Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Bit late to gripe about it since we're hitting fall here, but whatever:

I didn't get to do enough cycling-as-transport as I otherwise would've, this summer. The reason? I did my due diligence (maybe I overdid it a little) on bike security and/or how to prevent bike theft, and I came out of that with the lesson that if someone wants to steal your bike, someone is going to steal your bike.

It didn't help that I've lost a phone and tablet to theft in the last few years in my area, so I can't even rely on a "oh, that stuff doesn't happen here" assumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I was bored at work and SA was down :smithcloud:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Same.

Also I'm at a team building seminar that's every hackneyed workcom trope about team building seminars.

They made us applaude ourselves.:negative:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I hope you at least didn't have to do a cheer of your company name.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

I didn't get to do enough cycling-as-transport

Here in Montana, as soon as it got reliably warm enough to bike, the fires and smoke started. Hooray for no outdoor activities all loving summer.

Currently it's supposed to rain for a week so hopefully the fires stop. Maybe I can squeeze in a few camp trips before it snows.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I bought one pair of dress shoes that I love.
Decided to by a second pair in a different color and they are so bad!
The edge of the heel cup is digging in to me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I have 8 am classes for my final semester at university and I am certainly not a morning person. I am going to be miserable for almost 4 months now.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
When you are in a giant store like IKEA for example and because the area is so big the items look normal sized or even small. Then you get home and the thing is loving HUGE. This is currently specific to my hot water heater. I got it in a giant Japanese store and it looked so small and I get it home and it's ENORMOUS and looks completely ridiculous. It's made in Japan so it'll never break so I'm going to have this crazy thing for the rest of my life.

Kinda related, I prefer to buy things made in Japan, its $$$$ but you know you're getting a quality product. I can't afford it cause I'm broke, I'm just saying the truth.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:28 on Sep 15, 2017

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I have a work meeting this morning in 15 minutes but the breakfast cafe is warm and peaceful and I don't want to leave.

TWO HOURS LATER EDIT: oh god we had a fifteen minute argument about trash cans why didn't i take my own loving advice

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 15:42 on Sep 15, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I just saw the new stickied thread about shirts and I may end up spending 1/4 my paycheck on shirts now... I mean it's technically ok because I can afford it because I worked some budget stuff out and they gave me a ton of more hours but... I still feel kinda guilty.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

When you are in a giant store like IKEA for example and because the area is so big the items look normal sized or even small. Then you get home and the thing is loving HUGE. This is currently specific to my hot water heater. I got it in a giant Japanese store and it looked so small and I get it home and it's ENORMOUS and looks completely ridiculous. It's made in Japan so it'll never break so I'm going to have this crazy thing for the rest of my life.

Kinda related, I prefer to buy things made in Japan, its $$$$ but you know you're getting a quality product. I can't afford it cause I'm broke, I'm just saying the truth.

I'm not doubting your experience but I don't think I've ever had this issue. You're buying from a physical store where you are touching the items/packaging, right?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: I was right.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Sep 16, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I had to sideload the September security patch for the Bluetooth vulnerability on my Nexus 6 phone. Updates on Android are so hosed that critical patches don't come immediately so I have to gently caress around with some command line bullshit so that my phone doesn't get hosed.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've been watching random long-form photography videos on my second monitor while I'm doing other things (mostly because of the hosts than any significant desire or interest in photography), and its making me want to buy a digital camera, for shits and giggles.

I don't need one. I don't do a ton of photography. It'd be expensive. I'm not a photographer. There's good odds that anything I did on my cell phone would be just as boringly pointless as a real camera. It'd be another thing in my pockets, or left at home.

But I want one. :negative:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The bus I'm on smells really bad, but not the normal kind of bad. Like people were bathing in rotting fruit juices bad. Occasionally overtaken by white glue, smelly feet, and swamp rear end.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Picnic Princess posted:

The bus I'm on smells really bad, but not the normal kind of bad. Like people were bathing in rotting fruit juices bad. Occasionally overtaken by white glue, smelly feet, and swamp rear end.

Oh god...I do not miss taking the bus. Bus smells = worst smells

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I am so loving sick of the anti marriage equality types having a whinge about their freedom of expression. Yes, the real injustice is you having to wonder about the company you're in or the public backlash your business might face if you express your shithead opinion. You must be terrified after the fuckwit public figure championing your campaign got headbutted. What unprecedented violence and hate, truly no group has ever experienced this before. Goodness knows the queer community could never understand.

A bunch of fragile cunts revealing (again) that the only real discrimination they care about or acknowledge is the straight, white majority not dominating all mainstream discourse across every facet of society. gently caress you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Same.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Unironic :same:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So I'm getting the trash out of the house, kitchen, bathrooms, etc and I got it all out in the municipal pick up bin and the people I'm staying with say there's still a bag to throw out, :v: oh word, where?

:killing: :murder:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can never microwave frozen tamales to a consistent temperature

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The right arm just came off my glasses. I can still wearthem but they're going to be wonky until I can get them fixed or get new ones on saturday.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There's a new guy in work and he's very friendly. I loving hate him and have no idea why but so do three of the other guys I asked. They all have valid reasons though.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
it's quite common to instantly dislike people who display the same social behaviors as yourself

you see him as a threat, you don't know why, but it's because he reminds you of you

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

MisterBibs posted:

I've been watching random long-form photography videos on my second monitor while I'm doing other things (mostly because of the hosts than any significant desire or interest in photography), and its making me want to buy a digital camera, for shits and giggles.

I don't need one. I don't do a ton of photography. It'd be expensive. I'm not a photographer. There's good odds that anything I did on my cell phone would be just as boringly pointless as a real camera. It'd be another thing in my pockets, or left at home.

But I want one. :negative:

If you already enjoy photography getting a dslr is a great investment. I bought a Nikon D90 in 2010 and the quality of the photos it takes is way better than my cell phone. All you need is a decent zoom lens, a prime lens and a flash / speedlight and you'll be set for all your amateur photog needs. Even if you only use it a few times a year to take photos at family functions or going to the zoo or a national park or something it will be a fun and enjoyable thing to do.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am tech savvy enough to know we are burning money by having Cox cable (with the net, it's a bit over $200 a loving month because my mom decided to rent a router from them too) but not tech savvy enough to explain to my mom about a Roku, or setting up a Roku, or even a loving mini pc we stream Netflix on. I tried, I so loving tried, and all she got from it was that she'd lose her 300 hours of DVR.

Said new router is the opposite end of the house of my bedroom, so I can no longer lie in bed and use my iPad mini. Fucker's signal is so weak. Or my iPad is getting too old to load loving Chrome.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

There's a new guy in work and he's very friendly. I loving hate him and have no idea why but so do three of the other guys I asked. They all have valid reasons though.
This one guy tries to get me to come to lunch with him and it kinda creeps me out because I'm slightly antisocial and didn't think we had anything in common, and now I'm worried about talking to the people here I actually do want to get to know in case I come off as equally creepy. :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
There's a new guy at work. He's a PUA.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I want and could get a good deal on a Samsung Gear S3 through my work, but the watch face completely obscures my tiny-rear end wrist and it would look ridiculous on me.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

There's a new guy at work. He's a PUA.

My Lovely Horse posted:

This one guy tries to get me to come to lunch with him and it kinda creeps me out
:ohdear:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I got a scholarship that paid for all my classes but I feel bad because I'm not poor and I see plenty of students that could use the money instead of me.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I got a scholarship that paid for all my classes but I feel bad because I'm not poor and I see plenty of students that could use the money instead of me.

It's not your fault for or personal responsibility to fix the problem of affordable college. Take full advantage of your opportunity and try to help out those less fortunate when you're able.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I finally got around to upgrading my phone from a Nexus 5 to a Galaxy A5, but the touch screen is bigger and way more sensitive than the Nexus' was, meaning I'm constantly accidentally double clicking or clicking random stuff.

Mind you it's better than the Nexus since the screen cracked and the touch sensor was exposed a bit, and after midnight it decided to glitch out and "touch" precisely the following

-Phone app
-Scroll down slightly
-My manager's cell number
-Every part of the screen simultaneously as if my head was against the phone, causing the phone to constantly turn the screen off and not let me hit the hang up button

That was super cool and good

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
The school I teach at this year is all about iPads and it's annoying me to no ends to teach with such a device instead of a laptop or god forbids paper and pen.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
vv I'll delete it, sorry. I'm tired and hungry and angry that I have to do this.

Actually that's like the 10th time people have told me I'm talking too much and it's definitely because I've been put on a different medicine. Bleh. Going to talk to doctor at next appointment.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Sep 29, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

That post is kind of a bad look, even if I basically like you from what I know of you around the forums and get what you're trying to say.

^^ I gotcha. It sounded like you were there voluntarily and not as a sort of chore, so the idea that you were irritated at people existing in an area who wanted the same thing you wanted seemed churlish. I hope you feel better. :glomp:

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 13:04 on Sep 29, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm a most assuredly not used to the fact that my fridge's water dispenser is fixed. I've spilled twice in as many days because waiting 30sec for my big-rear end cups became the norm.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
The house party next door is playing the spice girls really loudly. In this, the year of our lord 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kreyla posted:

The house party next door is playing the spice girls really loudly. In this, the year of our lord 2017.

The FWP is that you're addicted to forums posting instead of chilling with the kind of people with the audacity to unironically blast spice girls, right? Party sounds... how do the kids say?... lit.