Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

How do you actually kill things with WoL?

It's not about winning, it's about sending a message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Since status abilities are out I tossed my WoL in with Razmataz and bladeblitz 1st before anything.

Really considering tossing some Dodge on him, just to make him more annoying.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Office Thug posted:

With bladeblitz :v:

It does seem like a lot of arena teams have at least one WoL now, though, and those teams do include the popular arena annoyances like Rem/Amelia/Noctis/Setzer so there's a good chance I'm not fighting someone's raid team.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's not about winning, it's about sending a message.

Actually, yeah, I just noticed that WoL can use every weapon. Give each of them The Worst status weapons you have and then just Bladeblitz repeat to victory. Goddamn, now I kind of wish I hadn't crunched my ten 21Os so I could TMR farm more mechanical hearts.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Part of the leaks, they might finally make actually useful skill descriptions!

Also lol at the choice of example in the middle.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

HGH posted:

Link is broken for me.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vax posted:

What boggles my mind is that noone actually talks about the fact that they rake in around $10 MILLION a month. Thats loving $120 MILLION a year. I mean :psyduck: that's basically StarCitizen funding in a year.

I love how many people on reddit and elsewhere thought FFBE only made a couple million dollars a year and how the ransom amount was more than Gumi could pay (they wouldn't pay any amount because lol if you trust hackers) when hitting the top 10 spot for even a single day means an app brought in several million dollars in those 24 hours.

On the upside, barring some massive shift in the market it's unlikely we'll run out of FFBE to play for a good long while.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

HGH posted:

I reuploaded it to imgur:

fukkin lol

e: but it does look nice, not having to check the wiki to see how poo poo works sucked

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Armitage posted:

With bladeblitz :v:

It does seem like a lot of arena teams have at least one WoL now, though, and those teams do include the popular arena annoyances like Rem/Amelia/Noctis/Setzer so there's a good chance I'm not fighting someone's raid team.

My current team

WoL
Amelia
Ashe
Setzer
Setzer

All immune to stone.

The WoL slot is a revolving door of random units. Onion Knight occasionally, Ashe #2, Ace etc.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Hello friends

I have a buddy that just started the game, and could use some Goon powered assistance.

His friend code is 937 412 169

Thanks!

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Scrublord could I use your anti-fire dude for the Story event. I just don't have the juice to beat him solo yet. I don't have you as a friend yet, but if you make a little room I will invite post haste.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Vax posted:

What boggles my mind is that noone actually talks about the fact that they rake in around $10 MILLION a month. Thats loving $120 MILLION a year. I mean :psyduck: that's basically StarCitizen funding in a year.

Ready your wallet. This is the future of gaming.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Wyrmthang posted:

Scrublord could I use your anti-fire dude for the Story event. I just don't have the juice to beat him solo yet. I don't have you as a friend yet, but if you make a little room I will invite post haste.

I accepted your request and put him back up. Hopefully his blind never lands and makes the fight take forever.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Vax posted:

120 mil scamming people with lovely shadow draws.

Final fantasy brave exvius thread: another sketchy ff6 character exploit to get infinite money.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Office Thug posted:

you dont and that team auto loses to a bartz with a golem staff

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rabidsquid posted:

you dont and that team auto loses to a bartz with a golem staff

Until the team of 5 wols all have ribbons.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

and then you auto lose to stop

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

and then you auto lose to stop

Then it becomes 4 wol and an ayaka with ribbons.
Welcome to gacha, where the arms race never ends.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i really hope to snag an Ayaka so that i never have to think about arena ever again

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Welp I was about to ask about whether or not those "HP Threshold" passive buffs stack with applied buffs, but I just did some testing and nope!

What is even the point of those passives? The few that are actually good and not just 3-turn buffs are still gone forever the moment the unit dies or gets Dispelled. And I mean, once you get Enhanced Soleil or eventually at some point maybe never Enhanced Ramza all those "massive" 100%+ ATK threshold buffs become either on par with or completely overridden by just their party buffs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alright, for the Raid Items, I've crafted the following:

Galkan Dagger, Parade Gorget x2, Raven Beret x2, Parade Cuirass x2, Shark Gun, Slick Dart, Orc Piercer, Divine Shield, Golden Hairpin x2, Iridial Staff x2, and Tactician Magician's Coat x2 (I also wasn't paying attention, and crafted a Tactician Magician's Wand).

At this point, I should be good, and can just sell Raid Coins, right? I've got 2 Shantottos, both with a Golden Hairpin and a Parade Gorget for QuadNado Casting Fun, just as soon as I get the Golden Eggs & Sacred Crystals I need to Awaken my 2nd Shantotto.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 26, 2017

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Thanks Scrublord, Buttz is slowly killing the Dragon as I type this out. You rule man!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Status procs on weapons, is it calculated once per attack or multiple times for multi-hit abilities?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

Status procs on weapons, is it calculated once per attack or multiple times for multi-hit abilities?

Once per "attack", as far as I know, but a dual-wielding character does the attack two separate times.

That's why Bartz/Firion + A Golem Staff is pretty much the arena killer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

KataraniSword posted:

Once per "attack", as far as I know, but a dual-wielding character does the attack two separate times.

It doesn't attack with one weapon then the other? Or are you giving them two staves somehow?

And Onion Knight or any other dual-wielding staff user with an AoE attack would fill the same niche right?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Tengames posted:

Final fantasy brave exvius thread: another sketchy ff6 character exploit to get infinite money.

this is good :retrogames:

Wyrmthang posted:

Thanks Scrublord, Buttz is slowly killing the Dragon as I type this out. You rule man!

:hfive:

Bruceski posted:

It doesn't attack with one weapon then the other? Or are you giving them two staves somehow?

And Onion Knight or any other dual-wielding staff user with an AoE attack would fill the same niche right?

For ATK calculating purposes it attacks with one weapon then the other but both attacks gain the element and status afflictions of both weapons combined. A single Golem Staff or Razzmatazz with any other weapon will give both attacks the petrify chance for example.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Apparently there is about 3 and a half hours from this post until the "Deadline" per the hacker.

Not sure what else is released/what will happen.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

THEY FIXED THE HAT

...and while yes, it's an obvious fix, I feel obligated to point out that I posted this exact fix last year when they first showed off VLC Fina, before she was even released, just the banner news.

<---my sprite edit

e: oh, and the new units:

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 26, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

due to some top tier cropping in that last image i can argue that square enix is offering the tity upgrade on BC Lid

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

THEY FIXED THE HAT

That’s the last straw with this dumb game. Going F2P...

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Cartoon Man posted:

That’s the last straw with this dumb game. Going F2P...

Calm yourself, they're gonna be offering VLCFina's old hat as part of a $1 bundle for Halloween.

EDIT: Am I missing any Goon Onion Knight friends? I need more chaining buddies! Newbies are also welcome.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 26, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Or Lasswell with Razz because he has an AOE that hits twice, giving him 4 hits when he dual wields.

Dana Crysalis posted:

e: oh, and the new units:

:shepspends:

Guessing the halloween even will be split in to two banners because if they'd put four 5* base units on a single banner that'd be some next level bullshit. Plus if they split the units across two banners it means one new and one old 4* base and 5* base per banner. With BC Lid as the 3* on both, maybe.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My understanding from the leaks is that the old Halloween banner characters except BC Lid aren't returning. It'll be two weeks of Sakura, Jake, Nichol, and Lid which is a better balanced banner at least.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Calm yourself, they're gonna be offering VLCFina's old hat as part of a $1 bundle for Halloween.

EDIT: Am I missing any Goon Onion Knight friends? I need more chaining buddies! Newbies are also welcome.

i'll be putting up my onion knight once i grind out his sword. but we're already friends. your boy has been a great help in two-rounding the shadow lord

edit: i could put him up now actually. his attack is higher than tidus even though he's only fielding a genji blade and aqua sword (lol) at the moment

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

My understanding from the leaks is that the old Halloween banner characters except BC Lid aren't returning. It'll be two weeks of Sakura, Jake, Nichol, and Lid which is a better balanced banner at least.

Never underestimate Gumi’s ability to gently caress with things. Just like how the developers wanted Eve for the raid gacha and the executives put it on banner to gently caress with 9S. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them put the old units back in to add more competition for your pulls.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

literally not a single one of my 5* draws has ever been on banner so add as many base 5* to a banner as you like gumi, i wont notice a difference

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are these a 2nd wave of leaks that just happened?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Never underestimate Gumi’s ability to gently caress with things. Just like how the developers wanted Eve for the raid gacha and the executives put it on banner to gently caress with 9S. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them put the old units back in to add more competition for your pulls.

Very true, gotta get that 5k lapis the hackers gave everybody out of the system somehow! :retrogames:

e:

HGH posted:

Are these a 2nd wave of leaks that just happened?

I saw these this morning in discord

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scrublord Prime posted:

Reddit says we'll be getting a second banner with the old set towards the end of the month, along with the blood moon trial and bahamut esper. I'm tentatively going to wait and see what the new dude's TMs are before trying to roll a demon rain. Plus they're all coming after the four fiends who might be unexpectedly awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ahh, well that sounds better than a triple 5* banner at least.

• Locked thread