Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Shameless abuse of rules query, whilst I'm on a roll:

Codex Space Marines posted:

If your army is led by a Space Marines Warlord, you may give one of
the following Chapter Relics to a Space Marine CHARACTER in your
army. Named characters such as Marneus Calgar already have one or
more artefacts, and cannot be given any of the following relics.

Note that some weapons replace one of the character’s existing
weapons. Where this is the case, you must, if you are playing a
matched play game or are otherwise using points values, still pay
the cost of the weapon that is being replaced. Write down any
Chapter Relics your characters may have on your army roster

So if you want to take one, you must have the equivalent basic item. For example, the Raven Guard one says you must have a Jump Pack, the Imperial Fist one says you must have a Bolt Pistol, etc.

The Armour Indominitus posted:

The wearer of the Armour Indomitus has a Save characteristic of
2+. In addition, once per battle, before making one of the wearer’s
saving throws, you can choose to activate the armour’s force field.
When you do so, the Armour Indomitus confers a 3+ invulnerable
save for the remainder of the turn.

Can you give this to a Gravis Primaris Captain, and if not, beyond 'I really don't like it', why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ToyotaThong posted:

Made a Wartrak for my orks

That, like a chicky kebap, is loving wicked. Makes me want to finish the two buggies I made for my Lamenters, too bad I have no idea what I'm doing with them. :v:
(Real talk, if someone wants to get a free army and finish the concept, please say so. It's Lamenters and Chaos Marines and a bunch of stuff I don't know what to do with, if you're interested ask for photos. I'm trying to downsize my collection and focus on Nurgle)

jadebullet posted:

Well, I completed another test model for my Death Guard. This time it is a poxwalker. I'm going for a very specific aesthertic for my Death Guard and hopefully I pulled it off. Let me know what you think.

What Floppychop said. It has a horror palette and feel, not a comical aesthetic, looks so nasty in a good way. For a tiny space dolly, the presentation is quite unsettling.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
The previews for the different forge world dogmas have all said that there'll be seven different ones, but they've only shown five. Any one know, or have any guesses, as to what the rules for the remaining two might be?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Corrode posted:

http://i.imgur.com/bfNjhQw.jpg

I made a decent looking refinery by terracing two pieces of styrofoam in geometric shapes, painting them concrete colors, and sticking various overturned bottles into it, painted metallic. The biggest part was an empty peanut butter jar.

The running gag in the club was, "Empor Brand peanut butter, for when you need to spend a long time on the throne."

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Speckled Jim posted:

Very nice! I wish I'd thought of the double storm cannon when I ordered mine this morning

I thought about doing this too, but the grav-flux bombard was too good to pass up.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Groetgaffel posted:

The previews for the different forge world dogmas have all said that there'll be seven different ones, but they've only shown five. Any one know, or have any guesses, as to what the rules for the remaining two might be?

They showed the last 2 together I think? Re-roll 1s in Fight and something else.

Post 9-11 User posted:

I made a decent looking refinery by terracing two pieces of styrofoam in geometric shapes, painting them concrete colors, and sticking various overturned bottles into it, painted metallic. The biggest part was an empty peanut butter jar.

The running gag in the club was, "Empor Brand peanut butter, for when you need to spend a long time on the throne."

I like this very much.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Corrode posted:

They showed the last 2 together I think? Re-roll 1s in Fight and something else.
Got a link? Can't seem to find it.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Groetgaffel posted:

Got a link? Can't seem to find it.

I'll go one better, I've got the book.

Mars: double Canticles
Graia: D6 on death - on a 6 the model ignores the wound
Metalica: Ignore -1 for Advancing when firing Assault weapons, treat Rapid Fire as Assault
Lucius: Treat AP -1 as AP 0
Agripinaa: Overwatch on a 5+
Stygies VIII: -1 to hit if over 12" away
Ryza: Re-roll 1s to wound in the Fight phase

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How do you guys maintain the motivation to keep painting?

I told everyone that I'd have a whole new army by the end of March.

But, then again, I'm kind of an idiot.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Your lights on either side of the head are triggering me because I see them and go 'port' and 'starboard' this doesn't make sense if they're on both sides!

Looks very clean though, nice job!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I could use some tips on where to go from here with my Deathwatch. What am I missing? Should I pick up a couple razorbacks?

Here's what I have.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Here's the totals if you want the new Death Guard releases (source: the October WD that just arrived):

Plague marines (7) - £30 / $40
Plague marine champion (1) - £15 / $25
Plague marine icon bearer (1) - £15 / $25
Plagueburst Crawler (1) - £40 / $65
Bloat-drone (1) - £30 / $50
Plague Surgeon (1) - £15 / $25
Biologus Putrifier (1) - £15 / $25
Tallyman (1) - £15 / $25

£175 / $280

Wowzers, 4 (count-em), four monopose generic characters. Oh boy.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Corrode posted:

I'll go one better, I've got the book.

Mars: double Canticles
Graia: D6 on death - on a 6 the model ignores the wound
Metalica: Ignore -1 for Advancing when firing Assault weapons, treat Rapid Fire as Assault
Lucius: Treat AP -1 as AP 0
Agripinaa: Overwatch on a 5+
Stygies VIII: -1 to hit if over 12" away
Ryza: Re-roll 1s to wound in the Fight phase

Nice, thanks. How about stratagems for the last two?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Plagueburst crawler comes with 2 options for the hull mounted weapon, and two options for the sponsons.

https://imgur.com/a/Uwmrn

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ijyt posted:

Plagueburst crawler comes with 2 options for the hull mounted weapon, and two options for the sponsons.

I really like the new DG plague marines. Not planning to double up on any monopose models, though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

Honestly after seeing how good your army is painted I feel bad fielding gray dudes against it, so I've been trying to maintain the motivation to get these Regal Skulls dudes up and running.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

I really like the new DG plague marines. Not planning to double up on any monopose models, though.

Yeah they really do look great. Part of me wishes I had purchased the DG stuff to go along with the Primaris guys I picked up off of eBay, but even if I hold off I'll still likely pay less and ignore the stuff I don't want.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

ijyt posted:

Here's the totals if you want the new Death Guard releases (source: the October WD that just arrived):

Plague marines (7) - £30 / $40
Plague marine champion (1) - £15 / $25
Plague marine icon bearer (1) - £15 / $25
Plagueburst Crawler (1) - £40 / $65
Bloat-drone (1) - £30 / $50
Plague Surgeon (1) - £15 / $25
Biologus Putrifier (1) - £15 / $25
Tallyman (1) - £15 / $25

£175 / $280

Wowzers, 4 (count-em), four monopose generic characters. Oh boy.

I like the characters :saddowns:

Are those the seven snap-togethers reboxed or are they completely separate sculpts? I could have sworn I saw unique models but I could have been wrong (I hope I'm not).

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

What was this Leviathan Mortis being fielded as?

E: Oh, hey, two pages from now. Greetings from the past!

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Looks like it's a Kytan daemon engine.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Hamshot posted:

Looks like it's a Kytan daemon engine.

Ah. I'm told the Dreamforge Leviathans are just about the same height as a Cerastus (the Crusader is too beefy to be one but the Mortis is a lot skinnier/more Cerastus-like) and I'm looking around to see if anyone has fielded one as such. (Note that I have never seen either a Dreamforge Leviathan or a Forgeworld Cerastus "In Real Life" (as the kids say) because I haven't actually touched plastic for three or four editions now...)

Oh well, thanks anyways!

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 25, 2017

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

I like the characters :saddowns:

Are those the seven snap-togethers reboxed or are they completely separate sculpts? I could have sworn I saw unique models but I could have been wrong (I hope I'm not).

I would have liked them more as part of the tactical box, like you used to be able to do.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Catachan preview is up:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/25/regimental-focus-catachan-sep25gw-homepage-post-2/

Their doctrine looks really good

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Shockeh posted:

Can you give this to a Gravis Primaris Captain, and if not, beyond 'I really don't like it', why?

Yes, yes you can. Why wouldn't you be able to? Hell, technically you could put it on a dude in Terminator armor, though it'd be mostly a waste since you'd only be getting a +2 bump to your Invulnerable Save once a battle.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Rerolling a die in random number of shots is really really good. Manticores and basilisks are the real winners here.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Amazing doctrine. The infantry part is crap but who cares?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Naramyth posted:

Rerolling a die in random number of shots is really really good. Manticores and basilisks are the real winners here.

My Guard contingent are already old Catachan models anyhow. I've even got a Battle Cannon & Plasma Cannon Russ that'd be perfect for Brutal Strength. Not sure the +1S will matter all that much since you can't give it to Ogryns or Stormtroopers, but it's better than nothing, I guess. Going to be interesting to see what the other regiments get.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Flamers. Flamers everywhere.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

quote:

After all, what is the deathstrike missile but the tank-based equivalent of an enormous bicep?

Indeed :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pity it always skipped leg day.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I just hope they make non-Stormtrooper mechanized Great Again.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

jng2058 posted:

My Guard contingent are already old Catachan models anyhow. I've even got a Battle Cannon & Plasma Cannon Russ that'd be perfect for Brutal Strength. Not sure the +1S will matter all that much since you can't give it to Ogryns or Stormtroopers, but it's better than nothing, I guess. Going to be interesting to see what the other regiments get.

Actually the plasma/plasma sponsons russ might be the real winner since each weapon gets to reroll.

Schadenboner posted:

I just hope they make non-Stormtrooper mechanized Great Again.

I have a box of chimeras gathering dust that I would love to put on the table again.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ijyt posted:

I love that this guy likes his helmet so much, he made a copy of it and put it on a banner.

The Sex Cannon posted:

I made a point not to make any promises with my Blood Ravens, so the Raven Ravens may have to wait. Your RG look tight though, it's worth the wait between finished units.

This is the good poo poo right here.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Of all the things New Games Workshop could do, I was not expecting this heavy-handed of a "FEMALE SPACE MARINES" release. Can't wait to see the reaction in the FB groups I'm in.

https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/912341304721514501

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Naramyth posted:

Actually the plasma/plasma sponsons russ might be the real winner since each weapon gets to reroll.

I have a box of chimeras gathering dust that I would love to put on the table again.

Well, even giving me back shotty/carapace vets in basic-bitch Tauroxes would be ok. I understand the Chimera will never get buffed again (since they're trying to sell new stuff).

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

The description for Brutal Kunnin' Strength refers to the men and women of Catachan.
If GW at any point would released a mixed gender kit, or a straight up ladies only one for Catachans, I might as well just mail them my debit card.

In fact

DrPop posted:

Of all the things New Games Workshop could do, I was not expecting this heavy-handed of a "FEMALE SPACE MARINES" release. Can't wait to see the reaction in the FB groups I'm in.

https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/912341304721514501
if I didn't already have a stupidly big backlog of tanks, these would be real tempting.

As for the tweet itself, I fully endorse any trolling of neckbeards.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Groetgaffel posted:

As for the tweet itself, I fully endorse any trolling of neckbeards.

I'm kind of terrified to find local players because of how objectively terrible every Discord or social media group related to 40k has been. Living a thousand miles away from friends confirmed as non-neckbeards is a precarious gaming position.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Shadin posted:

I'm kind of terrified to find local players because of how objectively terrible every Discord or social media group related to 40k has been. Living a thousand miles away from friends confirmed as non-neckbeards is a precarious gaming position.
Yeah, I'm in the same shoes basically. So I don't play 40k when I'm not visiting my friends that live about 1000 kilometres north of me.

Actually, while I'm on the topic, :siren:Cooked Auto:siren: didn't you live somewhere in Sweden, or am I crazy?
Any other Swede ITT? Pipe up if you want to maybe slam some hams some time.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Groetgaffel posted:

Yeah, I'm in the same shoes basically. So I don't play 40k when I'm not visiting my friends that live about 1000 kilometres north of me.

Actually, while I'm on the topic, :siren:Cooked Auto:siren: didn't you live somewhere in Sweden, or am I crazy?
Any other Swede ITT? Pipe up if you want to maybe slam some hams some time.

I have a hard time believing that being an American isn't far more detrimental in this case than being a Swede. Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Does anyone remember the tadhg Juice Dad story? I need it for research. If someone could find the post that would be even better.