Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Group F Ro24 I was really impressed by Sharp, he just played some incredibly solid games and didn't seemed to be bothered by anything that his opponents tried to do. I felt like his decision making and control were both really good. Jaedong also is really good again, but I felt like his scourge control and expansion timings still left a bit to be desired

E: Also I thought mini played solidly and HiyA was disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007

Elyv posted:

Group F Ro24 I was really impressed by Sharp, he just played some incredibly solid games and didn't seemed to be bothered by anything that his opponents tried to do. I felt like his decision making and control were both really good. Jaedong also is really good again, but I felt like his scourge control and expansion timings still left a bit to be desired

E: Also I thought mini played solidly and HiyA was disappointing.

HiyA was disappointing but after all those TvP games in the round of 24 where the terran got 2-3 bases and massed up on their side of the map to doom walk over to the protoss base I thoroughly enjoyed watching mini bust him and Jaedong pick him apart with muta harass. I like seeing terran lose in Broodwar because tank/vulture seems like such an uphill battle for toss. I wish Jaedong had won the winners match but he lost so many drones to stray vultures, those packs of hydras to mines and that entire muta ball to irradiate; Jaedong didn't really deserve it after that.

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
I hope that at some point Blizzard will implement color selection for players in Brood War. It's hard to follow brown and orange on the minimap!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Cheech Marinade posted:

I hope that at some point Blizzard will implement color selection for players in Brood War. It's hard to follow brown and orange on the minimap!

:agreed:

They should add a red v blue team colours option like Warcraft 3 and AOE2 have.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Super Duper Disagree, having a variety of colors is part of what makes Brood War so much more visually interesting. Everything being Red and Blue is boring as gently caress

EDIT:

Elephunk posted:

I definitely have lost at least one game to brown units moving past my scouting ling without me seeing

Shift-Tab homie, it's what all the pros do

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 21, 2017

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I definitely have lost at least one game to brown units moving past my scouting ling without me seeing

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
Can't the obs shift tab and change it to yellow and red? Or would they have to be allied with a player to do that?

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

It feels like that was the first real muta micro in this whole ASL so far. Those plagued vessels O_O

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fanatic posted:

:agreed:

They should add a red v blue team colours option like Warcraft 3 and AOE2 have.

brood war already has this. there's a setting where one side is green and one is red.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Go jaedong fighting~

His Ro. 16 group looks tough though....BISU!!

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
a part of me is really excited for the stupid degenerate coinflip of a night group b is going to give us

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

OatmealRaisin posted:

a part of me is really excited for the stupid degenerate coinflip of a night group b is going to give us

Yeah, and group D looks nuts: https://i.redd.it/kcflt4zr91nz.png

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

OatmealRaisin posted:

Tastosis is gonna be great that's for sure

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Shine is gonna beat Conor mcgregor and 2-0 his group

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Outside of B being fairly lmao on the face of it, I gotta say that man those are some pretty solid groups across the board. Outside of one or two people I can see almost anyone moving on

Gonna be a Good Ro16 I think! Tell yo friends!

dogmother1776 posted:

Shine is gonna beat Conor mcgregor and 2-0 his group
Trump_Saying_"Wrong".gif

This is the year Larva unlocks his true potential. The power of goon will carry him far

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 22, 2017

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007

OatmealRaisin posted:

Well at least you can be certain 2 zerg will move on to the next round.

Group A I would say Flash & Mong or Sharp get out. I'm not familiar with how good sharp is at TvT and betting against Flash just seems like a bad proposition.

Group B is a craps shoot but I can say it'll probably wrap up in less than an hour. :zerg:

Group C I would go with Bisu and sSak. Mind's last TvT in the round of 24 was super sloppy with the way he threw away that lead and turned it into an insanely long match. Shuttle might be able to pull this out though. He showed he could beat terrans when he rolled over firebathero.

Group D I gotta back the Dong. The rest seem even enough.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

God drat Group B just gonna be muta/ling for like 4 solid loving hours

Zombies magazine fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 22, 2017

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Would it be unfair to say that Jaedong really needs to work on his macro? He keeps making these fierce tactical plays with brilliant micro and an 80 supply deficit, doing next-level backflip kung-fu while his opponent just goes, "uh, okay" and rolls over him with the next couple waves of sheer numbers.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zillions magazine posted:

God drat Group B just gonna be muta/link for like 4 solid loving hours

lol at the idea of 5 zvzs lasting 4 hours, even with commercial breaks

Zorodius posted:

Would it be unfair to say that Jaedong really needs to work on his macro? He keeps making these fierce tactical plays with brilliant micro and an 80 supply deficit, doing next-level backflip kung-fu while his opponent just goes, "uh, okay" and rolls over him with the next couple waves of sheer numbers.

Kind of? I haven't been watching streams at all so maybe he's different there, but I was really impressed with his early/midgame play, but thought his lategame expansion timings, scourge control, and to a lesser extent defiler control were underwhelming. The point is I dont' think it's his macro that's bad, it's that he just doesn't have enough money coming in.

(also Sharp was the best player in that group that day and totally deserved to go out first)

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Zorodius posted:

maybe but I know what you mean. In last week's matches sharp just barely held the hydra bust and JD needed to win with that otherwise the game is very hard, as we saw. Watching the mini map in that game JD's movement was actually insane he was just so far behind after the failed attack.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Why did flash button and zip up his pants after his second game

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Why would he keep his pants open after he's done?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

a cow posted:

Why did flash button and zip up his pants after his second game

Where is flash playing? I don't see anything new on youtube

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Elephunk posted:

Where is flash playing? I don't see anything new on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRjC2ruGi1Y

Pretty fun games today, considering there was only one zerg. Also I just have to say, over here in Norway the afreeca livestream is excellent.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
There was a brief mention of it after one of baxter's games, but what's the deal with sea not being in this tournament? They didn't really explain other than saying baxter replaced him.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

animatorZed posted:

There was a brief mention of it after one of baxter's games, but what's the deal with sea not being in this tournament? They didn't really explain other than saying baxter replaced him.

Didn't sea have some like ridiculous poo poo going on with his ex-wife and the custody of his kids during that last tournament? Maybe he just needed a break/is still dealing with that.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Didn't sea have some like ridiculous poo poo going on with his ex-wife and the custody of his kids during that last tournament? Maybe he just needed a break/is still dealing with that.

That was some other dude. Googling "sea asl banned" or something is pretty easy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Wasn't this Shine last season?

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Yeah it was shine, I saw the S name and blanked :shrug:

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
As I understand it, and I haven't dug that deep tbh, Sea touched a woman on stream and people said it was inappropriate so he was banned. He proclaims that it was staged or something, and I haven't cared to watch the video to see how bad it was. But there you go.

There was also someone on TL trying to stir up that he was match fixing for a mysterious hard-core rightwing mobster known only as "Mr. Mo" or something to that effect but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh didn't really hold together for me

Group A : Also kinda legit shocked that neither Mong nor Shine, who both looked like straight killers in there groups, didn't make it out. But Baxter really did play well. Maybe mutas are coming back into the meta?

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 25, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

WDIIA posted:

Group A : Also kinda legit shocked that neither Mong nor Shine, who both looked like straight killers in there groups, didn't make it out. But Baxter really did play well. Maybe mutas are coming back into the meta?

Same, I was shocked to see Shine and Mong get knocked out. Mutas are and always have been the best unit in the game; looks like it's time to make people remember that.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I really thought that Mong would make it out of the group, but Baxter played well.

WDIIA posted:

As I understand it, and I haven't dug that deep tbh, Sea touched a woman on stream and people said it was inappropriate so he was banned. He proclaims that it was staged or something, and I haven't cared to watch the video to see how bad it was. But there you go.

Looks like some gifs were posted: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/6ys9yu/seas_public_statement_regarding_his_asl_ban/dmqhmof/?st=j7zp32dm&sh=eb27d267. Not very appropriate behaviour but I was expecting worse (assuming it's not another dumb streamer roleplay).

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I like how the VOD for the 4-zerg group, including ads and interviews, is 1.5 hours long.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I thought those were some good zvzs. The last one were as close as you can get to a build order+position win, but the others were fair tactical stuff.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I actually like ZvZ quite a bit so yeah I enjoyed that group.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I seriously can't read The Other StarCraft Thread anymore. I would love to watch a first person video of the goon who can't use dragoons in the single player campaign because "the pathing AI is awful".

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yeah it's disgusting how he plays his sp game wrong

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I mean, you have to realize that SC1 and older games like that DID have lovely AI pathing and you had to baby units a little bit more in most of them, C&C series, AOE and a multitude of other games all had the same issues.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if he'd just sit down with a micro map and practice for a few hours he could clear protoss 7 with goons np

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Elephunk posted:

I seriously can't read The Other StarCraft Thread anymore. I would love to watch a first person video of the goon who can't use dragoons in the single player campaign because "the pathing AI is awful".
yeah it's really bad