Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The enemies give a gently caress, you murderer. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

The enemies give a gently caress, you murderer. :mad:

I tried pretty hard at first to only kill Overseers and not City Watchment. Because gently caress overseers.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Played two episodes of Life is Strange and it's weird, I'm on balance positive and want to finish it but I can only think of negative things to say. Mostly how its central mechanic is totally at odds with what I like about "MAKE A DECISION" games so much that they know it and have to disable it at the climactic moment of the second episode, cause otherwise it'd be meaningless. Despite that obvious developer ex machina, I really liked that moment -- they nailed the feeling of "oh poo poo I'm in a SITUATION with someone I don't know as well as I thought I did" but I still managed to get it right without looking it up, knowing I'd looked at the object that gives you the answer but being only like 60% on whether I was remembering it right.. There's also a weird disconnect between what I understand and what the character sees, like they're obviously trying to soften the security guard stepdad but Max's choices interacting with that person are still just various levels of hostile, which is realistic for her but I can tell there's more to it than she sees. And I don't believe for a second she would draw the gun on the drug dealer, much less pull the trigger, and if he takes it off her in the scenario where she doesn't shoot why doesn't he still do that when she pulls and it's empty?

loving sucks that they went with scabs for the voice actors for the sequel.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

It definitely sucks that they had to change the actors for Before The Storm, but I think they do a decent job when you get used to them.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

veni veni veni posted:

Finally caved on BF1 with the sale, and Jesus Christ this game is gorgeous. Like, I'm familiar with how nice Dice games look this days but I was still kind of like "woah" when I fired it up. The guns feel absolutely brutal too, really looking forward to this after a Battlefield hiatus for a few years and my Titanfall 2 playing starting to wind down quite a bit.

the pilot story is the best part, the italian one is a close second. Right up there with the intro sequence, oh hell the whole game is real good.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 26, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Got wrapped up in MP. Still looking forward to SP though. Man, I loving suuuuuck at Battlefield now. Like, holy moly what happened? I used to be pretty good at it.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I decided to give tearaway unfolded a go tonight and I am shocked and appalled at the content in this game

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Got wrapped up in MP. Still looking forward to SP though. Man, I loving suuuuuck at Battlefield now. Like, holy moly what happened? I used to be pretty good at it.

Weapon handling is completely different from BF4. You need to keep firing LMGs to even being able to hit something. Semi auto rifles and bolt will get your rear end, etc... Is a fun game despite all its flaws.

PSN is Guillermus_ (EU). Come to the BF1 console thread and join the community and platoons to get more people to play with.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought I would try the Bloodborne DLC and realized I didn't remember anything about the game with my endgame character so I started over.

I got to the first lamp and entered the Hunter's Dream without dying, which felt pretty good considering how much trouble I had with Central Yharnam the first time around.

Then I died thinking I could take on the armored troll easily. Then I died thinking I could take on the mob easily

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm sorry Snak but "oh poo poo I have to use the magic powers to play dishonored??" is probably the single dumbest videogame related statement on the Internet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Macarius Wrench posted:

I'm sorry Snak but "oh poo poo I have to use the magic powers to play dishonored??" is probably the single dumbest videogame related statement on the Internet.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Report Violation

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:yeah:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm going to fire up Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time. Is there anything I should know before going in?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Montalvo posted:

I'm going to fire up Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time. Is there anything I should know before going in?

Don't get too weirded out by how toddler Aloy runs, she doesn't run like that as an adult.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Montalvo posted:

Burn through the story until you get to Meridian, it's your major hub for a lot of content.

You'll find a sidequest in the starting area asking you to help recover a family spear. Do this quest ASAP. The reward is an upgrade to your spear's damage, and it's the only one like it in the game. It's also missable past a story event a little ways in.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Montalvo posted:

Holding the fire button down longer doesn't increase damage, just accuracy. At short and mid range you should just be trying to get in as many arrows per second as you can. Also get any and all "tear" upgrades until parts are just flying off the enemies nonstop as you pelt them with arrows. That's when things get seriously awesome.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Sep 26, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Macarius Wrench posted:

There are a serious lack of single-player sword-fighting games that don't have magic.

I originally quit the game when the blink ability was first introduced, because I realized it wasn't nmy tyoe of game.

So I knew that going back to it. Having accepted it, my problem now is more how cumbersome it is to constantly have to switch abilities.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Macarius Wrench posted:

TBF there's a trophy about not doing that but no one's expected to earn it the first time through.

Montalvo posted:

Kill a bunch of animals for the inventory upgrades as one of the first things you do

Once you get to Meridian you can buy specific machine parts from a merchant so don't go crazy hunting for that one particular thing you need

Weapon tutorial quests only advance if they are the active quest (yeah this is dumb).

You can do hunting grounds whenever and they don't care how advanced your equipment is, so they just get easier over time

The combo of whistle + stealth strike is incredibly overpowered, you might want to refrain from doing that just to keep the encounters challenging

The quick craft button is your friend, read it as "reload" and use it in the middle of combat

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Snak posted:

There are a serious lack of single-player sword-fighting games that don't have magic.

I originally quit the game when the blink ability was first introduced, because I realized it wasn't nmy tyoe of game.

So I knew that going back to it. Having accepted it, my problem now is more how cumbersome it is to constantly have to switch abilities.

Hmm I just can't see it your way then, I thought blink was a brilliant addition to the game mostly because of how vertical the levels became but also probably because nightcrawler is my favourite x men :cheeky:

I get the ability complaint but honestly don't remember it being a negative and I was constantly switching to the heart to get more lines of dialogue.

Godammit I want to replay Dishonored, and Thief, and Thief 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Montalvo posted:

Ammo types are tied to weapon color. Rush purple weapons asap or you'll be totally ineffective at everything

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

Ammo types are tied to weapon color. Rush purple weapons asap or you'll be totally ineffective at everything

The big thing I forgot for HZD is for the BIG robots you aren't looking to just chip their HP bar down to zero. Analyze their weaknesses and start tearing/igniting/freezing parts off to actually inflict decent damage and cripple the fuckers.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the HZD advice!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Snak posted:

You can bind abilities to the d pad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

God dam HZD was such a good game

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm really going to enjoy the DLC when it comes out I think.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope the DLC is at least a good 5+ hour addendum with its own mini-story arc. There hasn't been a lot of info about it but Guerrilla's post-release patch support has been stellar so far so I am optimistic.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I feel bad that I was looking g forward to HZD since it was first shown yet I haven't played it yet, but at this point I'm waiting for the dlc to come out so I can play it all at once (I've found that I rarely will go back to a game for dlc, even if I really like the game so I thought it would be best to wait)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think it's a pretty safe bet that The Frozen Wilds will not be the only major DLC for Horizon.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that The Frozen Wilds will not be the only major DLC for Horizon.

:ssh: you're just gonna make me put this off longer

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I put 40 hours into Horizon, had a great time but it's not a game that is crying out for more content, at least paid content.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I have an extra Undertale dynamic theme if anyone wants it (it's a good theme)
CLAIMED
The question mark is the first letter of the name of a datable spaghetti loving Skeleton. Please mention if you claim it.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 26, 2017

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Also I have an extra Undertale dynamic theme if anyone wants it (it's a good theme)
H?8M-TCNR-EHLM
The question mark is the first letter of the name of a datable spaghetti loving Skeleton. Please mention if you claim it.

I nabbed this. Thank you very much! It is a lovely theme and I will use it forever.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm not much of a console gamer, but it's better than my lovely computer.

I've been playing 3rd person action games, and in those, I've been inverting the aim with the right stick. So I effectively control the camera in both x and y axes, and aim left by tilting the stick right, and aim up by tilting the stick down. It's worked out pretty nicely for games like Horizon, or Uncharted, or Witcher 3.

However. I just got Titanfall 2. And my brain has been rewired that I can't loving aim for poo poo, as I tilt my stick left to aim right, etc. And I see no option to invert the x axis. Am I completely poo poo out of luck? Will I be locked out of 1st person shooters like that, or Dishonored 2, etc?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I tried googling for X-axis inversion options, and in every forum, some fuckface starts screaming about how X-inversion is cancer, as if this option locks him or her out of normal X-axis aiming.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phobophilia posted:

I tried googling for X-axis inversion options, and in every forum, some fuckface starts screaming about how X-inversion is cancer, as if this option locks him or her out of normal X-axis aiming.

Generaly speaking, nobody flips the x-axis for FPS games. Y-Axis is semi-common as an extension from flight controls.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Fortnite BR update is out, game is now free:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/fortnite-battle-royale/cid=UP1477-CUSA07022_00-FORTNITETESTING1

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Phobophilia posted:

Am I completely poo poo out of luck?

pretty much. invert x is a very rare sight.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is Eve Valkyrie Warzone just Eve Valkyrie but you don't need VR to play it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

blackguy32 posted:

You can bind abilities to the d pad

Oh yeah, I forget about that. That will probably help...