Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Never buy a cube. And if you do, don't spend several years trying to make it extra sweet. Your friends will ditch you to play legacy and complain about how bad legacy is the whole time.

Not pictured: the other $2900 worth of cube cards I have in a legacy deck.

And I haven't even gone through my giant box of rares or commander decks yet.

Now if only October would hurry up so I can sell this stuff at Champs and retire.

Edit: Actually do this because apparently everything just double in price constantly and you'll end up making a ton of money even buylisting stuff.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
I had a big write up for my 2nd prerelease but of course my phone app crashed right as I was gearing up to post it. Basically, 5-1 RG Dinosaurs, felt like I was playing a standard deck while my opponents were playing sealed. Lots of hasty 5/5, 4/4, and 5/4 Dinosaurs were cast a turn or two early. Favorite moment was casting regisaur Alpha on turn 4, giving it haste and crashing in with the alpha, it's 3/3, and a 3/3 drover of the mighty, then next turn adding a hasty 5/4. I also had the conqueror's galleon which was amazing late game if it flipped and a walker of the Wilds which is probably the best late game card in the set if it goes unanswered. Lost to a WB vampire deck where I misplayed g1 and lost and then G3 they put me into the abyss with the 1/1 pay life to make it indestructible creature suited up with the life link aura, and two of the +1/+0 equipments.

Alris posted:

Apart from the LGS, where do people buy their singles nowadays?

Tcgplayer, local Facebook groups, eBay, coolstuffinc, cardkingdom.

Entropic posted:

If you feel like you have to ask about something, the first thing you should do is very carefully re-read exactly what it actually says on the card.

Yep. Pre-releases always remind me to read all the cards. So many people just fail to read all of their opponents cards and lose because of it.

Dehtraen fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 25, 2017

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

Never buy a cube. And if you do, don't spend several years trying to make it extra sweet. Your friends will ditch you to play legacy and complain about how bad legacy is the whole time.

Now if only October would hurry up so I can sell this stuff at Champs and retire.

Edit: Actually do this because apparently everything just double in price constantly and you'll end up making a ton of money even buylisting stuff.

I'm going to finish working on a cube and get it printed from a print shop in China, it'll be about $120 total on magic sized cards.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Dehtraen posted:

Tcgplayer, local Facebook groups, eBay, coolstuffinc, cardkingdom.

To add to this the MP (moderately played) sale every once in a while on starcity has been pretty sweet for getting good looking cards cheap.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Alris posted:

TCGPlayer Direct for ease and because it's usually cheaper than the main singles retailers. But if you buy from Channel Fireball, always make sure to use the coupon code HAUMPH for 5% off your purchase.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TCGDirect is fantastic.

Except for when none of the sellers have an Ophiomancer or No Mercy :argh:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Day-late writeup of my prerelease experience:

10 Mountain
7 Island
3 Thrash of Raptors
2 Depths of Desire
2 Fire Shrine Keeper
1 Storm Fleet Aerialist
1 Treasure Map
1 Siren Lookout
1 Makeshift Munitions
1 Trove of Temptation
1 Tempest Caller
1 Chart a Course
1 Fathom Fleet Firebrand
1 One With the Wind
1 Tilonalli's Knight
1 Bonded Horncrest
1 Otepec Huntmaster
1 Wind Strider
1 Entrancing Melody
1 Sun-crowned Hunters
1 Prosperous Pirates

I had a bunch of good red Dino cards, but my green Dinos were too pricey and my white Dino-related cards were all of the "If you have a Dino in play, ____" variety, with no actual Dinosaurs to help them. I also had zero fixing outside of the Treasure-related cards and maybe one non-blue piece of removal/combat trick.

Round 1 was against UBr Pirates. I lost Game 1 when he drew all of his removal and won Games 2 + 3 when he didn't draw enough removal for the fliers I got out. I also got off Entrancing Melody both games to great effect.
Round 2 was against UG Merfolk with 2x Navigator's Ruin and Jace. He cast two spells in each game and the round was over in ~10 minutes, including 2x Thrash and Huntmaster Game 2. I remember wondering if he threw the match on purpose or just got unlucky because he looked to be manascrewed both games.
Round 3 was BW Vampires, Game 1 he couldn't maintain any board presence and I ran him over, Game 2 I fizzled and Game 3 he seemed to draw every combat trick in the set to beat me.
Round 4 is vs. UBR Pirates-ish, Game 1 I get Trove of Temptation and Makeshift Munitions into play on a stalled board and out-value him. Game 2 I get it out again, but too late to fight through 2x Captivating Crew. Game 3 is super-close, I get a couple of Thrashes out for a couple of big swings while using Munitions and non-Trove Treasure generators to ping his smaller guys. He steals a Raptor with Crew and goes all-in, but I can ping enough guys to protect myself and hit him for exactly lethal on the crackback via One With the Wind on the Thrash, while staring down lethal myself. End the night at 3-1, probably my best prerelease finish ever if not best Limited finish. Eat pizza, come home and pass out.

Thoughts:
--Thrash of Raptors is sweet, I originally thought it only worked with other copies of itself but it's any Dino. 5/3 Trample will do work in this format, especially since the most common removal I saw only worked on creatures with power 3 or less.
--Speaking of removal, there is nothing good or in adequate volume outside of black. Consider splashing if you have a couple of black removal spells, or if you have Skulldudgery (I think I lost every game in which a Skulldudgery was cast against me). I had one of those in my pool, along with the "drain 3 on creature or player" spell and the 2UB guy that is pumped by Treasure, and looking back I should have splashed for those especially since I was already running Treasure cards.
--I think Treasure is good, but a dedicated Treasure deck needs payoffs that aren't just "cast a big creature ahead of curve". Unfortunately these are all at uncommon and rare, making it difficult to pull off in Sealed. It might be easier in Draft, I think there's a sweet Trove of Temptation deck to be drafted in this format especially with Makeshift Munitions and adequate removal.
--Related, Treasure Map (my promo) was amazing. I think I flipped it in all but one game where I got it out, and the resulting Treasures won me those games either through extra draws or an extra spell/Munitions activation for a turn. Also going to 2 counters EOT, then going to 3 and flipping it on your following upkeep feels sweet. Play it if you see it.
--My other rares (besides Map and Entrancing Melody) were Thaumatic Compass, Sanguine Sacrament, Verdant Sun's Avatar, Sorcerous Spyglass, and Ashes of the Abhorrent. I thought about bringing in the Compass at one point, and my R4 opponent used its land form to great effect, but I didn't regret leaving out the others.
--3-1 got me six packs of middling stuff. A Dowsing Dagger and a Rampaging Ferocidon were my best pulls. I let my wife (who does not play) open one booster and she pulled an Opt and a Captain Lannery Storm. She did not huff the pack fumes upon opening it.
--I don't how you lunatics do multiple prereleases for a set, I did one that ran 5-10 PM and I wanted to collapse by the end. It probably didn't help that it was hot as gently caress with ~60 players and a broken drink vending machine in the store. My friend and his friend who I met did midnight Sealed, then noon 2HG, then 5PM Sealed which sounds like a nightmare. They even won the 2HG and my friend's friend split for 1st place at the 5PM. I think they may have played an event today too :shepface:

All in all, I had fun for doing Limited for the first time in a long time. I might actually try to draft this once or twice because I think Sealed doesn't fully demonstrate how good some of these Limited archetypes could be.

E: Yes, RTFC! My Round 4 opponent made a couple of bad swings that probably cost him the match, one when he mis-read the toughness on a flying blocker and one where he swung with Capt. Storm and didn't realize that her pump ability only increases her power, so he traded his bomb rare and a Treasure token for a lovely 2/2.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 25, 2017

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

suicidesteve posted:

Oh I'd take your city of brass if it's not too late for above their buylist of course.

e: also don't listen to him cube is the best

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Red and black seem like a powerful combination for sealed. Skulduggery really makes those cheap 4/2 and 5/3 dinos you might have even hasted and played a turn early punch above their weight, and the removal suite you can make from both colors is solid. March of the drowned is solid for keeping up your aggression and re-triggering raids. Dire Fleet menace/deathtouch wizard and the red avatar cap things off nicely if you can get them.

I really want to see the merfolk deck come together because blue green aggro seems like such a fun combo AND it's got my gf motivated to play. It just seems to fall apart against stuff like Vanquish the Weak or Slash of Talons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Alris posted:

Card Kingdom, but I'm local to them so I can pick the cards up the same day and I only buy cards for my Peasant Cube.

suicidesteve posted:

My cube owns and none of my friends care about Legacy.

Well, a couple might, but they're just fine with Cubing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Actually, this might be a good place to start. Does anyone in this thread want to buy my Time Spiral sealed tournament packs? I have five of them.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Red and black seem like a powerful combination for sealed. Skulduggery really makes those cheap 4/2 and 5/3 dinos you might have even hasted and played a turn early punch above their weight, and the removal suite you can make from both colors is solid. March of the drowned is solid for keeping up your aggression and re-triggering raids. Dire Fleet menace/deathtouch wizard and the red avatar cap things off nicely if you can get them.

I really want to see the merfolk deck come together because blue green aggro seems like such a fun combo AND it's got my gf motivated to play. It just seems to fall apart against stuff like Vanquish the Weak or Slash of Talons.

I played rb too off the back of the ridiculous red uncommons: Two lobbers, two cost reduction priests, two 5/5 haste trample Dinos.

Two lobbers plus angmaths marauders is v lol.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Also I have bought enough singles from Miniature Market that they sent me a promo pack of eighty sleeves and a 10%-off coupon on Magic singles. They're very nice.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I played rb too off the back of the ridiculous red uncommons: Two lobbers, two cost reduction priests, two 5/5 haste trample Dinos.

Two lobbers plus angmaths marauders is v lol.

The 5/5 haste Trample dino is such a beating I think I'll first pick it over almost everything in the set.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

turns out reality smasher is a good man

or dino, whatever

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Actually, this might be a good place to start. Does anyone in this thread want to buy my Time Spiral sealed tournament packs? I have five of them.

What comes in one, is it a few packs or is it just pre-seeded stuff?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

Oh I'd take your city of brass if it's not too late for above their buylist of course.

e: also don't listen to him cube is the best

Check the buy/sell thread. I've got a ton of stuff and I'm not selling it until Champs in October.

Cube is great. Having lame friends who never play it isn't.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I just opened the most insane 6 packs (plus 2 prize) I've ever opened, ever.

Naturally I went 2-2.

My pulls were:
Angrath's Marauders, Huatli, Jace, Foil Vance's Blasting Cannons, Rootbound Crag, and Settle the Wreckage.

I called the store owner over after the Huatli so he saw me open the rest of them. We were both going :captainpop: the whole way.
The prelease card was Fleet Swallower. I had a Navigator's Ruin to support it, but I kept them both out of the deck.

With Settle the Wreckage, a Legion's Judgment, a Pious Interdiction, two Bright Reprisal, and three Queen's Commission, I felt I had to play white. I had some low-powered blue creatures which was enough to assemble a white/blue deck with a relatively low curve, and a splash of red for Huatli, Lightning Strike, and the Cannons.

That was a mistake. The first round felt close, Wind Strider ate the opposing Kitesail Freebooters game 1, but the second and third games he eeked in enough damage with his low to the ground RB pirates deck. I probably could have won game 3, but made some poor play decisions.
The second round we exchanged mana screws, and in the third game when he decided to board 39 cards for a new deck, I managed to deck him as I decided to board in the Fleet Swallower and Navigator's Ruin just to mix things up. Also, his swapped deck was also mill.
The third round was where the deck was exposed, as a cheap fast GR aggro deck ran me over in two games. Just couldn't compete with any of his creatures on the battlefield. Afterwards, I went back to my cards and re-evaluated my color choices.

Oh, uh, whoops. Turns out I had 3 Commune with Dinosaurs, 3 Grazing Whiptail, a Colossal Dreadmaw, and 2 Drover of the Mighty, which were exactly the fixing and fat bodies I needed to make the rest of the deck work. Cutting Jace and his bevy of Shipwreck Looters let me run a RGw deck, unfortunately lacking Settle the Wreckage, but with a much improved aggro plan to back up Huatli and the insane card advantage of 'ol Vance's Cannons. Plus the Firecannon Blasts I couldn't run with a red splash. Seemed just a straight up better version of some of the decks I'd played against.

The fourth round I played another RGw dinosaur deck who had less removal than I did, and went T5 Colossal Dreadmaw into T6 Angrath's Marauders both games.

e: Final Deck:
1 Rootbound Crag
6 Mountain
7 Forest
3 Plains
3 Commune with Dinosaurs
2 Drover of the Mighty
1 Tilonalli's Knight
2 Fathom Fleet Firebrand
1 Territorial Hammerskull
3 Grazing Whiptail
1 Jade Guardian
1 Vance's Blasting Cannons
1 Colossal Dreadmaw
1 Angrath's Marauders
1 Huatli
1 Lightning Strike
2 Firecannon Blast
1 Pious Interdiction
2 Bright Reprisal

The two prize packs contained Legion's Landing, a Foil Captain Lannery Storm, and Shaper's Sanctuary, all of which I feel could easily be playable. One of the players also wanted to trade my Huatli+ for his Jace, so now I have two Jaces.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 25, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Well, at the very least, someone will want Lannery for their dumb Beckett Brass EDH deck.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Alris posted:

https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/ if you're European or want to abuse the cheaper prices here (if your seller ships across the Atlantic).

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Katana Gomai posted:

https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/ if you're European or want to abuse the cheaper prices here (if your seller ships across the Atlantic).

I had to check what you meant by "cheaper prices"

Did a conversion, for reference, Carnage Tyrant is about 14 bucks cheaper than TCG Mid Average. (10.34 pounds)

That's not terrible, what's an average price on Atlantic shipping? (I don't do a lot of importing).

Edit: I stumbled on these tokens on the site branded "GnD". So I googled it.

Holy poo poo:

I have a mighty need.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 25, 2017

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
*******2HG Report***********

Went 4-0, playing with another local goon. Opening that many packs, we had a bunch of options, since we opened well (lucky = 2HG format).

I played a pre-release at midnight and got a feel for some of the cards and tricks (at least common/uncommon). Noteably, I'm high on that green common that destroys either a flier or enchantment, since that's either a must-answer creature, or kills a removal spell/random rare enchantment.

Option 1:
Black enchantment that says 'you win the game if you have 10 treasures'.
Considered going all-in on the treasure-making theme, but seemed kind of weak overall (had 4x of the 5 mana blue guy that makes 2 treasures; 0 of the black removal spell that makes treasure), and really didn't want to rely on drawing that one enchantment to win. Plus, see above comment about being blown out by main deck Plummet/Demystify.

Option2:
Somehow opened 3x of the enchantment that has "Raid: mill opponent 4".
This seemed pretty awesome; probably would have worked pretty well, as once two are on the table, a few suicide attacks for milling 8 would be enough! However, this plan made the next plan bad, as U/B (the color combo we ended up in) didn't have many slots for creatures due to all the good spells that were kind of must-play.

So we ended up on:
Option 3:
PANTS PLAN.
THE MAN:
Opened 4x of the common hexproof merfolk (3/3 for 3G) and big daddy dinosaur (the mythic, hexproof, blah blah blah).
THE PANTS:
Had 2x of the +3/3 and trample instant (2G)
Had 2x of the +2/2 and lifelink aura (3B)
Had 1x of the +2/2 and flying aura (1U)
THE PLAN:
Step 1: Hexproof guy
Step 2: PANTS
Step 3: When they block, play +3/+3 trick or removal spell (had 3x destroy target creature 3 power or less, had 1x put-on-top instant). They'll probably lose their best creature(s), and probably the game.

U/B mainly just ran the above PANTS and lots of removal and some fliers. Had like 5x rares (bounce all one opponents dudes, the unblockable looter, Raid Dark Confidant, XUU mind control, 2UU flash flying 3/3 pirate). <DIG FOR PANTS>

R/G for all the hexproof guys, some removal, and more green fatties. Also have the 3/3 dinosaur that pings when creatures enter the battlefield, and splashed for RW planeswalker. <FOLK WEARING PANTS>
===================================================================
Games:

Game 1
Opponents turn 2: Merfolk 1/1 making enchantment

Turn 4 hexproof merfolk, make it a 3/3. Add +2/2 lifelink enchantment.
Opponents: Hmm. Ok. 1/1 merfolks chump for now...
Turn 5: (draw blue aura, play it).
Opponents: 7/7 lifelink, hexproof, flying??
---several turns later----
Opponents: We are dead.

Game 2:
Crazy game. Probably should have lost. Too much to type. Unblockable looter never died, and did like 12 damage and looted 6 cards. Never drew 1U aura, so game went on forever as 7/7 lifelink/hexproof guy could never get through a wall of green men and white tokens. Eventually won when they alpha striked (due to us playing the RW planeswalker and threatening gaining 7 life/turn and eventually making our team unblockable) and we had a trick to stay alive.

Game 3:
One opponent kept a 6 enchantment hand, full of removal. But drew his mana too late. So a couple pirate fliers and that 3/3 rare dinosaur dealt them enough damage when they played creatures that they went to like 12. They tapped out and this happened:
Teammate: Plays stupid 5/5 haste/trample dino.
Me: PANTS, PANTS on dino, Make it a 9/9. Attack with 9/9 flier, 1/2 flier, 1/2 flier, 1/2 flier against their non-fliers. GAME!

Game 4:
Opponents do stuff, but see game 1 (turn 5 7/7 lifelink/hexproof/flier). They concede at 15 life and 5 creatures to our 2 creatures. PANTS.

Of particular note, is that pretty much every other creature that we played instantly died to Walk-the-plank, etc. But hexproof guys just hung out forever. Got pretty lucky to draw one of each kind of pants in games 1 and 4, but, that's 2HG! Luck is definitely involved, and Big Spells win the game. Which is why I always run 100% of the counterspells (in this case, 2x Cancel).

PANTS!!

======
Additional 2HG story, from another prerelease.
I play Swap-life-totals enchantment. Opponents EOT tap two of our guys, kill another, and all-in.
Opponents: "Ok that's 2+3+2+...+5 trample. That's lethal right?" after playing trick (+3/+3) on 3/3 dino that gets +2/+0 if you have another dino
Me: "You only have one dinosaur, so it's a 6/3 and not a 8/3"
Opponents: "Oh."
Me: (Counts damage) "2+3+2+....+3 trample.....Ok we go to 1??"
Opponent: "Oh....pass turn. We're at 22 life"
Me: "Let's swap life totals :) "

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Count Bleck posted:

I had to check what you meant by "cheaper prices"

Did a conversion, for reference, Carnage Tyrant is about 14 bucks cheaper than TCG Mid Average. (10.34 pounds)

That's not terrible, what's an average price on Atlantic shipping? (I don't do a lot of importing).

Depends on which country your seller would be from; here in Germany a bubble wrap envelope would probably be something like $5-8 w/ insurance so it's only worth it if you're buying more than one card. Carnage Tyrant is an outlier (sold for 12€ vs. $35 preorder the other day), typically our prices seem to be ~33% cheaper except for absolute bombs such as Chandra, which costs virtually the same.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

It's a randomized 75 cards along with basic lands.

Edit: Wait, sorry, 45 cards and 30 basic lands, so basically 3 packs, but more uncommons, I think?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 25, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

It's like a bundle of three booster packs and a stack of basic lands. You'll get three rares, ten uncommons, 33 commons, and 29 basic lands. One of those cards will be foil. I presume that three commons in Time Spiral tournament packs are replaced with Timeshifted cards.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I did a whopping 5 prerelease events, all were 4 rounds. In order, I went 3-0-1 (split the last round), 3-1, 0-2 drop, 4-0, 3-0-1. I played U/G Merfolk, R/G dinos, R/G dinos, R/W dinos, G/W/r dinos.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
3-0 at midnite prerelease, Regisaur Alpha, Vraska, Captivating Crew, who knew??

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

quote:

Hello. I only started playing MTG last year during kaladesh. This is my first rotation. I play at the local store in a Casual way not FNM.
I have play set of liliana the last hope from eldritch moon. 2 are normal but 2 are shiny(foil). The store owner told me that once rotation hits she will not be playable anymore and will lose her value. He said that once a card like her rotates it will go down to less than $5.
He has been asking me daily to trade my play set of her in. He will give me 3 ixalan booster packs for the normal ones and 4 ixalan boosters for the foil ones.
I am not sure if this is a good deal or not as I have no idea what happens to old card once they are no longer in standard. I need help from the community to guide me in this decision. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
^^^Burn down that store.

logis posted:

Option2:
Somehow opened 3x of the enchantment that has "Raid: mill opponent 4".
This seemed pretty awesome; probably would have worked pretty well, as once two are on the table, a few suicide attacks for milling 8 would be enough! However, this plan made the next plan bad, as U/B (the color combo we ended up in) didn't have many slots for creatures due to all the good spells that were kind of must-play.

I really want Navigator's Ruin to an archetype in Limited but don't think it will be good enough. My Round 4 opponent got me down to < 10 cards with one in the game that I lost, but I died from the combat damage of all the attacks required to trigger it rather than the milling. Meanwhile my Round 2 opponent who tried to build around it got completely hustled.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 25, 2017

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

It's almost like WotC has no idea how to make a good format: a tale in 3 screenshots

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I went 4-0 on the back of a pair of Carnage Tyrants (one of them was my promo) and now I need to dump them as soon as possible before the price tanks.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
When is the first tournament under the new standard? The price is probably safe until then.

I pulled one I'm looking to dump now too (preferably for a Chandra) since its not going stay anywhere close to the $27-$30 its at right now unless RG Dinos utterly BTFOs the first event.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Necronomicon posted:

I went 4-0 on the back of a pair of Carnage Tyrants (one of them was my promo) and now I need to dump them as soon as possible before the price tanks.

Go a buck under tcg mid for them on ebay,. Set it to buy it now. Ebay will take a slice, but it will get you more money than if you try and wait release date or after.

The key is that if you use Ebay, it has to get sold before official release date, thats when the price will nose dive.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

LordAbaddon posted:

When is the first tournament under the new standard? The price is probably safe until then.

I pulled one I'm looking to dump now too (preferably for a Chandra) since its not going stay anywhere close to the $27-$30 its at right now unless RG Dinos utterly BTFOs the first event.

This weekend is team limited. Next week is Worlds and will be the first constructed.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Tainen posted:

This weekend is team limited. Next week is Worlds and will be the first constructed.

Scg open in dallas?

Speaking of, who is ready to watch red mirrors on day two?

Sickening fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 25, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

the first tournaments are going to be modo leagues or whatever

On an unrelated note, they always make "Limited Synergies" articles with hard to read and mostly blindingly obvious graphics. Let's see if they made one this time!

"attack and then trigger raid" :thunk:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I think I need a refresher on "sorcery speed". If I attack and want to play firecannon blast to clear a 6 toughness blocker, can I do that, or since it's a sorcery I have to wait until ???

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sorceries can only be played in a main phase. Do it either before or after combat, but not during.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Sorceries can only be played in a main phase. Do it either before or after combat, but not during.

And only with the stack empty (e.g. Not in response to a spell)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Walked posted:

And only with the stack empty (e.g. Not in response to a spell)

And only during your turn.