Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Or you could just use the skip scene function. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminated Rodent
Oct 28, 2010
And NOT use this golden opportunity to complain on the internet? Where's the fun in that? :confused:

Edit: Voice acting seems a lot better post-ARR.

Illuminated Rodent fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 26, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Illuminated Rodent posted:

And NOT use this golden opportunity to complain on the internet? Where's the fun in that? :confused:

Edit: Voice acting seems a lot better post-ARR.

Getting used to new Alphi was really weird

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Late but I can't stand playing DRGs in dungeons because their aoe rotation is kind of dull. I leveled a BLM specifically for 4-mans and it's basically the best thing.

But what I really wanted to say was, if you turn off auto facing when using an ability, those frontal cone abilities are a lot easier to aim and don't get messed up by tanks. Of course, you probably lose some GCD's elsewhere. I have a love/hate relationship with that setting.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Here's my new tank glam, if we are showing off characters. :)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I watched the whole credits because I liked the music :shobon:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am a dragongirl and I like to punch things.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
I made a post with pictures of my job glamours earlier, then I got bored and fantasia'd to the single rarest race/clan/gender combination in the game. I think the female Duskwight players (all 1.3% of the game's population according to the last Reddit poll I could find) just didn't want people to find out how absurdly photogenic they are.

I might have to fiddle with some of the aesthetician stuff like blush and lip color a little bit, but other than that HOW IS SHE SO PERFECT

also I got a bit carried away and took some pictures at the baths in Kugane, which are here if you're bored

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 26, 2017

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I made a post with pictures of my job glamours earlier, then I got bored and fantasia'd to the single rarest race/clan/gender combination in the game. I think the female Duskwight players (all 1.3% of the game's population according to the last Reddit poll I could find) just didn't want people to find out how absurdly photogenic they are.

Welcome to the Unicorn club. Also I straight up stole your tank glam. I'm not sorry.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

How do we know these duskwight pictures aren't just a picture of one duskwight fantasiaing to fool us into thinking there's more than one.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Which group should I be trying to join? Are there descriptions somewhere?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

Which group should I be trying to join? Are there descriptions somewhere?

Is this about Grand Companies or Free Companies? I can only help with the former.

Maelstrom: PIRATES
Adders: ???
Flames: ???

The choice is ultimately up to you though! It only affects what team you'll PVP with and what equipment you can unlock through ranking up with them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fister Roboto posted:

Agreed but they should have kept ring of thorns instead.

Arguably a greater loss than fracture.

All ring of thorns was really good for was letting you know if you hit the flank right on heavy thrust. Bad DPS would just spam it during aoe when they should have been spamming doom spike. Phlebotomize is the real thing I miss.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Sorry, I meant Free Companies. There are three listed in the OP. I'm a filthy casual so I don't know if that's ok. In some games they're not allowed in goon groups.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
All three FCs will welcome you with open arms. DGKK is the anime FC, TPT has a lot of newbies and a beach house, and PBC is the original goon FC and filled with all the old people.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Isn't TPT going to abandon the beach house?

I can confirm the old people thing, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

orcane posted:

Isn't TPT going to abandon the beach house?

I can confirm the old people thing, though.

I do believe the plan is to move to Kugane.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is this about Grand Companies or Free Companies? I can only help with the former.

Adders:

The choice is ultimately up to you though! It only affects what team you'll PVP with and what equipment you can unlock through ranking up with them.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Rhymenoserous posted:

If you are on excal get a group of goons to run you through them and funnel tokens to you. I'd be more than happy to help.

All four would take like an hour. If that.

I should, but I figured I'd try the first one out and my RDM queue popped instantly last night, so I just jumped in. I'm loving the FF5 aesthetic. I'll try and round some people up this week to at least get the next three down the first time. That way, I'm set for when O5 comes out. There's still a lot I have left to do at end game. I mostly just like to run dungeons, and I've been casually trying to level gathering and crafting.

I got to do a bunch of Canals last night, so thanks to the extra goons who came along. :3:

Mr. Nice! posted:

I do believe the plan is to move to Kugane.

My hope was always that the three FCs would all move to Shirogane and take up one entire corner of the same housing district, or three of the mansions and then we'd all hang out in the middle. The Goon District.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

*slowly raises hand shakily* u-umm we're still here in the goon FC on omega oh god i'm so sorryi'll be quiet now

Illuminated Rodent
Oct 28, 2010
Omega is the best server. It's so much easier to not stand in the bad than on Excal.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Illuminated Rodent posted:

So I just wrapped up ARR and my God who thought it was a good idea to put a credit roll in the game as a cut scene after the game had already had a credit roll earlier in the MSQ. I guess they were *REALLY* proud they unfucked 1.0.

Legitimately, they are REALLY proud they unfucked 1.0. They are very proud of this fact. I mean, they should be, considering how bad 1.0 was and how much if a money sink it became for the company. If u don't know all the stuff that went down, noclip and Speakers Network both have great documentaries on the fall of 1.0 and how 2.0 came about. They're really fascinating, if only to reminisce about how bad 1.0 was.

I'm Knives Jonquil from PBC and I have friends in all three goon free companies. I don't wanna recommend any over each other because each one is just a different flavor of chill. I'd probably regularly switch between the three for a change of pace if it weren't for the fact that I'm nicely settled in PBC's house. But basically, don't over think things and don't worry about choosing the 'right' FC. Everyone is generally very helpful.

Come 4.1 I am very much looking forward to running new players through Crystal Tower and the Mhach content. It will be nice to have more chances to 24-man raid again, as that's often my favorite content when with cool people. Full goon raids are a blast and very chill.

I'm curious to see what adjustments they have planned for MSQ Roulette, however... I like speed running those, but the way they exist now sucks for new players. I hope they make it more friendly for New Adventurers.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So what has changed with Scholar healing since SB's launch? I've still got one at level 35 that i think i'm leveling next in addition to DRG.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

*slowly raises hand shakily* u-umm we're still here in the goon FC on omega oh god i'm so sorryi'll be quiet now

Yep, well worth remembering that there's an EU FC called Please Calm Down. Maybe one day they'll re-open transfers to Omega :argh:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Adders: ???

Another note on the equipment. The flames get a cool longcoat for hitting lieutenant, the adders get a boring coat I can't remember, and maelstrom gets a sweet jacket.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So what has changed with Scholar healing since SB's launch? I've still got one at level 35 that i think i'm leveling next in addition to DRG.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
Edit: I'm dumb and misread the post. SCH got a lot better after they were buffed a bit and got miasma 2 but given a choice between all three healers, I still take WHM in to df when I have to heal.

hihifellow fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 26, 2017

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

:agreed:

My highlady looks like she could be Fordola's older sister. This is my personal headcanon.

My character looks like Tataru's brother. :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hra Mormo posted:

Only thing better than a highgal is a MCH highgal.

:agreed: If I wasn't at work right now I'd actually take a screenshot of mine!

Also holy poo poo how did I not know that dyes also color the aether pack?! :aaaaa:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm at work so no cool pose, but I really like my glamour so I'm posting it anyway.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So if i use a fantasia, am i able to mess around with what my character looks like and then decide against it? Or am i pretty much stuck into changing once i use it? Still kinda on the fence of changing to either catgirl or maybe High lady after seeing all these beautiful glamors in the thread :v: going from a midlander btw

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Yes you can decide later, it will sit on your character selection screen until you want to use it.

e: casting a vote for catgirl. I went from a midlander and the quality of catgirl poses and animations blew my mind

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

hihifellow posted:

Edit: I'm dumb and misread the post. SCH got a lot better after they were buffed a bit and got miasma 2 but given a choice between all three healers, I still take WHM in to df when I have to heal.

:same:

I'm leveling AST from 60 now. I like AST a lot, and overall I like it more than SB SCH, but WHM is just on another level for the stuff I'm doing (almost everything except ~challenging group content~). For a start, I have AoE in level 50 dungeons, and part of my mana regen isn't tied to card RNG.

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

a kitten posted:

I'm at work so no cool pose, but I really like my glamour so I'm posting it anyway.

Also at work, but wanted to get on the glamour sharing train.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

orcane posted:

I'm leveling AST from 60 now. I like AST a lot, and overall I like it more than SB SCH, but WHM is just on another level for the stuff I'm doing (almost everything except ~challenging group content~). For a start, I have AoE in level 50 dungeons, and part of my mana regen isn't tied to card RNG.

You can do some clutch healing with light speed and buff a tank for days with time dilation so you can spend more time dpsing and the spell effects look neat but I was so done with AST once I hit 70 with it. You lose so many important abilities doing lldr and 56dr tosses you in to 50 dungeons often so no AOE for you!

Didn't help that it was my last healer job to 70.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In terms of fun to play SCH > WHM > AST, in terms of feeling like a tiny god in dungeons WHM > SCH > AST, in terms of pretty pretty spell effects AST > WHM > SCH.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like AST :(

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So if i use a fantasia, am i able to mess around with what my character looks like and then decide against it? Or am i pretty much stuck into changing once i use it? Still kinda on the fence of changing to either catgirl or maybe High lady after seeing all these beautiful glamors in the thread :v: going from a midlander btw

Basically using a fantasia enables an option at character select screen to re-edit your look as if creating a new character. The option only disappears once you confirm your new look.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

GentlemanGiant posted:

Also at work, but wanted to get on the glamour sharing train.

What body gear is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Arist posted:

I like AST :(

Space mage best mage.