bright side, by the end of the season we should have collected so many penalty flags that we'll be able to tie them all together and lynch a Pac 12 ref of our choice.

Seriously, though, I'm probably going to stroke out yelling at the TV one of these games if they keep getting penalized like this. It is the worst, dumbest, most frustrating thing. I'm pretty sure we could bench Apelu and make a major reduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/wmitch/status/911793157918126081

• Locked thread