Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

mcmagic posted:

They cheat. It works. The end.

How are they cheating this season I need the inside scoop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Hours later I still can't believe Corey Moore dropped that gimme game winning interception

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Intruder posted:

Hours later I still can't believe Corey Moore dropped that gimme game winning interception

Imo the worse play was not shoving Cooks out of bounds

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I'm pretty lol at people bleating about cheating constantly. play better and maybe you can win

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Lena Dunham posted:

He's not even completely on the ground yet in this screencap, it was 0:09 by the time he was down

Your team lost fair and square - get over it. Maybe they should have played better in the previous 58 minutes

And at 10 seconds he's in the endzone. He either had a TD, or was down with 11 seconds on the clock.

I'm not even saying the Lions would've won had they had one more play (they are the lions) but the refs completely and unequivocally hosed Up Big.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Phobeste posted:

I'm pretty lol at people bleating about cheating constantly. play better and maybe you can win

Right back atcha, buddy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blitz7x posted:

Imo the worse play was not shoving Cooks out of bounds

Disagree because that doesn't win the game. the pick does

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Pats only have the same record as the Jaguars and struggled to beat a team that the Jags killed. Pretty mediocre team imo

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The Lions aren't even strangers to crippling, self-inflicted failure, they're masters at it. When the refs gently caress up like this, it's frustrating, because it's like they don't even trust the Lions to gently caress it up for themselves.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the refs were god fuckign awful in all 3 games i watched today. that 61 yard kick was fake and fire ben macadoo. thats for taking my call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

And at 10 seconds he's in the endzone. He either had a TD, or was down with 11 seconds on the clock.

I'm not even saying the Lions would've won had they had one more play (they are the lions) but the refs completely and unequivocally hosed Up Big.

This isn't really the way football clock timing has ever worked though. How many plays have you seen that went out of bounds at the end of a game with what should have been a half second left on the clock? It needs to be super clear for them to put time back on the clock, and I don't think the difference there would have saved Detroit.

Not that it makes you feel any better I know, but I think y'all just got screwed by a questionable rule that was correctly applied.

On the bright side, surely you can't find a more Lions way to lose for the rest of this season.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Phobeste posted:

The New England Patriots won today and that makes me happy. Also, the Pittsburgh Steelers lost and that too makes me happy

facts are facts, the new england patriots are a good football team

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
No wonder his nickname is Dirty Dan

https://twitter.com/ryancrawford42/status/912070092170629120

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I've felt for years the league should add tenths of a second the clock in the final minute akin to hockey and basketball to help mitigate such timing issues.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
patriots fans continue to be pieces of poo poo though, no longer content with booing their own players for the crime of not being ahead by 3 scores at halftime, they now boo the mere concept of black people

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Grittybeard posted:

This isn't really the way football clock timing has ever worked though. How many plays have you seen that went out of bounds at the end of a game with what should have been a half second left on the clock? It needs to be super clear for them to put time back on the clock, and I don't think the difference there would have saved Detroit.

Not that it makes you feel any better I know, but I think y'all just got screwed by a questionable rule that was correctly applied.

On the bright side, surely you can't find a more Lions way to lose for the rest of this season.

Oh ye of little faith :shepicide:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

little munchkin posted:

patriots fans continue to be pieces of poo poo though, no longer content with booing their own players for the crime of not being ahead by 3 scores at halftime, they now boo the mere concept of black people

i would like to get on board with being smug this, but i root for a florida team and... uh...

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

the chiefs are the only good team

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

blue squares posted:

Stop. We aren't used to the attention

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

blue squares posted:

... I'm okay with this

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
alex actually seemed pissed when asked about trump

https://streamable.com/403yn

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chromatic posted:

Alex take a knee.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Alex is an alright dude.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

fsif posted:

Alex take a knee.

His wife will take one for him on Twitter

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chromatic posted:

Quarterback of my heart. I'm a Chiefs fan now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Alex take a knee.

It will suck if this turns into purely an anti-Trump thing. (not saying anything against Alex Smith here, just there's a whole lot of this happening already). You need to take a knee if you're ready to say poo poo about institutional racism and police violence or at the very least strongly stand by those that will.

The last thing we need is to let shithead white people turn this into the next Drumpf.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hawks offense bad.

Protests good.

Hot Diggity! posted:

i live in chicago and dude was crying lol

lol

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Did any starting QBs take a knee today?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/912138029850071040

:suicide:

blue squares posted:

I was gonna start up the 19-0/0-16 thread again but it seems pointless with how inconsistent everyone looks. We could have 0 contenders by the end of Week 4.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bait and Swatch posted:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

That really sucks, he's got to be nearing the end of his career at this point.

e: I don't mean because of this injury, you can come back from a broken arm easily. Just from age, he's ancient in running back years.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Kalli posted:

The last thing we need is to let shithead white people turn this into the next Drumpf.

I hope this doesn't happen, but it probably will.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

OBR posted:

I was at Wembley today for Jags-Ravens. Bortles looked loving amazing.

If anything would make me believe the "NFL is rigged!" crowd, this is it. Jags play in front of their London crowd, and Bortles manages to look like an actual QB? :raise:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Coldforge posted:

If anything would make me believe the "NFL is rigged!" crowd, this is it. Jags play in front of their London crowd, and Bortles manages to look like an actual QB? :raise:
I got off a plane mid way through the third quarter of that game. I turned airplane mode off and my phone instantly blew up. Joe Flacco had 8 yards of passing and 2 ints. The Ravens had earned 1 first down all game to that point. Please don't take this from me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chace made some graphs on Cam basically saying he's all hosed up.

http://www.footballperspective.com/something-is-wrong-with-cam-newton/

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bait and Swatch posted:

Cam looked bitchmade standing. I really thought Carr would at least do the hand shoulder thing.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Chace made some graphs on Cam basically saying he's all hosed up.

http://www.footballperspective.com/something-is-wrong-with-cam-newton/

It's almost like using your QB like a short yardage running back then playing him through a shoulder injury in his throwing arm during a lost season was loving stupid. gently caress the Panthers I hate having to watch this stupid team every week.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 25, 2017

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Hail to the Redskins baby. Went out and showed their rear end tonight.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/912152307885895680

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lol glad that game only counts as one loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

That really sucks, he's got to be nearing the end of his career at this point.

e: I don't mean because of this injury, you can come back from a broken arm easily. Just from age, he's ancient in running back years.

iirc he was planning on retiring after this year :smith:

• Locked thread