Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I don't usually like being Trump's Twitter RSS feed reporter, but he just retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/jayMAGA45/status/912025733530341377

Yeah, the guy who called the Iraq War "loving illegal" and who was in touch with Noam Chomsky before his death in a covered-up friendly fire incident is exactly who you want to invoke in the ARE SOLDIERS SUPPORT ARE PRESIDENT argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just glimpsed his feed and holy poo poo he really went off the rails like a drunk uncle yelling at the NFL over the past few days

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
It's this. Black players sitting down is the one unacceptable action, not the raping, killing, wife battering, drugs, duis, cheating (gently caress the Patriots) and flat out abuse of the tax code and fans by the league and owners. What's going to happen next? Find out Britney Spears isn't a virgin and be forced to tear down my posters?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

lightpole posted:

Find out Britney Spears isn't a virgin and be forced to tear down my posters?

:smith: Someone else tell em.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pesticide20 posted:

I just glimpsed his feed and holy poo poo he really went off the rails like a drunk uncle yelling at the NFL over the past few days

The challenge is to figure out if he's drunk uncle, or if he's distracting from healthcare policy failure, or if he's trying to rile up his followers, or if he's trying to distract from his negligence on responding to Puerto Rico, or if he's trying to distract from the new travel ban, or if he's just trying to annoy people, or if he's just flat-out racist, or if he has early-onset dementia, or if he's just flat-out stupid.

I mean, any of those could be true, or none of them could be true, or ALL of them could be true!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

suboptimal posted:

I don't usually like being Trump's Twitter RSS feed reporter, but he just retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/jayMAGA45/status/912025733530341377

Yeah, the guy who called the Iraq War "loving illegal" and who was in touch with Noam Chomsky before his death in a covered-up friendly fire incident is exactly who you want to invoke in the ARE SOLDIERS SUPPORT ARE PRESIDENT argument.

No argument beyond him quitting football to join the army and then dying on deployment counts.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

KildarX posted:

:smith: Someone else tell em.

There has been miles of dick and a couple of babies in that bro. Sorry.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Someone check Fox or Breitbart, see who is giving him his thoughts for today. Guarantee someone planted that half-baked "argument" in the fertile pre-rotted soil of his brain.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That Works posted:

Unlike his father he is turning left.

Good lord

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Weiner sentenced to 21 months of hard time in sexting case.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

North Korea says our bomber flights are a declaration of war. Says they're within their rights to shoot them down.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Joke's on them. We were never at peace!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

North Korea says our bomber flights are a declaration of war. Says they're within their rights to shoot them down.

Every time they say something, I just want to say something along the lines of "Well, here we go again!"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/912335895344402432

:allears:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Haha. Did some of that information she dumped contain information on the Canadian government/military? I didn't even think about that.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Whatever one may think of Chelsea Manning's motivations or actions, I think we can all agree that her overuse of emojis makes her one of the most insufferable people on Twitter. 👎🦑👺💩🤗

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

psydude posted:

Haha. Did some of that information she dumped contain information on the Canadian government/military? I didn't even think about that.

Canada's a five eyes, so I'm sure there was something in there that impacted them to a degree.

Either way, whining about it is dumb. The only countries that are obligated to let her enter are the US and the UK (if she still has citizenship with them), so acting mystified as to why Canada denied her entry is stupid.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

This is incredibly satisfying. I'm just not sure why she thought for a minute that Canada of all countries would welcome her with open arms.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The Iron Rose posted:

This is incredibly satisfying. I'm just not sure why she thought for a minute that Canada of all countries would welcome her with open arms.

Maybe she should try Mexico.

Casimir Radon posted:

How? They're gonna shoot down a B-2 with a old Guideline missile? A 130mm AA gun?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BigDave posted:

How? They're gonna shoot down a B-2 with a old Guideline missile? A 130mm AA gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz9AE15nD0M

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

....the missile didn't even hit the target. What an odd video.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V88sUJKgOsk

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

suboptimal posted:

Whatever one may think of Chelsea Manning's motivations or actions, I think we can all agree that her overuse of emojis makes her one of the most insufferable people on Twitter. 👎🦑👺💩🤗

The only emote that matters is 👺👺👺👺👺

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I really enjoy the "Ayo, if you had done this in Canada, you would have been charged with treason."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dead Reckoning posted:

I really enjoy the "Ayo, if you had done this in Canada, you would have been charged with treason."

The crazy thing about the espionage charge is that it seemed kind of harsh at the time (not in a textual sense, as it fit the bill, but in a moral sense she blew the whistle on some heinous poo poo), but in hindsight considering what wikileaks has become it's pretty fair even as someone who sympathizes with the reasoning behind wanting to get some of that info out e.g. the collateral murder video.

Makes me wonder if the IC knew wikileaks was hooked up with the GRU back then. I wouldn't be too surprised since the Bush-era conspiracy theorist sphere was a well-trod onramp to the Alex Jones Tinfoil Parkway To Crazytown.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

in a moral sense she blew the whistle on some heinous poo poo

:allears:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

so, um...

I found out a while back that my gf's dad is getting himself an E-Type Jaguar. This is adding to the stable of the McLaren 650S, Tesla 100D, Alfa Romeo Spyder and Porsche (the Porsche is the "beater" car)

But it's not just any E-type he's getting.

It's a motherfucking EAGLE. The one Clarkson drove in that segment on the E-type where he called it "the most beautiful thing I've ever seen"

It is a quarter, to half million pound car. I am not asking how much it cost.

The owner of the company made him a 20-minute long video about the restoration and rebuild of the car, and all the funky poo poo you have to do to operate it on a day to day basis.

I am going to do filthy, dirty stuff to that car when I see it. I was loving speechless when I found out that it was a goddamn Eagle. Like, holy loving poo poo, that is an AI white whale.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

FAUXTON posted:

The crazy thing about the espionage charge is that it seemed kind of harsh at the time (not in a textual sense, as it fit the bill, but in a moral sense she blew the whistle on some heinous poo poo), but in hindsight considering what wikileaks has become it's pretty fair even as someone who sympathizes with the reasoning behind wanting to get some of that info out e.g. the collateral murder video.

Makes me wonder if the IC knew wikileaks was hooked up with the GRU back then. I wouldn't be too surprised since the Bush-era conspiracy theorist sphere was a well-trod onramp to the Alex Jones Tinfoil Parkway To Crazytown.

Chelsea didn't blow the whistle on poo poo.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Chelsea didn't blow the whistle on poo poo.

And even if she had, it wouldn't have been intentional.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Canada and the US have a reciprocal agreement where they don't let each other's felons in. People with DUIs get that kind of letters.

So not only did we not let her in, but we're treating her like a common criminal. It's not, by any stretch, political.

Also she was trying to drive into Canada.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

Canada and the US have a reciprocal agreement where they don't let each other's felons in. People with DUIs get that kind of letters.

So not only did we not let her in, but we're treating her like a common criminal. It's not, by any stretch, political.

Also she was trying to drive into Canada.

I know dudes with DUIs that have been turned around at the border. Treason is a little bit more severe than a DUI, I'd say.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Yeah this is nothing unusual. She can attempt to appeal it but the Minister's going to look at it and go "haha nope" immediately.

Knowing the cult of personality that has erupted around Manning, her supporters will then get themselves banned by Canada for threatening a Minister over twitter.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I brought this up in the CanPol thread, and was immediately reminded that we let Lord Black of Crossharbour back into the country, a convicted felon.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MA-Horus posted:

I brought this up in the CanPol thread, and was immediately reminded that we let Lord Black of Crossharbour back into the country, a convicted felon.

EDIT: But he's a Canadian citizen Not anymore apparently.

It's not unusual but you have idiots playing it up like it's some grand conspiracy to silence her and only her.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 25, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ThomasErdbrink/status/912316091124322304

Canada likes immigration, but you gotta follow the rules. We're not afraid to deport people for not being legal residents/refugees/whatever. And Canada isn't the liberal wonderland a lot of American liberals seem to think it is.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My Saudi friends told me Iranians are very bad while we were holding hands. This is the way things are now, until lose interest.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Yeah, I've been told you can't get into Canada with any convictions (as low as for weed or DUI), vice versa for USA. And it's probably the same for anyone coming to AU. Any criminal conviction (weeds, dui, assault), means no entry and had meant that for a long time, nothing political.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 25, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I mean, you can get into Canada with convictions. There's just a process you need to follow ahead of time, otherwise they will outright deny you at the border.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Even for state level crimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fo3 posted:

Yeah, I've been told you can't get into Canada with any convictions (as low as for weed or DUI), same for USA if you were going to visit from AU. And it's probably likewise for you lot coming to AU.

Australia did turn Chris Brown away

• Locked thread