Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

the unveiling video has been posted and it's pretty Omni Consumer Products:

https://www.facebook.com/knightscope/videos/722661797944095/

edit:

Crusader fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Moist von Lipwig posted:

hahahaah i wanna hear this

the takishi kovacs novels have this and it is hilarious, a husky sounding southern gal voice is the most amazing thing and the terrible sex scenes are better for it because they are embarrassingly bad but with a laugh theyre wonderful

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

schranz kafka posted:

when i did the audiobook of Hyperion, they had several narrators to do each of the substories and there was one where the character encounters another major character, who is a woman he becomes involved with sexually, and the narrator did both of their voices except he did her voice in a bad falsetto, and then did both of their voices when they were doing sex and it was one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard

the sex in Hyperion was epically bad to begin with, this made it hilarious cringey fun when my wife & I listened

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZXlj8RlLkJ/

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm probably not going to see this new blade runner

ffs hollywood I know you love this MCU money factory but just get some new ideas instead of trying to make sequels for any successful property

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

My flatmate is teaching Blade Runner as part of her dystopian lit & film course. I'm so torn between excitement for more Blade Runner and instinctive hatred of films-as-money-cows corp-rat culture.

Also, can anyone tell if Jared Leto is supposed to be a replicant or if that's just him being Jared Leto? Cause I sure can't.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
glowing eyes were a replicant thing so probably

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/0XDEDBEEF/status/912026226658652160

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

without knowing what the classifiers say it's pretty meaningless. could be, "man, back turned, black hair"

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Black Hawk vs. RC Fidget Spinner: 0 -1

https://nypost.com/2017/09/22/army-helicopter-hit-by-drone/

quote:

It was nearly Black Hawk down over Staten Island — when an Army chopper was struck by an illegally flying drone over a residential neighborhood, authorities said Friday.

The UA60 helicopter was flying 500 feet over Midland Beach alongside another Black Hawk, when the drone struck the chopper at around 8:15 p.m. Thursday, causing damage to its rotor blades.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Boiled Water posted:

without knowing what the classifiers say it's pretty meaningless. could be, "man, back turned, black hair"

the bottom left at the start of the clip misidentifies the two overlapping people as a northbound motor vehicle, with adult passengers

it looks like the other text on the other pedestrians more or less accurately describes male/female, short or long hair, and direction of movement, but the clip is too blurry for me to make out much else

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

probably some dude in his 40s being angry they're flying helicopters basically on top of his house again and again

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol drones are going to end up requiring full licensure, registration, flight planning etc

all things never really needed by RC Beckstrom people with those were plane spergs while drones have turned into smartphone idiots that want to fly cameras to stupid places

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
oh, didn't notice that the gal was riding a scooter the first time i watched it, so i guess 北极光 is doing an okay job

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that chinese surveillance thing is terrifying and neat but im almost more impressed the labels have proper perspective

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

lancemantis posted:

I'm probably not going to see this new blade runner

ffs hollywood I know you love this MCU money factory but just get some new ideas instead of trying to make sequels for any successful property

did you pay to watch arrival? valerian? life? colossal?

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

There's a TFR dropped over pretty much the entirety of NYC because the UN is in town.

The guy flying legally should have known but lol @ expecting dads to grasp such concepts as 'the FAA dictates where you can't fly'
DJI should have downloaded it into its no-fly list and blocked that (lol @ outsourcing airspace issues to China)

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
the internet obelisks are being used for drugs in my neighborhood

people are just using them to charge their phone instead of hanging out in the McDonalds 3 blocks down

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cocoa Crispies posted:

did you pay to watch arrival? valerian? life? colossal?

yes no no no

He probably should have said "good new ideas."

Life wasn't a new idea or good.

Colossal was a brilliant idea with miserable execution.

Valerian was never going to be any good, and I'd rather see a sequel to Blade Runner than an Avatar-ish 100% green screen spectacle with acting so bad it makes you wonder whether the humans are computer-rendered too.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shaggar posted:

I like bautista

bautista = good
Leto = soo bad

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/arr/status/446157883231592448

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Agile Vector posted:

that chinese surveillance thing is terrifying and neat but im almost more impressed the labels have proper perspective

i think it's just the effect of a monitor being recorded with a phone

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/725vkn/ontario_a_friend_of_mine_is_studying/

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lol.

of course he's at u of t

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

a misanthrope studying technology and making derivative sci-fi threats? :wow:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/CllrPBuckwell/status/905862413043605504

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

I feel like I already saw something like this

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jimmy Carter posted:

the internet obelisks are being used for drugs in my neighborhood

people are just using them to charge their phone instead of hanging out in the McDonalds 3 blocks down

https://twitter.com/ewfeez/status/909484420511309824

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

soon i shall become like bird of prey smashing oysters open on the rocks below

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
dont watch luc besson movies he is a pedophile

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
well he is french

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

George posted:

dont watch luc besson movies he is a pedophile

holy gently caress

quote:

Besson has been married four times; first, in 1986, to actress Anne Parillaud who starred in Besson's Nikita (1990).[citation needed] Besson and Parillaud had a daughter, Juliette, born in 1987. The couple divorced in 1991.

Besson's second wife was actress Maïwenn Le Besco, who was 15 when they began dating in 1991.[17] They were married in late 1992 when Le Besco was pregnant with their daughter Shanna, who was born on 3 January 1993.[18] Le Besco later claimed that their relationship inspired Besson's film Léon (1994), where the plot involved the emotional relationship between an adult man and a 12-year-old girl.[17] Their marriage ended in 1997, when Besson became involved with actress Milla Jovovich during the filming of The Fifth Element (1997). He married the 22-year-old on 14 December 1997, at the age of 38, but they divorced in 1999.[19]

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

well he is french

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Boiled Water posted:

i think it’s just the effect of a monitor being recorded with a phone

aww drat, on rewatch yeah :sigh:

lancemantis posted:

I feel like I already saw something like this

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nah it was more something like a (food?) delivery robot and people screwing with it and the companies reaction to that

Maybe one of these?

https://www.marble.io/

http://dispatch.ai

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ugh AHo, literally a bad cyberpunk villain drawing of a man

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ruiner just landed on Steam, will be having a look when I get home this evening :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Ruiner just landed on Steam, will be having a look when I get home this evening :cool:

it was pretty cyberpunk when i played the demo at pax, I recommend

• Locked thread