Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

check out my Youtube posted:

i can't begin to understand why people think they're supposed to do tornado kick each and every time they hit greased lightning 3. you don't exactly have to break out the calculator to tell if a single 330 potency attack is worth something like 20 seconds of much slower and weaker attacks.

Maybe they just want to be Chuck Norris?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

So when One Ilm Punch says that the stun isn't affected by stun nullifying effects, does that just mean stun immunity, or can you stun Diabolos/Kuribu even when their stun shield is up?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

porfiria posted:

Just getting into this (just finished the ARR Main Scenario). Does it make much difference which Goon Group I join? I'm somewhat interested in Savage raiding--are any of them more in that direction than others?

To answer this: no, not really. The older the FC the more established it is, and higher proportion of "hardcore" players but all 3 have a range of players at all skill levels.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hi, having just discovered /gpose, I'm going to post my glamours

Bonus:
I formed a map squad, and went to meet them at the first location. Imagine my horror:

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Jay Rust posted:

Bonus:
I formed a map squad, and went to meet them at the first location. Imagine my horror:

The most early 2000's of rock album covers

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Bonus:

The correct response here is to just leave the party and teleport as far away as possible.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Bonus:

children of the corn potato

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
I'm thinking about transferring to Excalibur pretty soon, and while I'm doing it, I wouldn't mind a name change. If I make a character on Excalibur with my current character's name, and then transfer my original character to Excalibur, will I be able to change their name?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

4.x speculation

I figure that whoever Elidibus has bodyjacked isn't anyone we've been introduced to. Instead it's a rival claimant to the throne that Varus thought he got rid of. Elidibus wants the Empire's cooperation to do something, but Varus is all "nah, I've seen how that ends". Elidibus takes off his mask to show something that clearly upsets Varus. If the face was either Gaius or Regulas than it makes no sense for Elidibus to show that if he was trying to get Varus' cooperation, but it's more plausible if the reveal was him silently saying "get on the Ascian Express or I'm going to set off a Civil War in Garlemand."

EDIT:An idea I had for what the theme for Omega 5-8 ought to be was Chrono Trigger. Make it based in-game as a pop novel from early-mid Allagan history that Omega reads and gets attached to because of the parallels between it and Lavos.
O5: the AI Core
O6: the cyber T-rex
O7: Magus, who's an actual historical figure that was added to the story
O8: Lavos & Lavos Core

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 25, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

vOv posted:

So when One Ilm Punch says that the stun isn't affected by stun nullifying effects, does that just mean stun immunity, or can you stun Diabolos/Kuribu even when their stun shield is up?

It ignores stun resistance from being stunned multiple times, but still can't affect enemies that are completely immune to stuns.

This gives it a unique niche, but it still has problems that make it difficult to use (stun applied at the end of a relatively long animation, can only be used in the middle of a combo and you already have Twin Snakes/True Strike queued up don't you).

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

SirPhoebos posted:

4.x speculation

EDIT:An idea I had for what the theme for Omega 5-8 ought to be was Chrono Trigger. Make it based in-game as a pop novel from early-mid Allagan history that Omega reads and gets attached to because of the parallels between it and Lavos.

I didn't know I needed this so badly. Yoship pls.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The wonderful thing about Omega is that 7 of the next 8 bosses can be just about anything. The rules in place and the precedent introduced in Deltascape are such that Omega could bring in just about any character SE owns to be a boss to fight.

My random goofy guess for the inevitable Omegascape raid is that O9-12 will all be different versions of Omega. Imagine a raid where the bosses are Warmech, Omega Weapon, Omega MK12, and then actual Omega.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

To answer this: no, not really. The older the FC the more established it is, and higher proportion of "hardcore" players but all 3 have a range of players at all skill levels.

TPT had too many chat rules for my tastes, DGKK has no filter at all that I can tell. I like pbc as a nice middle ground.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 25, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Elaborate on these chat rules

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, I can't wait to see what they have planned for the next sets of Omega. And now that the precedent for "bonus bosses" is set thanks to Savage, we can only imagine what they have planned next. Imagine if they did FF4's Elemental Archfiends, with a 4-on-1 tag-team battle for Savage 4 like in the original game. Or if they pulled in the story bosses and/or superbosses from FFXI to get all nice and meta on us.

SirPhoebos posted:

...Actually yeah I just want this.

I also secretly hope Omega is more like the space cloud from Futurama who was a huge Star Trek fan.

Curiosity
Sep 12, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Bonus:

I know you aren't complaining about the Pepp Squad forming a map squad for you Zeus. You wouldn't do that, would you Zeus? We're your friends Zeus. You're practically one of us, Zeus. One of us.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Elaborate on these chat rules

i got put in time out for saying estinien was in 4.0 content because it could be a spoiler for people still doing heavensward stuff, apparently

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder how people would react to TWEWY Deltascape bosses.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i got put in time out for saying estinien was in 4.0 content because it could be a spoiler for people still doing heavensward stuff, apparently

Oh, that's absolutely pathetic.

Like anyone even remembers or cares about Estinien.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Oh, that's absolutely pathetic.

Like anyone even remembers or cares about Estinien.

Thought his theory of relativity was decent.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I doubt this would ever happen, but if it did I would lose my goddamned mind.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'll send SE my next paycheck. gently caress it, maybe my next two.

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah, I can't wait to see what they have planned for the next sets of Omega. And now that the precedent for "bonus bosses" is set thanks to Savage, we can only imagine what they have planned next. Imagine if they did FF4's Elemental Archfiends, with a 4-on-1 tag-team battle for Savage 4 like in the original game. Or if they pulled in the story bosses and/or superbosses from FFXI to get all nice and meta on us.

I think Koji Fox would be elated to get to write flavor text for Absolute Virtue in FFXIV.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

I doubt this would ever happen, but if it did I would lose my goddamned mind.

Maybe it's a Kugane fairy tale or something.

SonicRulez posted:

I'll send SE my next paycheck. gently caress it, maybe my next two.

Same.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I got in trouble for asking for help with some crafting leves. Apparently I wasn’t respecting the crafting content.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I got in trouble for asking for help with some crafting leves. Apparently I wasn’t respecting the crafting content.

?? Did you accidentally use the n word while asking? That's a silly thing to get in trouble for

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The TPT chat rules are no spoilers, no politics, and no gross comments.

Like, keep Trump poo poo out of chat, don't talk about how much you want to gently caress your character or another character, and let people enjoy the story.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Just started playing (trial, non-steam). Am i wrong or will buying it on steam force me to use a new account without my current character?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You are correct.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Arist posted:

You are correct.

:mad:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Leofish posted:

The TPT chat rules are no spoilers, no politics, and no gross comments.

two of these are fine but 'no spoilers' can involve a surprising amount of editorial discretion

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I got a talking to for saying 'the kid in this quest sure is creepy'. A truly massive spoiler.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
pbc rules are don't be offensive (racism, homophobia, etc), no current patch spoilers (this gets pretty lax, leaning toward not enforced, as the patch goes on) and everything else is fair game as long as people aren't screaming at each other. usually people are pretty good at self policing and being chill so I've only ever had to put people in the naughty rank like twice

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I want to fight MATHMAN

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
[quote="“Ainsley McTree”" post="“476748984”"]
?? Did you accidentally use the n word while asking? That’s a silly thing to get in trouble for
[/quote]

Nope asked if someone minded cranking out like 6 hq items to jump me over a hump in wvr where things tend to get expensive I was providing the mats of course. The FC leader and someone else were like “Never do that again” to the confusion of myself and the goon that offered to help.

I just shrugged and left. Also thanks goon who helped, I’m now a 70 wvr and just cranked out a levekit for another goon, that probably upsets the hell out of somebody for some really dumb reason.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thats what you get for spoiling the fact you make a silk thong for Y'shtola in the weaver questline.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
brb leveling wvr

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I got a talking to for saying

Spoiler tag this. :argh:

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Omnicrom posted:

Omega could bring in just about any character SE owns to be a boss to fight.

calling it now, one patch is Life is Strange

Max's time powers are stronger than ours and we can only defeat her by finding a way to save Chloe AND Arcadia Bay

turns out what Samuel was hiding is that he's a JRPG boss who can turn into a giant squirrel

one fight is a photoshoot, you can only pass if your group's glamours are sufficiently coordinated

the secret boss is Warren's sense of entitlement, his Ultimate is 'go ape'

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 26, 2017

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

KoB posted:

I want to fight MATHMAN

In FFXIV he would be a super-high-level arcanist, considering they're all about geometric magic. The summoning animation where you're writing in a book? He's scribbling down calculus equations and casting Level i Flare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

serious norman posted:

Just started playing (trial, non-steam). Am i wrong or will buying it on steam force me to use a new account without my current character?

Yeah, the usual advice is to not touch the Steam version of FF XIV unless you have a very specific reason to go that route. You can always launch a regular copy of the game through Steam's non-Steam game support if you want the Steam overlay for some reason.

Jay Rust posted:

Bonus:

:yeah: That WHM (?) glamour is cool, but what is it about MCH that makes people wear half of the clothing they normally would?

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 25, 2017