Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

Lion's Pirate Pummel is a pentabreak if you have it; it's her Ultra. She can't use Full Break though, you're right.

I'm suddenly incredibly glad I pulled it on my 6* Lucky draw.

drat shame it's pretty much my only FFXI relic aside from a few SSBs and Shantotto's chain, though. JS 300 will be awkward with just that. Wish I had the ridiculous FFXI loadout my JP account seems to have accumulated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KataraniSword posted:

I'm suddenly incredibly glad I pulled it on my 6* Lucky draw.

drat shame it's pretty much my only FFXI relic aside from a few SSBs and Shantotto's chain, though. JS 300 will be awkward with just that. Wish I had the ridiculous FFXI loadout my JP account seems to have accumulated.

I think Lion's USB is the only thing I'm missing of hers. I have more Lion stuff than other FFXI stuff combined; I have Curilla's SSB along with Shantotto's SSB1 and Chain, but I still couldn't manage that one.

She's pretty solid. I've gotten a lot of use out of her BSB; too bad it (and all of her SBs, honestly) are going to be pretty bad in Magicite dungeons due to the worthlessness of breaks.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pander posted:

Jesus I really don't want to have to reference charts like that to make the most out of my stupid phone game.

I gave up bothering with MP apoc fights for a long time there due to lovely connection on my androids, so I missed out on a shitton of 4* motes. I'm super-hurting for basically everything except bravery 4* motes.

I feel you. This game gets really awkward if you skip out of endgame content for a while; I'm in this weird middle ground right now where I can blow through like 140-180 stuff without even thinking, usually do pretty well even with like singleplayer Apoc's, but poo poo like Magicite bosses completely and totally floor me. I'm really hurting for lack of any good legend materia - I literally haven't dove anyone to their LM1 - because while I can afford to dive a few people, the people I want to dive or have a ton of relics for still don't have their good endgame stuff. I've got no Cloud USB, really no USBs for anybody, barely any BSB2s either. Just a whole lot of mostly-dated BSBs and plain OSBs.

I'm real far behind on 4* motes, and I've had poo poo loving luck overall with pulls for the last six months - doing stuff like striking out with nothing but a Gladio LM on the FF15 pull I did, or a Golbez cloak on the Edge/Rubi one - which is making it hard for me to feel a sense of progress.

EDIT: VVV just reroll 30 pulls until you get like a 6/30 or better with some killer poo poo in it or stuff for people you like yeah

Baku fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 26, 2017

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

here is what i have.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I think some people here have said Iris' BSB is good, but I don't have any experience with it.
Iris BSB has a Cura-strength entry, while most others have Curaga-strength entries, but Iris' entry also gives bubble and Astra. I think the commands are the standard instant Curaja + medica.

Also, moogles.

Inverse posted:

just getting into this game, have an ancient account should i just re roll till i get a completely busted roll on the 30x?
hi inverse also yeah I would reroll, unless you're super attached to Agrias and Fujin

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

iPodschun posted:

hi inverse also yeah I would reroll, unless you're super attached to Agrias and Fujin
whats the holy grail of this gatcha?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Inverse posted:

whats the holy grail of this gatcha?

For the 30 you're probably looking for a decent OSB/USB and any relevant BSBs. There's dozens of them so just post what you get and we will decide your fate for you~

ANOTHER QUESTION TIME:

For Edge/Shadow USBs, do you want to stick them in a Physical or Magic party for Boostga reasons?

Or do you want to build a party specifically around them?

ie how the hell do you work their poo poo, this is important because I'm about to pull 4 times on Shadow 1.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

is burst or overstrike the best?

worth keeping?

Inverse fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 26, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Burst and Overstrike are different, both with useful situations. I think you got hooped that pull though and you might want to reroll, but I'm not 100% sure.

...did you get an SBless relic???

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ceaselessfuture posted:

For the 30 you're probably looking for a decent OSB/USB and any relevant BSBs. There's dozens of them so just post what you get and we will decide your fate for you~

ANOTHER QUESTION TIME:

For Edge/Shadow USBs, do you want to stick them in a Physical or Magic party for Boostga reasons?

Or do you want to build a party specifically around them?

ie how the hell do you work their poo poo, this is important because I'm about to pull 4 times on Shadow 1.

The skills that power the ninja murderers are physical so you want to give them physical support or entrusts. They can do the murdering on their own well enough

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ceaselessfuture posted:

Burst and Overstrike are different, both with useful situations. I think you got hooped that pull though and you might want to reroll, but I'm not 100% sure.

...did you get an SBless relic???

That's his 'baby's first 5*'

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That's his 'baby's first 5*'

Ah gotcha.

And perfect, PHY is exactly what I wanted to hear. May RNGsus have mercy on my poor soul.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Pulled twice and I'm gonna call it.

6/22 Shadow BSB, SSB; Setzer BSB, Death Tarot, 2x Snow Scarf.

Second pull was a scarf and Setzer SSB so I'm regretting going back for another try.

How good is Shadow with just his BSB? He still seems pretty potent with just that at least!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I think Shadow's BSB is near the top for physical DPS just because of how fast you can spam it, but then again there's probably been a ton of crazy poo poo that has come out since the last time I looked at that ranking list.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Ultimately I just needed a decent option for Ninja magic usage, so I think this'll do me just fine. Still need to hope for good USBs from the fest banners though.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I think Shadow's BSB is near the top for physical DPS just because of how fast you can spam it, but then again there's probably been a ton of crazy poo poo that has come out since the last time I looked at that ranking list.

Shadow BSB is definitely a great BSB, and it'll do a fine job.

But also yeah, we're rapidly moving towards the skill based meta, where hones, USB's and Legend Materia reign supreme.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

As far as I've seen, the BSB's future use will be just for enelement, especially when those new abilities get a buff. You don't really even need the USB as much anymore.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Reroll again in my opinion. To answer the question though bursts tend to be more important than overstrikes unless you get something like TG Cid's OSB which has game changing effects on a character's damage and/or utility. What you have there is usable but you could get way better stuff if you are just rerolling over and over.

E: forgot to refresh page sorry.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

In other news, I've been tracking my Roulette pulls and either I'm lucky or they're more plentiful than you might think. After 1.5 days of cleaning out the dailies, I've completed 221/1032 pulls.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

joined the discord group and they said this roll was really good and kept.

thanks everyone

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

yeah that's loving amazing

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does anyone know if completed cid mission rewards expire or disappear for any reason? If not I was just planning on using it to bank Magicite keystones

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does anyone know if completed cid mission rewards expire or disappear for any reason? If not I was just planning on using it to bank Magicite keystones

I'm not 100% sure if they disappear; if they do, it'd probably be on a 30 day timer similar to how the inbox works.

That said, I can confirm that they do not disappear when the CM ends, if you've completed them.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Inverse posted:

joined the discord group and they said this roll was really good and kept.

thanks everyone

A lot of these are good but not exciting, except for that Metamorphosis Claw which will loving carry you forever. That's a keeper.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

That's a good pull and some of those relics like porom's feathered cap will remain useful as stat sticks. I use that all the time on non synergy stuff because I don't have anything else that has as much MND on it for my healers unless they have a relic that gives them a synergy boost, and non synergy content is becoming far more relevant these days.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ZiegeDame posted:

A lot of these are good but not exciting, except for that Metamorphosis Claw which will loving carry you forever. That's a keeper.

Randabis posted:

That's a good pull and some of those relics like porom's feathered cap will remain useful as stat sticks. I use that all the time on non synergy stuff because I don't have anything else that has as much MND on it for my healers unless they have a relic that gives them a synergy boost, and non synergy content is becoming far more relevant these days.

Between Aphmau BSB (when they can actually get Aphmau... HoR update when???), Raines/Desch bursts, and Tyro's shiny new USB2, they have the core of a mage team that can more or less carry them through every last realm dungeon, if they were so interested.

Could probably clear a decent chunk of Ultimates with it, too, though U++ and beyond would probably be more reliant on levels/hones/RMs.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
what in the gently caress is with this Jump Start

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ceaselessfuture posted:

In other news, I've been tracking my Roulette pulls and either I'm lucky or they're more plentiful than you might think. After 1.5 days of cleaning out the dailies, I've completed 221/1032 pulls.

I think you're very lucky. I've put all my stamina into the fest except for 38 to do the Tyro USB dungeon and new MP, and I've gotten 5 sets of knights, all of whom dropped the minimum 1300 chips, so I've gotten 65 items.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shock Trooper posted:

what in the gently caress is with this Jump Start

Exceedingly simple with the right setup.

I had fully dived Vaan with BSB, using Cloud USB. Supported by Ramza with Shout + Chant, and more importantly Relm USB and Noctis SSB feeding the party 6 instant actions.

Goddess didn't even get to use her scripted attacks. :getin:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Coming up to having 100 spirit/wis motes which means it's time to dive a mage probably, help me make a decision goons

My current mage dives are Y'sh and Raines, they were absolute no-brainers since I have their poo poo

I have Ace and Shantotto fully 4* dived and awaiting the treatment

Ace: SSB, BSB, USB, LMR

Shantotto: SSB, BSB, LCSB, looking to get her USB on banner 4 while I chase Rikku USB :shepspends:

Pros of Ace: Great for speed clears, will let me consistently sub 30 Sea Lion for those delicious major ice orbs, I have R3 chain firaga and R3 meltdown/R3 valigarmanda
Cons of Ace: No doublecast/trance effects, just speed and damage

Pros of Shantotto: Trance is a cool effect, ninja casting speed, doublecast witch, ohohoho
Cons of Shantotto: Will murder my orb stash honing witch abilities to R5, takes a fair bit of setup to get rolling with trance/USB

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 26, 2017

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Attestant posted:

Exceedingly simple with the right setup.

Yeah I guess Cloud RW was the way to go, as usual. I tried something else and it didn't work, and I stupidly forgot to bring sleep resist accessories and saw 3/5 of the party take a nap. Seemed kinda mean to use that immediately after 30-second Doom on a boss where you can't dispel her defense buffs.

Don't forget the Sleep resist accessories, folks.

(I've wanted to fully dive Vaan, but I feel like he wouldn't reach his full potential without USB. I mean, you can still get some pretty good DPS after Cloud USB , especially in a Jump Start where you can just spam BSB one after another while the damage boost is still active. But...)

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

What banners should I focus on as a person playing catch-up after not playing seriously for a while.

My A team right now is
Onion Knight BSB
Minfillia SSB (the last stand one)
Tifa USB/BSB
Yuffie USB
Rosa SSB (Magic blink)

I think I've got the makings of good fire, holy, and dark teams too, but I haven't even come close to clearing a magacite dungeon.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Beasteh posted:

Coming up to having 100 spirit/wis motes which means it's time to dive a mage probably, help me make a decision goons

My current mage dives are Y'sh and Raines, they were absolute no-brainers since I have their poo poo

I have Ace and Shantotto fully 4* dived and awaiting the treatment

Ace: SSB, BSB, USB, LMR

Shantotto: SSB, BSB, LCSB, looking to get her USB on banner 4 while I chase Rikku USB :shepspends:

Pros of Ace: Great for speed clears, will let me consistently sub 30 Sea Lion for those delicious major ice orbs, I have R3 chain firaga and R3 meltdown/R3 valigarmanda
Cons of Ace: No doublecast/trance effects, just speed and damage

Pros of Shantotto: Trance is a cool effect, ninja casting speed, doublecast witch, ohohoho
Cons of Shantotto: Will murder my orb stash honing witch abilities to R5, takes a fair bit of setup to get rolling with trance/USB

Further Cons to Shantotto (Or at least to chasing her USB): No more Witch abilities, ever.Trance is great for speed clears but not something to depend on for stuff like MP. Witch abilities don't even get buffs.

Ace is probably the better long-term option unless you already have a fantastic magic Lightning team to exploit Shan's CSB. Chain Firaga/Meltdown only get better, but the skills Shan's dive/USB hinge on are exactly what you see right here, right now.

Jose Valasquez posted:

What banners should I focus on as a person playing catch-up after not playing seriously for a while.

My A team right now is
Onion Knight BSB
Minfillia SSB (the last stand one)
Tifa USB/BSB
Yuffie USB
Rosa SSB (Magic blink)

I think I've got the makings of good fire, holy, and dark teams too, but I haven't even come close to clearing a magacite dungeon.

Honestly, any of the banners will do you good, depending on what dupes you have. You already have the cornerstones (OK BSB + Minfilia SSB is two stacking boostgas and a hastega, Rosa SSB is almost as good as her USB, only lacking the instant cast to make it amazing) so basically anything you slot in will be solid.

Overall, I figure banner 3 has the highest highs, between Cloud and Squall's stuff (though Zidane USB is no slouch at all), though there's arguments to be made for 2, 4, and 5 too. The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that banner 1 is probably a decent "pass" for you; you already have OK BSB, so you've got the best item on the banner.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 26, 2017

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shock Trooper posted:

(I've wanted to fully dive Vaan, but I feel like he wouldn't reach his full potential without USB. I mean, you can still get some pretty good DPS after Cloud USB , especially in a Jump Start where you can just spam BSB one after another while the damage boost is still active. But...)

He does ok, even with just BSB. Instant actions and stackable breaks are still good. But then I wouldn't BSB dive him without a really good dagger. I have Bartz's knife, so I have an universal 195 attack dagger that I can use with his LM1.

It's definitely not full potential, but it still shits out impressive damage. (About 35k per BSB hit, 60k Mug Bloodlust.)

But my real MVP was Noctis and his SSB. He enables absurd speed.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 27, 2017

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

When would this gem-only banner be, or is it not happening?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

bilperkins2 posted:

Crystal Tower is after the 5 banners I believe.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The gem only draw is pretty late in the event, after everything else iirc. Still gonna be a while.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

iamsosmrt posted:

As far as I've seen, the BSB's future use will be just for enelement, especially when those new abilities get a buff. You don't really even need the USB as much anymore.

To further drive this point home they've had battles in JP in which the SB gauge is disabled.

Every SB with an en-element certainly will gain a second wind be it BSB or SSB or even Unique. Although BSBs are the best of the bunch not only because you can extend hones if needed but because it has the +20% stats attached to burst mode.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Jump Start battles are the most fun I think. Mainly because I can pull off the ridiculous Lucky Stars/Meteor Shots/Ultra Cross Slash/Cloud Cycle combo really easily. Add an extra Wind Burst and things just eat poo poo. Resist all elements this, you rear end in a top hat.

Anyway, guess I should make a start on some anniversary dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

bilperkins2 posted:

Gem draw is tomorrow

• Locked thread