Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Twin Turbo Kia

Over Head Kam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

You can kill people with it faster than any other gun in the game that doesnt one hit, aka shotguns and snipers.

Tokyo drift mother fucker

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Fart Car '97 posted:

You can kill people with it faster than any other gun in the game that doesnt one hit, aka shotguns and snipers.

Tokyo drift mother fucker

I know, I was just poking fun at the liberal use of nonsense acronyms.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

I know, I was just poking fun at the liberal use of nonsense acronyms.

A+ for effort bud

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

not me, I will never chicken dinner

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
I'm in the same boat with the Vektor, I just grab all the attachments for it as I play so when I finally find one I have it completely kitted out right away. Sadly, it's unplayable for me without the extended clip because I suck at aiming. I'm on the fence between S12K and Vektor as my favorite CQC weapon.

8 shots in the auto shotgun is pretty amazing.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010
All Hail Rng Gods for giving me two 4xs and an 8x in a single game. And none in the last three games I found a Mini 14.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
3rd game, got a chicken nuggets

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

rumble in the bunghole posted:

not me, I will never chicken dinner

lol that owns.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

eriddy posted:

lol that owns.

I get similarly pumped (haha heart puns, woops) in the last 5 or so, to the point where it's rather distracting and I get myself shot for not paying enough attention.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

The little "gently caress, sorry" on proximity chat from the last guy is such a beautiful thing to hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G84n7cZXPrQ

What's less beautiful is watching the clip and realizing that the guy who killed me was totally visible.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 27, 2017

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
In my first game, I found a pistol, went outside, and got shot by someone with an Uzi. In my second game, I walked around some houses, found some low-tier stuff, and camped in a house until I had to move and my game crashed. In my third game I actually found a car and drove it around, and ran someone over. I was excited, so I got out and tried to loot the body, but I couldn't do it. Probably an early access bug unless there's some button other than F to interact?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The person isn't what you loot. They drop crates when they die. If you ran someone over, the corpse will rag doll pretty far from that crate so just go back to the point of impact.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Circlefucked the whole game and then some guy with twitch in his username gets a bead on me, gdi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
link that poo poo, let's see how owned you got :smug:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Xenaero posted:

Circlefucked the whole game and then some guy with twitch in his username gets a bead on me, gdi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honk him on his next game

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Black Griffon posted:

The little "gently caress, sorry" on proximity chat from the last guy is such a beautiful thing to hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G84n7cZXPrQ

What's less beautiful is watching the clip and realizing that the guy who killed me was totally visible.

At 0:25 do you use meds without pulling up the menu? :monocle:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

check the keybinds in options to see all the poo poo you can do

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Blasting some fool in the face with a shotty from across the courtyard at school is amazingly cathartic. Triply so as the recipient had an AR with a scope at the time.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hey PUBG goons. I recently got the game cause all my friends pretty much only play this now for some reason and have been trying to troubleshoot performance issues, beyond the game being a broken early access mess. I've mostly fixed issues while in the battleground itself, but when I start up a game, I get stuck on the loading screen for a really long time. Sometimes it gets stuck completely and never loads into the game. Sometimes it just takes a really long time and I don't pop in until I'm in the airplane. Either way I get stuck on the loading screen and can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Anyone have a better solution besides "Get an SSD" that all the posts I can find keep suggesting?

Also sidenote boy did my friends oversell how pretty the game is (it is not a pretty game at all)

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

I wish I was recording. Fog map I was looking in my inventory while in a buggy driving. Ran over a broken shack and got a kill... had no clue a guy was in the shack and didnt even mean to run it over.

Ended up winning that match with a silenced tommy gun and silenced KAR

I'd buy that for a dollar!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Macaluso posted:

Anyone have a better solution besides "Get an SSD" that all the posts I can find keep suggesting?

This might actually be the only option. I had this happen a lot in the past, to the point where I was still loading while my friends were jumping out of the plane, but discovered somehow it installed on my disk drive instead of my SSD when I downloaded it. Moved it to my SSD and haven't had it happen since. :-\

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Macaluso posted:

Hey PUBG goons. I recently got the game cause all my friends pretty much only play this now for some reason and have been trying to troubleshoot performance issues, beyond the game being a broken early access mess. I've mostly fixed issues while in the battleground itself, but when I start up a game, I get stuck on the loading screen for a really long time. Sometimes it gets stuck completely and never loads into the game. Sometimes it just takes a really long time and I don't pop in until I'm in the airplane. Either way I get stuck on the loading screen and can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Anyone have a better solution besides "Get an SSD" that all the posts I can find keep suggesting?

Also sidenote boy did my friends oversell how pretty the game is (it is not a pretty game at all)

Have you considered getting an SSD?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I keep getting janky teleportation/movement glitches, like I'll be searching a house or trying to hop over a low spot in a wall, and I'll end up missing the door/wall gap a couple times because it's floaty/glitchy as hell. It reminds me of real bad lag in some games, but since this doesn't show up in any other games I'm assuming it's early access jank and first-draft netcode.

On the other hand, having an SSD means loading times are nowhere near what folks are complaining about. Like I hit ready, and ~30 seconds later/the time it takes to grab a beer from the kitchen we're in the preflight area and I don't have time to grab and load a gun.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 27, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Haha yeah this game is awesome and demanding on your system but...it is not pretty.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol if you don't play at 1080p with all the eye candy maxed

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I think it looks decent maxed out but compared to other UE4 games it looks pretty bad. Ark or conangame look way better for using the same engine.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

conangame runs way, way worse than pubg

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

lol if you don't play at 1080p with all the eye candy maxed

:chloe:

1080p?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Tell me about running pubg on a 4k monitor. I bought a new PC a month ago to play this game (but mostly because my old system was really starting show it's age).

My new specs are:
i7-7700K
16GB RAM
256SSD
GTX 1080Ti

The game runs like butter at ultra settings in 1080p on my 22 inch monitor. But just like my PC was starting to show it's age, I'm now having issues with my monitor starting to flicker so I need to replace it.

I've been looking at https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM
But knowing how weird pubg performance can be I'm hesitant to upgrade. Thoughts?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Tell me about running pubg on a 4k monitor. I bought a new PC a month ago to play this game (but mostly because my old system was really starting show it's age).

My new specs are:
i7-7700K
16GB RAM
256SSD
GTX 1080Ti

The game runs like butter at ultra settings in 1080p on my 22 inch monitor. But just like my PC was starting to show it's age, I'm now having issues with my monitor starting to flicker so I need to replace it.

I've been looking at https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM
But knowing how weird pubg performance can be I'm hesitant to upgrade. Thoughts?

Go 1440p 165hz rather than 4k, even a 1080ti struggles to hit 60fps in a lot of games.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

HatfulOfHollow posted:

My new specs are:
i7-7700K
16GB RAM
256SSD
GTX 1080Ti

I have a 7700k and 1080 (non Ti) with the PG279Q. The monitor is soooooo sweet, I highly recommend it.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Macaluso posted:

Even if you weren't playing PUBG, I would tell you to get an SSD. It's like going from dialup to broadband, and improves the performance of every single thing you do on your computer. You can get a used 850 EVO 500GB for like $80. It is easily one of the most worthwhile hardware upgrades in the last 10 years.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TV doesn't support 1440p 60hz and my 1070 gets like ~40-60 fps at 4k

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Also modern chips don't have that whole "they die on you" thing anymore: http://techreport.com/review/27909/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-theyre-all-dead

That's from 2015, note that they're continually reading, writing, and overwriting data representing thousands of times the drives' capacity before even the crappiest ones start having issues.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I was watching a streamer this morning who was using a third party app to replay his deaths. Since there isnt a kill cam does anyone else do this? How?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

daslog posted:

I was watching a streamer this morning who was using a third party app to replay his deaths. Since there isnt a kill cam does anyone else do this? How?

Probably shadowplay or something like that. I think you can set up shadowplay like xbox one's clip thing where you just hit a hotkey and it saves the last 10-20 seconds of footage for you.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I assume nobody uses fraps anymore

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
They're probably using OBS. I turn it on for my own games if it looks like things are getting interesting. If I lose a coin flip to a shotgun with 85 remaining, whatever, but I might be interested in reviewing a death with 25 remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

daslog posted:

If they are using OBS to stream to Twitch, it will be recorded to "The Cloud" and you can just watch the reply on twitch.tv

You can also use Shadowplay to do simple start/stop recordings, or hit a button to save the last X minutes of video.

There's also built in support for Shadowplay in PUBG now, so it automatically records kills/knocks/deaths and you can review it in the PUBG UI after the round ends.

• Locked thread