Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Noice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

GUESS WHAT gently caress FACES MY MOM AND DAD ARE OK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great news bro :getin:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ElMaligno posted:

GUESS WHAT gently caress FACES MY MOM AND DAD ARE OK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gently caress YEAH!

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Handsome Ralph posted:

Happy for you bro.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Best news all week.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Good, been a lot of bad news out of Puerto Rico lately.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
They got out just in time to die by nuclear hellfire

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

:glomp:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

McNally posted:

You guys do realize that Gold Star Mother's and Family's Day (christ, that's a mouthful) is the last Sunday of September and there's about as much meaning here as President Trump proclaiming November 23rd a national day of thanksgiving?

I mean, yeah, dude's a piece of poo poo, but this isn't even low hanging fruit. It's picking poo poo up off the ground.

When there's a walkout for Thanksgiving day games in the aftermath of another police shooting, don't be surprised if our day of Thanksgiving is suddenly renamed to "Thanksgiving(and receiving)" just so he can issue a press release reminding us that rich black athletes hate humble, hard working, White America.

And then when our D&D refugee class crawl all over each other to point out the connection, McNally can say "UGH GUYS ITS ALWAYS BEEN THANKSGIVING"

Cool country.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Victor Vermis posted:

When there's a walkout for Thanksgiving day games in the aftermath of another police shooting, don't be surprised if our day of Thanksgiving is suddenly renamed to "Thanksgiving(and receiving)" just so he can issue a press release reminding us that rich black athletes hate humble, hard working, White America.

And then when our D&D refugee class crawl all over each other to point out the connection, McNally can say "UGH GUYS ITS ALWAYS BEEN THANKSGIVING"

Cool country.

Was any of that in the release? All I saw was the usual "blah blah sacrifices blah blah America cares" stuff.

I'm not saying poo poo's hosed up, but if you're going to make that arguement, post "Trump signed this today while also tweeting this bullshit" instead of just "gently caress Trump for signing this"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've been blanket driveby shitposting "Meanwhile, at the VA," on every arr troops FB post about this that crosses my feed

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Though I think what really stuck in my craw was GIP's response to the official announcement of Gold Star Mother's and Family's Day being "gently caress that guy." My reply was an irrational knee-jerk reaction. And so was the other reply.

I'm not doing too good today.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It's good to know that as a veteran I never have to say another word about being a veteran because there's a bunch of idiots who aren't veterans who will speak for me.

Imagine if black people had the same type of representation.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ElMaligno posted:

:unsmith:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I mean maybe Trump is actually voicing his support for LGBQT military families in which there isn't a "mother".

But it's not. Because that knee-jerk reaction is what he intended.

I miss Obama.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Imagine if black police had the same type of representation.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/912088680000397312

BECAUSE THIS WORKS SO WELL FOR THE SERVICE ACADEMIES

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Imagine if black people had the same type of representation.

As a black, yeh, this happens. And nice one ElMaligno.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I think the Army has a decent record against NFL players...

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Lmao this is retarded on so many levels

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ElMaligno posted:

Good news!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How many wars in a row can we lose before people stop fetishizing the military

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like this travel ban poo poo will be headed to the Supreme Court after all. The Supreme Court attempted to punt deciding on it until it expired, making it moot, but looks like Trump just extended and expanded it.

https://twitter.com/DevlinBarrett/status/912100421862350848

North Korea, Venezuela, and Chad added to the travel ban.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Did he throw a dart at a map in order to pick Chad?

Edit: Until it's confirmed otherwise I am choosing to believe that he has a very fundamental misunderstanding of inceldom

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 25, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Pesticide20 posted:

He used to have an intern named Chad who was awful

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Pesticide20 posted:

He heard Chad was a bad hombre, or a hurricane.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

sharknado slashfic posted:

How many wars in a row can we lose before people stop fetishizing the military

If the goal was profitable forever war and nebulous "war on terror" to keep the domestic audience in line, can Afghanistan and Iraq really be considered losses?

Oh you meant the people not politicians.

My bad.

If the goal was bombing anyone darker than a paper bag and swinging our dicks around because 'MURICAH FIRST, can Afghanistan and Iraq really be considered losses?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

BECAUSE THIS WORKS SO WELL FOR THE SERVICE ACADEMIES

Are troops are the best at everything. We don't need single payer healthcare, we just need are troops to give us medical care!

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Are they any good at building walls? Might be a job going.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

http://www.usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports/

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Yah I'm sure a team with lots of 5 foot eight inch guys built like twinks would have chance against professional football teams

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

But what about her emails?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

milk milk lemonade posted:

Yah I'm sure a team with lots of 5 foot eight inch guys built like twinks would have chance against professional football teams

I dont understand why they lost, they have great PT scores!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you play at a service academy your overall w-l record should impact your career path. Every loss is another year or service obligation or something.

Some dudes will be doing 35+ years.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

the service academies have been decent at football as of late. they're not power 5 material but neither are 1/3 of the teams in power 5 conferences. navy almost won the aac last season . air force played a close game against michigan last week(the score is more lopsided than how the game played out).

service academy football should be in the ivy league not fbs though. not for quality of play reasons, but focus for those guys shouldn't be playing football.

the tweet is still dumb but your analysis of academy football is poor.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

you should see the after party

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

vains posted:

the service academies have been decent at football as of late. they're not power 5 material but neither are 1/3 of the teams in power 5 conferences. navy almost won the aac last season . air force played a close game against michigan last week(the score is more lopsided than how the game played out).

service academy football should be in the ivy league not fbs though. not for quality of play reasons, but focus for those guys shouldn't be playing football.

the tweet is still dumb but your analysis of academy football is poor.

gently caress service academies. I root against them all and people think I'm a communist, little do they realize I just hate all nobles and nobles in training

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Anyways my analysis of service academies football is they're gay and hang all nobles

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Anyways my analysis of service academies football is they're gay and hang all nobles

Lot of valid points to consider here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
the service academies are only not gay when they beat notre dame or a big 10 school.

• Locked thread