Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

This is how I do diplomacy: I backstab all my enemies. I pretend we're friends right up until the moment I know I can kill them and take their poo poo, hopefully when they border my territory. I do this with every single ally I don't confederate.

I'm pretty much always considered "trustworthy" for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Can I steal this for an avatar? It's beautiful.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Xae posted:

Diplomacy is very useful to separate the people you're currently murdering from the people you're going to murder.

To quote 40k: "The enemy of my enemy is a problem for later. In the meantime they might be useful."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

the great flan

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

What's that keening wail I hear? It is the sound of impotently furious historical grognards.

The problem has always been variety and replayability. The games have always been good but when you're basing on history armies of a particular period tended to be fairly similar as that was what worked at the time. You'd get some variation due to cultural mores and climate but even those had their limits.

Then you base it on Warhammer and there's a setting perfect for fixing that final issue.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The only thing in diplomacy in TW that I really want back is stuff like land and tech trading. I'd like to just be able to give my ally something so I can finish having a province bonus.

Also, trying to finish my VH vamp campaign and trying to grind down the Dwarves is the worst.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 25, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Since we like complaining about grogs here, I found this video of Arch Warhammer talking to Sargon of Akkad, and it turns out Sargon is one of those guys who think Medieval 2 is the best. Specifically with the Stainless Steel mod, whatever that is, I'm a guy who got in this series with Warhammer, and I as such know very little about previous games. Oh and he complains about them "chasing the mythical "wider audience"".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn7as4eZgX4

To be honest, the main reason I thought I'd share this video with you guys is because you can get to see Arch in the flesh, and he is very blonde.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 25, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/72azv6/hidden_skaven_forces/

lol

But luckily the devs are aware of it.

quote:

[–]Pete_CA 76 points 3 hours ago

Well spotted. We're looking at this issue, so expect the Skaven to be much stealthier in the future.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Xae posted:

Diplomacy is very useful to separate the people you're currently murdering from the people you're going to murder.

One of my favorite quotes from the lore is, "The Skaven care little for the past, and do not keep any recorded history. For a Skaven, there are only two times worth thinking about : right now, when they are not ruling the world, and very soon, when they will be."

Also, not unexpected, but noooo!

Oh well. Just keep Black Arks out of trouble until a mod makes a map for them.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 25, 2017

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

William Bear posted:

One of my favorite quotes from the lore is, "The Skaven care little for the past, and do not keep any recorded history. For a Skaven, there are only two times worth thinking about : right now, when they are not ruling the world, and very soon, when they will be."

Also, not unexpected, but noooo!

I've seen this happen to every Dark Elf streamer so far. They get an Black Ark, don't garrisson it and it gets promptly skullfucked by an AI stack.

Also for those interested, I just finished preloading and it's a manageable 25.5 gigs.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I sincerely hope game 1 gets some of or all of those QoL improvements considering game isn't really meant to be replaced by game 2 and its content is going to be important going into Mortal Empires.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Pre load is up.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So when is the thread title getting changed to reflect the fact that there's a sequel?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

William Bear posted:

I really doubt that it will be possible to mod in land maps for black ark battles. Some enterprising modder would have made a mod for naval battles in the first game already where both armies are lined up on a big barge or something if you could change the forced naval autoresolve code to do that.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 25, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Stephen9001 posted:

Since we like complaining about grogs here, I found this video of Arch Warhammer talking to Sargon of Akkad, and it turns out Sargon is one of those guys who think Medieval 2 is the best. Specifically with the Stainless Steel mod, whatever that is, I'm a guy who got in this series with Warhammer, and I as such know very little about previous games. Oh and he complains about them "chasing the mythical "wider audience"".

To be honest, the main reason I thought I'd share this video with you guys is because you can get to see Arch in the flesh, and he is very blonde.

lol of course sargon has garbage opinions about total war

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Deakul posted:

So when is the thread title getting changed to reflect the fact that there's a sequel?
More importantly, when will the OP be updated to include Lord Ge'Tau't?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Yvonmukluk posted:

More importantly, when will the OP be updated to include Lord Ge'Tau't?

UM ACTUALLY the ancients had dubbed him Ee'un Gybbiz. :colbert:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Kainser posted:

I really doubt that it will be possible to mod in land maps for black ark battles. Some enterprising modder would have made a mod for naval battles in the first game already where both armies are lined up on a big barge or something if you could change the forced naval autoresolve code to do that.

I see what you mean. Oh well. Shame, I was imagining something like a normal Dark Elf city map but with artificial ground and surrounded by water.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Deakul posted:

Total War: Warhammer 2 - Warp Lightning Boogaloo

or

Total War: Warhammer 2 - Now with 3 times as many types of Elves to murder.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Deakul posted:

Total War: Warhammer 2 - It ain't called Peacehammer

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Total War: Warhammer II : Rats, Rats, We're The Rats

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Panfilo posted:

I'll have to see how this pans out. The strategic element of heroes was interesting and not needing to deploy them seems to move them away from being on the strategic map and far more frequently tagging along with armies.

Yeah, I'm not super thrilled about removing deployment. It required enemy heroes to choose between loving your settlement or moving. Now we'll just have them dancing a millimeter away from your assassins, corrupting the poo poo out of your provinces.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

Total War: Warhammer II : Rats, Rats, We're The Rats

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Grumio posted:

Total War Warhammer II: A Reptile dysfunction

Correct title was already posted a couple pages back.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

TBH we should probably get a new thread because I haven't seen the OP around here in goddamn ages

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Has anyone been working on a new OP? I just quit my job so I actually have time to do dumb things like making long care posts, but I don't want to waste my time if somebody has already done it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

New Butt Order posted:

Yeah, I'm not super thrilled about removing deployment. It required enemy heroes to choose between loving your settlement or moving. Now we'll just have them dancing a millimeter away from your assassins, corrupting the poo poo out of your provinces.

One of the reviews did mention that heroes aren't as common, or as important though.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

On the other hand never again will we have to play the boring 'deploy/undeploy' minigame.

If someone makes a new thread I would like to motion for my bootylicious Beastman screenshot to be in the OP for Beastman please and thanks

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Mordja posted:

One of the reviews did mention that heroes aren't as common, or as important though.

That's fine, it only takes one to be annoying.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

On the other hand never again will we have to play the boring 'deploy/undeploy' minigame.

Will heroes naturally gain xp by sitting in provinces now? Deploying used to give you a chunk but now that's gone.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Not hearing good things about dragons

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Total Warhammer 2: Elves on shelves, wizard lizards, and RATS

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Total Warhammer 2: This dude totally bangs his mom.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Total War: Warhammer 2: Total War: Warhammer Just an Addon

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
Total Warhammer 2: 410,757,864,530 Dead Elves

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Elfstomper58

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Total Warhammer 2: We're rats, we're rats, we're the rats!

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Total Warhammer 2: TOMB KINGS WHEN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Grumio posted: