Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Princess Sugehit vs Zeuxis, great heat, rare great usage of the 2/3 falls rules to add tension to nearfalls in the third fall.

3rd, though I think the third fall dragged on a bit. That said, the drama of the mask stip carried the match through, along with how none of the two's spots could put each other away until Zeuxis pulled the Spanish Fly from out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NuclearPotato posted:

3rd, though I think the third fall dragged on a bit. That said, the drama of the mask stip carried the match through, along with how none of the two's spots could put each other away until Zeuxis pulled the Spanish Fly from out of nowhere.

I was fully sold when the same roll up wasn't enough to finish the 3rd fall.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero, CMLL Anniversario 84 Great heat, some really cool spots and good nearfalls.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Princess Sugehit vs Zeuxis, great heat, rare great usage of the 2/3 falls rules to add tension to nearfalls in the third fall.

4th

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

IMO from Destruction in Hiroshima

HM: Funky Future vs. Taichi & Kanemaru
HM: KUSHIDA vs. El Desperado
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Agreed

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero, CMLL Anniversario 84 Great heat, some really cool spots and good nearfalls.

2nd. Didn't quite have the drama of the other mask match on the show, probably because of the build, but a really solid and fun match that's worth checking out.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate's 9/18 Dangerous Gate show

MOTYC: No DQ Unit Disbands Elimination Match - Verserk (Shingo Takagi, T-Hawk, Takashi Yoshida, El Lindaman, and Punch Tominaga) vs. Jimmyz (Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda, and Jimmy K-Ness J.K.S.)

Shingo bullied Dragon Gate into letting him do a death match and this was the result. Not nearly as much a fast paced clusterfuck as these things usually are, but lots of great spots and high drama nonetheless. Some great imagery in the ending stretch of the final two fighting in a deconstructed ring among the detritus of death match weaponry. Match ended with women in the crowd openly weeping which is pretty much a requirement for being 2017's best match.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I just watched the ROH/NJPW shows on NJPW World and Kushida/Titan was very enjoyable. Maybe worth an HM, but definitely worth watching.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Kenny Omega (C) vs Juice Robinson for the IWGP US Title at DESTRUCTION in Kobe, 9/24

Not just the first defense of Kenny's US Title, but a rematch of his G1 upset loss to Juice. Here's a shocking revelation for you all - Kenny Omega is an amazing loving wrestler.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kenny Omega (C) vs Juice Robinson for the IWGP US Title at DESTRUCTION in Kobe, 9/24

Not just the first defense of Kenny's US Title, but a rematch of his G1 upset loss to Juice. Here's a shocking revelation for you all - Kenny Omega is an amazing loving wrestler.

Seconded, that was the best match of the tour for me.

For anyone who didn't watch the show but watches NJPW and wants to know which matches are worth checking out I'd recommend watching Beretta/Yujiro, it's not a fantastic match that deserves an HM or anything but it was really good, and for someone like me who's only been watching a year it shows that Yujiro is actually capable of holding his own and isn't poo poo.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Third, and uh, yeah. I wasn't kidding when I said he's probably my favorite in the entire industry right now.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
HM: Ambrose & Rollins (c) vs Cesaro & Sheamus, WWE No Mercy, 9/24

Also from the same show, the women's five way was pretty drat good. Bray/Finn and Jordan/Miz also worth watchin if you're feeling completionist

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

Also from the same show, the women's five way was pretty drat good. Bray/Finn and Jordan/Miz also worth watchin if you're feeling completionist

2nd. Good first half of the card. The upper card was pretty dire though.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
MOTY Cena Reigns No Mercy.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

abraham linksys posted:

3rd that. I just hope Cesaro has a good dentist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

abraham linksys posted:

4thed, that was a really good match though I felt the losing side actually looked like the more effective tag-team of the two.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Nth for Ambrose/Rollins vs Bar

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

lmao

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Venomous posted:

MOTYC: Joe Coffey vs. Lewis Girvan, 2/3 Falls Match, Discovery Wrestling 3rd Anniversary, 9/16

Maybe it's just because I was there but holy poo poo, that was quite possibly the best match I've ever seen live, and Coffey's promo afterwards just loving made it so special. Incredible.

Recommending this match again since the full show just came out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuj1p50lHac&t=7604s

e: also, from that same show, HM: Rampage Brown vs. Mikey Whiplash, Discovery Wrestling 3rd Anniversary, 9/16, b/c the storytelling in that match was goddamn phenomenal

Venomous fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 25, 2017

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Agreed

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wmotyc neville vs enzo amore at no mercy

wmotyc brock lesnar vs braun strowman at no mercy

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

KungFu Grip posted:

To be fair, Brock/Braun wasn't the worst match, it just had the worst possible result.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fenrir posted:

To be fair, Brock/Braun wasn't the worst match, it just had the worst possible result.

That should qualify for WMOTY because we don't have a 'gently caress you, we already got your money' category.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

nth

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

mmk

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

A Bit late by HM Kenny Omega/Juice Robinson

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

wmotyc Cena vs Reigns at No Mercy

HM: The Bar vs Rollins-Ambrose No Mercy

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

wmotyc Cena vs Reigns at No Mercy

HM: The Bar vs Rollins-Ambrose No Mercy

I agree with this.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
For those that didn't watch it on the iPPV, thecubsfan posted the Princesa Sugehit vs. Zeuxis as it aired on CMLL Lucha Azteca this past weekend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_wFCaDPZw

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'll throw in an nth wmotyc for Braun vs Brock, that match loving sucked.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Killshot vs Dante Fox - Hell of war match- Ultima Lucha Tres Night 1 - 9/27/17

Holy gently caress. Borderline MOTYC. Strickland is unbelievable and AR Fox is loving insane

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: Killshot vs Dante Fox - Hell of war match- Ultima Lucha Tres Night 1 - 9/27/17

Holy gently caress. Borderline MOTYC. Strickland is unbelievable and AR Fox is loving insane

Agreed.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
3rd.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nth

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

From Dragon Gate's 9/18 Dangerous Gate show

MOTYC: No DQ Unit Disbands Elimination Match - Verserk (Shingo Takagi, T-Hawk, Takashi Yoshida, El Lindaman, and Punch Tominaga) vs. Jimmyz (Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda, and Jimmy K-Ness J.K.S.)

Shingo bullied Dragon Gate into letting him do a death match and this was the result. Not nearly as much a fast paced clusterfuck as these things usually are, but lots of great spots and high drama nonetheless. Some great imagery in the ending stretch of the final two fighting in a deconstructed ring among the detritus of death match weaponry. Match ended with women in the crowd openly weeping which is pretty much a requirement for being 2017's best match.

Man I can't believe I never went back and edited this post. From the same show:

HM - Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Yosuke Santa Maria vs. Jimmy KAGETORA
Not gonna win any awards honestly but this was about the level of a real good Toru Yano G1 match, but Maria is a better worker than YRT. First time I've seen a title match based around the champion trying to maintain his Volcel Oath.

MOTYC - Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Masaaki Mochizuki vs. YAMATO
The biggest issue with YAMATO's reign has been that while the title matches themselves have been fantastic, outside of the match where he won it, the booking has been lackluster. Either the match is just happening because one needs to happen and the crowd isn't really invested in it (Hulk, T-Hawk) or the momentum was entirely on his opponents side and his win undercut things (Doi, Kong, Tozawa, Doi). Here they managed to avoid that by having the guy with all the momentum win. Plus the match was pretty tremendous, as it had to be to win the crowd back after the end of the Jimmyz. About as technical a match as you'll see in Dragon Gate, created a lot of suspense and played to both men's strengths and led to a great sense of earned victory for Mochizuki while keeping YAMATO strong.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
HM: Will Ospreay vs. Adam Brooks (MCW 8/05)
HM: Will Ospreay vs. Robbie Eagles (PWA 8/07)

Ospreay is a madman.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Soberano Jr vs Cavernario 10/2 CMLL Arena Puebla

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Soberano Jr vs Cavernario 10/2 CMLL Arena Puebla

2nd

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005