Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
No, it runs everything pretty well, 16GB RAM, GTX970. I'm trying to get into combat by dropping into the cities but no luck getting kills. Last two games I've got a few solid hits in on someone but they both ran away before I could kill them and when we met up again I was slowest on the draw and got killed without firing a shot. Just need to practice, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Samopsa posted:

Go drop in some medium zones like pochinki, gatka, shooting range, stabler, prison to get into some early combat to get out of your funk.
Also, stop looting after you get some basic gear and just go hunting fools. If you're on the offensive you can surprise quite a lot of players.

Players like me who wait for the circle to shrink and then jump out of a blood soaked house to find a player prone waiting for me for like 8 minutes.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Xenaero posted:

Players like me who wait for the circle to shrink and then jump out of a blood soaked house to find a player prone waiting for me for like 8 minutes.

This is what I aspire to be. The time I hid in an attic for 10 minutes and cut down someone who came looting is probably my favourite kill ever. It's like they're bringing the loot to you!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Walton Simons posted:

I have never sucked at anything as badly as I suck at PUBG. 11 games since I last got a kill :negative:

Drink a couple of beers, that always helps.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
First Chicken dinner!

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Walton Simons posted:

This is what I aspire to be. The time I hid in an attic for 10 minutes and cut down someone who came looting is probably my favourite kill ever. It's like they're bringing the loot to you!

my favorate kill was me sitting in a bathroom of a house, having closed all the doors and sitting facing the door. I had not touched anything (I didnt need any of the weapons or ammo) so the house looked perfectly virgin.

I hear him walking around, looting, charging his weapons, and he gets closer and closer, not knowing i am there. He opens the bathroom door and blam, right in the face with a shotgun. Must have scared the poo poo out of that guy.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was born naturally good at this game but now, through the use of 'pro' strats and running toward gunfire, I've improved from getting chicken dinners every 5-8 games to never getting chicken dinners but at least I have sick loot when I die outside the circle/having run straight into the enfilade spot between two different squads while my teammates shoot unsilenced shots at enemies without saying anything. :confuoot:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was born naturally good at this game but now, through the use of 'pro' strats and running toward gunfire, I've improved from getting chicken dinners every 5-8 games to never getting chicken dinners but at least I have sick loot when I die outside the circle/having run straight into the enfilade spot between two different squads while my teammates shoot unsilenced shots at enemies without saying anything. :confuoot:

I like how the game gets harder, while other people insist there is no mmr/elo.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Cimber posted:

my favorate kill was me sitting in a bathroom of a house, having closed all the doors and sitting facing the door. I had not touched anything (I didnt need any of the weapons or ammo) so the house looked perfectly virgin.

I hear him walking around, looting, charging his weapons, and he gets closer and closer, not knowing i am there. He opens the bathroom door and blam, right in the face with a shotgun. Must have scared the poo poo out of that guy.

drat, no bu-shi-do...

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

cosmicjim posted:

Also, the longer you hide, the better the first person you run into is going to be.

Generally, though the last guy I ended up with in a 1v1 couldn't hit a moving target at 40m any more than once per magazine.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Zomborgon posted:

Generally, though the last guy I ended up with in a 1v1 couldn't hit a moving target at 40m any more than once per magazine.

You went up against me?

I seriously can't lead people at all, I don't know why. Hopefully I just need more practice. Shooting range would be very nice.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I'm good at games like Battlefield/Quake but I can't shoot for loving poo poo in this game. Too much Realism(tm) for me to handle I guess.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Whenever I try to stream my game audio is delayed by like 25-30 seconds. My webcam and mic sync up fine, it's only the game audio that is delayed. I'm using OBS with nvenc on a 7700k & 1080. Any ideas what it could be? It also crashes every time I alt tab while I'm streaming =(

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

If you find that you can't hit poo poo here's some general tips:
  • lower your sensitivity. at the very least it should take you more than 6 inches to do a 180
  • anticipate your shots. any time you're in a firefight or expect to be in one mentally place your enemy on the other side of the wall or corner or whatever and aim where you expect them to be. don't aim at the floor. there aren't any enemies there.
  • if you're finding that you can't land shots at a distance you're probably overcompensating. if compensating vertically just aim at center of mass until you really get a feel for the bullet drop, then you can move to clicking heads. if compensating for a moving target try to start at or near center of mass then move further ahead until your shots land. for both vertical and horizontal compensation I found that I was way overcompensating for a long time before i figured this out.
  • you can single tap way faster than you think. at any distance over 50m try clicking single-fire faster than you're comfortable with. you'll become accustomed to the kick very quickly and find that you kill enemies way faster than before.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

fletcher posted:

Whenever I try to stream my game audio is delayed by like 25-30 seconds. My webcam and mic sync up fine, it's only the game audio that is delayed. I'm using OBS with nvenc on a 7700k & 1080. Any ideas what it could be? It also crashes every time I alt tab while I'm streaming =(

Try setting the OBS capture to a specific window, and select PUBG.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

fletcher posted:

As mentioned above try using specific window capture.

Also try running the game in borderless windowed and do an area capture.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Try setting the OBS capture to a specific window, and select PUBG.

I'm pretty sure that's how I've had it set up, like this right?

I'm also playing at 1440p and trying to stream at 1080p. Does my machine have enough horsepower for that?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

IceOrb posted:

As mentioned above try using specific window capture.

Also try running the game in borderless windowed and do an area capture.

For some reason I thought I had to do full screen in order to have G-Sync enabled (Asus PG279Q) but maybe that was only on my old BenQ...can't remember. I'll give it a shot though.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

fletcher posted:

For some reason I thought I had to do full screen in order to have G-Sync enabled (Asus PG279Q) but maybe that was only on my old BenQ...can't remember. I'll give it a shot though.

It's an option in gsync settings.

Also re: do you have enough power?

Probably fine. I have a very similar build just swap out the 1080 with a 1080ti and I don't have any problems doing 1440p in game and 1080p60 over stream.

Though for what it's worth a lot of folks still have trouble actually watching a 1080p stream if you are on twitch so you may wanna drop that stream stage down to 720p60 or 900p60.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

IceOrb posted:

It's an option in gsync settings.

Also re: do you have enough power?

Probably fine. I have a very similar build just swap out the 1080 with a 1080ti and I don't have any problems doing 1440p in game and 1080p60 over stream.

Though for what it's worth a lot of folks still have trouble actually watching a 1080p stream if you are on twitch so you may wanna drop that stream stage down to 720p60 or 900p60.

Ok cool thanks for the info! Nobody is gonna watch my stream anyways, it's just for the girlfriend and a few buddies :)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
loving finally! Unchecked this and now the game audio is perfectly in sync.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

What keybind is barrel roll by default?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
We had a PUBG LAN this weekend, highlight was my friend going 2v1 against these try hards. We found their vod the next day: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177105160?t=40m53s (They were good, my buddy is a beast!)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that entire clip could be titled 'what's wrong with third person'

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Pussy Quipped posted:

What keybind is barrel roll by default?

Q/E but that isn't rotate that is hitting a random rock

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that entire clip could be titled 'what's wrong with third person'

why?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I'll post my friends perspective once he uploads it, but he was prone in the grass on the left the whole time with a ghille (where you see his muzzle flash on that guys death cam perspective). The guy crouched at the tree was completely visible to him most of the time and he was pretty much just deciding which one of them to shoot first. That poo poo would never happen in FPP.

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You can barrell roll the Dacia with Q/E you just have to preload the suspension first

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Walton Simons posted:

No, it runs everything pretty well, 16GB RAM, GTX970. I'm trying to get into combat by dropping into the cities but no luck getting kills. Last two games I've got a few solid hits in on someone but they both ran away before I could kill them and when we met up again I was slowest on the draw and got killed without firing a shot. Just need to practice, really.

I have to say that PubG has to be one the lesser optimized games. I'm a able to run nearly every other title without issue even ARMA 3 but this game just occasionally chugs.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Rex-Goliath posted:

• you're probably overcompensating.
  • you can single tap way faster than you think.

These are definitely the two most important things that literally everyone does wrong. All my friends have done or do these things and I average around 50% of our kills in 4-man squad games.

E: Also, learning these two things go hand-in-hand with the Mini-14, which is firmly the best gun in the game, crate drop or otherwise

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Best thing I learned about combat in this is to stop shooting at people, if they don't see me/are moving away from me in a direction I do not want to go and I don't have a like perfect shot I'll let them live as opposed to before where I would shoot at the first pixel I see and get swarmed.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

lpzie told me to clip this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXsrabGGDys

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Those are some of the most satisfying kills, when you're shooting at somebody with AR iron sights, or relatively far away with a red dot and it's like *POP* down you go motherfucker!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

why?

because using the TPP camera to peek around things is babytown frolics

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Fateo McMurray posted:

because using the TPP camera to peek around things is babytown frolics

Also, letting a guy who is proned in the grass have full information of anything going on around him. A+++++++++++++++

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

WhatEvil posted:

Those are some of the most satisfying kills, when you're shooting at somebody with AR iron sights, or relatively far away with a red dot and it's like *POP* down you go motherfucker!
Does it actually happen though? I see videos of other people doing it but I assume they're manipulating the video, because I've taken plenty of shots at people from distance and nothing ever really comes of it.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 25, 2017

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You have to have opened at least 3 Gamescom crates to unlock that perk.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

How does one bind zeroing to ctrl+mwheel these days?

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010
Just go buy yourself 16GB of RAM. Just do it. Game doesn't run well on 8GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Does it actually happen though? I see videos of other people doing it but I assume they're manipulating the video, because I've taken plenty of shots at people from distance and nothing ever really comes of it.

Try hitting them next time

• Locked thread