Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

big boi posted:

Who the hell is going to shoot threes for the Cavs until IT gets back, if Wade is a starter? Love being the sole reliable guy behind the arc, combined with the Wade and James reunion tour, would kill this idea of bringing back Minnesota Love.

Edit: I am all for Wade murdering second units and JR starting for his shooting. That would own

I imagine Wade's role will be less about scoring and more about helping distribute the ball and trying to play defense. What's he going to average like 12-14 ppg? Can he still play defense? I didn't watch much Bulls last year. I'm thinking maybe on guards that aren't ultra quick if he isn't putting too much energy out on offense.

When the Cavs are finally healthy, Wade will be at best the 4th option on offense. Maybe even 6th after JR and Crowder.

big boi posted:

Who the hell is going to shoot threes for the Cavs until IT gets back, if Wade is a starter? Love being the sole reliable guy behind the arc, combined with the Wade and James reunion tour, would kill this idea of bringing back Minnesota Love.

Edit: I am all for Wade murdering second units and JR starting for his shooting. That would own

Kevin Love, Kyle Korver, Jae Crowder, JR Smith, LeBron James, Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye, Shump, and the ghost of Jose Calderon.

If Wade is starting it really does ruin any logical starting 5 they should roll out with. Maybe it would be a situation where he is subbed out quickly. You are right, out of the starters the 3 point shooting would be grim. I'd only want LeBron or Love taking 3s.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wade on the Spurs feels wrong
What would PFZ say

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
PFZ would probably tweet something like This Account Has Been Suspended Click Here To View Our Terms Of Service

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh yah I forgot he got radicalized like thousands of grandmas
drat you 4chan and trumpgrandma869

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wade going to OKC to be the scorer and playmaker of OKC's second unit would be spectacular.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Do we have evidence that PFZ was ever a real person and not a Russian bot though

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Henchman of Santa posted:

I deeply regret starting a MyGM mode before all these last minute moves

Thats why I wait til the season starts. The troy daniels move wouldve been enough to irritate me had I already started

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I am shocked to learn that PFZ is a Trump supporter

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I keep forgetting that Korver is on the Cavs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Wade on the Spurs feels wrong
What would PFZ say

Wade + Manu working the old man flop game side by side

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Wade + Manu working the old man flop game side by side

chris paul and james harden vs dwyane wade and manu, coming to you in the 2018 2nd round

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

G-Hawk posted:

chris paul and james harden vs dwyane wade and manu, coming to you in the 2018 2nd round

Chaos Flop

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I just want Wade to go to a West team to complete The Mass Exodus Of East All Stars. Bonus if it's OKC cause then literally every East star went to the Northwest divison

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Russ is going to get photographed tomorrow walking around wearing a custom shirt covered in banana boats with banana slippers

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
oklahoma city's failing infrastructure and doughy physique could not possibly handle a fourth alpha.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

I imagine Wade's role will be less about scoring and more about helping distribute the ball and trying to play defense. What's he going to average like 12-14 ppg? Can he still play defense? I didn't watch much Bulls last year. I'm thinking maybe on guards that aren't ultra quick if he isn't putting too much energy out on offense.

When the Cavs are finally healthy, Wade will be at best the 4th option on offense. Maybe even 6th after JR and Crowder.

Kevin Love, Kyle Korver, Jae Crowder, JR Smith, LeBron James, Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye, Shump, and the ghost of Jose Calderon.

If Wade is starting it really does ruin any logical starting 5 they should roll out with. Maybe it would be a situation where he is subbed out quickly. You are right, out of the starters the 3 point shooting would be grim. I'd only want LeBron or Love taking 3s.

My friend, there is no way Wade is taking a 25 million dollar paycut to play defense. Once the playoffs come, sure, until then, forget it.
He wants to be DWAYYYNY WADE.
He can't do that in Miami, he's the antithesis of everything they're doing. Can he do it in SAn Antoni, I think that Popovich would give him leeway and Parker is now a Ginobli rest schedule player, so there's time for another part time guard.
There's a big playmaking and scoring gap for the cavs since IT is hurt. It would be an 85% shot at another finals, which might be something he cares about.

Just by my guesses about his personality, his wants and desires, and assuming this list of three plus one is somwhat real, I would guess about 70/30 Cleveland over San

Like Melo, we need to recalibrate our expectacion, Wade on full minutes is a sometimes great mostly decent shot creator and maker. If you want star quality, you can only play him about 60% of the time

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 25, 2017

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Wade was the Big 3 Heat player I hated the most, but I wouldn't mind him on the Spurs at all. I can't see him going anywhere but Cleveland though.

Screw it, Spurs aren't making it past the 2nd round anyway. Dwyaynye Waydye, come on down!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Bulls are going to be awful.

The B_36 posted:

...I think [Wade] still has another season or two of being a potent weapon for a contender if he wants it.

EvanTH posted:

If it were a playoff game you'd still want Wade over most of the league's 2 guards. His regular season play is deceptive

I'm skeptical as Wade was mediocre in the 2014 finals and now it's four years later.

Spacebump posted:

Can he still play defense? I didn't watch much Bulls last year.

At times but there were games where he was gassed in the first quarter.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Trying to reach deep to think of any actual upside to signing Dwayne Wade for the 2018 season.

All I can think of is that if the Cavs sign him he might actually have the healthiest legs of any back court addition they have made this off-season.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Wade has been garbage recently, so has Melo. I do not think either of these players significantly improve your team unless they miraculously start playing defense. I don't even know what the gently caress the Spurs would do with Wade. He'd be the third SG on the roster.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Agreed Melo is not good and I look forward to the Likes of Kawhi da Truth and EmoLMA destroying the bloated and misguided dreams of Houston and OKC and then dying against the warriors

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I think Melo is still a useful player if he isn't/doesn't try to be the first option on offense. He shoots something like 40% on catch-and-shoot 3's. Wade's just washed up at this point and I look forward to him making the Cavs a 44 win team.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wait what happened with pfz

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

big boi posted:

LeBron James

EvanTH posted:

PFZ would probably tweet something like This Account Has Been Suspended Click Here To View Our Terms Of Service

lol

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

Wait what happened with pfz

Harrased black women on Twitter like a dipshit channer

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Did they tell him the Cleveland big 3 was better than Miami's?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How many alphas are in cleveland?

Also lol the bulls are not even going to win 10 games

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wade is still a decent enough shot creator on offense and he's still getting steals and rebounds. If Wade goes to Cleveland I think you'll see him play PG a lot with the 2nd unit. I really don't think they should start him though, the spacing seems problematic.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was camping all weekend with no service, so this is super late, but MELO IS GONE.

Thank god!

Also :lol: at the people saying it was a bad deal for the Knicks. Trading Melo for a bag of peanuts is a good deal. Good riddance.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

My friend, there is no way Wade is taking a 25 million dollar paycut to play defense. Once the playoffs come, sure, until then, forget it.

Small point but I think he only gave back 8 million to Chicago, so he still gets 15 million to not play for the Bulls this year. That sounds like quite a bargain.

To be honest, I guess I give the Bulls credit because that is a lower price tag on the buyout than I would have expected.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I really don't want wade in okc

EvanTH posted:

Lmao

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

He's the one who creates threes for the other guys. His own shooting behind the arc is fairly inconsistent.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

big boi posted:

Spacebump posted:

I think you guys are both drastically over-rating JR's shooting, and his overall ability to play basketball. Wade wasn't great in Chicago, but that's only compared to his previous 14yrs in the league when he was a top 10 player - he's still at worst an average player. JR Smith is fun and all, but he's never been very good, and last year he was pretty awful. 35% 3pt shooting from a supposed "shooter" shouldn't justify you starting over even an average player. The Cavs may be better off with Wade off the bench in limited minutes to kill 2nd units, but it's not because JR's shooting is so valuable that you need him starting. He'd be the default starter if they decide to go that route with Wade.

With a fully healthy team, the Cavs offense would run thru Lebron, IT, and then Wade. Love is better now than Wade, but his play style means he doesn't need the ball and can be the release valve for the other 3 guys. There's no way they run the offense thru JR Smith or Jae Crowder before Wade if he's on the court, that's craziness.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Last year JR was dealing with his daughter and missed a bunch of the season where I assume he wasn't staying game sharp. I''m willing to be last year was more of an aberration and he'll be more like his regular self. That's not a great player, but its still a good shooter and a better man-defender than Wade.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*in extreme optimistic voice*

https://twitter.com/AdamJosephSport/status/912312129570484226

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Assuming Melo opts in (and he'd probably be making a mistake if he didn't) I don't see any way they can actually keep George

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The B_36 posted:

I think you guys are both drastically over-rating JR's shooting, and his overall ability to play basketball. Wade wasn't great in Chicago, but that's only compared to his previous 14yrs in the league when he was a top 10 player - he's still at worst an average player. JR Smith is fun and all, but he's never been very good, and last year he was pretty awful. 35% 3pt shooting from a supposed "shooter" shouldn't justify you starting over even an average player. The Cavs may be better off with Wade off the bench in limited minutes to kill 2nd units, but it's not because JR's shooting is so valuable that you need him starting. He'd be the default starter if they decide to go that route with Wade.

With a fully healthy team, the Cavs offense would run thru Lebron, IT, and then Wade. Love is better now than Wade, but his play style means he doesn't need the ball and can be the release valve for the other 3 guys. There's no way they run the offense thru JR Smith or Jae Crowder before Wade if he's on the court, that's craziness.

We're gonna fight if you don't stop besmirching Earl motherfucker!!!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

Assuming Melo opts in (and he'd probably be making a mistake if he didn't) I don't see any way they can actually keep George

They have his bird rights

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

morestuff posted:

Uh it's quite simple...They can simply pay him?

They obtained his bird rights.

It's all a question of how well they do this year and if Presti can talk ownership into being a tax team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought OKC is already paying the tax this year?

• Locked thread