Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lastgirl posted:

if athletes really wanted to protest they'd stop playing and start marching in the streets

then we'd see some real poo poo poppin off

but i guess we'll settle for a capitalistic betting game of culture wars where the rich throw money at either side and see who blows up first

their protests are invadin my sportsball safe space

FIRE THEM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Boeing has always been so good at exploiting state governments.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

a.lo posted:

turn on your monitor

no cowboy ur a cowboy

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/912808639345422340

Speaking of natural disasters California is still on fire.

it's always on fire and reigning ash :regd10:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION BECAUSE PISS TAPE ISN'T REAL)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Agrajag posted:

their protests are invadin my sportsball safe space

FIRE THEM!

are the nfl really losing money over their idiotic fanbase

the protestors should drag them out of their chairs in their mancaves and kneel on their faces if they really wanted to be oppressed like that one cartoon

cos they can turn it off and thats that, so easy

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

man im tryin to work for boeing but they wont hire me stop rubbing it in

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Brother Friendship posted:

It's almost october and the crickets are going wild because it's 90 degrees every loving day

it's real weird op

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

This is fine

Bombardier is a shambling husk of a company. It has sold off almost all of it's IP and senior engineers, and only exists today through cash dialysis from the Canadian gov't. Someone needs to find a place for it to rest under the old maple tree out back.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Brother Friendship posted:

It's almost october and the crickets are going wild because it's 90 degrees every loving day

time 'til trump-rear end is at record lows

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

obviously the flags have to go since the flags never created anything worthwhile like soul music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moiUyFQQE-0

RIP :smith:

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Salt Fish posted:

There is a runaway trolley barreling down the railway tracks. Ahead, on the tracks, there are five American Flags tied up and unable to move. The trolley is headed straight for them. You are standing some distance off in the train yard, next to a lever. If you pull this lever, the trolley will switch to a different set of tracks. However, you notice that there is a (black) person on the side track. You have two options:

1) Do nothing, and the trolley rips the flags on the main track.
2) Pull the lever, diverting the trolley onto the side track where it will kill one (black) person.

Which is the most ethical choice?

3) find whoever it is that keeps releasing the brakes on these trolleys and politely ask them to stop.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wrenever posted:

This is fine

Bombardier is a shambling husk of a company. It has sold off almost all of it's IP and senior engineers, and only exists today through cash dialysis from the Canadian gov't. Someone needs to find a place for it to rest under the old maple tree out back.

The government takes their money, filters crap out of it, and then injects it back into them?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Itzena posted:

3) find whoever it is that keeps releasing the brakes on these trolleys and politely ask them to stop.

drat thats the most liberal answer ive ever heard

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also Boeing left WA state after collecting billions in dollars in state tax credits over the years.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

what if the govt owned all those things instead of all those things receiving govt subsidy :thunk:

^^^ and also pulled out their hq p much immediately after getting their corporate dick especially slobbered on or something and also gently caress boeing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rah! posted:

ed balls

pro click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdbFUOrbsoA

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Posting for the new thread: Shannon Sharpe describes how Trump has conflated the NFL kneeling issue with patriotism better than literally anyone else who's tried to explain the issue
https://twitter.com/TrillestAC/status/912340644789719040

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

etalian posted:

Also Boeing left WA state after collecting billions in dollars in state tax credits over the years.
Yeah as a born Seattlite I watched that all happen. They squeezed the state for everything they had with promises that they would stay and as soon as they got a better deal they left. That's capitalism, I guess.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

why in god's name would any government subsidize an investment company

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
helo my name is denald tramp

thank your for thread

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Duscat posted:

why in god's name would any government subsidize an investment company

trump

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Yinlock posted:

its amazing that the right managed to spin the protest as "protesting THE FLAG and OUR TROOPS"

the right didn't have to spin it at all, yinlock. i understand how this might be confusing to a canadian

that's the literal baby level understanding that a large percentage of americans have of patriotic displays and protests against them

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yinlock posted:

its amazing that the right managed to spin the protest as "protesting THE FLAG and OUR TROOPS"
Is it?

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

prefect posted:

The government takes their money, filters crap out of it, and then injects it back into them?

They filter votes out but yeah

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

:piss:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i wouldnt mind posting as juche piss tapir, but that's a thought i wouldn't express out loud

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

daddy's a big boy politician w/ a nice jacket

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

wow so amazing, i wanna do that when i grow up! :hai:

Jazerus posted:

the right didn't have to spin it at all, yinlock. i understand how this might be confusing to a canadian

that's the literal baby level understanding that a large percentage of americans have of patriotic displays and protests against them

pretty much why trump won

emotional appeal works best

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

juche avocado posted:

i wouldnt mind posting as juche piss tapir, but that's a thought i wouldn't express out loud
You won't know when. You won't remember why. It could be years. But stay wary. :getin:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey could we cut down on the stupid loving recycled poo poo for the first 20 pages? thanks

• Locked thread