Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

But where does the Clevin go? I'm paralyzed.
'Go'? He is everywhere. Everyone. Everything.

We are all Clevin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i categorically refuse

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Wonder why Incy chose this dumb moment to show his hand and bodysurf, if that's what happened. Probably not worth getting on The Rising King's shitlist just to walk through a (screaming, chewing) door.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Doesn't he have some kind of plot related to Elephant Helmet's forthcoming rampage? Like he's trying to off some if the other demiurges himself for ~reasons~

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

wonder who's speaking

Red eyes says it's Incubus.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Rhaka posted:

Wonder why Incy chose this dumb moment to show his hand and bodysurf, if that's what happened. Probably not worth getting on The Rising King's shitlist just to walk through a (screaming, chewing) door.
Allison was going to gently caress up Cio's plan, and he needs Cio to put Allison in the same room as Mammon so he can push her towards killing him or something.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhaka posted:

He's playing the part of David Bowie in this labyrinth.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Don't get lost.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Are they going to magic dance through this part?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

PMush Perfect posted:

'Go'? He is everywhere. Everyone. Everything. We are all Clevin.
Is this what happens when you lose your AT field

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I like how aspects of the Chand Baori stepwell made it into the design.

At the same time I think my only disappointment is that one of the orange pillars doesn't further break 3-dimensional geometry by simultaneously having paths go both in front and behind it.

That's how they get ya. There's a ton of paths like that but not near the pillars. Seemingly.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I was like "eh, just run along the edge of the wall the whole way down." Then you look again and that's probably not the best strategy

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If there's not a real cool scene that takes place where a pillar crumbled and caved in a long row of rooms, I will be v disappointed

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Getting a real vaporwave vibe from this

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
in other operant news, he made a giant mech rpg:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/912412449499889664

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
how many unwilling dupes do i have to feed to my mech to disengage the parking brake

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

how many unwilling dupes do i have to feed to my mech to disengage the parking brake
Out of context, this sounds like a dril tweet.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Grognan posted:

Getting a real vaporwave vibe from this

Are you ready for some GROFIT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76pK9G8CVP0

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Where is the Clevin rpg

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
It's a LARP and you're living it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Titanfall 6000000000 jokes aside, I wonder what it'd take to adapt this to Brigador.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Huh. I wonder whether it will be closer to Mechwarrior or Mekton (which itself is 1/3 mech and 2/3 anime)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

It's a LARP and you're living it.

CLARP

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bell_ posted:

Huh. I wonder whether it will be closer to Mechwarrior or Mekton (which itself is 1/3 mech and 2/3 anime)
Or Heavy Gear, which is 2/3 mech and 1/3 anime.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PMush Perfect posted:

Heavy Gear was so rad, but I only played it because I was a child with nothing but time to learn the insanely convoluted control scheme.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Heavy Gear was so rad, but I only played it because I was a child with nothing but time to learn the insanely convoluted control scheme.
The tabletop game is actually pretty decent. Like Battletech Lite. (Though I've only played 2e. No experience with 3e.)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Meanwhile, KUNG FU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Leisure Kicks was pretty good in Age of Wushu

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Do you think your Wu-Tang sword can defeat me?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

why would you use a kicking style when you have four arms??
Or are the kicks leisurely because you have four arms to do all the work.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can't tell is "Leisure Kicks Style" is a real style or if White Chain is just talking poo poo.

I don't know which I prefer.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

aegof posted:

Why would you use a kicking style when you have four arms??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUczpTPATyU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

It's me, the Head of John practitioner

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Isn't that what Allison used?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Holy poo poo was Operant a Wushu goon?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm the

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

It's me, the Head of John practitioner

poo poo gently caress

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I put my vote in for Patram Sword Hand, who needs hands when you can have swords, who needs swords when you can have hands.

Also, is it just me or are the Throne glyphs in White Chain's speech bubble less weird and more kanji-adjacent than previous glyphs? It might just be a stylistic nod to wuxia.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Pavlov posted:

Holy poo poo was Operant a Wushu goon?

This was my first thought as well.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

This was my first thought as well.

Oh gosh I hope so.

If only because we might see "Hurled Bottle of Goon Sweat" Kung Fu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bell_ posted:

PMush Perfect posted:

I've been reading through this since it was released. As unhelpful as it may be, what it's closest to is "a mech game co-authored by the guy who writes K6BD." It doesn't have the anachronistic feudalism and barbarian hordes of Mechwarrior, it doesn't seem very "hotblooded anime protagonist shouting at the top of his lungs" though I guess there's nothing really stopping you from doing that, and it's not as generic grunt-y as Heavy Gear or VOTOMS which inspired it, mech pilots aren't just regular soldiers driving specialized IFVs, they're explicitly called out as being a cut above everybody else. It's a bit Titanfall by way of Warframe really...the setting is the year 5000-something, people are spread throughout the galaxy in a vast interstellar network linked by jumpgates, material capitalism is more or less extinct due to a practically limitless ability to find new sources of raw materials and so the major currency is based on data (insert bitcoin joke here), and AI is commonplace enough to stick in your mech as a subsystem but at the same time it probably hates you and your disgusting meat-body so better keep it shackled. Mech construction takes the form of various 3-D printer licenses, you never have to worry about where you'll get a replacement if your mech gets blown up, you can just print a new one and customize it with whichever systems you have licenses for.

It shows a lot of promise and I'm very interested to see where it goes. My primary critical feedback thus far is that a lot of the information in the document is kind of scattered all over the place and requires a lot of flipping back and forth...I couldn't figure out how drones worked in combat until I came across the rules allllllllll the way in the back in the appendix...and there's some standardization of terminology to be done that I actually already emailed Operant about and got a very prompt and helpful explanation about (thanks Operant). It's definitely still an early release but I'm very excited to see it get refined (and illustrated of course).