Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Pop Quiz! Between midnight and 5 PM PDT today, how many topics has freep had about Puerto Rico?

Two.

Now, how many topics has freep had about sportsball?

Five thousand four hundred fifty seven.

Here's the list. For entertainment value, watch a handful of headlines change throughout the day, like that poor Steelers player that accidentally participated in the pledge. This list also stops moments before Monday Night Football started, wherein the Cowboys protested.
There are a few interesting ones in this list that I may choose to go through. I wish anyone else luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triwolf
May 9, 2008

Plinkey posted:

Freep is beyond salty, there's some good stuff in here but I don't have time to copy and paste is all right now.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3589056/posts?q=1&;page=1

Well I have no idea what happened but serious gayness could definitely get me interested in football.

quote:

I almost prefer a bunch of players disrespecting their country and the U.S. flag.

It sounds like this has now crossed the line into some serious gayness. 

4 posted on 9/25/2017, 8:58:19 PM by Alberta's Child ("Tell them to stand!" -- President Trump, 9/23/2017)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

Pop Quiz! Between midnight and 5 PM PDT today, how many topics has freep had about Puerto Rico?

Two.

Now, how many topics has freep had about sportsball?

Five thousand four hundred fifty seven.

Here's the list. For entertainment value, watch a handful of headlines change throughout the day, like that poor Steelers player that accidentally participated in the pledge. This list also stops moments before Monday Night Football started, wherein the Cowboys protested.
There are a few interesting ones in this list that I may choose to go through. I wish anyone else luck.

Holy sweet Gay Satan, let's go diving in this hole!

UNREAL. NFL Players Stand for “God Save the Queen” and Kneel for US National Anthem in London
9/25/2017, 3:10:40 AM · by ncalburt · 37 replies

First off,

quote:

Keywords: spoiled; thugs

quote:

Enough of these smug overpaid America hating thugs with millions . The NFL died yesterday and hopefully the overpaid thugs go back to the streets and Paki Foreigner owner gets deported by Trump . Ban the America Hating NFL . It's a Disgrace carrying on like this overseas .
1 posted on 9/25/2017, 6:10:40 AM by ncalburt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: ncalburt

They’re just a bunch of primates, aping what they see others do. No originality or thought of any sort. One of their leaders should jump off a cliff, we’d lose a whole herd of them.

10 posted on 9/25/2017, 7:04:31 AM by fwdude (Democrats have not been this angry since Republicans freed the slaves.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: stars & stripes forever

It started when they ‘gayified’ football years ago.

16 posted on 9/25/2017, 7:09:32 AM by fwdude (Democrats have not been this angry since Republicans freed the slaves.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ncalburt
I wish Trump would have ordered FBI agents to London and stopped and criminally interviewed every single player for an hour.....just to make sure that they were or were NOT renouncing citizenship!

I betcha a half dozen of the low IQ BLM idiots would have renounced their citizenship in front of a Customs Officer and FBI agent, and BAM: they get to stay in the UK. I would love to see that!
33 posted on 9/25/2017, 8:40:57 AM by DCBryan1 (No realli, moose bytes can be quite nasti!)

quote:

To: Ruy Dias de Bivar

Real bright group of thugs

38 posted on 9/25/2017, 7:29:57 PM by ncalburt (ll)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

They are beyond pissed. I'm enjoying every second of it.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 26, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Will this actually eclipse the Great Freep Meltdowns of 2008 and 2012? :aaa:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The best part about them getting mad about the Cowboys kneeling (and I didn't look, but I'm sure they're furious over it) is that the Cowboys didn't kneel during the anthem. They knelt before the anthem, but when they played it the team all stood (though they did lock arms).

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
They're not fervently praying for Iran to nuke the US yet so it's not their biggest meltdown ever but it's definitely in the top 5.

-Content: Here's how Dallas Cowboys, Arizona Cardinals handled national anthem

The Salt must flow!

quote:

To: proust

Slimy alcoholic lecher...

7 posted on 09/25/2017 5:59:14 PM PDT by stinkerpot65 (Global warming is a Marxist lie.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Ha!

quote:

To: Jolla

Trying have it both ways.

No dice.

America’s Team?

Ha

8 posted on 09/25/2017 5:59:18 PM PDT by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents - Know Islam, No Peace -No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

Doesn’t get them off the hook. They just genuflected to BLM Hate America movement.

Anyone who gives these thugs a dime at this point in history has picked his side and it ain’t America’s.

11 posted on 09/25/2017 5:59:48 PM PDT by Regulator

:rip: America

quote:

What a bunch of huge panty wastes !!!!!i
This country is cooked!!!!!

12 posted on 09/25/2017 5:59:52 PM PDT by bantam

quote:

This is unbelievably laughable.

It is the end of the NFL.

13 posted on 09/25/2017 5:59:53 PM PDT by x1stcav (We have the guns. Do we have the will?)

Disregard!

quote:

I was all set to become a Dallas fan. Disregard. Not a chance.

15 posted on 09/25/2017 6:00:30 PM PDT by Uncle Sam 911

quote:

They gave in to the false narrative. Screw ALL of them. The N.F.L. is O.V.E.R.

16 posted on 09/25/2017 6:00:53 PM PDT by Uncle Sham

The Seahawks were pretty great, wen't they? :hawksin:

quote:

Glad the Cardinals didn’t kneel. Since my beloved Seahawks disappointed me, I may turn to Arizona.

23 posted on 09/25/2017 6:02:38 PM PDT by SandyInSeattle (A year in Arizona... and I haven't burst into flames yet.)

Ga-a-ay!

quote:

It look like a gay chorus line. I was waiting for them to dp some Rockette kicks.

32 posted on 09/25/2017 6:04:20 PM PDT by Az Joe (Gloria in excelsis Deo)

Nonono It's about are troops! Stick to the narrative dammit!

quote:

If they took a knee when the Po Po stopped them, instead of reaching for gats they wouldn’t get smoked.
Is that what this is about? Young Master Brown and the other angels, Treyvon and the rest? Who knows.
Total gheyness. To hell with the NFL.

37 posted on 09/25/2017 6:04:49 PM PDT by tumblindice (America's founding fathers: all armed conservatives)

quote:

To: dfwgator

Compromising with Soros thugs? Wow. I haven’t watched the NFL in years, though; so I didn’t have the game on in the first place.

38 posted on 09/25/2017 6:05:03 PM PDT by who knows what evil? (Yehovah saved more animals than people on the ark...https://www.siameserescue.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Timmy

Yeah, I thought Jones was our last best hope but he fell right along in this crap. Forget it. Hope they all go broke!!

45 posted on 09/25/2017 6:06:45 PM PDT by Dawgreg (Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: fishtank

I quit watching when these thugs started dancing in the end zone 20 years ago.

I have literally not watched a quarter of football since then and I’m doing quite well thank you.

I despise these street hood thugs.

A man before his time.

51 posted on 09/25/2017 6:09:39 PM PDT by Hammerhead
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #59 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: OrangeHoof

You are okay with an entire ‘company’ signifying allegiance to a fake Black Lives Matter cause?

61 posted on 09/25/2017 6:11:26 PM PDT by TexasGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

Jones caved to the pressure from his negro thug players.

People dont realize it, but we are wqtching the rapid collapse of America. I firmly believe we will disintegrated and worse off than Venezuela by 2019...just the way 0bama wanted it. And with Trump in office he wont get the blame. Its the best of both worlds Baraq and the Mooch

66 posted on 09/25/2017 6:12:10 PM PDT by Angels27

quote:

Tough talking Jerry Jones, this stunt reminds me of Bill Clinton, “Depends on what the definition of is is”.

He probably thought this was the great compromise, we all kneel, then we get up for the Anthem.

Sorry Jerry that won’t get it. You caved and you are a blow hard.

It can all hit the fan now. I was already pretty much through with the NFL, now totally. Rot in Hell you Hypocrite Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79 posted on 09/25/2017 6:14:42 PM PDT by Captain Peter Blood

quote:

CAN I STATE THE OBVIOUS?

BACK WHEN FOOTBALL WAS BORN WE WHITE GUYS USED NO-KILL POLICIES ON THE FIELD AND REALLY QUEENS OF MARSBURY RULES.

BUT INJURIES AND SMASHMOUTH SELLS SO THEY BROUGHT MANDINGOS INTO IT.

SPLIT FOOTBALL INTO CASTE GROUPS.

92 posted on 09/25/2017 6:16:58 PM PDT by txhurl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

I agree, Roethlisberger should be shamed

quote:

Not only am I not watching any NFL games, I’m giving serious consideration to taking my NFL-related hats, shirts and other paraphernalia and donating it to the local battered women’s shelter.

Perhaps some good can come out of a group of people that refuse to shun the thugs, rapists and even murderers among them.

100 posted on 09/25/2017 6:18:43 PM PDT by ssaftler (What's an NFL?)

quote:

To: ssaftler

Burn the paraphernalia. One of these thugs might mistake a woman wearing it for their baby momma and beat the crap out of them.

139 posted on 09/25/2017 6:30:42 PM PDT by LesbianThespianGymnasticMidget (God punishes Conservatives by making them argue with fools. Go Trump!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 100 | View Replies ]

Well... he's not wrong.

quote:

To: Hojczyk

Goodell and the owners have turned the NFL into an object of derision.

106 posted on 09/25/2017 6:19:47 PM PDT by x1stcav (We have the guns. Do we have the will?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 98 | View Replies]

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It's a step above NASCAR disavowing the confederate flag, but we still haven't reached marriage equality or the 2012 election. Definitely top 5, but it's a Cinderella story out of loving nowhere!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm going to add this to my collection of "A Freeper says a correct thing but for the opposite reason they think it is correct."

pussy - a person who boldly stands up for their beliefs regardless of the criticism they will receive.

Well I guess it makes sense since Freepers never stand up for their beliefs.

Pussy - definitely not a member of the rascal brigade that pounds out death threats online but stays shut in because those liberals and colors are allowed to exist in their lifetime

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

SocketWrench posted:

Pussy - definitely not a member of the rascal brigade that pounds out death threats online but stays shut in because those liberals and colors are allowed to exist in their lifetime
Also: definitely not the sort of person who needs to conceal carry when they go the Walmart Supercenter outside of Altoona.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ I figured I had that covered under liberals and colors allowed to exist

Lol, America is doomed because people are using their rights that they are deemed to have because they are Americans

loving freep. I wish these jokers would go take over North Korea. Nothing would change but the names of the leaders

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

quote:

CAN I STATE THE OBVIOUS?

BACK WHEN FOOTBALL WAS BORN WE WHITE GUYS USED NO-KILL POLICIES ON THE FIELD AND REALLY QUEENS OF MARSBURY RULES.

BUT INJURIES AND SMASHMOUTH SELLS SO THEY BROUGHT MANDINGOS INTO IT.

SPLIT FOOTBALL INTO CASTE GROUPS.

92 posted on 09/25/2017 6:16:58 PM PDT by txhurl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

whatever happened to caste football anyway? They've really missed the bus on all this racial hate resurgence.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Let's sample some of those vanities.

NFL vs. Trump - Who wins? by freeper Moe-Patrick

quote:

Is the NFL stance popular? No. Not one Democrat got on television today to comment. Conclusion - must not be popular with their base. Why did owners side with players? Players will threaten to leave, no loyalty to team or NFL. This is also why criminal behavior by players is overlooked every year. How do non-political football lovers feel? They are non-political for a reason, seeing the players unite for each other against fans and forcing politics into the game is not welcome. The NFL had to make a choice between fans or players, they chose the players. Had they enforced the work place rules equally, they would not be in this position. Appeasers never understand that those who disrupt under the guise of a valiant cause have no respect for the organizations they are a part of. They only care about disruption even when it destroys the organization. Some accuse Trump of being divisive for stating what many feel. What if - All players respected the flag Sunday?...Colin Kaepernick took his stance off the field and into neighborhoods?...The NFL enforced their rules?....Who's being divisive here?

For 8 yrs. I was told by Obama, the media, the elite, and Democrats that disagreeing with Obama on policy was racist. I was told by college students that I have 'white privilege' and should be ashamed. I was told no decent woman would support Trump. And now I'm told that voting for Trump makes me a Nazi white supremacist by sitcoms, sports figures, talk shows, media, democrats, award shows, late night comedy, commercials, and celebrities. Who's being divisive here? Now the NFL has joined in. Not standing is more than disrespecting the flag and fans, it dismisses the thousands who sacrificed their time, family, and health to defend this country due to honor, not money. Players understand money, self indulgence, elite treatment in the courts, and are coddled by owners who love money more than ethics or character.

I predict that Trump will continue to spotlight hypocrisy wherever it exists. And the hate-Trump crowd will over react forcing unwilling participants to choose a side. And thus destroying their company or career. And that's a good thing....show America your true character and be judged accordingly. No more hiding. This article is dedicated to the Trump corpses of the past - GOP, RNC, DEM, Hillary, McCain, Mitchell, Ryan, Media, Hollywood, Late Night Shows, Comedians, the elite, the donors, the UN, Obama administration, FBI, Comey, and coming soon - the NFL. How to survive Trump? Pretty simple, just be honest.

If kneeling is free speech and you condemn the flag that gives you free speech, then.. [VANITY] by freeper CivilWarBrewing, presented in the original Times New Roman.

quote:

Or how about the shortest vanity I've ever seen from JimRob, Some people are just more equal than others?

quote:

No matter how hard they work, there's no way in hell that ALL black kids can excel in sports through high school and college and then go on to become privileged multi-millionaires playing for professional teams. Guess some people are just more equal than others.

quote:

To: Jim Robinson

Progressives believe they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more equal than all others combined.

2 posted on 9/25/2017, 10:30:43 AM by TBP (Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Only their self-aggrandizement matters.)

quote:

I wonder how these multi millionaire NFL racists feel about Affirmative Action.

If they are for it, I wonder how they would feel if it was instituted in their league. Make the percentages of players “race” reflect the makeup of our society as a whole.

Suddenly, Affirmative Action would be a bad thing, from their perspective. At that point, they would have to deal with those who are fierce advocates of Affirmative Action.

3 posted on 9/25/2017, 10:34:41 AM by Pox (Good Night. I expect more respect tomorrow.)

what

quote:

Black inferiorists will NOT be happy when they finally get their way.

5 posted on 9/25/2017, 10:43:22 AM by equaviator (There's nothing like the universe to bring you down to earth.)

quote:

The stupidity of the actions of the NFL kneelers is that the supposed reason for it, i.e. to bring light on cops killing blacks and the unfair legal system, is not even being talked about. They also say it is to bring us together. Really!! It is dividing us even more and what is being talked about is their disrespect for the flag, our nation and those that serve the nation — which most of these high paid prima donnas haven’t. I also wonder how many of these black kneelers have spent any of their money and time in trying to help the black youth in the inner cities OR have fathered kids and now have no part in their life. When they spend their money and time helping and trying to get the black youth to respect laws and other people and get away from the victim mentality, then maybe I will take their protests seriously — but never their kneeling protests.

6 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:03:32 AM by falcon99

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Will this actually eclipse the Great Freep Meltdowns of 2008 and 2012? :aaa:

In intensity perhaps, but there's just not nearly as many of them left after those purges.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

I also wonder how many of these black kneelers have spent any of their money and time in trying to help the black youth in the inner cities

Colin Kaepernick, the guy who started this whole thing, does exactly that! He spends much of his time and his money helping the poor and disadvantaged!

Of course if you tried to tell that to this Freeper they'd either say "FAKE NEWS" or just say "Yeah but he's only doing it to get famous because he was a bad football player."

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Class Action Lawsuit Against NFL, Teams, Players and Players’ Union, a vanity thread posted by freeper Strac6

the OP and first post posted:

Class Action Lawsuit Against NFL, Players and Players’ Union

Just had a phonecon with a partner at my old firm in DC. They are establishing a class of injured plaintiffs who are being denied the enjoyment promised when they bought season tickets to NFL games, their children exposed to anti-Americanism, psychological trauma among vets and family members who lost loved ones in wars,

Defendants will be the League, individual teams, individual players in teams where an identifiable segment of the class of plaintiffs are located, and the players’ union. Other plaintiffs’ class will be those who bought season passes to watch games on Cable. Others might be vendors in the stadiums, fan apparel manufacturers, etc.

Compared to some recent class action litigation, this will be easy….and NFL will pay through the nose. I would expect the fees for the plaintiffs’ lawyers alone will easily run 60 to 150 million dollars. The class will probably get 50 to 70% their season ticket cost as settlement damages.

This will be fun.

I knew there was a reason I kept my DC Bar Card active!!!

I don't want to be part of the negotiating team. Others are better at this. I just want to do discovery on some of the slackjaw players....

1 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:34:54 AM by Strac6

every post I am not quoting is supportive of this effort

quote:

To: Strac6

This doesn’t pass the laugh test. You can’t sue someone for exercising their free speech rights in a disgusting and offensive manner. As long as the NFL chooses to allow it there is little anyone can do beyond what I have... namely stop watching football. There is no explicit or implicit guarantee in season ticket contracts that protects your happiness or emotional well being. Frankly this sounds like the kind of crap I expect from left-wing snowflakes.

18 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:44:18 AM by NRx (A man of integrity passes his father's civilization to his son, without selling it off to strangers.)

quote:

This forum gets more insane by the day. Sure, lets clog up the courts with more garbage lawsuits. I thought this was a conservative forum

21 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:48:03 AM by sharkhawk (Chelsea Dagger)

quote:

To: sharkhawk

This forum gets more insane by the day.

The other day it was stated here that every town of 1000 people deserves a hospital regardless of taxpayer expense!

22 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:52:10 AM by jjotto ("Ya could look it up!")

quote:

People want to file a frivolous lawsuit because they feel offended? Good lord, my tagline is more appropriate than ever.

31 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:55:52 AM by gdani (Everyone is a snowflake these days)

quote:

To: NRx

Sorry, but that is a legal nonstarter. I can sue anyone for anything.

I am not suing for free speech. We will sue for people not getting what they had logical right to expect when they were sold their season tickets / cable passes. You buy a ticket to a movie, you have a right to respect that it be at least “decent.”

Viewers bought tickets to watch athletes perform at their best, not to concentrate on airing their political grievances. It’s like walking out of a bad movie; “Gimmie my money back!”

We will sue the League for not preventing all this. If NASCAR can, why can’t the NFL? (Actually, NASCAR has less standing here than NFL does, and NFL still did nothing.)

Players have no free speech rights when in uniform, at a game. First Amendment only prevents government from censoring “speech.” It in no way limits the rights of employers.

32 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:56:18 AM by Strac6 ("Mrs. Strac, Pilatus, and Sig Sauer: All the fun things in my life are Swiss!")

freeper rlmorel tells a story and you have to read all because it's freeper as gently caress

quote:

For me, this is in the entertainment category (NFL football)

I tend to view this the same way I view Hollywood movies. I don’t want to watch movies with George Clooney and Oprah Winfrey in them, so I can watch something else if I like.

And if an entertainer isn’t out there standing on a pulpit (either on or off the stage) I can deal with them, watch their movies, listen to them, etc.

There was once a time when I enjoyed Pink Floyd music, and listened to their music on my playlists, etc.

Then, in 2004, I went to a Roger Waters (a member of Pink Floyd) concert. I was subjected to three hours of non-stop political haranguing and attempted indoctrination, complete with altered lyrics of popular songs, frequent stops in the “show” for commentary, non-stop slide shows and videos in the background with images of everything from Apartheid to the Palestinians, to the holocaust, to the Gulf Wars, blaming it all on America.

He capped it off with a 40 ft high helium filled pig with “Vote Democrat” on one side, and in supposed dripping red blood on the other side, “F**k Bush!” they they released into the air (later fined by the FAA for such stupidity)

Well, I had no idea Roger Waters was such an anti-American dirtbag and all around liberal moonbat douche. In retrospect, I should have known (and reminded of that by people when I mention it) but I didn’t.

I was steaming, stayed for about an hour. I was there with about 10 other people, and I would have left, but didn’t want to ruin it for the rest of the people with me. As it was, I had to go out into the parking lot for the majority of the concert.

From that day, I cannot hear any of their music without feeling a rush of anger. I paid money for entertainment, and instead, was abused. I couldn’t get my money back. Plus, the knowledge that some of that money was probably going to his “causes” inflames me even more to think about.

I have always been a proponent of “Shut up and Sing/Play/Act”. Your personal opinions if you keep them to yourself, are yours. If you indoctrinate me in your music/sport/act which I have paid for, then I will not give you my money. If you speak out off outside the concert hall/sports arena/stage, then I can make my decision based on that.

People have purchased their football tickets for considerable money to watch football. If they are being subjected against their will to things that are not part of that contract, they should be compensated or have their money refunded.

That is why I like this endeavor. Most of these people have already spent their money with no chance at recouping it. This at least looks like a chance to do that.

33 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:56:41 AM by rlmorel (Liberals: American Liberty is the egg that requires breaking to make their Utopian omelette.)

quote:

Dumbest idea ever

Lawyers are getting rich. Judges will toss

46 posted on 9/25/2017, 10:06:44 AM by Nifster (I see puppy dogs in the clouds)

quote:

This is far from frivolous litigation.

If I go to a movie & do not like it, do I have a legal right to get my money back?

If I go to a restaurant & do not like the food, do I have a legal right to get my money back?

If I buy a record album & do not like the music, do I have a legal right to get my money back?

If I take a date out & pay for the evening, but do not enjoy it or her company, do I have the legal right to get my money back?

If I go on vacation, then realize I did not have fun at that destination, do I have a legal right to get my money back?

50 posted on 9/25/2017, 10:10:46 AM by gdani (Everyone is a snowflake these days)

quote:

This whole pattern of claiming to be a victim

Then getting angry about being a victim and our anger is justified.

Then turning to physical violence based upon our justified anger.

Then looking for others to give in through appeasement to get rid of our anger and violence.....

Palestinians are using it against Israel... (Land for Peace)

Blacks have used it for affirmative action.. get rid of statues, cotton offends us...., “We are victims so we are justified!”

Hitler used it to get Nevil Chamberlain to think he had peace and Hitler ended up with Czechoslovakia

North Korea has used it to get $$$$$ for many years while working on the bomb...

Iran used it to get the $$$$ and deal with Obama...

Even our teenagers try to use it to convince us as parents that we “owe them.” (However for most of us, we curbed it early enough that it never became a problem.

Appeasement is the foreign policy of the Democrats.

Wilson’s appeasement during his first term set the stage for WWI in his second term.

FDR’s appeasement during his first and second term led to WWII in his Third term.

Truman’s appeasement during his first term led to the Korean War.

Johnson’s appeasement during his first term led to the Vietnam War.

Clinton’s appeasement during his two terms gave us 911 and the Iraq War.

Obama’s two terms has given us all the war zones now getting hot... Korea, Syria, Venezuela, ......

It should be obvious that the democrat foreign policy is appeasement which always leads to war.

It’s like bribing our children to discipline them and we end up with a knock down drag out with them as a teenager... Discipline when young and you have a healthy teenager and adult. The same is true in foreign policy.

60 posted on 9/25/2017, 10:25:10 AM by tired&retired (Blessings)

freeper Strac6 does not have any other method to reply inline and good lord isn't it glorious

quote:

To: gdani

If I go to a movie & do not like it, do I have a legal right to get my money back?

IF YOU LEAVE WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME... OR IF YOU BOUGHT AN ADVANCE TICKET, AND IT GOT BAD REVIEWS, ABSOLUTELY YES

If I go to a restaurant & do not like the food, do I have a legal right to get my money back? IF YOU SENT IF BACK AFTER A FEW BITES, OR SENT IT BACK BECAUSE IT SMELLED / LOOKED BAD,. YES

If I buy a record album & do not like the music, do I have a legal right to get my money back? IF IT WAS NOT WHAT YOU REASONABLY EXPECTED. IF THEY ADVERTISED WILLIE NELSON AND WAYLON JENNINGS, AND IT WAS RAP, YES.

If I take a date out & pay for the evening, but do not enjoy it or her company, do I have the legal right to get my money back? SINCE YOU DID NOT PAY HER, YOU COULD NOT GET IT FROM HER. SINCE THE RESTAURANT & THEATER DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE LACK OF ENJOYMENT, NO FROM THEM EITHER.

If I go on vacation, then realize I did not have fun at that destination, do I have a legal right to get my money back?

ABSOLUTELY, IF YOU LEFT AS SOON AS YOU REALIZED IT WAS NOT WHAT HAD BEEN REASONABLY EXPECTED, OR EVEN AFTER THE FULL STAY IF A CRITICAL ITEM WAS MISSING.

65 posted on 9/25/2017, 10:36:49 AM by Strac6 ("Mrs. Strac, Pilatus, and Sig Sauer: All the fun things in my life are Swiss!")

quote:

This forum gets more insane by the day. Sure, lets clog up the courts with more garbage lawsuits. I thought this was a conservative forum

The Left has been using OUR OWN VIRTUES AGAINST US, I sincerely don’t think that using more virtue on them at this point is going to do one drat bit of good anymore.

The only time left to use Virtue on the left is after we have our boot securely and firmly pressed down on their necks as they gasp for air and mercy we will show them “virtue” by not putting our full weight on their necks.

They have backed us into the corner of needing to fight dirty against them, and they miscalculate our resolve to fight dirty because they have been used to exploiting our own virtues for so long.

80 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:05:35 AM by GraceG ("It's better to have all the Right Enemies, than it is to have all the Wrong Friends.")

freeper rlmorel tells another story

quote:

There are 2-3 more boring dissenting posts, but every other of the 105 posts in the thread not quoted here was enthusiastic about this idea.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

quote:

freeper rlmorel tells a story and you have to read all because it's freeper as gently caress

He wants them to be good capitalists and not let politics get in the way of a buck performing, but then he writes against Ferengi Rule of Acquisition, never let them have their money back once you have it

In our capitalist society, the word of mouth is supposed to be good enough, it was his fault for not doing research beforehand like a rational consumer. If that annoys him, maybe he should seek to apply this "I didn't know what I was paying for, so I need a refund" philosophy to something more important where the fine print is a lot finer and more obscure like health insurance

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Here's Dale Earnhardt Jr. Breaks with NASCAR Owners ... Approves NFL Protests posted by freeper conservative98
https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/912284220067893248
I didn't want those grapes anyway, I'm sure they're sour

quote:

To: conservative98

I never liked that guy for some reason, now I know why.

3 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:10:56 AM by beergarden

quote:

“All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests,” Dale Jr. tweeted.

Not on my $$$, you POS

5 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:11:28 AM by A_Former_Democrat ("I am SpartaLee" Hey, NFL, why didn't you any of you bold guys hire Kaepernick?)

freep is legit unwell right now

quote:

Unless you’re white and supporting confederate statutes Dale?

How about conservatives at Berkeley?

No no - you only care about football players saying America is evil at football stadiums during the national anthem.

F u.

7 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:11:51 AM by Skywise

quote:

Concussions did more damage than previously thought. Junior is really going out with a whimper instead of a bang.

10 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:12:53 AM by kosciusko51

Context: Alinsky rules

quote:

To: TBP

You KNOW money changed hands

19 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:16:41 AM by SMARTY ("Nearly all men can stand adversity...to test a man's character, give him power." A. Lincoln)

"brutstkit" is such a unique creation that this is the only place it's ever been typed according to Google

quote:

To: KeyLargo

So black police officers kneel to support BLM which was formed to protest police brutstkit against blacks and attacked police officers outright in protests... including black police officers like these.

I’ll lay good money these officers don’t even understand why they’re kneeling except they’re antiTrump.

28 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:25:32 AM by Skywise

thugs

quote:

To: Tanniker Smith

Sure, p*off the base. Great career move for your franchise, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

The US Flag has been demeaned and despised by thugs, and you sympathize with THAT? Poor choice of hill to die upon.

33 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:29:29 AM by alloysteel (Guilty until proven innocent, while denying defense, justice, mercy or any appeal. No pardon, ever.)

Freep opinions: I'm getting too old for this poo poo.

quote:

To: kosciusko51

Just because Dale Earnhardt may be retiring from active driving, does not mean that there are no much greater rewards to be won by trading on the prior fame. Now that has boiled away, and the very name is attached to something unclean and un-American.

The loss is very real, going into old age.

44 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:36:45 AM by alloysteel (Guilty until proven innocent, while denying defense, justice, mercy or any appeal. No pardon, ever.)

quote:

sorry to be so blunt, but all these super-rich and famous people won’t even show the rest of us the simple easy human respect of standing 2 minutes for our national anthem!?

if they hate America so damned much, I wish they’d just take all the money we gave them (they ‘earned’) and GTH out!

This all is RIDICULOUS!
and INSULTING as Hell!
it is insulting for ANYONE to disrespect our national anthem. but it is 1000 times more insulting when a rich spoiled pig does it. These people, or many of them anyway, have everything any society or country could possibly give them.... they should be willing to at least stand for two or three minutes out of respect, if not thanks, to the rest of us. These people are SO damned selfish that they just insult us instead. Screw them!

45 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:36:51 AM by faithhopecharity ("Politicans are not born, they're excreted." -- Marcus Tillius Cicero)

I dunno, I'd kinda think that if you asked the founders about this they'd tell you to gently caress right off with that anthem and flag worship

quote:

My respect for Richard Petty went up a couple notches.

Dale, peacefully protesting government action is one thing. Betraying the national anthem and flag is betraying the founding principles which espouses freedom and justice for all people living in the United States.

49 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:39:21 AM by Crucial

quote:

You chose a football league over a country. You chose poorly.

56 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:41:28 AM by justa-hairyape (The user name is sarcastic. Although at times it may not appear that way.)

desecration

quote:

To: so_real

All he said is that they have the right to peaceful protest.

They have no Constitutional right that protects them from being fired, mocked, shamed, ignored. The jackass made an idiotic statement ultimately defending the desecration of the Military, Flag, and Country.

62 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:47:28 AM by Gene Eric (Don't be a statist!)

Lincoln’s War

quote:

To: Skywise

Unless you’re white and supporting confederate statutes Dale?

When Earnhardt Jr. began dishonoring Southern soldiers who fought during Lincoln’s War it was only a matter of time before he would dishonor all American soldiers.

One follows the other. Every time.

68 posted on 9/25/2017, 11:52:24 AM by jeffersondem

They're rather irritated.

quote:

Okay shithead we were on our way over to NASCAR but F%^k you too.

94 posted on 9/25/2017, 12:37:12 PM by jmaroneps37 (Conservatism is truth. Liberalism is lies.)

No thread is safe from this poo poo.

quote:

So when can we expect his announcement of his impending sex change operation and nomination for ESPN’s Courage” award.

We already know he has no b@lls and is completely di@kless.

101 posted on 9/25/2017, 12:56:02 PM by RedMonqey ("Gun-free zones" equal "Target-rich environment.")

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

quote:

The flag gives you free speech so its an affront to liberty to exercise that but many countries don't have that privilege so we shouldn't...exercise it?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love a good freep meltdown :smug::pipe:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
lmao the guy who was appalled to find out Pink Floyd weren't war-loving conservative racists.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

galenanorth posted:

If that annoys him, maybe he should seek to apply this "I didn't know what I was paying for, so I need a refund" philosophy to something more important where the fine print is a lot finer and more obscure like health insurance

Did you read the story? He can't read the fine print because it hurts his eyes. He NEEDS football.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

VitalSigns posted:

lmao the guy who was appalled to find out Pink Floyd weren't war-loving conservative racists.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

Woah, wait, Another Brick in the Wall wasn't about building the border wall with Mexico?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Plinkey posted:

Woah, wait, Another Brick in the Wall wasn't about building the border wall with Mexico?

If you don't eat your carnitas you can't have any churros!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
it looks like the second attempt to save hard working whites from the horrors of Obumbo's Islamic Negrocare Act is dead in the water

if it really fails, let's see if freepers will be as mad about it as they are about being reminded that black people have rights too

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh my god, this meltdown out of nowhere is the loving best.

Also I wanna meet that magical flag that gives you freedom of speech. Does it cast a spell? Does it do a little ceremony?

Your flag worship is as confusing to me as your military worship.

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin
Jul 19, 2000

Oven Wrangler

Plinkey posted:

No, obviously it's about the virtues of Christian homeschooling.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

It’s like bribing our children to discipline them and we end up with a knock down drag out with them as a teenager... Discipline when young and you have a healthy teenager and adult. The same is true in foreign policy.
All other countries are children and America is the adult in the room wait where are the other negotiators going...

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

You know, what really gets me about the complaints against the kneeling is the circular nature of it.
First they invent a bogus meaning of the protest, claiming that it was anti American and meant to demean the flag.
Then they get upset about it and complain endlessly to anyone who will listen.
And then they poo poo on the players for not protesting in a manner that highlights their original criticism, when it was THEM who forced the conversation to be about something else.
Just gently caress off.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

VitalSigns posted:

it's also very much STDH, since Roger didn't tour in 2004, never altered song lyrics, and never stopped the show for "commentary" outside of a brief explanation of new material (at least on the tour he's misremembering). Dude probably heard In the Flesh and thought it was nonironic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

whatever happened to caste football anyway? They've really missed the bus on all this racial hate resurgence.

Queens of Marsbury would be a good drag troupe name.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

Just wait until he finds out about Neil Young

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

If saying "I didn't like this" guarantees you getting your money back whenever you go to the movies or go out to eat then why don't people just always lie and say they didn't enjoy it so they can watch movies and eat out for free all the time?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Eventually you would run out of places that you serve things with a higher food to human waste ratio.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

SocketWrench posted:

I don't think any of us know. It got changed to something good and by the end of the day got changed to that

I too was disappointed that Chicago Lady hadn't recently been newsworthy or involved in :freep: dramatics.

The new title reminded me of goons brigading her live internet chat event during her campaign, pretty sure I signed up as Chicano Lady to ramble about "guerilla republicanism" with Ken M style dialog and butchered early Soviet quotes.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
Also lol at pearl-clutching over a rocker saying "gently caress Bush", which freepers say all the time now that they've disowned W Bush as a big government amnesty-loving liberal RINO

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Twelve by Pies posted:

If saying "I didn't like this" guarantees you getting your money back whenever you go to the movies or go out to eat then why don't people just always lie and say they didn't enjoy it so they can watch movies and eat out for free all the time?

People who do this are the reason that retail workers hate humanity.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Twelve by Pies posted:

There are people who try this and also yell at retail workers to get free stuff, and they are the worst people imaginable.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

21 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:48:03 AM by sharkhawk (Chelsea Dagger)

"that's the joke" emoji but turned into a sort of "that's conservatives"

quote:

This forum gets more insane by the day.

The other day it was stated here that every town of 1000 people deserves a hospital regardless of taxpayer expense!

22 posted on 9/25/2017, 9:52:10 AM by jjotto ("Ya could look it up!")

But no one deserves healthcare so no one can afford those hospitals

quote:

Well, I had no idea Roger Waters was such an anti-American dirtbag and all around liberal moonbat douche.

A band known for raging against lopsided, overreaching political systems had a member raging against a lopsided, overreaching political system and it was totally an eye opener....jesus Christ freepers are idiots
Not to mention the band is English

sheep-dodger posted:

You know, what really gets me about the complaints against the kneeling is the circular nature of it.
First they invent a bogus meaning of the protest, claiming that it was anti American and meant to demean the flag.
Then they get upset about it and complain endlessly to anyone who will listen.
And then they poo poo on the players for not protesting in a manner that highlights their original criticism, when it was THEM who forced the conversation to be about something else.
Just gently caress off.

It got better when the WH said they should protest the police in the field, not the flag....exactly what do they think they were doing and how else would you protest police in the field aside from forming large groups the government is writing laws to make it legal to run over and orders police to shoot into them? This millenium so far has been just a mess of idiocy and crazy

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SocketWrench posted:

A band known for raging against lopsided, overreaching political systems had a member raging against a lopsided, overreaching political system and it was totally an eye opener....jesus Christ freepers are idiots
Not to mention the band is English

Every post Roger makes on social media during his current tour, the first three comments are invariably either "WHY WAS THERE POLITICAL STUFF DURING 'ANIMALS' OF ALL THINGS" which is just precious, or "i heard u like nazis"