Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

Itachi
Mar 31, 2001

LORD GLOOM, YOU HAVE A SUITOR
Meanwhile, a guy decided to wear his Nazi armband to Westlake for a day of yelling right-wing slogans at pedestrians. It went over about as well as you'd think it would for a literal swastika-armband-wearing shithead shouting poo poo at people on 3rd & Pine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Itachi posted:

Meanwhile, a guy decided to wear his Nazi armband to Westlake for a day of yelling right-wing slogans at pedestrians. It went over about as well as you'd think it would for a literal swastika-armband-wearing shithead shouting poo poo at people on 3rd & Pine.
You don't need anime eye superpowers to see that this might be a bad idea

https://twitter.com/DabAggin/status/909837542576533504 e:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/nazi-swastika-armband-seattle-d-line-knocked-out-pictures-photos-youtube-video/ posted:

Duff told BuzzFeed, "I literally just got off a bus and was walking to a movie and saw some guy being obnoxious up the way. Which I’m used to in downtown Seattle, but then I saw the Nazi armband and realize we are dealing with a guy a little more than just obnoxious. I had eaten over 800mg of THC and was way too high for confrontation so I just held back with two other passersby to watch what would unfold."

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 18, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dude committed a crime of wearing a swastika and not being a LEO.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ACLU_OR/status/909892572155228160 gasp!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/2nd-amazon-hq-in-seattle-outgoing-mayor-directs-city-to-work-on-it/610099797

Haha. I think this guy doesn't understand why Amazon is planning a second HQ to begin with. Part of it almost certainly involves gaining leverage over Seattle and WA by being able to threaten to move high paying jobs out. That wouldn't work if they put their second HQ in Seattle as well.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Chadderbox posted:

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/2nd-amazon-hq-in-seattle-outgoing-mayor-directs-city-to-work-on-it/610099797

Haha. I think this guy doesn't understand why Amazon is planning a second HQ to begin with. Part of it almost certainly involves gaining leverage over Seattle and WA by being able to threaten to move high paying jobs out. That wouldn't work if they put their second HQ in Seattle as well.

You also gain more senators and representatives willing to go to bat for you as well.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Here's an interesting article: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/seattle-police-officials-concerned-about-officers-off-duty-work-before-fbi-probe/

p.s. ACAB

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Lol he literally blamed his outburst to a private company trying to encroach on his racket on his syrup habit.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

uber for cops, what the gently caress is this evil bullshit

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

GodFish posted:

uber for cops, what the gently caress is this evil bullshit

If this is an app I can use to get a cop a ride out of town, I'm in.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
And apparently the Seattle NPR radio channel interviewed the nazi who got knocked out the other day? https://twitter.com/paulconstant/status/910901480424488960

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
that reminds me, was the internet successful in making opb reconsider giving joey gibson airtime or did that just slip through the cracks

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

that reminds me, was the internet successful in making opb reconsider giving joey gibson airtime or did that just slip through the cracks

lmao never mind

i find it hard to believe that dave ain't subbing the poo poo out of him w/ the opening of 'joey gibson joins me now, he is a former high school quarterback from camas, a former homeless man, and a former house flipper who now lives in vancouver with a wife and two kids'

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a description of the biggest rear end in a top hat I can imagine.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

lmao never mind

i find it hard to believe that dave ain't subbing the poo poo out of him w/ the opening of 'joey gibson joins me now, he is a former high school quarterback from camas, a former homeless man, and a former house flipper who now lives in vancouver with a wife and two kids'
Patriot Prayer followed me on Twitter the other day. It legit made my heart skip a beat.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

coyo7e posted:

Patriot Prayer followed me on Twitter the other day. It legit made my heart skip a beat.

I still can't get over what a dumb name "Patriot Prayer" is for a hate group.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

coyo7e posted:

@patriot_prayer is not JG and isn't affiliated w/ him in anyway way (from my understanding)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Dino Rossi is officially running for Dave Reichart's seat.

Here's hoping he has as much success with this election as he has in the past.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

Hmmmm, Mitt Romney-lite returns.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

BlueBlazer posted:

Hmmmm, Mitt Romney-lite returns.

Nah, Mitt Romney had far more electoral success. Just look at this poo poo:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Rossi

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Thanatosian posted:

Gunna work it to get at least one more in the seat in the house blue, this is winnable, crush the Dino-saur.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
What's the best way to help I live in that district?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
https://twitter.com/DBeekman/status/911650663293001728

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Moon is pandering hard to get the votes that went to Oliver. She spent $90,000 of her own money on her campaign and is really just an urbanist wonk. Durkan is a piece of poo poo though and would admit to being a republican in any other city.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Yeah I definitely agree. But "cyber" is such a hilarious response on every level.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

BrandorKP posted:

What's the best way to help I live in that district?

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/with-election-still-a-year-away-democrats-line-up-to-challenge-rep-dave-reichert/

Who do we like?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Doesn't Rossi not even live in Reicherts district? I am pretty sure he is from like Everett or something.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

DevNull posted:

Moon is pandering hard to get the votes that went to Oliver. She spent $90,000 of her own money on her campaign and is really just an urbanist wonk. Durkan is a piece of poo poo though and would admit to being a republican in any other city.

Frankly, that's what Seattle needs right now. A wonk in terms of urban planning. poo poo's hosed and only someone with real ideas backed by some sort of science and training has any chance in solving it.

Shes not the best politician in the race but she's the best scientist/educator/planner.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jack2142 posted:

Doesn't Rossi not even live in Reicherts district? I am pretty sure he is from like Everett or something.

You don't necessarily need to live in the district to run for it.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

seiferguy posted:

You don't necessarily need to live in the district to run for it.

Well yeah, but it seems like that would be a reasonably big negative for Dino.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Saw a nice little poster for True Cascadia today at school. Never heard of em before but the poster was pretty clear what kind of group they are, anybody have more background on em?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Munchables posted:

Saw a nice little poster for True Cascadia today at school. Never heard of em before but the poster was pretty clear what kind of group they are, anybody have more background on em?

I've never seen the poster either so could you let us know what you mean by "what kind of group they are"?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm guessing white supremacists

E: yep exactly that.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
It should be pretty safe to assume that people advocating for a "Cascadia" state are libertarians at best.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

anthonypants posted:

It should be pretty safe to assume that people advocating for a "Cascadia" state are libertarians at best.

I've run into alot of progressives who throw around the idea of Cascadia, just to get away from the republican states loving over our progressive agenda. I don't think people usually think too deeply about it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

As a progressive, I think it's something we should definitely talk about. We're getting hosed over at a national level because of systemic obstacles, and we're not going to see any change in that unless we start leveraging what few options we have, secession being one of them.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I didnt take a picture, I should've. It was a drawn white couple with a baby and various black claw-like hands reaching at them. Each hand said something different, globalism, lgbtq, blm, feminism, etc. and the slogan was something like "Not the America you want?" and had a site link. Mostly I was just wondering if someone in here knew stuff about em since I'd never seen it before and thought it was pretty funny.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Solkanar512 posted:

I've never seen the poster either so could you let us know what you mean by "what kind of group they are"?

anthonypants posted:

Considering the PNW's history as the last bastion of whiteness and the KKK, it's pretty easy to guess.. But seriously, we all know that anythig that calls itself "true" or "real" or "values" or "family" is obviously going to be about undermining those very things... For instance, "therealdonaldtrump" is as unreal as it gets, and has literally contributed to increasing the disparity between reality and belief in the minds of many citizens...

https://twitter.com/truecascadia?lang=en

quote:

Cascadia
@TrueCascadia
Your foremost Alt-Right group in the Pacific Northwest.
Bonus points that their logo looks like a masonic pyramid.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

silicone thrills posted:

I've run into alot of progressives who throw around the idea of Cascadia, just to get away from the republican states loving over our progressive agenda. I don't think people usually think too deeply about it.
That's only because JPR (and local NPR as a whole,) keep :jerkbag: about The State of Jefferson and how wondrous (and white, but they don't mention that bit) it would be, without actually bringing up the fact that it was a ridiculous protest started by a bunch of angry white farmers who wanted government handouts but were too lazy to protest more than once a week.

No, really... The original State of Jefferson "Revolt" only happened on like, Tuesdays. Officially. Some journalist from St Louis or something heard about it and rushed cross-country to gin up a story about "the last cowboys fighting against the man", but it turned out that Japan bombed Pearl harbor like 15 days after the "revolt" began, and the government realized that they really, really wanted more infrastructure on the west coast (which was the whole point of the revolt - to get dams and highways built out here so farmers who decided to grow crops in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, could sell their goods more easily.)

https://soundcloud.com/backstory/fill-your-hands

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

coyo7e posted:

Considering the PNW's history as the last bastion of whiteness and the KKK, it's pretty easy to guess.. But seriously, we all know that anythig that calls itself "true" or "real" or "values" or "family" is obviously going to be about undermining those very things... For instance, "therealdonaldtrump" is as unreal as it gets, and has literally contributed to increasing the disparity between reality and belief in the minds of many citizens...

https://twitter.com/truecascadia?lang=en.

Bonus points that their logo looks like a masonic pyramid.

Dude, chill. I was at work and didn't want to look anything up lest it be really bad.