Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NC State beat FSU, Alabama took Vandy behind the woodshed, Oklahoma reminded Baylor (bitch) who their daddy was, Tennessee survived the mighty UMass, Kentucky found a way to lose a game they should have won against Florida, Georgia thumped the poo poo out of Mississippi state, and Iowa had one job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KKKLIP ART posted:

NC State beat FSU

this was bad actually

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Good reminder for life. Good things only happen to institutions that hide and cover up long term sexual abuse against minors and marine life.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
LSU has the worst offensive line in college football. The defense has seriously regressed since week 1. With 2 of the highest paid coordinators in the country, they struggled to beat Syracuse at home. In fact, Syracuse dropped a sure TD and a sure pick 6. That's the only reason they won't leave Baton Rouge with a win.

LSU is like really bad this year. Not "not good" but actually "bad"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
the regular season is 1/3 over :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly why doesn't florida hire rex grossman to coordinate the offense

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

pillsburysoldier posted:

this was bad actually

when you hear that Florida's defense has more TDs than Florida State's offense

https://i.imgur.com/QzV8nBA.mp4

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You know how there's scientists that theorize that we live in an elaborate computer simulation?

They're right because Saquon Barkley runs like he's Neo.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessees offense had 50 something yards on 31 second half plays

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

NC State beat FSU, Alabama took Vandy behind the woodshed, Oklahoma reminded Baylor (bitch) who their daddy was, Tennessee survived the mighty UMass, Kentucky found a way to lose a game they should have won against Florida, Georgia thumped the poo poo out of Mississippi state, and Iowa had one job.

Also Deacs bitch

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessees offense had 50 something yards on 31 second half plays

Holy poo poo that's bad.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Oklahoma gave up 41 points to a team that got beat by Liberty. They didn't remind anyone of anything.

Also football is bad. But it's ok, because I can finally say Is It Basketball Season Yet?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bring me the head of lyle allen jones

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

vikingstrike posted:

Holy poo poo that's bad.

It was atrocious. Butch is coaching for his job against Georgia. A blowout loss (which is very likely) and he's gone.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Looks like Baylor Basically Beat Bitch a top 5 team after Title IX magically went away... coincidence? OH, I'm sorry, our BEEF FED COUNTRY BOYS AND COACHES didn't don a sherlock holmes magnifying glass and fedora and go snooping for semen stains on some young bucks pants and balls? I'm so sorry! Did we let the Local County lockup gather up a few scoundrels and prosecute them? by golly, Green Giant Eatin ham stallions been running wild on "Faux-KKKlahoma"

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
there is too much alcohol in my body y'all

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

ur in my world now posted:

Oklahoma gave up 41 points to a team that got beat by Liberty. They didn't remind anyone of anything.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou's the kind of bad that just saps all of your energy.

There's nothing to hope for the rest of this season, nothing to look forward to. They might get a couple more wins along the way if things fall in the right place but those will be meaningless and annoying in their own way--as in either the other team is just so bad that they lose or Missouri actually looks competent against absolute poo poo opponents. The only real question to be answered is whether Odom gets a third year because all coaches must get at least that long to build (or destroy) their programs or if Sterk moves along because good god.

Don't get me wrong, losing to Auburn is fine and something I kind of expected coming into the season. But back to back (to back kinda) blowouts where the team is just utterly not competitive in any way. Yeah, that's just not good.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/911714237969346560

Bama backup QB looks good.

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSouth/status/911642449847525376

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i guess its good oklahoma didnt outright lose but drat, drat

in other news the idiotic plan to create a RIVALRY GAME here between texas state and utsa failed, because apparently everyone involved in this plan forgot that UTSA is mediocre but still miles ahead of TSU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU looked like garbage in the first quarter, then there was a two hour lightning delay, and SDSU was able to rebound and slip by Air Force in what I thought was going to be a trap game.

Go Aztecs

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

corn in the bible posted:

i guess its good oklahoma didnt outright lose but drat, drat

in other news the idiotic plan to create a RIVALRY GAME here between texas state and utsa failed, because apparently everyone involved in this plan forgot that UTSA is mediocre but still miles ahead of TSU

The H-E-B I-35 Showdown was a success.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

blugu64 posted:

kill this earth

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

There's nothing to hope for the rest of this season, nothing to look forward to. They might get a couple more wins along the way if things fall in the right place but those will be meaningless and annoying in their own way--as in either the other team is just so bad that they lose or Missouri actually looks competent against absolute poo poo opponents. The only real question to be answered is whether Odom gets a third year because all coaches must get at least that long to build (or destroy) their programs or if Sterk moves along because good god.

Don't get me wrong, losing to Auburn is fine and something I kind of expected coming into the season. But back to back (to back kinda) blowouts where the team is just utterly not competitive in any way. Yeah, that's just not good.

When y'all went up tempo you looked a lot better than when playing at normal speed - a problem that I as an Auburn man am very, very familiar with. Do like I do and yell at your tv for your team to play faster?

Also I absolutely hate agreeing with Nick Saban on anything but man, tell your fellow fans / alumni not to leave in the third quarter when you're down. It's a bad look.

In non-Mizzou / Auburn stuff, goddamn I was pulling for that Kentucky upset. I hope Kentucky's fan base aren't shitheads towards that kicker. (I realize assuming Kentucky has fans that aren't just biding time until basketball season is probably being generous.)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also Deacs bitch

Saw the stats and thought maybe it was turnovers that doomed App State but nope, so I'm at a loss. lovely in the redzone is my next guess. You guys looked really vulnerable though. The next 5 weeks are not going to be kind to you but maybe if you can pull off the upset against a reeling FSU some bullshit can happen.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

blugu64 posted:

An awful lot of college football games are I-35 showdowns

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Jacksonville State stomped Liberty which means they beat Baylor by a lot due to the transitive property? :unsmith:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

Odom won't be getting a 3rd year with Sterk. Maybe if Rhoades was still here but there's no way Sterk lets him sit around and foul up the program for another year, especially after the $100 million stadium renovation plan got approved. They are not going to drop that kinda cash to have the seats sit vacant.

I agree though with the 'season is already over' sentiment though. I have zero interest in watching another Mizzou game this year. And honestly, they might not get another win if they keep playing like this. Even with Idaho and UConn on the schedule.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I know some of you are frustrated over how the night ended so allow me to make you feel better

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

wyntyr posted:

Also I absolutely hate agreeing with Nick Saban on anything but man, tell your fellow fans / alumni not to leave in the third quarter when you're down. It's a bad look.

I'm glad that they are. Declining attendance should light a fire under the AD's rear end to come up with a solution to this mess.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I finally made it out to the new Tulane stadium, which has been on my to-do list since they built it.

Tulane-Army was real good. Tulane's offense stalled for basically the entire second half, but Army kept refusing to kick FGs. They got stuffed on 4th twice in FG range and got picked off in the end zone after converting a 4th down earlier in FG range. Tulane's QB overcame a bunch of drops and getting real jacked up to lead a game-winning drive.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
How did Pitt get so bad that they couldn't turn any of the 4 GT turnovers into points? James Conner was their entire offense wasn't it?

KirVonte Benson is just as good as Dedrick Mills

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

Saw the stats and thought maybe it was turnovers that doomed App State but nope, so I'm at a loss. lovely in the redzone is my next guess. You guys looked really vulnerable though. The next 5 weeks are not going to be kind to you but maybe if you can pull off the upset against a reeling FSU some bullshit can happen.

OTOH the team was uncharacteristically bad at certain execution stuff, they played at a stadium with the biggest, loudest crowd in the school's history, and App State caught every possible break and still lost. Oh and App State went 10-3 last year. They're not as bad as the name would suggest. I'd honestly guess they're on par with a team like GT, all told.

EDIT: App State honestly treated it like their season and the trajectory of their program depended on this win.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 24, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I hope they keep Odom all year and run a banner during every game that says:

"gently caress off true sons, this is what you loving get. Kim Anderson, too. Once again, gently caress you and enjoy this awful game."

No more alumnis please.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

C2C - 2.0 posted:

LSU has the worst offensive line in college football.

Arkansas would trade you no questions asked.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I regret ever buying :razorback2: and :razorback: and :razorfront: and whatever other Razorback emoticons I paid money for

We had A&M playing their third string quarterback

And we had a bye week to prepare

And A&M was a dumpster fire that blew a 34 point lead and barely beat Nichols and Louisiana-Lafayette

And we had shiny new uniforms

And we had a two touchdown lead

And we even had an absolutely horrible call THAT UNBELIEVABLY ACTUALLY WENT IN OUR FAVOR FOR ONCE that took one of their touchdowns off the board

AND

WE

STILL

LOST

TO

THOSE

FUCKERS

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!11!?!

:ughh:

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

OTOH the team was uncharacteristically bad at certain execution stuff, they played at a stadium with the biggest, loudest crowd in the school's history, and App State caught every possible break and still lost. Oh and App State went 10-3 last year. They're not as bad as the name would suggest. I'd honestly guess they're on par with a team like GT, all told.

EDIT: App State honestly treated it like their season and the trajectory of their program depended on this win.

But this isn't last year and 10-3 in the Sun Belt is such a useless stat anyway, the Sun Belt is like 80% teams who are transitioning from FCS, the entire conference is usually in the bottom 20% of all teams year-to-year. This year they've beaten an FCS team and squeaked by a Texas State team that's probably one of the ten worst teams this year. Wake eeking out a win over App State is not a great sign unless your expectations are just "please don't lose". Suggesting App State is like GT is just wrong for a variety of reasons.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 24, 2017

• Locked thread