Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

boethius posted:

The citizenry will be safe under his umbrella

that shoots poison gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

"Pounded in the Butt With My Own Dick by My Own Cat Who Also Stole My Dick to Pound Me in the Butt With"

predictable

but on point

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

my point exactly

trump being incapable of conscious thought doesn't mean that the situation isn't approaching a scenario where someone jumpy hits the button

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

#covfefe

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

still lmaoing that verrit is a thing that exists that someone thought would be important

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
if you're watching the FBI presser on the college basketball scandal....

[in extremely jim carrery riddler voice]

and.... here.... we.... go

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also in the batman tv show the penguin did run for mayor with flashy displays and dancing girls, against batman who was boring as hell and only focused on the issues

breaking from reality, batman won

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zegermans posted:

what if it is the FBI itself.

:vince:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Yinlock posted:

i thought labour's brexit support post-vote was basically "it's better to just do it then dwell in this weird half-brexit where nothing can get done"

he voted to leave in the actual vote. labour have no official position on what kind of brexit other than they voted extremely for it once it went ot a parliament vote which turned out to be a very good move for the general eelection

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/wOQ2Hj5.mp4

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Dennis Skinner rules

https://twitter.com/Corbynator2/status/892773055969275905

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the labour shadow chancellor is also cool and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgKyN2ihqP4

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

boethius posted:

I look forward to all the incredible contortions to only apply "free speech" to the right.

Liberty Counsel, ADF, Heritage, and others all have their groomed test cases lined up and ready to face a justice department that will make quiet fart arguments and aggressively favor their victory.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Jose posted:

its a shame he voted for brexit because even with noble intentions the tories are still in charge

This also means you can post this video on Facebook with a dumb title like "Pro- Brexit politician owns the MSM" and watch the brains melt in real time

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dodgy dave you absolute plonker dave you plonker wotcher rodders stick a pony in me pocket

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

pathetic little tramp posted:

if you're watching the FBI presser on the college basketball scandal....

[in extremely jim carrery riddler voice]

and.... here.... we.... go

what is that scandal?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

no idea what that means but ill bet it sounds cool in a british accent

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yinlock posted:

also in the batman tv show the penguin did run for mayor with flashy displays and dancing girls, against batman who was boring as hell and only focused on the issues

breaking from reality, batman won

yeah but batman also caught penguin on tape saying he could just grab people and take whatever he wanted, and the people didn't stand for it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

no idea what that means but ill bet it sounds cool in a british accent

he got expelled from the session for it because you're not allowed to suggest an mp is corrupt

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

loving Twitter. lol

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Gringostar posted:

what is that scandal?

several ncaa assistant coaches and a guy from adidas arrested on corruption charges

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This FBI press conference re: NCAABB corruption is real damning, y'all
http://www.wdrb.com/story/36454374/watch-live-us-attorneys-office-to-address-fbis-investigation-of-ncaa-officials-at-12-pm

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gringostar posted:

what is that scandal?

Adidas paid a bunch of college coaches money that the coaches then paid money to families to get kids to play for certain schools under the promise that those kids would then become Adidas-only players in the NBA.

Multiple schools, at least seven. Four charges brought against coaches as Auburn, Okie State, Zona, and USC

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

[quote="“mister magpie”" post="“476783955”"]
several ncaa assistant coaches and a guy from adidas arrested on corruption charges
[/quote]

giving wipipo money to black kids and their families is a serious offense the fbi is ready to investigate.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

This guy owns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wow what if the schools just paid the players directly for their work

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol at this guy stealing valor

not so lol at 3.5 million ppl watching his killing antifia vids not lol at all

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
solution: pay student athletes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

best thunk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mister magpie posted:

that would destroy the institution of college sports !!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

punchymcpunch posted:

dodgy dave you absolute plonker dave you plonker wotcher rodders stick a pony in me pocket

ahaha

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yinlock posted:

that shoots poison gas

Dr. Keith Assblow

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Adidas paid a bunch of college coaches money that the coaches then paid money to families to get kids to play for certain schools under the promise that those kids would then become Adidas-only players in the NBA.

Multiple schools, at least seven. Four charges brought against coaches as Auburn, Okie State, Zona, and USC

They're paying college athletes? That's hosed up man.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

seriously. it's illegal, but it's dumb. These kids are woefully underpaid at 100,000 dollars.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tfw lowtax probates someone who tried to get you probated for saying anyone who identifies as a gamer should kill themselves

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

He's getting jumped on a bunch in the comments here but I seriously agree hard with what he's trying to get at. Impartiality is #fakenews and a journalist's views are absolutely going to influence not just what questions they ask, but how they interpret the answers they receive. Especially today when facts don't matter and all we have is context to try to figure out what is actually happening. I forget which philosopher was huge on "There is no way to separate the philosophy from the philosopher" but *that*... big time.

Also, supersize that for me.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

alnilam posted:

still lmaoing that verrit is a thing that exists that someone thought would be important

its the sound you make when you squish yer gums against yer lips

its fun

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mister magpie posted:

hell, even just not pushing them into lovely majors that have their classes scheduled around practice times and properly feeding them would be a good start.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"Some would say" is something journalists say because they're too lazy to name names or they're trying to say something themselves while lying that they're just passing it on. It's the second-worst thing in journalism behind the headline with the question mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

you'd ruin the PURITY OF THE GAME!~

• Locked thread