Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Macaluso posted:

And Shovel Knight, and Undertale, and Superhot, and Night in the Woods, and Hyper Light Drifter, and The Banner Saga and FTL and Kentucky Route Zero and

(I'm not a fan of all of these games but all of them were received pretty well)

Shadowrun Returns and all its isometric glory. I still need to play through Dragonfall.

Phantasium posted:

golf tends to come in fores

Huxley posted:

this is pretty rough

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You guys are teeing me off.

Congrats on being as bad as Kotaku article commenters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Evil Fluffy posted:

Congrats on being as bad as Kotaku

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Steamworld Dig 2 is a drat fine game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Evil Fluffy posted:

I take it you're new to all of the Nintendo threads on SA?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

I take it you're new to all of the Nintendo threads on SA?

You think the Nintendo thread is the only place people do bad puns?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Shadowrun Returns and all its isometric glory. I still need to play through Dragonfall.

Don't doxx bro.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Well I pre-ordered the Xenoblade collector's edition so it's probably going to suck. I'll accept all blame.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
When's frolf story, huh

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Dad hears ya, dad don't care.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Tempura Wizard posted:

PSA: For anyone interested in the Mario Odyssey (deeper red) joycons, they're getting an independent release in Japan / Asia and should be available at your importer of choice either now or sometime soon.

They're STILL not shipping joy cons worldwide? but they could make enough "uggy yellow" to sell with ARMS?

splatoon 2 joycon status: :discourse:

incoherent fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 26, 2017

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/912451222497628161

Didn't expect it to just drop on the official twitter like this but... HELL Yeah.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Switch... is finally... perfect

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the switch is not perfect as Pit People and West of Loathing are not on it yet.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:worship:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pac-Man was big.
Tetris was bigger.
Mario was the biggest.
But nothing prepared the world for Golf Story.
It won't be long before the soundtrack is winning grammys and a movie adaptation sweeps the academy.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
does the thread have a consensus on whether or not to get a screen protector for the switch and if so, which one?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You got what you wanted, now somebody post smash when every day until it happens.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Centzon Totochtin posted:

does the thread have a consensus on whether or not to get a screen protector for the switch and if so, which one?

Like the 3DS thread, it's polarizing. You don't have to use one if you don't want to. But if you do, you have your option between whatever highly rated glass screen protector there is or Hori's regular (i.e., not the premium 20+ dollar one) screen protectors.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 26, 2017

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Either get a screen protector or get a good case. Tablet weight + plastic screen = your poo poo's gonna get scratched.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Leave your switch in the box. That is the only way to ensure it never gets scratched and loses value. You should probably keep it in a safe deposit box, as well.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I got the amfilm tempered glass one, and I will say at least that its a pretty cool protector. Lot easier to put on than the film ones that I've used

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

Drunk Tomato posted:

When's frolf story, huh

I would empty out my bank account for a Ribbit King sequel

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Fancy Hat! posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/912451222497628161

Didn't expect it to just drop on the official twitter like this but... HELL Yeah.
It still bothers the gently caress out of me that aside from the reveal trailer and the latest Nintendo direct, this is the only footage we've seen of this game... which was at TGS and didn't get any coverage.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It doesn't even show the ball going in. It's like they made that gif to be as unrewarding as possible.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What if Golf Story is a smokescreen for Stardew

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that Stardew on Switch is coming.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

homeless snail posted:

I got the amfilm tempered glass one, and I will say at least that its a pretty cool protector. Lot easier to put on than the film ones that I've used

the correct answer here... plus its a 2pack so the price per glass protector is good, just find a friend to take the other one and split the costs. No reason not to get it.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I mean, I keep it in a case when I'm not playing it because otherwise it'd gather too much dust sitting in the dock. My main concern is it getting scratched when I dock and undock the tablet

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I mean, I keep it in a case when I'm not playing it because otherwise it'd gather too much dust sitting in the dock. My main concern is it getting scratched when I dock and undock the tablet

Its only $9, just grab one and get done with it. You'll feel comfortable docking it.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll get the amFilm one. Why does it come in a 2-pack though, is it easy to mess up the application?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They projected that the average household would own two Switches

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll get the amFilm one. Why does it come in a 2-pack though, is it easy to mess up the application?

Not really, it is easier than film ones as far as bubbles go. I just recommend running a hot shower with the bathroom door closed, and let it steam up a little (not much). That will get the dust to settle and then you go in and put on the protector. It reapplies easy if you don't align it perfectly on the first try.

A lot of glass ones are doing double packs these days. Even my regular Kindle one came with 2.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Momomo posted:

It doesn't even show the ball going in. It's like they made that gif to be as unrewarding as possible.

It's a teaser. It's to entice you to buy it so you'll want to put the ball in the hole yourself.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Please rush in and let me know how Golf Story is, while I play the Proven Good Series, Picross by Jupiter. I'm glad they're both coming out the same day so I'm not pressured into buying a game basically sight unseen.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So when the hell is Picross Story?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mega64 posted:

So when the hell is Picross Story?

Picross RPG is a genius idea. One of you devs that read this forum needs to make that now.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tempura Wizard posted:

Please rush in and let me know how Golf Story is, while I play the Proven Good Series, Picross by Jupiter. I'm glad they're both coming out the same day so I'm not pressured into buying a game basically sight unseen.

Don't worry friend, I will tell you how amazing it truly is.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

About how many hours is Steamworld?
The gameplay is very attractive to me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

About how many hours is Steamworld?
The gameplay is very attractive to me.

About 10 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Do amiibos work internationally? I may buy one stateside to bring back with me to Europe. Also someone mentioned ages ago amiibo's at gamestop with no statuette but all their functions? What's that about? Seems way more interesting.

I guess the RFID tag got separated from the figure somehow. That's the part that actually does anything, and is also how the Amiibo emulators work.

• Locked thread