Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Majorian posted:

Yeah, for some terrific examples, have a look at the replies to Tom Perez's (genuinely good and encouraging) tweet yesterday:

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/911332070311555072

What in the gently caress. Can I pretend these are all Russians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

What in the gently caress. Can I pretend these are all Russians?

I mean, there's a greater-than-zero chance that this is the case...

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Majorian posted:

Yeah, for some terrific examples, have a look at the replies to Tom Perez's (genuinely good and encouraging) tweet yesterday:

This is a great yet idk if I trust the Dems to actually follow through.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I have to wonder if there aren't malicious groups deliberately trying to sow discord between Sanders and the establishment left, because Sanders leading the establishment left is a nightmare scenario for a lot of power blocs.

eight percenters are a thing, but thankfully mostly limited to twitter cranks and msnbc hosts

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

This is a great yet idk if I trust the Dems to actually follow through.

Yeah, and Perez is, uh...not exactly striking me as the strongest party leader I've ever seen, anyway.

Still, where there's hope, there's life, yada yada.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

I honestly can't see how you can care about social justice or people of color without looking at economic issues first. A lot of things tie back to economic issues and I think Sanders has the right idea.

e:
Just realized, I meant to quote your first post not this one.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 26, 2017

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Majorian posted:

Holy gently caress those replies.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Yeah, this was an inaccurate/incomplete way of describing pricing mechanisms. Demand is part of the value calculation, not the entirety. At equilibrium, inputs probably determine the entirety of the value. Demand is still largely subjective, however. The problem for any system attempting to replace the free market is figuring out how to anticipate, respond to and meet subjective drivers of demand in the context of limited resources (because it isn't central planning!).

You seem very sure of that last point while being unsure of everything else. I don't want to start the central planning debate, so I'll simply say that if demand actually whiplashed around in a completely unpredictable way, capitalism wouldn't even work because factories don't sprout out of the ground overnight.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

RuanGacho posted:

Holy gently caress those replies.

Yeah, I don't really understand how those folks, or how the more deranged Bernie fans, think that they can save this country without working together. This needs to be a coalition, one that provides attention and funds as equally between its two legs as possible. As a fat dead dude said, "We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

As I've said previously, competency, social and economic justice. Not one, not two, all at once.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/912727802696421377

i've heard the "our military fights for freedom" bullshit before, but racial equality and justice? :laffo:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Hating Bernie makes sense if you're a lovely neolib but what really gets me is that they want specifically Hillary back, the woman who lost to Donald loving Trump, rather than a neolib who can win elections like Obama. I think these people are still in denial about her loss and really think that minus Comey and RUSSIA she would have crushed Trump in an EV landslide.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

RuanGacho posted:

As I've said previously, competency, social and economic justice. Not one, not two, all at once.

Yes this. Economic growth is useless if cops are still free to murder us.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Yes this. Economic growth is useless if cops are still free to murder us.

:agreed: Plus poo poo like hiring discrimination, wage gaps, etc, kind of undermine economic justice, just a bit. Gotta be all of the above.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MaxxBot posted:

really think that minus Comey and RUSSIA she would have crushed Trump in an EV landslide.

I mean Nate Silver basically proved that minus Comey this would be true. Doesn't mean we should go back to Clinton (we shouldn't) but this is actually a true thing.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Condiv posted:

i hate the new dems logo

it's so uninspired

Where does this come from? Which group produced it? It keeps getting posted and laughed at, but never sourced.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I mean Nate Silver basically proved that minus Comey this would be true. Doesn't mean we should go back to Clinton (we shouldn't) but this is actually a true thing.

Given the demographics and a pretty astounding amount of income inequality, this should have been a slam dunk win for democrats at all levels, and it wasn't. Talking about Comey and such is missing that point. Clinton should have been able to ride in on a tide of 1000 years of liberal darkness based purely on people being pissed off about their lack of economic stability and their personal rights being chomped away at no matter what was brought up.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Main Paineframe posted:

Where does this come from? Which group produced it? It keeps getting posted and laughed at, but never sourced.

It seems almost tailor-made to attack divisions between the left and center-left, more so than any other purpose. I highly suspect it was made by a Republican or someone acting on their behalf.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Rando losers on twitter.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Hellblazer187 posted:

If you have a general who loses a vital battle to a badly outmatched opponent because said general simply assumed they were going to win and failed to enact basic best-practices then the fault for defeat lies squarely with the general. (You also find a new general while putting the old one out to pasture where they won;t cause further problems.) If Hillary had just imported Obama's ground game and basic political strategy then Comey would not have been enough to defeat her. It was her idiotic (and hubris-filled) assumption that she had already won that left her campaign in a weak enough position that Comey was able to tilt the scales against her.

Hillary kvetching about Comey is like a general of an army claiming that they only lost the war because the other army shot back instead of just accepting their defeat like they should have.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Given the demographics and a pretty astounding amount of income inequality, this should have been a slam dunk win for democrats at all levels, and it wasn't. Talking about Comey and such is missing that point. Clinton should have been able to ride in on a tide of 1000 years of liberal darkness based purely on people being pissed off about their lack of economic stability and their personal rights being chomped away at no matter what was brought up.

I agree - it shouldn't have been a close enough election for that to have mattered. But as a factual assertion, it almost certainly is true that the Comey letter changed the result.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

Trabisnikof posted:

Rando losers on twitter.

Yeah, no one serious, as far as I can tell. My bigger concern, of course, is how symptomatic it (and the above-cited crazy replies to Perez) may be of weird personal resentment against Sanders personally, and the challenge it creates for party unity.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Majorian posted:

Yeah, no one serious, as far as I can tell. My bigger concern, of course, is how symptomatic it (and the above-cited crazy replies to Perez) may be of weird personal resentment against Sanders personally, and the challenge it creates for party unity.

I'd argue the opposite, that it's some outside person trying to make that division worse. Look at how weirdly blurry it is. How it tries to look like an official DNC thing without actively claiming to be. I think it's a trick.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This is stupid as poo poo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

A lovely Reporter posted:

I'd argue the opposite, that it's some outside person trying to make that division worse. Look at how weirdly blurry it is. How it tries to look like an official DNC thing without actively claiming to be. I think it's a trick.

Definitely possible.

Either way, the point is, I think we need to tell people with weird personal grudges against political candidates to shut the hell up. Time to focus on the future.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I think it comes from here https://www.reddit.com/r/Enough_Sanders_Spam/comments/6h86b0/a_message_to_the_unity_reform_commision/, three months ago. And then it was edited by the group there until it became that new image.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/912765879150170112

The Senate is officially now in play for 18.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I've been aware of this subreddit for a while, but I'm amazed/disturbed that people still post on it.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Hellblazer187 posted:

It's true that she probably would have won but it still would have been an embarrassing showing against a candidate with a 60% disapproval rating, half the money, and only one month post pussy-grab.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MaxxBot posted:

It's true that she probably would have won but it still would have been an embarrassing showing against a candidate with a 60% disapproval rating, half the money, and only one month post pussy-grab.

:agreed:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

axeil posted:

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/912765879150170112

The Senate is officially now in play for 18.

Fun fact, 538 literally posted an article yesterday about several potential events that could change the calculus in 18 for the Senate. (Menendez retires or is forced out before Christie is gone, McCain dies, etc.) This, or technically Corker losing a primary, was one.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

Trump helped show exactly how regressive America really is.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/DavidAllen909/status/912738889885872128

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

MaxxBot posted:

Hating Bernie makes sense if you're a lovely neolib but what really gets me is that they want specifically Hillary back, the woman who lost to Donald loving Trump, rather than a neolib who can win elections like Obama. I think these people are still in denial about her loss and really think that minus Comey and RUSSIA she would have crushed Trump in an EV landslide.

Who? edit-nm i gotcha. the people replying in twitter. We know who that is.

I think they just want people to stop being lovely about the first major woman candidate who got screwed over in a bunch of ways out of her control.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 26, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nevvy Z posted:

The people who remember the Verrit verification code for "Hillary Democrats are the heart and conscience of America."

lol@ pretending you don't know there is a strong contingent of people convinced their party should just return to the pre-November state and carry on like nothing happened.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nevvy Z posted:

I think they just want people to stop being lovely about the first major woman candidate who got screwed over in a bunch of ways out of her control.

is there a hillaryis46.com yet

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

It looks like someone trolling democrats, honestly.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

A lot of their replies are quite literally, "Kick out Bernie and his supporters."

Chilichimp posted:

It looks like someone trolling democrats, honestly.

I hope you're right.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

this guy apparently? with a very ironic username/post combo

https://twitter.com/ikerepublican/status/874387900330389504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

this guy apparently? with a very ironic username/post combo

https://twitter.com/ikerepublican/status/874387900330389504