Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Begemot posted:

It went monthly waaaaaaaay before Farmland Saga. Like it was only in a weekly shonen magazine for 6 months before switching over to a monthly seinen.

Ah, I can never recall. Honestly, I really enjoyed it but a few friends dropped it for a while around then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

i flunked out posted:

Whats the deal with Historie? when was the last time it updated? Has it been abandoned?

hey there's your update by the way

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow, first chapter of Kingdom I've enjoyed in a lil while. Maybe it's because I'm basically rooting entirely against Shin and Qin these days. They just feel so...boring...
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kingdom/Chapter-530?id=383228
dooooooooooope. too bad it's just some Random Ousen Mook General. someone on Qin needs to die that actually matters (narratively speaking).

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I have some bad news for you about how the Warring States period ended up for the Qin.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

I have some bad news for you about how the Warring States period ended up for the Qin.
Yeah, I know, but the author had no problem inserting a DBZ character, so I'm hoping for way more bumps on the road and drama for the inevitable Qin Win.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Fair. Shin himself won't die unless he goes full alt history, though, dude's destined to become the great-great-grandfather of another important historic figure. History doesn't record his death as notable in any fashion. Some other Qin generals may well end up dead, tho.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I don't like Riboku but I want Kisui to escape alive from this

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I wanna see some more huge dudes brutally loving each other up :black101:

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
New (a few months old) Otoyomegatari

seems like kind of a hosed up name for the bird you stole but maybe it sounds better in turkish

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I would pay good money to see a whole manga about nature drawn by her.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
It's not by her, but try Gon.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Vinland Saga - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Vinland-Saga/Chapter-143?id=384875

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
That was seriously the funniest drat issue, bloodshed and all!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
every single thing about those five pages focusing on the brothers is the absolute best

christ, vinland saga has become a black comedy, and I couldn't be happier

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 25, 2017

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it is pretty great that the since thorfinn had his epiphany these mass battle scenes have gone from tense and dramatic with occasional slapstick to senseless and brutal, some kind of horrifying farce

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

War is bloody stupid after all

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Actually spilling the blood of your enemy is one of the highest ways to praise the gods.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You ain't Huitzilpochtli to say that

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
UWABAAAGAAAAAH!!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sigurd is such a nice lad. I hope he fares well.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

In case you missed it, latest chapter: http://readms.net/r/vinland_saga/144/4655/1

(Almost) the entire gang is back together!

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Looks like Lief is on his way out though. :(

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I really miss the weekly format. Bring on the next chapter already!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CrashScreen posted:

I really miss the weekly format. Bring on the next chapter already!

It was weekly for less than a year.

Also I'm pretty sure Leif has historical immunity, he'll be fiiiiiiiiine.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We don't know what happened to Leif Erikson at the end of his life. His last mention in the historical record is in 1019, and we know that his son, Thorkell, was chief of Eiriksfjord by 1025. No mention of his death appears in any saga, and it is believed he died in Greenland at some point between 1019 and 1025.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Historie/Ch-100?id=380164

New Historie. I gotta admit the pace of release is killing me given who the story is now focusing on.
Spoiler/History Talk: So I assume that were going to get a combo story of Pausanius the Pretender and Pausanius of Orestis

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 25, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else read Thorkell's lines in Hafthor's voice?

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
A new chapter of A Bride's Story
Li'l Amir's pigtails :3:
I don't know how many times it can be said, but yet again the artwork and detail in this series bowled me over. I was looking at their hats and coats in particular this time, and realized how perfect the fur looks. Karluk's outfit looks to be mostly fox, the ruff on Amir's hat could be hare or possibly stoat, and her coat liner is almost surely wolf. Cuffs and hem are a little less distinctive but probably fox again.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah, I know, but the author had no problem inserting a DBZ character, so I'm hoping for way more bumps on the road and drama for the inevitable Qin Win.

There's a lot of poo poo that is going to happen even if the author follows history very closely (which they don't), just don't go looking for wiki pages if you don't want to see it though.

I follow kingdom mostly for the dumb gimmick generals. Right now I like the guy with the very hard knuckles that unexpectedly punches people with GREAT GENERAL strength.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dilettante. posted:

Looks like Lief is on his way out though. :(

They're not making it to Vinland without him

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
New Vinland Saga is out. Waxing philosophical about death.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
If thou canst break in, thou canst break out!

God loving dammit Mangastream

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I just started Kingdom: it's really good! You know things will end, but it's very dramatic the whole way through, and the MC's enemies are no slouches: absolutely everybody is an incredible badass.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
One contrast I want to make is with golden age Berserk: there was a long running joke where Guts would meet some big dude bragging how much of a badass he is, and 9 times out of 10 Guts would brush him aside in a single swing of his old 2-hander.

Kingdom, Shin has to bleed and sweat for every single victory over a name character. And he loses, constantly.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Phobophilia posted:

One contrast I want to make is with golden age Berserk: there was a long running joke where Guts would meet some big dude bragging how much of a badass he is, and 9 times out of 10 Guts would brush him aside in a single swing of his old 2-hander.

Kingdom, Shin has to bleed and sweat for every single victory over a name character. And he loses, constantly.

It's a good series. Your in for a fun ride catching up.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
When I mean I started I started following it in the same way I follow Vinland, Kamui, etc.

I know a few vague outlines of the Qin unification, meaning I have no idea how battles will turn out. Like the battles that are obvious existential crises for the Qin court, the Qin will win (the question is by how). The others, had me on the edge of my seat.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kingdom owns and is one of those things I always look forward to every week.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

When I mean I started I started following it in the same way I follow Vinland, Kamui, etc.

I know a few vague outlines of the Qin unification, meaning I have no idea how battles will turn out. Like the battles that are obvious existential crises for the Qin court, the Qin will win (the question is by how). The others, had me on the edge of my seat.

As I understand it the actual historical record is extremely vague at best.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

^I loved the bit in Kingdom that was finishing some 30 or 40 chapters of horrific battle and it said "The Shiji records only have one sentence about this battle."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Billzasilver posted:

^I loved the bit in Kingdom that was finishing some 30 or 40 chapters of horrific battle and it said "The Shiji records only have one sentence about this battle."

There's a great part where the historical record SAYS that a major character in the manga dies, but they argue it can be interpreted in a way that means he just left town for a while.