Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

My Target shipment is preparing to shipment, and says it's arriving by 9/28. Woooo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat my Walmart order, Arrives by Tue, Oct 3

Damnnnnn

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

While we're on this subject, may I present to you...

Hands down the best SNES controller ever made.

That d-pad is a touch-pad. Best d-pad ever made imo.
After I got this thing, my thumb never got sore once.

I have one of these and hate it. It does exactly what it says it's supposed to do, but in practice that means it's basically like trying to play one of those emulators for phones that use a crappy on-screen virtual d-pad with zero feedback. Since you have to physically move your thumb all over the place instead of just leaving it in the center of d-pad, it's ends up being way more strain too so it's basically pointless.

I kept it around for one very specific purpose: controlling the second player in Kirby Super Star with my feet while I simultaneously controlled Kirby with a regular controller.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
Still gonna hold out and wait patiently for the 8bitdo SN30 Pro. I already have their NES Classic receivers which should very well be compatible with the SNES Classic too

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0748S1VDC

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I just use a long HDMI cable and set up the system on a table behind my couch, so the standard controller cord length isn't an issue.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I have 2 turbo SNES controllers.

This has a slow button on the back but it's just turbo-start. L and R turbo switches are on the top. It's a drat fine controller. But I rarely need turbo.

This one is CRAZY wide. I never use it because I need individual turbo the few times I use it.

I also have this wireless classic controller. That i bought for like :10bux: to use for SNES games on the NES Classic.

On hakchi the big L and R buttons do nothing, and the smaller inside ones work as L and R. I took everything that used more than Dpad + 4 buttons off my NES Classic so here's hoping the buttons work proper with the SNES classic. It'll probably end up player 2 either way if I can get ahold of one of those Hori pads.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Just checked the inventory of all the local Targets near me and most have 40-60 units each. The NES classic by comparison had 8-12, and that was at the bigger stores during particularly "generous" shipments. This should be so much smoother.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Good soup! posted:

drat my Walmart order, Arrives by Tue, Oct 3

Damnnnnn

Wal-Mart told me my sonic mania preorder would arrive in the middle of October but I actually got it the day after release. Sometimes they're estimations are...off.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/912671974677032960

Back up go go go

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Got one, thanks!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
...Wait, did I even want one?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Yeah Modus I'm with you.

I just purchased one because I want a wireless controller and I see people losing their poo poo over them. I'd assume they feel pretty comfy? Never had a six button controller like that back in the day.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It's designed for fighting games like Street Fighter 2. Not sure if it'd be useful for other genres.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
just got a mail from a major retailer here in Sweden that I've one of the lucky to recieve one in the first batch :unsmith:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
My SNES (via Target) shipped this morning. Good on them for not loving around with the pre-orders that went through.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

ProjektorBoy posted:

Still gonna hold out and wait patiently for the 8bitdo SN30 Pro. I already have their NES Classic receivers which should very well be compatible with the SNES Classic too

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0748S1VDC

Purchased one for my Switch, just going with the standard SFC30 for the SNES CE though since I won't need the second triggers or the analog sticks. Already use a standard SFC30 with my Retron5 and they are nice.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just found out this morning that my Wife needs to take the dog to the vet on Friday morning, so I'm stuck at home while she does that, and my pre-order was cleverly made at the GameStop in the mall near my work. :sigh:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I just found out this morning that my Wife needs to take the dog to the vet on Friday morning, so I'm stuck at home while she does that, and my pre-order was cleverly made at the GameStop in the mall near my work. :sigh:

Why do you need to stay home while she's out?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

Why do you need to stay home while she's out?

Some kind of complicated dom/sub fetish play.

Either that or a baby.

(Take the baby to GameStop.)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

hcreight posted:

My SNES (via Target) shipped this morning. Good on them for not loving around with the pre-orders that went through.

Mine still says preparing for shipment and arriving OCT 4th-10th :(

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Yeah, my Walmart order is still set for 10/6. The GameStop order is set for 9/29, but I haven't gotten any updates and I haven't been charged yet. So I have no idea if it'll actually happen. If it does, my coworker has already said she wants it and will just pay me back.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Which wireless controller is best for this thing? I ordered that fight pad but if something out there is probably better then I'm cool with cancelling and finding something else.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anything with a "Wii Classic Controller" dongle will work, although the Hori pad is hands-down the cheapest of these with the right number of buttons. Alternatively there's the 8bitdo pads but those are proper Bluetooth controllers and carry a higher price (the dongle you'd need is sold separately from the pad itself, too).

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Which wireless controller is best for this thing? I ordered that fight pad but if something out there is probably better then I'm cool with cancelling and finding something else.

No one has used the Hori pad, but they are known for quality stuff (try finding their GC or N64 controllers these days for cheap). 8bitdo is proven, but we don't know how the NES CE dongle will work with the SNES CE yet (and when I emailed 8bitdo a month or so ago, they didn't either, though they will probably release a firmware update to make it work).

Extension cables for the stock controllers are probably the most reliable at this point until others are tested.

Also depends on what you like in a controller, some people like different button feel than others, especially with the d-pad.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Morby posted:

Yeah, my Walmart order is still set for 10/6. The GameStop order is set for 9/29, but I haven't gotten any updates and I haven't been charged yet. So I have no idea if it'll actually happen. If it does, my coworker has already said she wants it and will just pay me back.

I called GameStop to check on expedited shipping and was told both of my orders are backordered. According to them, that's normal and they should still ship out by this Friday.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I did notice mine went back to "arriving by Tue., Oct 10th" on their tracking page, but I'm hoping that's meaningless.

Maybe you're closer to a distribution center so they're waiting a little to ship yours?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Huxley posted:

Some kind of complicated dom/sub fetish play.

Either that or a baby.

(Take the baby to GameStop.)

Something much more inane I'm sorry, we own 1 car. She works from home 90% of the time, and I work from home the one day she goes in. We're both programmers so it works out.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Something much more inane I'm sorry, we own 1 car. She works from home 90% of the time, and I work from home the one day she goes in. We're both programmers so it works out.

get a bike

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Walk / Run

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Uber, or drop her off at the vet, go get the SNES CE and then pick her up

If it was anyone other than Gamestop I would say just wait, but they are not trustworthy with holding on to pre-orders.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

get your wife a bike

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

FireMrshlBill posted:

Uber, or drop her off at the vet, go get the SNES CE and then pick her up

If it was anyone other than Gamestop I would say just wait, but they are not trustworthy with holding on to pre-orders.

I don't live in a city, so there is no Uber in rurual New Hampshire.

As for a bike, again I don't live in a city, and I'm not riding my bike an hour+ down the highway to work.

We are looking into buying a truck, but the last truck we bought we paid 3k to a private party and had to immediately turn around and offload it for little more than scrap as it had huge rust issues that we didn't know about. >_> A cool $2200 tossed in a fire.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MarcusSA posted:

Walk / Run

Run Drowning Rabbit, run all the way home!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Drowning Rabbit posted:

We are looking into buying a truck, but the last truck we bought we paid 3k to a private party and had to immediately turn around and offload it for little more than scrap as it had huge rust issues that we didn't know about. >_> A cool $2200 tossed in a fire.

Sue the seller. Buy more SNES classic minis

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Just got an email from FNAC saying my package is on its way.

Bonne nouvelle FireMrshlBill, Votre colis est en route.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
If I don't get shipping updates, I am 90% sure I'm taking Thursday and Friday off so at the very least I can scout my local stores and score one that way.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Will the SNES controller work on the NES Classic? I've got too many piling up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FireMrshlBill posted:

Just got an email from FNAC saying my package is on its way.

Bonne nouvelle FireMrshlBill, Votre colis est en route.

Same - woohoo!! :D

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Are any of you poor dumb jabronies like me and failed to get a preorder? I'm planning to go to a local Best Buy Friday morning to try and get one but I don't have much faith that it will work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Are any of you poor dumb jabronies like me and failed to get a preorder? I'm planning to go to a local Best Buy Friday morning to try and get one but I don't have much faith that it will work out.

I'm popping by my local Walmart before work. If they don't have any, I'll just check once a week till I get one.