Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

http://www.phillyvoice.com/nfc-hierarchyobituary-giants-and-49ers-are-dead/ - article if folks are interested

Jimmy Kempski posted:

As you may or may not know, every year I publish my "dumpster fire series" in which I lay out 10 reasons each team in the NFC East could be a dumpster fire that season. They're meant to point out all the flaws of each team (every team in the NFL has them), in sort of a fun way.

Anyway, let's take a quick look back at the 10 reasons we gave for why they may be a dumpster fire this year:

1. Eli Manning was bad last year -- He was better Week 3, but bad the first two games. Check.
2.(2a) The Giants might have the worst set of offensive tackles in the NFL, and
(2b) actually, the Giants' offensive line as a whole is bad -- Check.
3. The Giants still can't run the ball -- Check.
4. Actually, the Giants' offense in general wasn't very good -- It still isn't. Check.
5. The Giants' one star weapon on offense is an immature baby -- Check.
6. The Giants won a lot of close games last year -- They've only had one close one this year, and they lost it. Check.
7. Who is this kicker? -- Well, he hasn't hurt them yet, to my knowledge. I'd look up the kicker's stats, but the Giants are done, so who cares?
8. The defense is likely to regress to some degree -- Check.
9. The Giants stayed improbably healthy last year -- They missed some key players so far this season, and have not been able to win with their depth. Check.
10. The Giants have to face four teams coming off their bye week -- We haven't even gotten into that part of the schedule yet, and they're already 0-3.

At -33, the Giants have the worst point differential in the NFC. As you can see above, they are not only two games behind all the other teams in the division in overall record, they're also 0-3 in the NFC and 0-2 in the division. It's going to be extraordinarily difficult for them to win any tiebreakers.

The Giants are done.

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

aBagorn posted:

Maybe I'm being too critical on the home squad here but I don't think the Eagles offense is solid by any metric :shrug:

e: \/ yeah losing/not having a key interior piece of the defense at all 3 levels was pretty crippling

You have a good QB, your line is pretty good, and while your run game is milquetoast at best you have some viable receiving weapons. You're not going to the Super Bowl but I could see the playoffs.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

lol man brutal but very likely correct.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Redskins @ the Chiefs Monday night could be a very interesting game. Chiefs are favored by 7 but I have a feeling it's going to be close.

Refesh my memory: do the Redskins only poo poo the bed against NFC East teams on Monday night, or do they suck on Mondays against everyone?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

Redskins @ the Chiefs Monday night could be a very interesting game. Chiefs are favored by 7 but I have a feeling it's going to be close.

Refesh my memory: do the Redskins only poo poo the bed against NFC East teams on Monday night, or do they suck on Mondays against everyone?

They suck on Mondays vs. everyone. I think they are 1-16 in the Snyder era.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So what was up with Beckham's little tantrum on the sidelines after his touchdown/pissing flag? It looked like he was going nuts and trying to hype up what Giants fans were in the stadium but then another angle made him look upset. Giants players seemed to be ignoring it and a coach had to come over and tell him to stop. Is that just par for the course for him?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

So what was up with Beckham's little tantrum on the sidelines after his touchdown/pissing flag? It looked like he was going nuts and trying to hype up what Giants fans were in the stadium but then another angle made him look upset. Giants players seemed to be ignoring it and a coach had to come over and tell him to stop. Is that just par for the course for him?

You seem to have observed what happened

Football is an emotional game I love obj. He's great

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

quote:

5. The Giants' one star weapon on offense is an immature baby -- Check.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Brandon Marshall spit on a fan before the game.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/brandon-marshall-spits-on-fan-video-new-york-giants-vs-philadelphia-eagles/6861lph3786n1ffqxu2g8i382

classy.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
That's awesome

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yudo posted:

Yeah if they somehow don't lose Monday it will actually be more shocking than what happened Sunday night.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is lame and emotional but this thread hammers home how important the NFC east has been to my life. I've never hated anyone more than cowboys and Washington team and the giants Jesus Christ.

It's mostly the Aikman Irvin Smith cowboys team. Dear god they were a crime against humanity

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

It's mostly the Aikman Irvin Smith cowboys team. Dear god they were a crime against humanity

Yep. I don't really share your hatred of the Giants and Washington team, but HOLY poo poo do I loving hate the Cowboys.

Mostly because after their second Super Bowl win, I saw, like, a 200% increase in Cowboys merch among the kids in my school and it really made me angry.

YOU LIVE IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA, KID! GET THAT loving STAR poo poo OFF!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:c00lbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I find it fun that both Romo took the Cowboys QB-broadcast booth career path same as Aikman and has now made Troy look like poo poo at both jobs.

Not that the average Cowboys fan will admit that because ringz, but whatever. I just hope that all players from the 90s Cowboys harbor deep, drowning doubt in their souls over every aspect of their lives from their career choices down to their breakfast cereal options.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Quiet Feet posted:

I find it fun that both Romo took the Cowboys QB-broadcast booth career path same as Aikman and has now made Troy look like poo poo at both jobs.

Not that the average Cowboys fan will admit that because ringz, but whatever. I just hope that all players from the 90s Cowboys harbor deep, drowning doubt in their souls over every aspect of their lives from their career choices down to their breakfast cereal options.

Wait, someone things romo is good in the booth? What?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Everyone thinks he is good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Malcolm Jenkins is the best Eagle since ...

Since uh

Hmmm

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sickening posted:

Romo is fun as hell in the booth.

[quote="“euphronius”" post="“476796634”"]
You seem to have observed what happened

Football is an emotional game I love obj. He’s great
[/quote]

I'm obligated to not like him since he wrecks our secondary but he's by far your best weapon so I can't be too mad.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Quiet Feet posted:

Be fair now, Romo didn't have to take shots to the head from Lavar Arrington.

You think Michael Irvin remembers his breakfast five seconds after he eats it ?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

Malcolm Jenkins is the best Eagle since ...

Since uh

Hmmm

Dawkins?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

axeil posted:

Dawkins?

There you go

Dawkins

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Looking at the Eagles schedule, their toughest opponent over the next five games is... The Redskins? On a Monday Night? :cool:

This schedule isn't looking quite as rough as it did before the season.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

AvesPKS posted:

You think Michael Irvin remembers his breakfast five seconds after he eats it ?

Crack is a hell of a drug.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Yudo posted:

They are 1-16 AT HOME on MNF during the Snyder era. They are 4-3 on the road.

Not that they should be favored or anything against the Chiefs, but Washington doesn't have any unique incompetency on the road.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 27, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are the chargers the good LA team or the bad one

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

They are 1-16 AT HOME on MNF during the Snyder era.

Fed Ex is trash and it's littered with fans of the road team because why would you want to go to that dump and watch the Skins lose then get home at 1 am.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

Are the chargers the good LA team or the bad one

Unknown. Although the Rams look like they might be good?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is it the goff team or the rivers team ???

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

euphronius posted:

Is it the goff team or the rivers team ???

Rivers team.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

They are 1-16 AT HOME on MNF during the Snyder era. They are 4-3 on the road.

Not that they should be favored or anything against the Chiefs, but Washington doesn't have any unique incompetency on the road.

Missed that part of the stat. In my defense 5-19 is nothing to crow about. I say this not to be accusatory but rather it affirms the dread I feel each Monday night, as if some nebulous beat down awaits.

The redskins false start at FedEx. Arrowhead will be a horror show.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh no the rivers la team has mevin Gordon

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sickening posted:

I can see how this happened but you should fix this and watch any game with him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NotWearingPants posted:

Washington is dogshit in prime time, which makes the SNF game against Oakland even more of a fluke. One of two things will happen on Monday. Either the team will continue their majestic trajectory upward, peaking right around the Wild Card game before crashing hard, or they'll remember they're based in Washington and poo poo the bed in front of everyone before spending the rest of the season being a milquetoast joke. I'm not sure which is more likely to happen, but it will be whatever generates the most schadenfreude.

Cash Monet posted:

Fed Ex is trash and it's littered with fans of the road team because why would you want to go to that dump and watch the Skins lose then get home at 1 am.

It's more than that. Washington is one of the most transient cities in America. You have people from all over the country spending time here as staffers, federal employees, visitors, and whatnot and all of them bring their preferences from home. It's also one of the least accessible stadiums I have ever seen, with a literally mile long walk required if you take Metro and horrible parking that takes hours to escape from. Combined with the fact that it's dirty, old, and overpriced there is little reason for a fan to go unless they've had season tickets since the 70s or whatever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dallas also is a city of transients, and Arlington specifically is a nightmare to get to because the people there are willing to pay taxes on everything except public transportation (oh boy, another new stadium project!)

Between that and Jerruh basically pricing out the loudest fans, it's no surprise when JerryWorld is 60% road fans. Hell, it's a vacation for them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/zertz_86/status/913199224032055297

:thunk:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's more than that. Washington is one of the most transient cities in America. You have people from all over the country spending time here as staffers, federal employees, visitors, and whatnot and all of them bring their preferences from home. It's also one of the least accessible stadiums I have ever seen, with a literally mile long walk required if you take Metro and horrible parking that takes hours to escape from. Combined with the fact that it's dirty, old, and overpriced there is little reason for a fan to go unless they've had season tickets since the 70s or whatever.

Not only people from all over the country, but the worst people from all over the country.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Washington is dogshit in prime time, which makes the SNF game against Oakland even more of a fluke. One of two things will happen on Monday. Either the team will continue their majestic trajectory upward, peaking right around the Wild Card game before crashing hard, or they'll remember they're based in Washington and poo poo the bed in front of everyone before spending the rest of the season being a milquetoast joke. I'm not sure which is more likely to happen, but it will be whatever generates the most schadenfreude.

Please refer the walk from the metro to FedEx as a Death March going forward, tia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wouldn't the trail of tears be a better name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mr. Nice! posted:

Wouldn't the trail of tears be a better name?

That's the walk back.

• Locked thread