Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Beastie posted:

Odyssey comes out October 27th? On a Monday? Might wait until the weekend to get it.

Learn to calendar my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Not a Children posted:

Learn to calendar my man

Ahaha you are right, I clicked into November. Can't wait. Going Digital!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Neo_Crimson posted:

Overdue by like 5 years now. They claim they're still working on it, but it's probably never coming out.

The Promise Has Been Made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

this explains alot. the friends i've met, the good karma, the positive energy flowing through me. the perfect nintendo console, the nintendo switch.

iwata is with me, always.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Who would guess that by this point, the Switch would have 4 golf games on it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

golf tends to come in fores

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

this is pretty rough

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You guys are teeing me off.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Phantasium posted:

i hate this so much

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Should I get Bomberman R, or does it still play like garbage?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tensokuu posted:

They patched out the input lag and tried to fix up the online lag. The story mode by no means runs at solid 60 but the standard play modes do and if you're looking for a fun time Bomberman game there's nothing wrong with it.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Feenix posted:

Majority would be online. Is it like most fighting games where really good people will just STEAMROLL with huge combos and make me sad all the time? Or is there a nice back and forth? I know that's an odd question because that depends on me... and people. But I mean like, if I get online with Street Fighter, for example, more often than not, I'm going to get trounced, and in a very discouraging way. Is this, you know... like, a fairer shot for everyone?

Maybe that question doesn't make a lick of sense. Answer it or call me an idiot. Or do both! :)

I think it kinda makes sense, but you're asking 2 different things.

1. Are there huge Combos? The answer is not really. There are a couple of longer sequences but most combos are under 6 seconds, and all of those don't do that much damage, and they're relegated to only 1/2 of the game (duel phase). They aren't much of a thing in the other half (field phase), and the game forcefully pushes you out of being cornered/combo'd when you hit certain damage thresholds, aka the game forces neutral which gives both players a chance for advantage again. The systems itself try to force fairness more than other fighting games do, really.

2. Is there a skill gap? Well...yeah. That's the point in fighting games, in that the more experienced you are the better you will be against people not as experienced. The game's online is a bit better in terms of matchmaking I think, where it'll keep you against opponents that are your rank as you progress higher or lower, and the online is healthy enough for that to work out. But if you're expecting some Mario Kart-esque assitance, then you won't find it here.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tensokuu posted:

It's much better now after the patch with 60fps multiplayer but I'd still get it used or on sale.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
PSA: For anyone interested in the Mario Odyssey (deeper red) joycons, they're getting an independent release in Japan / Asia and should be available at your importer of choice either now or sometime soon.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Policenaut posted:

Unfortunately Smash 4 has no actual cash prize.

This is a good thing. The faster Smash tourneys die and having actual fun returns, the better.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mister Facetious posted:

This is a good thing. The faster Smash tourneys die and having actual fun returns, the better.

:thunk: The faster the widespread interest in playing smash dies, the better?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spit on my clit posted:

:thunk: Thing, or similar but different thing?

I don't really care if tourneys exist. They will always be fox only no items final destination snoozefests.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Looking for a second Switch game. If I don't anticipate getting much replay value out of MK8 multiplayer, should I just skip that and get Mario Rabbids? Probably the case with Splatoon as well. MK8 still might be worth it just to see if my girlfriend will play at all.

I'm going abroad in 3 weeks (so right before Mario) and I'd like a new game. If Stardew makes it out before 10/13, that would be nice.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Bloop posted:

I don't really care if tourneys exist. They will always be fox only no items final destination snoozefests.

solution to the "fox only" problem: buff dedede and the rest that need buffs so that they can compete, instead of nerfing high-tier characters, which only narrows down the "played most often in tournaments" list. especially DDD and Ganondorf, those kings among men need love the most.

im not talking melee though because melee is pretty much dead at this point, for good reason.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Do amiibos work internationally? I may buy one stateside to bring back with me to Europe. Also someone mentioned ages ago amiibo's at gamestop with no statuette but all their functions? What's that about? Seems way more interesting.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Do amiibos work internationally? I may buy one stateside to bring back with me to Europe. Also someone mentioned ages ago amiibo's at gamestop with no statuette but all their functions? What's that about? Seems way more interesting.

Amiibos are region-free, a Japanese Ness will work with an American WiiU/3DS/Switch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Amiibo are region-free

beaten but I used correct pluralization

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

Let people play how they wanna play man

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

KingKapalone posted:

Looking for a second Switch game. If I don't anticipate getting much replay value out of MK8 multiplayer, should I just skip that and get Mario Rabbids? Probably the case with Splatoon as well. MK8 still might be worth it just to see if my girlfriend will play at all.

I'm going abroad in 3 weeks (so right before Mario) and I'd like a new game. If Stardew makes it out before 10/13, that would be nice.

Splatoon 2

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

:laffo:

"Widespread interest in Smash is due to tourneys"...

:lol::lol:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mister Facetious posted:

:laffo:

"Widespread interest due to tourneys"...

:lol::lol:

thank you for your input

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spit on my clit posted:

thank you for your input

It had a bit of lag. Must be on a wavebird. That would never do in a tourney.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

a.lo posted:

gearbox known for their borderlands and

brothers in arms is good

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Bloop posted:

the only wavebirds i know of are falco and revali. i'd say revali should be in smash but he already is

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

brothers in arms is good

I bought the first and third, and I respectfully disagree. Horribly disappointing, and the facial animation was terrible, despite them hyping it up in interviews.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

spit on my clit posted:

the only wavebirds i know of are falco and revali. i'd say revali should be in smash but he already is

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sir, i am the police

note: i am not actually a cop. please do not call the real police on me

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I laughed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My apologies, officer spit on my clit.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

My apologies, officer. Spit on my clit.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Tempura Wizard posted:

PSA: For anyone interested in the Mario Odyssey (deeper red) joycons, they're getting an independent release in Japan / Asia and should be available at your importer of choice either now or sometime soon.

so tempting. i might wait to see if they come out here but hahaha.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

[quote="“Westoda”" post="“476741165”"]
Someone a while back said that no-one plays the Switch on Brisbane trains, but I’m here to report that one time I saw a guy playing the Switch, only he was a 17-year-old with a purple dyed goatee and a triforce t-shirt and if that was you I’m sorry I avoided eye contact
[/quote]

Possibly that's because nobody catches trains in Brisbane because they don't go anywhere.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

corn in the bible posted:

brothers in arms is good

Those Half-Life expansions were also fun

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway had Colonial Marines' level of spin on it before it launched. I remember looking at screens of it in Game Informers E3 2003 mag and it looked so drat good. Then it launched two years late and looked like rear end.

The first two are awesome though. I will not forgive them for Hell's Highway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KingKapalone posted:

You can buy GOTY golf story this coming Thursday!!!

• Locked thread