Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Why is it called the Triglav Protector when it doesn't have three heads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Toshimo posted:

The whining thread is where you go to air out your feelings about being a shitters. This thread is where we try to help you not be a shitter. Consider where you post next time.

Maybe you should post in the whining thread about how people are posting in the wrong thread

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Maybe you should post in the whining thread about how people are posting in the wrong thread

No, that's for the meta thread.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Kel'Thuzad has like 800x the depth Garrosh does and way better and more robustly designed talents. :psyduck:

Whoever designed KT's talents should be in charge of every single hero and hero rework.

Ana's talents are similarly great, with lots of utility and options packed into every tier. What the gently caress happened with Garrosh?

Anyway, I hope they take the Ana/Kel'Thuzad talent design philosophy and eventually (lol) rework the other heroes who need it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ana base skin recolors are also really, really good. A+ hero release all around.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ana's talents are similarly great, with lots of utility and options packed into every tier. What the gently caress happened with Garrosh?

Power Bottom posted:

It's much easier to work with a character who has a large repertoire of spells to choose from than it is to work with a character whose defining traits are "meathead" and "rear end in a top hat".

find = "spells"; replace = "equipment"

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Zhulik posted:

Why is it called the Triglav Protector when it doesn't have three heads?

Just lol if you're not putting Cho'Gall in there

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Zotix posted:

I'm so glad that this game has a PTR where no changes happen when the game goes to live. And then after you buy a hero, they change it 2 weeks later. I seriously wish I could loving charge back 2 years of purchases for this stupid loving game.

Patch notes posted:

Note: * Orange Text and an Asterisk indicate a change or addition between PTR and live patch notes.

--------

Mercenaries
Impaler and Trooper Camps (Siege Mercenaries found on Volskaya Foundry, Battlefield of Eternity, and Infernal Shrines)
Early game health has been slightly decreased.
Base damage and scaling values have been increased by roughly 50%
Defender Mercenaries can no longer be affected by displacements effects.
Developer Comment: We’ve heard feedback on the lack of strength the Assault Trooper mercenaries possess. We hear and agree with this sentiment so we’ve increased their overall damage to make them more of a threat.
Hanamura and Volskaya Foundry
Mercenary item drops no longer require a short channel time to be picked up.
Developer Comment: This change is aimed at making the flow of picking up items from mercenary camps smoother and more intuitive. We found the flow of defeating a mercenary camp, capturing it, then channeling on the dropped item was disruptive to what players are accustomed to with typical mercenary camps.
Support Camps can no longer be captured with "Bribe" talents.
Developer Comment: Thanks for all of the early responses on Volskaya Foundry. We’re making this change in response to consistent community feedback.

--------

Genji: Dragon Blade will no longer benefit from cooldown reduction abilities such as Innervate and Nano-boost.

:colbert:

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
I wish Medivh didnt have such a high skill cap because he is so good, everything i want in a hero: simple, effective kit with decent depth for situational stuff. His level 20 talents are all really good except maybe polymorph against a self aware team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I mean if you play him enough you'll end up with a 50% win rate. I ran into a Medivh at my trash MMR who had a 55% winrate over a hundred games or so and it's not like he was a god or anything. He probably could have done even better with other heroes but whatever he liked the prophet.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Garrosh is fine just make all his talents into throw

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Power Bottom posted:

find = "spells"; replace = "equipment"

I don't buy that line of thinking at all. They were able to take someone like Stukov's who's mostly a passive bystander with a hulk arm and give him a robust, deep kit.

A big part of Garrosh's problem is mostly Bloodthirst being a bad, unsatisfying ability with very underwhelming talents. Some outside-the-box thinking could have helped here, instead we get "Bloodthirst creeps" "Bloodthirst more often" "Bloodthirst heals more". Why not a talent that heals you for a portion of the damage dealt by the victim over the next X seconds? A talent that removes the Bloodthirst heal when used at high health, but reduces the cooldown and hits harder? And so on.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's weird too because Garrosh has an entirely separate active ability that you can pick up by talenting into it, which itself has upgrades you can talent into. It's not like they ran out of ideas for stuff to give him.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Garrosh's problem is that he's boring outside of his throw combo which he can only perform every like 12 seconds, and both the auto-targeting on the throw and the hitbox on the pull can be very frustrating. His ults are both pretty boring, his other skill is pretty boring, his optional active skill is pretty boring. He's boring.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

One of Garrosh's big problems is that he's supposed to represent his WoW and Hearthstone incarnations, and so the Hearthstone representation limits him from doing anything really interesting (for example, getting hopped up on Sha and contracting Stage Niggurath Cancer).

The other problem is that Blizzard is not really that good at making cool and interesting tanks because if they become too cool or interesting, they start doing multiple jobs at once and that's usually pretty bad for the meta.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think Garrosh is really popular and a lot of people like playing as him a lot. He's the most popular tank in QM even though he sucks there. I mean he's also newish I guess but toss and friendly toss are crazy abilities.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Power Bottom posted:

One of Garrosh's big problems is that he's supposed to represent his WoW and Hearthstone incarnations, and so the Hearthstone representation limits him from doing anything really interesting (for example, getting hopped up on Sha and contracting Stage Niggurath Cancer).

The other problem is that Blizzard is not really that good at making cool and interesting tanks because if they become too cool or interesting, they start doing multiple jobs at once and that's usually pretty bad for the meta.

In that vein, can we please get a better Muradin Ult? A glorified health boost and "punching a guy extra hard" are not that fun. Especially the health boost, they could give him extra resistances and attack and stuff, like he has in WC3, or like Tass does now.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Huh. Conveniently enough, my favorite Ana build seems to be easiest to remember: all the middle talents.

Piercing Darts
Sleep + Nade give shrike stacks
Shrike stacks lower spell power
Whichever (Nanaboost seems more fun)
Whichever
Shrike stacks empower healing dart
Shrike stacks sleep enemies (okay, Nana infusion is better, but cmon)

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

von Metternich posted:

In that vein, can we please get a better Muradin Ult? A glorified health boost and "punching a guy extra hard" are not that fun. Especially the health boost, they could give him extra resistances and attack and stuff, like he has in WC3, or like Tass does now.

Punching a guy extra hard is flipping amazing what are you talking about?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The best part of Haymaker is the bowling pins sound effect it makes.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Bear Varian riding a war bear has the bear model clip his legs and it makes me SO SAD

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It also makes me sad that the only way to get him sans shards is to buy the ana bundle. And that they didn't get his voice actor back to do a bunch of schlocky russian lines.

Dude's got a loving lightsaber and an Ushanka on, why's he still screaming about stormwind?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

von Metternich posted:

Power Bottom posted:

Also you have supremely bad taste if you dislike Haymaker

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Dietrich posted:

Garrosh's problem is that he's boring outside of his throw combo which he can only perform every like 12 seconds, and both the auto-targeting on the throw and the hitbox on the pull can be very frustrating. His ults are both pretty boring, his other skill is pretty boring, his optional active skill is pretty boring. He's boring.

Winning isn't boring, therefore Garrosh isn't boring.

Real answer: he has 3 mini-games - positioning to combo (or just enemy throw), positioning to ally throw (engage or disengage/cleanse), and resetting your W on low-health targets. You can also use ally throw on a minion to demount + slow someone, walk up, and combo them, which is basically the opposite of boring.

quote:

His ults are both pretty boring

Ehh I guess. He's a tank and he does tank ults pretty well. Old God Juice and Iron Star would be cool, but w/e.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
But what is the point of body check and why does it exist? And then like 4 more talents supporting it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

No idea. Literally never tried it, but at least those talents are mostly (entirely?) on 4 talent tiers so not on their own contributing to "boring" imo

What's the best Kael spray?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BrianBoitano posted:

What's the best Kael spray?

Except on everyone.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Anas numbers seem...eh low. Considering how often your team will juke your own heals

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

Anas numbers seem...eh low. Considering how often your team will juke your own heals

and the fact that her self heal is nearly non-existant.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You're all loving nutcases, Garrosh is fun as gently caress to play, Bloodthirst is awesome, I've survived many a teamfight by the skin of my teeth with that ability and throwing over the gate loving kicks rear end. Throwing the enemy out of position kicks rear end, throwing your teammate and killing the enemy with your teammate's impact damage loving kicks rear end. Taunting idiots who think they can get the drop on me, or who try to use an ult or whatever kicks rear end. Garrosh kicks rear end. Sorry you all are terrible at one of the best characters ever added to the game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also, judging by how people behave when I boost them. Nano Boost doesn't actually buff them, it instead mind controls them and forces them to run away from combat and not use any abilities at all.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What's the best way to counter Garrosh? I feel like I end up getting owned by him all the time because he won't die and you can't get close or else you get nuked by the other team after the throw.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What's the best way to counter Garrosh? I feel like I end up getting owned by him all the time because he won't die and you can't get close or else you get nuked by the other team after the throw.

Garrosh has loving GODAWFUL mobility. It's risky getting close to him, but if you can get HIM out of position, he's basically toast. Characters like Jaina or Nazeebo can be terrifying

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kurieg posted:

Also, judging by how people behave when I boost them. Nano Boost doesn't actually buff them, it instead mind controls them and forces them to run away from combat and not use any abilities at all.

Use it on your hard initiating warrior :ssh:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Position better. He has low damage so he's not threatening unless he can throw you. His team shouldn't be able to get to you without being out of position themselves.

Also, percent damage.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

EdRush posted:

Use it on your hard initiating warrior :ssh:

Yeah I had some dude rage on me when he boosted my Greymane like as I was walking over to clear a minion wave. It ran out by the time I got there too.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Play a hero that isn't owned if they're thrown like Anub.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

EdRush posted:

Why is there no Young Ana skin. Does Blizzard hate money.

Let the old lady be old for once

Hell, make her cross-universe skin a Forsaken crossbow sniper, now she's EXTRA old

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Kurieg posted:

This has been my experience too. In one game I just decided nobody but Kerrigan is getting boosted at all (maybe the right decision anyway) because only when Kerrigan jumps in and ults can I be sure this won't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

Play a hero that isn't owned if they're thrown like Anub.

garthoneeye posted:

Position better. He has low damage so he's not threatening unless he can throw you. His team shouldn't be able to get to you without being out of position themselves.

Also, percent damage.

the situation that usually happens is Garrosh just sorta walks into the team, and throws someone, then the team runs away. I don't know if it's the whole "don't focus the tank" thing where no one shoots the tank even though he's the only one in range or what.. It seems like everyone that has an escape uses it when Garrosh comes close, leaving people without them to get tossed because everyone that could bail bailed.

better counter-picking is probably an issue, like having a % dmg person and some stun followup at least.