Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Canemacar posted:

Edit: It's just the bonus missions where you don't.

I wish there was some place to read about the enemies you fight in TB. I had them chaining 4+ bonus attacks on me every turn today. Wish I knew how that works.
Their move sets are actually all described in the game. Check out the details tab for the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
You can also hold-tap on their special buff if you don't remember what they do by enemy name, during the fights.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Just pooping in to say Phoenix teams are complete bullshit how dare they.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

The Rocinante has 4 spots free atm. We're not looking for low levellers anymore as we're about to attempt our first heroic tank to see how badly it beats us; we have heroic rancor comfortably on farm. Our last TB we nearly got 17 stars and a few of us have beefed up our entire rosters since then so hopefully we'll see the benefit of that this time around. Guild galactic power atm is about 36 and a half mil, if that's any indication of anything...

Post ally code and I'll invite.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cactus posted:

The Rocinante has 4 spots free atm. We're not looking for low levellers anymore as we're about to attempt our first heroic tank to see how badly it beats us; we have heroic rancor comfortably on farm. Our last TB we nearly got 17 stars and a few of us have beefed up our entire rosters since then so hopefully we'll see the benefit of that this time around. Guild galactic power atm is about 36 and a half mil, if that's any indication of anything...

Post ally code and I'll invite.

For reference QGJ tried HAAT last week with 40 million GP and 21 stars in TB. We still got crushed

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

RC Cola posted:

For reference QGJ tried HAAT last week with 40 million GP and 21 stars in TB. We still got crushed

Yeah I've been trying to say let's not waste tickets yet were not ready but a few really want to give it a go so I'm happy for us to learn the hard way :getin:

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

So I'm following the unlock guide in the OP, but I was curious if I should take a break from buying Boba in the Cantina store (almost 6*) to get started in Chopper for Thrawn, who I hear is coming up soon?

E: I should say I have Lando at 7* already, and Zeb is almost there as well.

MadMadi fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 22, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

wisdomHNOX posted:

So I'm following the unlock guide in the OP, but I was curious if I should take a break from buying Boba in the Cantina store (almost 6*) to get started in Chopper for Thrawn, who I hear is coming up soon?

Yes. Especially if you already have Hera/Ezra/Kanan underway

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cactus posted:

Yeah I've been trying to say let's not waste tickets yet were not ready but a few really want to give it a go so I'm happy for us to learn the hard way :getin:

I remember those heady days. You gonna get buttfucked.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I had a moment of panic when I ran across the healer hell node in GW tonight. With a bit more thought, the Lumi/Barris/JC team could have been a terrifying slog, but the only character actually capable of doing damage was Asoka, who gets blown off the field with little issue.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

wisdomHNOX posted:

It would be easier to advice here if we knew when Thrawn will appear again. If he shows his head in say 2 weeks then 1. you wont be able to get all of Phoenix up to the correct star level and 2. you won't have time to gear them (particularly not as a new'ish player) Just having 5 phoenix dudes at 7* isn't going to do much good vs Thrawn, you still need gear levels and good mods on them and that takes a while to accrue.
If he comes in 2 months the story is quite different.

Regardless, Phoenix Squad are quite alright for a babbys first GW synergy team and is one of the first things i farmed as well:

Heres roughly what i did, roughly in order/priority:

Lando to 7* (cantina)
Biggs to 7* (GW)
Bobba to 6* (Cantina credits)
STH to 6* (SA)
Phoenix Squad all to 7* (sans Sabine)
Wedge to 4* (fleet tokens)
Chaze to 4* (crystals)
Nihilus to 5* (crystals)
STH to 7* once Kanaan was done

After your Phoenix farm is done there are plenty of options
Tie Fighter Pilot and Royal Guard for R2D2 preparation
Wedge to 7* as he is great for GW (Wedge lead, biggs, lando, sth, ezra for example)
Finn for a resistance team, for mod challenges and GW (for GW arguably not that great until you are 80+, have a full resistance team and can zeta Finn from what i understand)
Jedis for Yoda and mod challenges
First Order for mod challenges and the BB-8 legendary event
Tarkin for R2D2, Leia and STH for Luke preparation (Though that requires R2D2 anyways)
Stormtrooper for R2D2

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 22, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Do sth for credit heist as well

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

It would be easier to advice here if we knew when Thrawn will appear again. If he shows his head in say 2 weeks then 1. you wont be able to get all of Phoenix up to the correct star level and 2. you won't have time to gear them (particularly not as a new'ish player) Just having 5 phoenix dudes at 7* isn't going to do much good vs Thrawn, you still need gear levels and good mods on them and that takes a while to accrue.
If he comes in 2 months the story is quite different.

Regardless, Phoenix Squad are quite alright for a babbys first GW synergy team and is one of the first things i farmed as well:

Heres roughly what i did, roughly in order/priority:

Lando to 7* (cantina)
Biggs to 7* (GW)
Bobba to 6* (Cantina credits)
STH to 6* (SA)
Phoenix Squad all to 7* (sans Sabine)
Wedge to 4* (fleet tokens)
Chaze to 4* (crystals)
Nihilus to 5* (crystals)
STH to 7* once Kanaan was done

After your Phoenix farm is done there are plenty of options
Tie Fighter Pilot and Royal Guard for R2D2 preparation
Wedge to 7* as he is great for GW (Wedge lead, biggs, lando, sth, ezra for example)
Finn for a resistance team, for mod challenges and GW (for GW arguably not that great until you are 80+, have a full resistance team and can zeta Finn from what i understand)
Jedis for Yoda and mod challenges
First Order for mod challenges and the BB-8 legendary event
Tarkin for R2D2, Leia and STH for Luke preparation (Though that requires R2D2 anyways)
Stormtrooper for R2D2

Ok. I've got STH unlocked, but was focusing on Kanaan like the OP said. I switched to farming Hera in Cantina now that Lando is done, but if you guys think that Wedge is a better use of my time right now, I can work on him instead.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

Ok. I've got STH unlocked, but was focusing on Kanaan like the OP said. I switched to farming Hera in Cantina now that Lando is done, but if you guys think that Wedge is a better use of my time right now, I can work on him instead.

What level are you? Can you post your https://swgoh.gg/u/ ?

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

RC Cola posted:

What level are you? Can you post your https://swgoh.gg/u/ ?

I made an account in there. Username is https://swgoh.gg/u/madmadi/ but every time I look at my profile or try to sync I get a 404 error so I'm not sure how helpful it will be. I'm level 59, so I don't actually think I can even unlock Wedge right now anyway.

E: never mind it's working now.

MadMadi fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 22, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

I made an account in there. Username is https://swgoh.gg/u/madmadi/ but every time I look at my profile or try to sync I get a 404 error so I'm not sure how helpful it will be. I'm level 59, so I don't actually think I can even unlock Wedge right now anyway.

Yeah just focus on Phoenix and scoundrels for now

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

wisdomHNOX posted:

Looking at your Phoenix toons, and assuming Thrawn is coming at the end of October like is rumored, I don't think you could get a squad ready in time. You haven't unlocked Ezra or Chopper, and with a Hera at two stars, you can't really get Ezra and Hera up to 5 stars in time (they both are farmed in Cantina battles), which you need the whole squad at to unlock Thrawn. And you'd need Ezra, because Sabine at 2 stars is going to be a real hard climb, as she's the hardest to farm.

My opinion would be to keep farming Boba to get him to 7 stars, as he's super useful in all kinds of situations, and farm Phoenix toons in the background for some future Thrawn event.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Thank you friends!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Heck that means I gotta get about 20 shards each for Ezra and Hera, in a month where I still have to finish getting Cold Han to 5*.

At least my FO squad is gonna stomp all over the BB-8 event.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hey QGJ inactive people. Please go do your TB battles. Thank you

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

wisdomHNOX posted:

Thank you friends!

Are you doing energy/cantina energy refreshes for crystals?

If you do 3 cantina refreshes per day, that is 300 crystals for 360 energy so you have 525 cantina energy per day, which translates into 20 character shards per day from 8-energy nodes (Hera and Ezra) That means it takes ~16,5 days to get a character from 0 to 7*.
You also get half as many shards from a cantina currency hero, meaning that by the time your Hera and Ezra are at 7* so is chopper.

You should be able to be in the top 1000 on your Squad Arena so that is 400 from daily reward + 200 from daily activity arena currency per day, or 7,5 arena character shards per day. At that rate it takes 44 days to go from 0 to 7*.

For GW you should be able to clear all 12 nodes per day at your level (GW gets relatively more difficult as you progress in power) so that is 15 shards for a GW currency character per day, or 22 days from 0 to 7*

It honestly sounds like you could be able to get Phoenix Squad to 7* by the time Thrawn arrives (you know your exact shard counts so do the math) but the showstopper is likely going to be their gear and mods. Gear takes time to accrue, you need weeks of challenges and thousands of energy to grind gear.
Mods are from cantina energy so farming mods directly interfer with your cantina character progress. You would need at least a week (with 3 cantina refreshes per day) to get a decent set of mods for a squad.

All that being said, the main reason for having a 7* Thrawn is to get 7* R2D2. Succeeding the 5* Thrawn stage of his event is considerably easier and only requires 5* Phoenix dudes, and you only need to complete stage 5 to unlock Thrawn for use as a hero.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

If you do 3 cantina refreshes per day, that is 300 crystals for 360 energy so you have 525 cantina energy per day, which translates into 20 character shards per day from 8-energy nodes (Hera and Ezra) That means it takes ~16,5 days to get a character from 0 to 7*.
You also get half as many shards from a cantina currency hero, meaning that by the time your Hera and Ezra are at 7* so is chopper.

This is kind of pricey, though, isn't it? I don't remember how much a fresh player gets in crystals when they start, or how much he has left, but if he's not willing to spend money, 300 crystals per day is going to be difficult to keep going.

I drop 150 per day on regular energy refreshes, and that usually taps me out, depending on daily login rewards. You only get 60 for being ranks 201-500 in arena, and maybe 50 or so from the All Challenges Clear daily activity. A smattering more from other daily activities. I don't see how to generate 300 crystals a day without spending money.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I ran almost a whole month of 2 daily Cantina refreshes for DT and without a crystal sub I wouldn't have kept up. I also sit around 200-500 in arena.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, some phase 2 info if you haven't started yet:
1. The special Rogue 1 fight is hard, probably the hardest fight in this phase. If you don't have a solid team, it's ok to skip it so you can preserve your baze/chirrut for a regular fight.
2. Platoons want a lot of wedge/biggs, so please check those before you commit them in fights.
3. Hold your deploys for now. If you must deploy, target the bottom territory, unless you see that we are 3* there.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I'm beginning to think investing in Ughnauts for platoons was a mistake.

I'm gonna hold on him at 5 stars for a bit, see if he ever pops up again.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

300 crystals a day is double my normal spend/earn rate(even then I'd be totally ignoring normal energy) and is entirely unsustainable for me unless a drop a bunch of cash on this game, which I don't plan to. I'm just going to get as far as I can, and if I'm not ready for Thrawn this time around I will be ready for the next time he and Palpatine roll around.

Hugbot
Mar 10, 2006
Don't forget you can get Ezra through ship store too. If you're not working on your ships, you could keep some funds there for when he shows up.

Right now I'm getting Ezra only from ship shop, and he's outpacing my Hera farm (I blew all my crystals on gear so I'm only doing max one daily refresh for a few days). 5 or 10 extra shards a day really helps.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

I'm beginning to think investing in Ughnauts for platoons was a mistake.

I'm gonna hold on him at 5 stars for a bit, see if he ever pops up again.

Are platoons random?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

UmOk posted:

Are platoons random?

I'm not sure. I think it can't be entirely random. Some characters turn up way more often than others. And they've now said characters won't show up in platoons who have bonus battles in that phase, so it's at least less random than it used to be.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

UmOk posted:

Are platoons random?

they claim randomness but there are a lot more biggs/wedge/baze/chirrut requests than say jedi counselor or clone war chewbacca

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

they claim randomness but there are a lot more biggs/wedge/baze/chirrut requests than say jedi counselor or clone war chewbacca

Yea I don't even know how they can try to pull that BS. They probably have different pools (Rebel, Clone, Jedi etc) that are randomly assigned, but the majority of slots are Rebels. Which would also explain why we see someone like Lobot (why is he a Rebel anyway) way more often than Ugnaught, and why Pheonix is also very heavy in Platoons, if they are able to be drawn from both Rebel and Pheonix pools.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I get that developers are free to make their game work in any way they wish, and they're not obligated to reveal the inner workings of the game's mechanics.

However. Does it add any angles to the debate when some of the game's content is paid for, where customers are paying to get specific in-game items, and the mechanics to how those items are obtained (e.g. droprates) are potentially being misrepresented? Could that fall under some kind of false advertising?

Obviously we'll never know in this case but it's interesting to think about.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm torn right now between getting Wiggs up, getting my First Order team finished, and just taking a hard left to start Phoenix squad after getting very nearly rocked by them in GW last night.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I use Wiggs in Arena, he is just 4* but is doing fine. I hover around rank 250.

My Phoenix Squad are all 7* and got me Palpie 7*. I am gearing them up to GL9 atm for Thrawn (not equipping the gear) and as soon as i have Thrawn i will probably shelf PS for good. They were fun in babbys first GW and it is fun to play teams with synergies but PS deal such piddly damage they aren't much fun now that enemy GW teams are tougher and have more synergy. They get demolished by teams with autotaunters like KS2O and RG since they struggle to focus them down and meanwhile the rest of the enemy team are free to fire away.

FO can probably be held off for a while unless you really want BB8? What is the verdict on him anyways? I grabbed a lot of FO shards during the double drop just for the sake of saving some time down the line but i wasn't planning to go for BB8

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 25, 2017

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Warmachine posted:

I'm torn right now between getting Wiggs up, getting my First Order team finished, and just taking a hard left to start Phoenix squad after getting very nearly rocked by them in GW last night.

If you're at the point where you can farm Wedge, Phoenix Squad is gonna be dropping off pretty hard. They're resilient but they have a hard time actually killing anything unless you're at a massive disadvantage in gear. I'd focus on doing Wiggs, pair them with Chaze and ride that team to the top.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Defiance Industries posted:

If you're at the point where you can farm Wedge, Phoenix Squad is gonna be dropping off pretty hard. They're resilient but they have a hard time actually killing anything unless you're at a massive disadvantage in gear. I'd focus on doing Wiggs, pair them with Chaze and ride that team to the top.

Though keep in mind Chaze is way more difficult to farm if you're F2P.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Cactus posted:

I get that developers are free to make their game work in any way they wish, and they're not obligated to reveal the inner workings of the game's mechanics.

However. Does it add any angles to the debate when some of the game's content is paid for, where customers are paying to get specific in-game items, and the mechanics to how those items are obtained (e.g. droprates) are potentially being misrepresented? Could that fall under some kind of false advertising?

Obviously we'll never know in this case but it's interesting to think about.

These games should be regulated by the Federal Gaming Commission (think that's it's name). Would be required to provide players with accurate odds.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

thrawn527 posted:

Though keep in mind Chaze is way more difficult to farm if you're F2P.

Mostly Baze but yeah. Even without him though, Chirrut is good and does really well with a Wedge lead.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Defiance Industries posted:

Mostly Baze but yeah. Even without him though, Chirrut is good and does really well with a Wedge lead.

True, but yeah, Baze is a pain. I'm happy the TB store has him, it's the first semi reliable place I've found him, without being flush with crystals or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

thrawn527 posted:

True, but yeah, Baze is a pain. I'm happy the TB store has him, it's the first semi reliable place I've found him, without being flush with crystals or something.

Since TB was released i've bought exactly 6 Baze shards from the shop. See how often they appear -_-

This game is starting to annoy me, as well as the way they are continuously shoehorning us into farming particular toons. I have no beef against FO, but you can be sure that BB8 will be required for some OP last jedi toon, like jedi rey or something.

At least R2 was behind empire, that weren't that hard to farm, and we had ages for doing it. Also, there are a lot of empire toons, easily accessible in a number of shops, unlike FO. FOST and FOTFP are really hard farms, that cannot even be panic farmed, so i don't get the business model this time around.

Also, TB is super boring and i'm sick of it. I'm the TB officer and my guild is slowly dropping the ball, as we should, because gently caress this poo poo.

/rant