Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LadyPictureShow posted:

I looked up that 'Father of the Year' story to read the comments, and I laughed at this one:

'I had to sell all my bitcoins!!!!!'

He probably cheated on her or something like that though. Always the bit they leave out when they are fist waving at the attorneys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:

Haifisch posted:

Probably posted before, but gently caress it, it's still a good read:

[Ontario] Neighbor's kids stole some of my pepper plants. They ate them, got hurt, now they want to sue.

How could this even happen to a Canadian, do they not still show this on TV all the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AuLkMBAFZg

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I [31 M] have been with my girlfriend [27 F] for 1 year. She has a blog and today wrote a long post about why marriage is dumb and people shouldn't do it. I was thinking about proposing. Do I hold off?

quote:

I was at work this morning and my girlfriend posted a long piece on her blog about hoe marriage is stupid and no one in their right mind would ever want to get married when they know the divorce rate and they know how miserable it can be.

She and I have discussed marriage in the past few months and it didn't seem like anything she was opposed to. I was going to propose within the next half a year or so but now I'm wondering if that's a mistake. I know this is something we need to discuss in more detail but should I forget about the post? Just let it go? Maybe she's just exaggerating and it's not the big of a deal?

If she tells me she never wants to get married, but I like the idea of it, then is she not the right person for me? Would one out of the blue post instigate an entire break up when all else is going really well?

tl;dr: Not sure how gf feels about marriage anymore. Should I wait on proposal?

top comment posted:

[–]alyra 1319 points 2 years ago

Why don't you just talk to her about it?

[–][deleted] 595 points 2 years ago

But then that would make sense.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Haifisch posted:

I [31 M] have been with my girlfriend [27 F] for 1 year. She has a blog and today wrote a long post about why marriage is dumb and people shouldn't do it. I was thinking about proposing. Do I hold off?

quote:

Great, general advice is to break up immediately and vote for Sanders. Thanks reddit

Btw, this was two years ago and about 100 days ago OP was posting on r/dating if you'd like to skip to the ending.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip
[31 M] have been with my girlfriend [27 F] for 1 year.

Holy hell dude, talk to her. That is hosed up as poo poo and if she is showing no issue with in in private and diatribes it online. She is either lying to you or a fraud blogger, I don't know which is worse.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

half coke half diet posted:

[31 M] have been with my girlfriend [27 F] for 1 year.

Holy hell dude, talk to her. That is hosed up as poo poo and if she is showing no issue with in in private and diatribes it online. She is either lying to you or a fraud blogger, I don't know which is worse.

Talking to each other never helped. Thats why you post your poo poo online and discuss it with people you don't know :allears:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
If the internet age has taught me anything it's that Facebook is the ideal place to hash out relationship disputes.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I'm [23F]. An acquaintance [22F] keeps a secret Tumblr blog about my boyfriend [27M].

quote:

An acquaintance [22F] keeps a Tumblr blog about my boyfriend [27M]. We know it is definitely her blog because it is linked to her instagram account and the Tumblr’s profile picture is clearly her. The blog contains two years worth of text posts about him and some photos she took without his consent. She has created a lengthy fictional relationship between my boyfriend and her. I am never mentioned in the blog, I don’t exist in her fictional world, despite dating him for nearly two years.

The early posts are about how they “just started dating” and how she is so in love with him. Then she says she “broke up with him” and begins to post about how awful he is and that she is glad they are over. The most recent posts are about how he is “her best male friend” but she still has feelings for him and can tell he feels the same way about her. None of this is true!

They have never dated or even hung out. She is only an acquaintance. We will say hello to her, if we happen to run into her, but we never make plans with her. We have almost no contact with her. She will send him a casual “hey, how have you been” text maybe once every three months, but other than that she hasn’t tried to contact him. Occasionally, she will like my social media posts but she has not texted me since spring.

I am not sure if he or I should confront her about this? Are there psychiatric services we can refer her? It seems harmless, but it is still really bizarre. She hasn’t displayed any violent behavior towards us, but I am somewhat concerned that if she is crazy enough to make up a secret fantasy life about him she might be crazy enough to try something violent.

tl;dr: A girl my boyfriend barely knows keeps a Tumblr blog depicting a fictional relationship between her and him. Not sure if I should confront her about this?

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006

Haifisch posted:

I'm [23F]. An acquaintance [22F] keeps a secret Tumblr blog about my boyfriend [27M].

In Today's news, woman arrested for smearing her period blood over an acquaintance's boyfriends car screaming "SHE CAN NEVER LOVE YOU LIKE I DO!!!!"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

In Today's news, woman arrested for smearing her period blood over an acquaintance's boyfriends car screaming "SHE CAN NEVER LOVE YOU LIKE I DO!!!!"

Enough about Pick already

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Barudak posted:

Tabletop gamig is code for baccanalian orgy, with positions and partners decided by rolls overseen by the Dick Master

If only that were true.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

in college a friend hooked me up with her weird art roomate because my friend knew she was gay and wanted me to convince her of it. so we're at weird art roomate's gallery opening for her senior thesis and it wasn't until i was 3 bloody marys in that i realized the reason all of her work was painted with the same clay-brown paint was due to her harvesting her menstrual blood to use as a medium.
i was standing in the middle of the central room, as far as one could possibly be from an exit, next to the bartender, when it all dawned on me. I had the sudden realization that this is exactly what a foetus sees, that i was trapped in the middle of a swirling vortex of blood. i screamed, dropped my drink, and climbed out of a window without noticing it wasn't a door.

the worst part of it was that despite being a senior visual arts major she didn't know composition worth poo poo. like obviously painting in monochrome is going to limit your options for illusion of depth but it was like she didn't loving care and went full half rear end cavewoman menstruating all over everything to mark it as her territory. like she picked up a book of basquiat's work and jacked his utter disdain for the formalities of the art world with none of his insight or inversion of norms.

i ended up calling her later to apologize and she helped me repair the window screen i broke. we never got really serious but she ended up writing the foreward to my first poetry chapbook before moving to Japan to work at an organic farm and dropping the gently caress off the face of the Earth.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

insufficient guns posted:

How could this even happen to a Canadian, do they not still show this on TV all the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AuLkMBAFZg

Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that the American version has it all wrong?
https://youtu.be/oDOiGtx0rJ0

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

in college a friend hooked me up with her weird art roomate

Well, that's certainly a story.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i was standing in the middle of the central room, as far as one could possibly be from an exit, next to the bartender, when it all dawned on me. I had the sudden realization that this is exactly what a foetus sees, that i was trapped in the middle of a swirling vortex of blood. i screamed, dropped my drink, and climbed out of a window without noticing it wasn't a door.

No work of art has had its intended effect harder than hers did at that moment, and you have validated her artistic vision utterly.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i still bust out laughing about how the only drinks being served that night were bloody marys. and then i cry, and then i crysturbate, because she had that "spends a lot of time welding" type of body.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

crysturbate

Someone call Webster's.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i still bust out laughing about how the only drinks being served that night were bloody marys. and then i cry, and then i crysturbate, because she had that "spends a lot of time welding" type of body.

I know exactly how you feel and I find that disturbing

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
its every dudes dream to have a badass blacksmith wife who fixes ur gear after u come home from raiding the hinterlands, orcish blood sloshing in yr boots

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

its every dudes dream to have a badass blacksmith wife who fixes ur gear after u come home from raiding the hinterlands, orcish blood sloshing in yr boots

gently caress that. She can go murder orcs. I'll take care of the kids and make dinner. :swoon:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
not r/relationships, but close enough if it's on reddit

To the lady that grabbed my hand at the airport and walked me away from my abusive relationship. Thank you!

quote:

I work at the airport and have a friend who I spend a lot of my time with. We are not in a relationships but we do have interest in each other so we have lunch together every once in a while. Every now and then he and I will get into little arguments and for some reason he cannot control his temper. He starts screaming at the top of his lungs, banging on chairs, forcing me to hold his hand or forcing me to look at him. He’s done this in the middle of the airport about five times and people have stopped and started. Today, for the first time out of those five times a lady grabbed my armed and told my friend to leave me alone and walked me to a police officer. This made me open my eyes and realize that I was getting myself into the worse mistake of my life. I can’t thank you enough and I truly, truly hope this will find you! I feel like you might have saved my life and the world needs more people like you. 💜

it made her "open her eyes" but she's still calmly referring to the person as a friend and how, you know, they just get a little angry and starts grabbing her in public when they have a little teensy weensy argument, just normal guy things

I hope she's actually willing to reflect on those red flags

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Minrad posted:

not r/relationships, but close enough if it's on reddit

To the lady that grabbed my hand at the airport and walked me away from my abusive relationship. Thank you!

it made her "open her eyes" but she's still calmly referring to the person as a friend and how, you know, they just get a little angry and starts grabbing her in public when they have a little teensy weensy argument, just normal guy things

I hope she's actually willing to reflect on those red flags

That lady is cool.

I hope someday I have the wherewithal and bravery to do the same thing if it ever comes up.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My [33M] brother in law [36M] manipulated the sickly priest at my wedding.

quote:

Got married yesterday, beautiful ceremony, wonderful reception everyone had a good time. Two weeks before my wedding, the priest emailed my wife [31f]explaining that he is not feeling well (recovering from c-diff and a hernia operation) would like to enlist the help of another priest to help with the ceremony because he cannot stand on his feet for very long. We of course had no problem with this. During the ceremony, the other priest was not present, which was strange to my wife and I, however, the process went off without a hitch.

During the cocktail hour the priest approached my wife and apologized for "disrespecting her" and explaining "that if he knew that enlisting the help of another priest was distasteful he would have never asked". My wife was obviously confused by this and became rather upset. Turns out, my brother in law, an MD who is heavily involved in the church where we were married told the priest that two priests were distasteful and that my wife did not want them. This of course was a lie.

The rest of the night went great but in the morning I approached him about his behavior. I told him calmly that I did not appreciate him circumventing us, and explained that he owes my wife an apology. He did not speak with her at all. Later in the same day, I texted him "you owe your sister an apology".

An hour after the text was sent, my wife's mother [69f] called her screaming, that I shouldn't get involved and that she has no problem with her sons behavior. She also explained that she did not want the second priest because she did not want to pay him another $250. (We did not, the original priest said the second one would not charge us) My wife called her brother, furious, and demanded an apology, he did, but then proceeded to say that we "did not take the church service seriously because we were laughing and smiling during parts of it"

That's pretty much where the story ends, and I cannot help but think that my brother in law is an amazing hypocrite. Not only did he manipulate a sick mans behavior for virtually no reason, he also lied by omission to my wife and I and disrespected the same church that he chastised me for "not taking seriously". This man is a Medical Doctor, who is supposed to save people's lives, why didn't he have more empathy for the sick priest? I cannot think that he's a terrible person, I don't want to interact with people like that, but I'm stuck with this person for the rest of my life. Where should I go from here?

TL/DR my brother in law lied and told a sick priest that he had to do the work of two people.

Edit: additional information, BIL had 3 priests at his own wedding, including his FIL who is a church official in a congregation 4 hours away. Possible motivation here, he could have been trying to have his FIL help out with the service for some reason.

quote:

The interesting thing is, when he read my text, instead of calling my wife or responding to me, he called his mother. We also made it abundantly clear to the priest that we had no part in what happened, we talked at length about the decision to add the second priest.

quote:

Mother also remarked that when he was introduced at the reception we used his first name and never indicated that he was a doctor. Can't make this poo poo up.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006

Haifisch posted:

My [33M] brother in law [36M] manipulated the sickly priest at my wedding.

Weddings suck, if you getting married. Its stress city and skeevy family members make it even worse.

You and your wife should sign up your BIL and MIL for some Scientology readings, I hear their level is not high enough...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

in college a friend hooked me up with her weird art roomate because my friend knew she was gay and wanted me to convince her of it. so we're at weird art roomate's gallery opening for her senior thesis and it wasn't until i was 3 bloody marys in that i realized the reason all of her work was painted with the same clay-brown paint was due to her harvesting her menstrual blood to use as a medium.

the worst part of it was that despite being a senior visual arts major she didn't know composition worth poo poo. like obviously painting in monochrome is going to limit your options for illusion of depth but it was like she didn't loving care and went full half rear end cavewoman menstruating all over everything to mark it as her territory. like she picked up a book of basquiat's work and jacked his utter disdain for the formalities of the art world with none of his insight or inversion of norms.

i ended up calling her later to apologize and she helped me repair the window screen i broke. we never got really serious but she ended up writing the foreward to my first poetry chapbook before moving to Japan to work at an organic farm and dropping the gently caress off the face of the Earth.

There is a specific type of artsy hippy I have met in my life that would do that. My Smith College alarm is tripping hard.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Hey, waste not want not. Good on her for using her natural gifts to complete her work!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The medium is the menses, right?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

On another note, I think the thread's getting tetchy about age gaps, though I have to wonder given how 90% of the time it's considerably older man/younger woman there may be an aspect of 'The economy is hosed and older men are more likely to actually have a steady job and own their own home' but then again half the time they're complete mooches who sit around playing video games all day, soooooo.

how young is the girl on your pillow OP

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mameluke posted:

how young is the girl on your pillow OP

3,000 year old demon

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Her true form is an old crone so if we were a reddit post we'd basically nail every part of the age gap problem spectrum.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
It came from Ask A Manager:

my employee insinuated I was having an affair … with my husband

quote:

My husband and I work for the same mid-size government agency as senior level managers. We are in different departments, our job duties and direct colleagues/reports do not intersect, and our offices are not near each other. We have worked in the same building, and in fact on the same teams, several times throughout our marriage. Our supervisors are all aware we are married and were made so during the application processes. We both wear rings and sometimes carpool together, but have a very cordial, professional relationship while at work. I say this to mean we don’t engage in any touching or hugging, we don’t visit each other’s spaces to hang out, and while we’re both open about being married and who our spouse is if asked, we aren’t purposely calling attention to our relationship.

We have a standing lunch date once a week, when work allows. This past week, when returning from said lunch, a woman who reports to me pulled me aside. She said she thought it was inappropriate that I was going to lunch with a man, “who is also married.” She said she thought it would give the wrong impression and she was worried about my standing in the company if people got the wrong idea.

While I quickly corrected her by letting her know he is indeed my husband, and she seemed embarrassed by her error, the encounter left me a little annoyed and dismayed. Am I wrong to think she was out of line in correcting me, not just because she didn’t have all the information, but because the type of judgement she was engaging in is unfair — even if the man I was eating with wasn’t my husband?

Is it worth revisiting with her? If so, what should I say?

update: my employee insinuated I was having an affair … with my husband

quote:

Thank you for running my letter! It was very helpful to have your advice and the insight of some of your readers.

Some readers questioned whether the employee was speaking up because others were unaware of my relationship and had said something about it. I was almost positive that wasn’t the case, but just to be sure, I spoke to a few trusted colleagues up and down the chain-of-command. Everyone assured me that my original assumption was correct and that there was no gossip.

I ended up revisiting the conversation with my employee using the following script, posted by one of your readers: “I was thinking about the other day when you asked me about the lunch I had with my husband. I just wanted to make sure you know that it’s completely fine for you or anyone to have one-on-one lunches with others, whether married or not. I’ve found lunches with colleagues to be a great networking tool and I’d hate for you to miss out on that.” I absolutely loved the tone of it, which was very positive.

The employee said that she doesn’t believe socializing with the opposite sex was a requirement of her job. My response to that was, “It isn’t, but neither is policing the behavior of agency personnel. I was a little concerned that you felt the need to address something that you considered morally wrong, but had no standing to correct. I need you to make sure that you’re not allowing your personal beliefs to dictate how you handle those situations in the future. If someone’s behavior is directly affecting your ability to work, I’m happy to discuss it with you, and if necessary, address it on your behalf.”
"Men and women...socializing together. :ohdear:"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Haifisch posted:

loving Americans. In Israel you would know when two people were married or otherwise seeing each other because they'd have a healthy amount of touchy-feeliness going on, you know, the thing you Americans have a loving acronym for, ""PDA"".

No wonder you all go loving nuts as soon as you get a few cans of beer in you.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Haifisch posted:

https://youtu.be/tk1dd1D2Kts

Absurd Alhazred posted:

loving Americans. In Israel you would know when two people were married or otherwise seeing each other because they'd have a healthy amount of touchy-feeliness going on, you know, the thing you Americans have a loving acronym for, ""PDA"".

You can't have feelings on company time! That's tantamount to stealing!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The term you're looking for is 'Zero chill'.

'My co-worker made a scene at work because she saw me having a pub lunch beer yesterday, that shrew has zero loving chill.'

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
[NC and maybe SC] Wife bought me a sword cane for our 1 year anniversary. I'd like some clarification on the wording concerning knife legality.

quote:

Our One-Year Anniversary is today!
My awesome wife bought me Dr. Watson's (from the Sherlock Holmes' movies starring Robert Downey Jr.) and a black top hat. I'm a big fan of the mystery genre.
I've done some Googling, and found a nice source on the knife law for NC.
In it, it states:
(a) "It shall be unlawful for any person willfully and intentionally to carry concealed about his or her person any bowie knife, dirk, dagger, slung shot, loaded cane, metallic knuckles, razor, shuriken, stun gun, or other deadly weapon of like kind, except when the person is on the person's own premises."
Can you fine lawmen/women of Reddit help educate me on what "loaded cane" means? To me, it sounds more like something with an explosive or spring-based projectile.
I do not yet have a CCP for NC. I do have one for SC though - however, I currently reside in NC.
I guess my question is am I allowed to walk around with my cane in NC or SC?
Can I do so, if I get a CCP in NC?
Edit: Is there a better flair to mark my post with?

I'm not sure if it is worse that she bought him a sword cane and top hat for their anniversary or that he likes and is excited about this gift.

quote:

[–]GroundsKeeper2[S] 8 points 12 hours ago
Texas just amended their laws so you can open carry swords.

There can be only one.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Haifisch posted:

My neighbor's children are using a ladder to get to my pool and their parents won't do anything about it.

Pick posted:

poison the children (on their own property obviously)

Nah, plant nasty stuff on the inside of the fence - poison ivy, stinging nettle, anything with thorns. Teach those little shits a lesson.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

After about a month of complaining to HR with other female coworkers, we finally got this creepy coworker of ours unceremoniously fired! I feel like we scored one for all STEM girls in the house!

It's the regular brogrammer stuff: dude is totally socially-awkward, never talks to anyone, never smiles, when you tell him to cheer up he gets angry and gives you these silly "death stares"... This is more job-related, but he seems to be extra mean in code reviews (for those who don't know about programming, it's when a programmer "reviews" the code another programmer wrote) when the reviewee is a woman. He only talks to male coworkers, although not much, but female coworkers, he shuns. Answers in monosylabes, cuts the conversation short and in a couple of times he's been very rude when doing that.

But what really tilted the field for us was, who are acustomed to these "low-key woman-haters", was when one of my coworkers caught him reading an MRA site and making comments about how women get hired in our field only because the companies need a diversity quota. We brought this concern to HR (which has been amazing in my time here, really trying to make the whole place a welcoming one for all people and not just virgin white men) and they had a talk to him. I don't know what he said, but he ended up being fired.

(this caused an enormous shitstorm where people thought she was bullying an autistic guy out of a job. Thread got really spicy when she accused him of being a virgin. Eventually the whole thing got locked.)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

After about a month of complaining to HR with other female coworkers, we finally got this creepy coworker of ours unceremoniously fired! I feel like we scored one for all STEM girls in the house!

It's the regular brogrammer stuff: dude is totally socially-awkward, never talks to anyone, never smiles, when you tell him to cheer up he gets angry and gives you these silly "death stares"... This is more job-related, but he seems to be extra mean in code reviews (for those who don't know about programming, it's when a programmer "reviews" the code another programmer wrote) when the reviewee is a woman. He only talks to male coworkers, although not much, but female coworkers, he shuns. Answers in monosylabes, cuts the conversation short and in a couple of times he's been very rude when doing that.

But what really tilted the field for us was, who are acustomed to these "low-key woman-haters", was when one of my coworkers caught him reading an MRA site and making comments about how women get hired in our field only because the companies need a diversity quota. We brought this concern to HR (which has been amazing in my time here, really trying to make the whole place a welcoming one for all people and not just virgin white men) and they had a talk to him. I don't know what he said, but he ended up being fired.

(this caused an enormous shitstorm where people thought she was bullying an autistic guy out of a job. Thread got really spicy when she accused him of being a virgin. Eventually the whole thing got locked.)

The whole wording makes it look like bait.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

The whole wording makes it look like bait.

It was in trollxchromosomes so your belief is up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

therobit posted:

[NC and maybe SC] Wife bought me a sword cane for our 1 year anniversary. I'd like some clarification on the wording concerning knife legality.

I'm not sure if it is worse that she bought him a sword cane and top hat for their anniversary or that he likes and is excited about this gift.

There can be only one.

I don't even know what's up with that response to OP mentioning Texas. Having a sword concealed in in a cane is the exact opposite of open carry.