Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

v excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
So, with what information has come to light, I think what I told Ramadu shortly after the first AoA patch hit is most likely what's going to happen:

The patch was split in order to change the timing of future patches. This is likely because Marbu knows what backlash would happen if the AoA were a full patch in early September, and then the next patch was late October because

The next patch will be Thor Ragnarok. I was fairly certain a full on ABC Inhumans patch wasn't going to happen, and Marbu/Marvel tend to want movie related stuff to happen as close to movie release as possible. This will be a late October release as most Marvel movies come out a week earlier outside the U.S. (Nov 3rd in the U.S. in this case.)

And then who knows what will happen late November/December. I just thought this was relevant with the info that Inumans may have already been cancelled. And to be fair, that may be why they decided to split the AoA patch in the first place, because Marvel told all the games to kill any ABC Inhumans updates. But who knows?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

smart thinking, could be

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Applying to goon alliances as sakeyake. Have pity on a FF guppy.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sakeyake, join Marble Hebrons.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I finally beat the new Shadowlands! What a fucken drag. Won't be going past 20 or 21 in the future (which ever gives the pair of 6* enhance ISO's) They really kind of blow at giving end game rewards for really tough end game content.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

T2ed Cyclops and got Jean Grey today! Think I'm going to need her to get Cable. I got the 30 second mission with Wolverine but can't come close to the 15.

Unfortunately my phone has gone to poo poo quite suddenly so I'm just trying to use tickets to keep my daily stuff going until I get my new phone on Wednesday.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

T2ed Cyclops and got Jean Grey today! Think I'm going to need her to get Cable. I got the 30 second mission with Wolverine but can't come close to the 15.

I've it 16 seconds with Magneto/Jean/Cyclops twice. I *think* I need to fiddle with my strikers a little more, but I have one more try tomorrow before I need to start grinding Uru.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Once I get Jean up to 6* I'll toss her on my Striker team and maybe on my Wolverine/Beast team and see what it does. I just hear great things and she demolishes in Timeline so I assume she's my best bet at pulling it off even with the Speed/Blast issue.

I've been tinkering with my strikers and I'm not quite sure what's working. I tried stacking dodge people like Widow and Kate Bishop. I tried stacking attack boost like Cap and Ancient One. I should probably just try an all attack team like Strange, Sharon Rogers, Proxima, Magneto, and then Widow for Dodge. Each day I just try something new with that Beast/Wolverine team (usually Storm as the 3rd for the bonuses) and I always end up soemwhere between 45 seconds and a best of like 20. Maybe I'll get lucky one day and pull off 15 with right combo but with my phone busted right now I'm kind of rushing through them and not really sitting down and thinking.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Right now I'm more concerned with the shitload of ISO combines I need to do.

Also -- When would the next patch land with Apoc if we assume it's the next small patch?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not worried about any of the Iso challenges since I basically need to combine a bunch every few days just to keep my inventory from getting full. But I'm still filling my Level 60s with Isos and just working my T2s to 5* so I have a ton of use for them.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Logged back in on my new phone just to make sure my account was still there incase I want to play again someday. Oh cool, a free 6* selector, I'll just hop over to Reddit and see who to spend it on. Oh look, a bunch of people posting about how excited they are to call Titania "Tits". Awkward.

How did MFF end up with a creepier community than Shadowverse?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

There are boobs involved. Real or fake, Reddit is gonna be jerkin' to 'em.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BGrifter posted:

Logged back in on my new phone just to make sure my account was still there incase I want to play again someday. Oh cool, a free 6* selector, I'll just hop over to Reddit and see who to spend it on. Oh look, a bunch of people posting about how excited they are to call Titania "Tits". Awkward.

How did MFF end up with a creepier community than Shadowverse?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Applied to Marble Hebrons as Dr Silent

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Small update, though to be fair this is pretty much just the rest of 3.4.0.

CM Jocasta posted:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The time has come to face the most dangerous of foes. The one who goes by many names, The Eternal One, The Savior, The First Mutant, En Sabah Nuhr. Many names have been given, but only one of them truly captures his presence. Apocalypse. It is time to face off against one of Earths greatest threats and save the world one more time.

1. New World Boss Stage Added
Take on Apocalypse in his all new World Boss Stage. Once the mode has been unlocked, you are free to challenge the greatest threat to mankind. Are you made of the right stuff to take him down?

※ Apocalypse is available only by completing his World Boss Stage
※ Apocalypse follows the leveling up method of Jean Grey.

- As Apocalypse has been added, new achievements and team up bonuses have been added.

※ Stats are based on Skill Level 1.

2. 2 New Uniforms

New uniforms for Wolverine and Rogue have been added.

※ New Uniforms are available at discounted price for a certain period.
※ Check out new Uniforms in Uniform Room to see the details.
※ New Uniforms do not change the characters typing or their type.

※ Stats are based on Skill Level 1.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
The people in the comments for that update who think that's a bad uni for Wolverine must never have faced a Wolverine with a 50% invuln obo and some recovery rate increases. 10% Defense (standard) and 15% Damage Reduction is just going to make it even harder to burst past the invuln trigger safely.

May god have mercy on us all, any week where Wolverine isn't banned. And even then, Alliance Conquest is going to be about how many members can spread their Wolverines around the map fastest.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

My wolverine has a 3 second invuln obelisk with 21% max hp so I welcome the uniform

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Uniform should really halve wolvie's damage IMO

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Quicksilver and Jean Grey are still gonna megaown Wolverine though. Not sure about Cable and Scarlet Witch since I don't have them 6 starred yet but I assume they will too.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Network42 posted:

Uniform should really halve wolvie's damage IMO

It took me a minute, but I got it and I thank you for it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

his other hand is a laser gun tho

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Applying to marble hebrons as HowDoIMarvels

Edit- after a 24 hour cooldown

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
I've been consistently been beating quicksilver with 3 dodge ignore strikers and 2 of Strange, Dormammu and Odin. Mags, Wolvie, storm is my fastest at 9 seconds and A1, Strange, Coulson usually does it in 14.

I wasn't able to beat him in 15 with 2 dodge ignore strikers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

AO, Jean, Mordo with Strange, Sharon, and 3 ignore dodge strikers just got me 14 seconds. It was all about not getting him to his cutscene.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

kertap posted:

I've been consistently been beating quicksilver with 3 dodge ignore strikers and 2 of Strange, Dormammu and Odin. Mags, Wolvie, storm is my fastest at 9 seconds and A1, Strange, Coulson usually does it in 14.

I wasn't able to beat him in 15 with 2 dodge ignore strikers.

I get sub-10 with all dodge ignore (probably overkill but I can't be arsed) hobo thanos, proxima, and SuGi. Hit the co-op button, he unleashes his 2* continuous damage skill and 8 secs later I win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I get how all you Thanos, Odin, and Dormammu owners can beat him in that time. But the only native T2s I have ranked up are Strange, Wolverine, and Proxima and I can't seem to make a combo with them work much better than 30 seconds (and I only got them under 30 a couple of times). So I'm figuring I need Jean or one of the others. Jean seems easiest since she uses the mutant stuff so that's where I'm at. Feathers shouldn't take too long and I'm collecting the mutant bios to throw at her. So its a plan.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's a solid bit RNG, along with good urus/cards plus using the best team ups you can. War Wolf adds a ton of damage for a short period, so him + a strong leadership or Daisy with Wolvie or Prox has a good shot. Make sure you're using the right strikers also, 10% damage to super-villains does nothing. You need a run of it where you catch him outside of iframes and he doesn't jump into the next phase right away.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Ok, I've got a dumb question... I'm trying to rank up my first BO character (Ebony Maw) for the first time (lvl 1 to 2). I understand I need 6 rank-2 BAM, but how do I do this mechanically? Do I have to level him up to 40 before I a "rank-up" button appears?

This s the opposite of how it works for other characters in the game, btw, where you get the rank first then can raise the levels afterwards.)

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Wolverine can do it. I've got him with Power of Angry Hulk, 17/16/16/17 gears. I used Beast lead and Storm, 2 ignore dodge strikers and 3 physical damage. Start off with 5 skill with Beast and then Wolverine cut him up in 14 seconds.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I get how all you Thanos, Odin, and Dormammu owners can beat him in that time. But the only native T2s I have ranked up are Strange, Wolverine, and Proxima and I can't seem to make a combo with them work much better than 30 seconds (and I only got them under 30 a couple of times). So I'm figuring I need Jean or one of the others. Jean seems easiest since she uses the mutant stuff so that's where I'm at. Feathers shouldn't take too long and I'm collecting the mutant bios to throw at her. So its a plan.

wolverine was a consistent 30 second kill for me and then i got a 12. you just gotta get all your crits to line up or whatever. this was without a damage proc, so if you have one of those on your obelisk, he can definitely do it.

edit: or use a non-native t2, like sharon or kaecilius or iron fist. i bet shulk/warwolf/ironfist can walk it

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 27, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I thought it was pretty easy. I used Uniformed Thanos as leader with Proxima and Corvus, with Jean, Strange, Odin, Dormammu, and Kate Bishop as my strikers. All I had to do was press Thanos's 5 skill, then press his teamup when that was done. 8 seconds.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wizchine posted:

Ok, I've got a dumb question... I'm trying to rank up my first BO character (Ebony Maw) for the first time (lvl 1 to 2). I understand I need 6 rank-2 BAM, but how do I do this mechanically? Do I have to level him up to 40 before I a "rank-up" button appears?

This s the opposite of how it works for other characters in the game, btw, where you get the rank first then can raise the levels afterwards.)

yeah you have to cap out their level before you can rank them up, so feed him some bios, 'level up' will change to 'rank up' and then you click it and hit material fusion and grind rank 1 BAMs into rank 2s.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Lmao hope no one was planning on unlocking Apocalypse any time soon. Alternatively, I guess if you have 15,000 crystals sitting around, you have a use for them now.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

punchymcpunch posted:

yeah you have to cap out their level before you can rank them up, so feed him some bios, 'level up' will change to 'rank up' and then you click it and hit material fusion and grind rank 1 BAMs into rank 2s.

Okay, thanks. Seemed like the only logical option left.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Just got into this. They gave me two free 6 star characters and a whole heap of other goodies, so now it seems like i'm way overpowered for the early game and it's all a bit too easy? Is there any strategy to the game? Everything is over so fast, and the powers recharge so quickly, doesn't seem to need much in the way of planning your moves, like I could auto the whole game. I've played less than a day and I already have Iron Man 6 starred with max mastery at lvl 60.

Maybe i'm just used to the horrible grind from Contest of Champions.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Apoc requirements

Will take a month to unlock minimum unless you spend crystals, and it's 1500 crystals for EACH step. With 3 steps being 30 days each you're looking at 4500 crystals to cut it down to 15 days. Don't see myself rushing him at all, I was leaning towards skipping Scarlet Witch and unlocking him early, but I'll have plenty of time to 6* her over the next month.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

itll take me more than a month to save up the gold anyway

p big burn on all the nerds who saved up a billion gold tho lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I was thinking of paying 450 to unlock Scarlet Witch today, but I'm at 5/15 on the beat Cable with Quicksilver thing. Now that it's clear this won't be critical path, I'll just keep hoarding gold and mats and bios so that in 10 days I can unlock her anyway. 10 days is also when I'll be able to 6 star Cable so it's all slotting together nicely and I'll probably still be able to unlock Apocalypse exactly 30 days after the patch drops.

e: I just spent 40 hidden tickets in the past two days for no reason because I'm not using them for quest packs though. rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i been hoarding them cos i had a feeling he'd be hidden ticket gated