Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
90s DC is my weakness. I also really liked Young Heroes in Love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DC To Receive LGBT Visionary Award For 'A Commitment to Showcasing Diverse Storylines'

This is neat.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I'm just now catching up with things and evil Batman Flash is dumb and I wonder how many times they're going to kill Wally West to vainly amp up drama. Kill him once, shame on me, kill him 4 times, shame on you, DC.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I'm just now catching up with things and evil Batman Flash is dumb and I wonder how many times they're going to kill Wally West to vainly amp up drama. Kill him once, shame on me, kill him 4 times, shame on you, DC.

I thought Bart was the Flash DC killed to make people care about an event.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

I thought Bart was the Flash DC killed to make people care about an event.

Originally it was Barry, they should go back to that.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Next time, kill Air Wave for the novelty. Plus they can say they're going to kill Hal Jordan and not be lying about it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Flash got off light. Six or seven or whatever Bruces are gonna have to die to make all the Batmans in these one-shots.

edit: Oh. THAT Wally. Forgot the life sapping stuff. They're not gonna kill off anyone in a side one-shot tie-in.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 23, 2017

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm preeetty sure Wally's not actually dead, or else Iris West is also dead and I guess Superman and Wonder Woman are both dead too.

I thought the issue was fine. Not particularly because of the writing, but because the whole concept of this dark multiverse and its characters is fun for me. Alternate timeline stuff isn't usually my thing, but I'm real into Lovecraftian demonic cancer universes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I liked it a lot and am really digging the whole event so far. It's completely ludicrous, but still manages to be fun. I'm a huge sucker for alternate timeline stuff in general though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I feel like things could have gone real wrong with Metal. I'm glad people are just having fun with this, and not taking it seriously. Never been a Snyder fan, but I'm won over.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Flash got off light. Six or seven or whatever Bruces are gonna have to die to make all the Batmans in these one-shots.

edit: Oh. THAT Wally. Forgot the life sapping stuff. They're not gonna kill off anyone in a side one-shot tie-in.

BrianWilly posted:

I'm preeetty sure Wally's not actually dead, or else Iris West is also dead and I guess Superman and Wonder Woman are both dead too.

I thought the issue was fine. Not particularly because of the writing, but because the whole concept of this dark multiverse and its characters is fun for me. Alternate timeline stuff isn't usually my thing, but I'm real into Lovecraftian demonic cancer universes.

Sorry, I see how that was confusing (and why it's so dumb that they persist on having Kid Flash still be named Wally). I'm talking about Titans. The real Wally's died three times in it already.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Preview of WW#31, first look at "Jason."

He pretty much just looks like...well. You'll see.

Great art, in any case.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Too bad about the Hitch covers. They should've promoted Jenny Frison from variants to main.

I thought there was a lot to like about Robinson's last Scarlet Witch gig, so I'm looking forward to it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lightning Lord posted:

Next time, kill Air Wave for the novelty. Plus they can say they're going to kill Hal Jordan and not be lying about it.

He was killed in Infinite Crisis. :flashfact:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

words no one has ever used before, ever

Enter :Deathwing!
Exit: The Readers!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Preview of WW#31, first look at "Jason."

He pretty much just looks like...well. You'll see.

Great art, in any case.

Looks like who? I don't see what I'm supposed to be seeing here besides "buff bearded man".

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Sometimes that's all you need!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I would be perfectly okay if Jason turns out to be the second coming of Superbro.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I would be perfectly okay if Jason turns out to be the second coming of Superbro.

For a second I forgot what was being talked about and thought this was referring to Jason Todd and I was so confused.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It would be hilarious if you now got into Wonder Woman just cause there was another character named Jason.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Comixology has the whole No Man's Land thing for $24. Is NML good? $24 good?

Someone please talk sense into my low, low impulse control.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

It would be hilarious if you now got into Wonder Woman just cause there was another character named Jason.

As amusing as it would be, is unlikely. The only time I actually enjoyed WW was during Azzarello's run.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Mr Hootington posted:

He was killed in Infinite Crisis. :flashfact:

I'm aware, and he came back as a spooky superhero wight in Blackest Night. I just wanted to make a bad "lol his name is Hal Jordan!" joke.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zachack posted:

Comixology has the whole No Man's Land thing for $24. Is NML good? $24 good?

Someone please talk sense into my low, low impulse control.
It's enjoyable in the way it's kind of a "Batman must relearn how to be Batman" story. They even address the obvious JL/Superman can fix everything in a weekend problem with the premise, and the solution asspull is kind of satisfying.

Honestly it's probably the best post-Knightfall storyline. It's not till Hush came out that anything was nearly as readable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NML is total bullshit. Metropolis got destroyed by missiles and poo poo and like 6 months later Superman calls the JL and Zatanna and they magic the city back together exactly like it used to be.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rhyno posted:

NML is total bullshit. Metropolis got destroyed by missiles and poo poo
Wait what?

I just remember it being important to members of the Bat Family not NML Prelude: Nuke Metropolis

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

Wait what?

I just remember it being important to members of the Bat Family not NML Prelude: Nuke Metropolis

In Action #700 Metropolis gets destroyed by missiles or something, I forget what. Then later they magic the city back because of course Superman has x-rayed every square inch of the city and Perry White loves the city or something and there you go, the city is back.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Batman feels emasculated when the JLA solves his problems and no one wants to make him feel bad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The government forbid the JLA from getting involved with the NMA if memory serves

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

No Man's Land is really fuckin good and that's a good price for it

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
NML had so many great sub stories going and it is really enjoyable book. I really liked the fact that it was batman family centered and divorced from the rest of the DC universe. Think of it as a Batman story, not a DC story and you will be fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

NML had so many great sub stories going and it is really enjoyable book. I really liked the fact that it was batman family centered and divorced from the rest of the DC universe. Think of it as a Batman story, not a DC story and you will be fine.

It did feel a little too long by the end but yeah, one of the better Batman long run sagas.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhyno posted:

In Action #700 Metropolis gets destroyed by missiles or something, I forget what. Then later they magic the city back because of course Superman has x-rayed every square inch of the city and Perry White loves the city or something and there you go, the city is back.

Look Metropolis is a sound investment to get back running.

Gotham? Less so.

My favourite thing about The Question from the 90's is the city went through everything that Gotham did. And they wanted to cut Hub City off from the US too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Question IRL posted:

Look Metropolis is a sound investment to get back running.

Gotham? Less so.

My favourite thing about The Question from the 90's is the city went through everything that Gotham did. And they wanted to cut Hub City off from the US too.

I figured it was something to do with Zatanna and Batman being an item once and she still felt scorned.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I figured it was something to do with Zatanna and Batman being an item once and she still felt scorned.

"Hey, uh, could you help with my ci..." "Flesruoy kcuf og." "Noted."

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
I bought DC Rebirth today as well as Superman Reborn and Trinity Vol 1. I'm a little lost. What happened to make Rebirth? Like, I get Wally West came back and reminded people he existed, but what then? What do I have to read? Where did Superdad come from? I thought DC Rebirth was the comic you read to learn all this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zoro posted:

I bought DC Rebirth today as well as Superman Reborn and Trinity Vol 1. I'm a little lost. What happened to make Rebirth? Like, I get Wally West came back and reminded people he existed, but what then? What do I have to read? Where did Superdad come from? I thought DC Rebirth was the comic you read to learn all this.

They were halfway assuming people were reading the main DC books. For Superdad you need this
https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Loi...s+and+clark+tpb

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Rhyno posted:

They were halfway assuming people were reading the main DC books. For Superdad you need this
https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Loi...s+and+clark+tpb

Alright, makes sense. Wonder if my suspicion that Superdad is what main timeline Superman would be if they didn't lose those 10 years is true.

Also, I guess they found a way to have their cake and eat it too with New 52 Superman and Lois Lane: now, they are merged with Superdad and Mom Lane into one, complete being. So, guess that just works out for everyone. Also, lol at Superboy making fun of the collar on Superman's New 52 suit.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
A really stupid question popped into my head and now I can't get it out. Does catnip affect Tamaraneans? I don't know why this dumb loving question is nagging at me, but I must know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Don't worry about spoiling that Superman thing. It happened months and months ago.

edit: Spoilers are generally for early/leaked news to be considerate of people who want to save it for the comic, and dropped maybe a day after the issue is out.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 26, 2017