Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Powaqoatse posted:

dlls are gross as hell please dont post any again
:regd11:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Powaqoatse posted:

welcome to dll hell

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:barf:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

true.dat

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I'm nofriend.html, or .htm. Who knows what the actual extension is because for some loving reason hiding the extension is still the default behavior.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi, this keyboard layout is loving horrifying
https://twitter.com/doksan/status/911741117711781888

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

hunching over laptops is already bad enough when the screen is close. with this thing you will end up like a loving xenomorph

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'll be R E P U B L I C O F G A M E R S

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

this is violence

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

I'll be R E P U B L I C O F G A M E R S

my job bought thic rear end giant rog laptops with backlight keyboards and shiny lights for everyone in my department except me, the boss, and our lawyer

feeling real smug with my xps 13 when everyone else looks like idiot child who scammed their american grandmother for money

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

my job bought thic rear end giant rog laptops with backlight keyboards and shiny lights for everyone in my department except me, the boss, and our lawyer

feeling real smug with my xps 13 when everyone else looks like idiot child who scammed their american grandmother for money

lmao. were they really that much cheaper than thinkpad p50s?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

lmao. were they really that much cheaper than thinkpad p50s?

i have no loving idea how much p50s cost, but these rogs, to my eyeball (havent bothered to check the specs) looks like start from 1.3 grand for the shittiest config (8 gb ram and 128gb ssd, or something like that)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

they probably were bought from some wholesaler or some other sady poo poo because our employer is russian and cheap af.

cheap af as in i had to make a two week fight about buying myself a visual studio seat after everything was cleared by my boss because they had some ~reasons~ prohibiting purchase from the official microsoft latvia store. they ended up ignoring everything i said, bought an olp nl gov licence because it was like 80 dollars cheaper.

naturally, since this isn't russia and that was a legit microsoft reseller, they followed through with checks to see why are we ordering a governmental licence for vs, so i had the delight of sticking it in over skype to our "procurement person" on behalf of my boss while she agreed that the same store gives us a regular commercial licence, which ended up costing 50 dollars more than what was available at the microsoft store

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

does anyone know why font driver host is not under nt_authority, and why is it fancying 7% of my cpu atm?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
fonts used to be in the kernel and they finally got around to moving them out to user mode for security reasons. the font host should be running as its own user mode font user to keep it separate from everything. idk why its using cpu.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

does anyone know why font driver host is not under nt_authority, and why is it fancying 7% of my cpu atm?

because windows is a pos

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

fonts used to be in the kernel and they finally got around to moving them out to user mode for security reasons. the font host should be running as its own user mode font user to keep it separate from everything. idk why its using cpu.

right, im vaguelly recalling some secfuck thread chat about windows fonts a year-two back. was just looking at higher than usual cpu usage and noticed that font host is its own user

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i remember hacking team had a whole category of just font bugs in their catalog.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I think they should be applauded for getting rocket league to run on that Sinclair

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Shaggar posted:

when did this happen? fonts were still kernel-mode last I checked on win10

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it was one of the major updates iirc but idk which one. its possible its not entirely migrated out of the kernel tho

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

at least they are committing resources to tackle that for a change. should have been working on it since Vista

pram
Jun 10, 2001

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I think they should be applauded for getting rocket league to run on that Sinclair

:shepface:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my eyes

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i see they've given it authentically terrible keys

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

it may just be a wallpaper

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

is that the same guys that did the commodore pc

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no. Sinclair is a different bad dead "computer" manufacturer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm the sd card

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm the sd card

sure you're not true wide?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

akadajet posted:

sure you're not true wide?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

shocking

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

poop touching?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Powaqoatse posted:

poop touching?

:barf:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Powaqoatse posted:

poop touching?

what great gift to a colleague you dislike

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

"Recently, I actually did switch to an Android phone," he said, speaking on Fox News Sunday.
Microsoft's own Windows-powered phones have failed to make a significant impact on the smartphone market, which is dominated by devices running Google's Android operating system.
However, Mr Gates said he had installed lots of Microsoft apps on his phone.
When asked whether he also had an iPhone, perhaps as a secondary device, he replied: "No, no iPhone."
He did not reveal which particular smartphone he currently uses.

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
Android. Ugh. Should have stuck with the Windows phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

• Locked thread