Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
So I need to move A. Cooper (even if I'm selling low). What should I package with him to trade and upgrade my team? I'm thinking trying to get a QB as there are a few guys who have multiple top QB's on their team and I really just don't want to deal with Cooper anymore.

12 man league 6paTD 1PPR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Thinking of selling Gurley/Freeman for Mike Evans and Christian McAffery in 1 PPR (14 person league). I feel like my bench is atrocious and has 3-4 droppable players at this point making me worry about bye weeks coming up.

Starters:
QB:Mariota
RB:Gurley
WR: Fitz
WR: Watkins
TE: Rudolph
Flex: Freeman
Flex: Riddick

Bench:
QB: Luck (IR Spot)
RB: Kerwynn Williams
RB: DeAndre Washingotn
WR: Kenny Stills
WR: Paul Richardson
WR: Mike Wallace
TE: Eric Ebron

Alfalfa posted:

So I need to move A. Cooper (even if I'm selling low). What should I package with him to trade and upgrade my team? I'm thinking trying to get a QB as there are a few guys who have multiple top QB's on their team and I really just don't want to deal with Cooper anymore.

12 man league 6paTD 1PPR

I'm not sure you should package. I bet you could get Wilson, Stafford, Wentz or maybe Brees for him.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 25, 2017

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Corey Clement time??? Please, my dynasty team needs this...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Butter Hole posted:

Corey Clement time??? Please, my dynasty team needs this...

I think Smallwood gets first crack at it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, Smallwood had a good outing but previous experience with him says he isn't all that good. Blount you can expect to mop up about 10-15 carries a game. That leaves about 10-15 carries for Smallwood/Clement and while I've liked what I've seen of Clement I think this season he won't be much of a commodity. They haven't given up on Smallwood.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Benne posted:

Thomas Rawls had more snaps (1) than touches (0) today

Don't running backs usually have more snaps than touches? It'd be kind of weird to have it the other way around no?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ZIGfried posted:

Don't running backs usually have more snaps than touches? It'd be kind of weird to have it the other way around no?

Yes but it's telling that the only play he was in, wasn't a running play. He was just in to spell Carson and they decided to pass.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Kareem Hunt and Gronk have kept me in every match up so far. Including this week after BENCHING JORDAN HOWARD and playing Derek Carr. Zeke needs to put up week 1 numbers for me to eek out a win in my money league

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hindsight Is 20/20: Huge Mistakes I've Made Thus Far

1. Leaving Chris Thompson on the WW because I thought Thomas Rawls or CJ Prosise had a better chance of being useful.
2. Leaving Chris Carson on the WW because I figured Seattle was a mess and Rawls was coming back.
3. Thinking Bilal Powell was a better pickup than Javorius Allen.
4. Not picking up Smallwood this week while grabbing Cooper Kupp and Higgins.
5. Playing Fantasy Football in the first place.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My two main teams did so bad with great lineups :smith:

I hate u fantasy football.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hindsight Is 20/20: Huge Mistakes I've Made Thus Far

1. Leaving Chris Thompson on the WW because I thought Thomas Rawls or CJ Prosise had a better chance of being useful.
2. Leaving Chris Carson on the WW because I figured Seattle was a mess and Rawls was coming back.
3. Thinking Bilal Powell was a better pickup than Javorius Allen.
4. Not picking up Smallwood this week while grabbing Cooper Kupp and Higgins.
5. Playing Fantasy Football in the first place.

Only #1 and #5 are mistakes

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

Only #1 and #5 are mistakes

Yeah the Chris Thompson miss was the big one. Instead of picking a reliable but viable starter with upside, I went for the high risk not-guaranteed-to-be-high-reward alternatives. Granted I'm not in a terrible position, but it's my family league and the only one I really care about.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Missed cashing on a GDP in fan duel by 2.5 yards.

Granted, it's the min cash, but it would have been the first time I cashed.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I just need 60 points from Dan Bailey. I've got it easy. :v:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Woke up to an offer of Julio for my Diggs + Ebron in my .5 ppr league.

Mash?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

VietCampo posted:

Woke up to an offer of Julio for my Diggs + Ebron in my .5 ppr league.

Mash?

Yes

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

should have been the easiest win for me, but noooo... Kelvin, Rivers & CJ had to die. Now I have to hope Zeke & Bailey outscores Witten by a lot

everywrongdecision.jpg

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My dynasty team had a total of 2 TDs. 1 from Hunt and 1 from Carr :smith:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

My dynasty team had a total of 2 TDs. 1 from Hunt and 1 from Carr :smith:

My dynasty team scored 195 points last week.

This week... 65.

Fantasy football y'all!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

My dynasty team scored 195 points last week.

This week... 65.

Fantasy football y'all!

174 down to 78. Helluva swing

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doltos posted:

I think there's something to be said for picking up kickers and using logic to reliably predict the high performers.

Like what's so hard about grabbing a guy who's on a good but not great offense against a great defense? You figure the offense will be good enough to get near the red zone but not good enough to reliably score TDs against the great defense so your kicker will get more shots. Here's some guys on my waiver wire that fit this bill right now:

Ryan Succup - Tennessee's offense is good enough to move the ball against the Seahawks but won't reliably score TDs so he should have a big week.
Cody Parkey - Miami should have a ton of red zone opportunities against the Jets. The Jet's front seven is good enough to stop Ajayi so there should be a bunch of chip shot FGs for him this week.
Nick Folk - The lack of Bradford should make this a plodding match between the Bucs' offense and the Vikings' defense. Probably going to be a field goal fiesta.

Revisiting this:

Ryan Succop - 4/4 FGs, 3/3 xp, LG 47 ~ 16 points
Cody Parkey - 0/0 FGs, 0/1 xp ~ -1 points
Nick Folk - 1/1 FGs, 2/2 xp, LG 40 ~ 6 points

Fantasy kicking is stupid

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

This week has been so much bullshit.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Got the offer of my DeMarco Murray for his Jimmy Graham. My immediate impulse is to reject, I'm 3-0 in this league, but I have just been streaming TEs and I'm stacked at RB so I think it's worth considering.

My current RBs: D Freeman, T Montgomery, D Murray, T Cohen, D Martin, R Kelly, S Perine.

The league is 1 PPR and I had benched Murray this week (mistake). I started E Engram this week at TE.

Thoughts?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Doltos posted:

Revisiting this:

Ryan Succop - 4/4 FGs, 3/3 xp, LG 47 ~ 16 points
Cody Parkey - 0/0 FGs, 0/1 xp ~ -1 points
Nick Folk - 1/1 FGs, 2/2 xp, LG 40 ~ 6 points

Fantasy kicking is stupid

Just gotta get a kicker that's on an offense good enough to get into field goal range and then stall out while having a great leg. Zuerlein is my pick going forward since Prater and Bailey are already taken.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tonic posted:

Got the offer of my DeMarco Murray for his Jimmy Graham. My immediate impulse is to reject, I'm 3-0 in this league, but I have just been streaming TEs and I'm stacked at RB so I think it's worth considering.

My current RBs: D Freeman, T Montgomery, D Murray, T Cohen, D Martin, R Kelly, S Perine.

The league is 1 PPR and I had benched Murray this week (mistake). I started E Engram this week at TE.

Thoughts?

You can do better than Graham. And you should.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pubic works project posted:

Just gotta get a kicker that's on an offense good enough to get into field goal range and then stall out while having a great leg. Zuerlein is my pick going forward since Prater and Bailey are already taken.

This is exactly what he said and those were his predictions based on that theory.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Mike Williams of the Chargers is due back early October. Any of you guys looking to add him soon? He's a 7th overall pick jump ball type for 3rd downs (which the Chargers seem to be getting a lot of).

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

dkj posted:

This week has been so much bullshit.

I have the second highest score of the week. I'm losing by 70 pts.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Got an idp question that hopefully someone can help me out with.

I have Kuechly in my LB spot, my league mostly rewards sacks. For example Melvin Ingram scored just about where Kareem Hunt did yesterday. I see a lot of LBS that would be an "upgrade" but everywhere I look I have the GUY for LB so im scared to drop him

Not having much experience in IDP is this a case where I need to stick with my stud, or is Kuechly not suited for these types of rules?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

the_american_dream posted:

Got an idp question that hopefully someone can help me out with.

I have Kuechly in my LB spot, my league mostly rewards sacks. For example Melvin Ingram scored just about where Kareem Hunt did yesterday. I see a lot of LBS that would be an "upgrade" but everywhere I look I have the GUY for LB so im scared to drop him

Not having much experience in IDP is this a case where I need to stick with my stud, or is Kuechly not suited for these types of rules?

Luke is an IDP stud in typical IDP scoring. Tackles are the most reliable way to get points usually.

Gotta see the scoring rules to give you an idea though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

Mike Williams of the Chargers is due back early October. Any of you guys looking to add him soon? He's a 7th overall pick jump ball type for 3rd downs (which the Chargers seem to be getting a lot of).

No, and neither should you. He's a rookie that has done nothing with the team, firmly behind at least Keenan Allen, and almost certainly behind Tyrell and the TEs for all of this season.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Luke is an IDP stud in typical IDP scoring. Tackles are the most reliable way to get points usually.

Gotta see the scoring rules to give you an idea though.

Yea he racks up a ton of tackles I see but here are the more relevant scoring rules

Tackle:1 point
Assisted Tackles:0.4 points
Sack:4 points
Defense Interception:4 points
10+ Tackles Bonus:3 points
2+ Sacks Bonus:2 points

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is Kwon worth stashing over Shazier?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

TE is thin

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/912398527271178240

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yea he racks up a ton of tackles I see but here are the more relevant scoring rules

Tackle:1 point
Assisted Tackles:0.4 points
Sack:4 points
Defense Interception:4 points
10+ Tackles Bonus:3 points
2+ Sacks Bonus:2 points

So he should have a 13 point floor in that league. IDP has a ton of boom and bust Luke is considered a stud precisely because his floor is high. He'll come up with a fistful of picks and sacks each. If they also reward PBU's he'll rack you up even more.

Like I can't emphasize how boom and bust IDP is. The highest floor dudes are always LB's and you've got the best in the league with him. I can understand the impulse to chase sack artists and it wouldn't hurt to have someone like Ingram around in another spot if you can manage but never dump Luke (unless he has another concussion).

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So he should have a 13 point floor in that league. IDP has a ton of boom and bust Luke is considered a stud precisely because his floor is high. He'll come up with a fistful of picks and sacks each. If they also reward PBU's he'll rack you up even more.

Like I can't emphasize how boom and bust IDP is. The highest floor dudes are always LB's and you've got the best in the league with him. I can understand the impulse to chase sack artists and it wouldn't hurt to have someone like Ingram around in another spot if you can manage but never dump Luke (unless he has another concussion).

Well hes lb 20 something and hes scored 8, 6, and 5 the last few weeks so im not sure where you're seeing a 13 point floor but you're right about the boom or bust of guys so ill hold

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Well hes lb 20 something and hes scored 8, 6, and 5 the last few weeks so im not sure where you're seeing a 13 point floor but you're right about the boom or bust of guys so ill hold

Wow really? That's an abberation for him expect a return to his normal soon enough. The offense sucks on top of being a beast so he'll see more play time. Just check his previous years stats per game for an idea of what to really expect.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

This is exactly what he said and those were his predictions based on that theory.

WELL I CAN'T READ VERY GOOD OKAY?!?!?!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wow really? That's an abberation for him expect a return to his normal soon enough. The offense sucks on top of being a beast so he'll see more play time. Just check his previous years stats per game for an idea of what to really expect.

Yea sack and the bonus points are huge. Ill roll with him though since i think i reached for him anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yea sack and the bonus points are huge. Ill roll with him though since i think i reached for him anyway

Normally he'd average 10+ tackles a game which is where I came up with the original 13 points.

• Locked thread