Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

BigRed0427 posted:

I actually legit want to know. How is me thinking Kim Jong Un can go gently caress himself Neoliberalisum?

If you support US military intervention and imagine an end to the Korean conflict other than the two Koreas diplomatically coming to terms with the US loving literally as far off as possible it's A Real Bad Look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Scrree posted:

imagine an end to the Korean conflict other than the two Koreas diplomatically coming to terms

I mean without commenting on the rest, that's looking like a pretty solid "Never" as long as the Kims are still kicking.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Yardbomb posted:

I mean without commenting on the rest, that's looking like a pretty solid "Never" as long as the Kims are still kicking.

Sure, but that 'never' situation of the two Koreas developing in parallel with an uneasy border between them is still a sight better than the alternative -- another bloody invasion, another civil war, another million or three dead, etc.

To loop this back around to Contrapoint's video; a leftist being uncompromisingly anti-war doesn't mean they have to voice full-throated support to every target of US aggression, but it does mean being actually uncompromising. "Leave Korea to the Koreans." is a perfectly cogent policy for peace in a world where the American president is tweeting threats of nuclear holocaust to a nation with <5% of it's military budget.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's difficult for me the understand why some folks expect that the desire for non-intervention necessitates uncritical support of targets of western imperialism. I'm very committed to anti-war policy, but I think especially with like, Venezuela, it's important for the left to be critical of what's going on there and try an translate it into learning from the history being made for when we wish to pursue our own agenda and project. Just because anti-Assad demonstrations were US backed and funded and there are strong Islamist elements in the rebellion against Assad doesn't mean I can't sympathize with or even feel solidarity with some groups that are fighting against a genocidal tyrant, even if I wish the United States would not be involved on any level but humanitarian.

Something not touched on in her video is how I feel info and news bubbles can spread misinformation and how that's not unique to any political ideology (hard or soft left, liberal or centrist, conservative or alt-right) which has a really strong alienating effect when trying to work with people outside that bubble because people just have completely different assumptions about how the world works. Some people take it at face that America is the Great Satan and beyond just a root cause but a direct actor in all ill across the world, just as many who take it as face value that democracy must be protected at the end of a barrel of a gun and that the West Wing style respectability politics will always win out.

With a pretty cogent critique of the left's situation between Punching Natsees and now this, I'd like to see her expand on what exactly she'd see as a way to create a better form of messaging.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

The Vosgian Beast: if he only had a brain.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

lornekates posted:

The brain is an animal that lives off of spite...

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

lornekates posted:

I like how we had the same response to this, but you're still being weird about it

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

It's difficult for me the understand why some folks expect that the desire for non-intervention necessitates uncritical support of targets of western imperialism. I'm very committed to anti-war policy, but I think especially with like, Venezuela, it's important for the left to be critical of what's going on there and try an translate it into learning from the history being made for when we wish to pursue our own agenda and project. Just because anti-Assad demonstrations were US backed and funded and there are strong Islamist elements in the rebellion against Assad doesn't mean I can't sympathize with or even feel solidarity with some groups that are fighting against a genocidal tyrant, even if I wish the United States would not be involved on any level but humanitarian.

THank you. THis is more or less where I fall. I feel like "End All War!" And "US Foreign Policy has caused nothing but chaos and misery all over the world" And "gently caress Kim Jong Un. gently caress Assad. gently caress Putin" Can't be mutuality exclusive.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I like how we had the same response to this, but you're still being weird about it

I was talking about you.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

lornekates posted:

I was talking about you.
Yes I know

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Impossible for you to know. You don't have a brain, as the .gif clearly proved.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

lornekates posted:

Impossible for you to know. You don't have a brain, as the .gif clearly proved.

Well, gently caress you too.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

On a simpler note, new Goosebumps review! The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ross Scott weighs in on the Youtube Adpocalypse in typical Ross Scott fashion.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Well, gently caress you too.

No brain, but you have genitalia. Good for you.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm deeply interested in internet critic discussion but you motherfuckers never talk about that so is there another one or should I start a new thread?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I would gladly move to a new thread because I'm not sure if I want to read about nerds talking about politics in the internet critic thread.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's true certain topics are bound to a thread.

So if you make a new one it can't follow, it's the law

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't actually sincerely offering to make a new thread, I'm too shy and nervous about loving up for that. Just, god, please, I want this thread to be more interesting than it is because people cannot shut the gently caress up about gamergate or politics or the n word for five goddamn seconds. Like it's actually frustrating how consistent this is. It actually makes me legitimately angry. Every single page, I swear to God.

I get you're supposed to be the change you wanna see, but not having any content to post as an alternative is why I've not said anything before. By now I'm just like holy poo poo I don't care anymore, just tell me about the loving Nostalgia Critic or something, gently caress.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

It's a thing that's been happening for a while. Everyone's tastes changed. We all either follow Youtubers who don't post on a set schedule, or old CA people who have long grown past their old style and no longer use a set schedule.

And lets be honest, everyone's favs at this points are people Like Contra, Dan Olsen, Lindsey, HBomb, people who cover either political topics or media that has to touch political topics.

A whole new world!

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Harry Knowles is a sexual predator. The talkbacks have been shut down. Almost all of the writers that people still visit that eyesore website to read have jumped ship. So goes Aint It Cool News, model for too many lovely online dork communities, starting point for too many awful geek media crit trends.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dude looks like exactly like a stereotypical toxic fucker. Glad he's being taken down, though I'm honestly more surprised Ain't It Cool News lived into this decade.

TenCentFang fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 27, 2017

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, finding out Harry Knoles is a pervert is not shocking. Didn't he once write "If the Cheerleader from Heroes regenerates from any wound, doesn't that mean every time she has sex it's her first time?"

When you first hear that you just assume A) It's a nobody weirdo online and B) He is a slim minority.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

BigRed0427 posted:

Yeah, finding out Harry Knoles is a pervert is not shocking. Didn't he once write "If the Cheerleader from Heroes regenerates from any wound, doesn't that mean every time she has sex it's her first time?"

When you first hear that you just assume A) It's a nobody weirdo online and B) He is a slim minority.

Don't forget his Blade II review!

Don't Google that.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

Don't Google that.

Here's his Toy Story 3 review, which is his worst piece that isn't start to finish gross-out descriptions of sex and ladyparts. Read this instead.

I wonder if we'll ever get an explanation for the period where every AICN writer stopped using paragraphs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
But having attended the World Premiere of BLADE 2 last night, one inescapable thought crossed my mind during the movie. 10 to 1…. I believe Guillermo Del Toro eats pussy better than any man alive.

Watch his ‘HOUSE OF PAIN’ sequence in BLADE 2. BLADE 2 is the tongue, mouth, fingers and lips of a lover. The Audience is the clit. Watch your audience. This is where Guillermo Del Toro goes down on the audience. It starts with long licks with a nose bump on the joy button slowly. He smiles as he does this… Watching the audience begin to squirm, then he takes the audiences’ clit in his mouth and just licks it like crazy, the audience is ready, on that precipice, then calm. He backs off… long licks again, brings in a finger to massage a bit, licks from the bottom to the top… The audience is cooing… He has them, they want release. He acts like he’s going to give it to you, takes you right to the edge, the audiences’ backs arched, ready to cum…. Backs off pinching the nipples just so, his head bobbing up to say, "You like?" The audience shifts around needing release, he builds again… The pressure at a near boiling point… Each stroke and moment a hypersensitive place… Two fingers to the sweet spot, the audience is there… right there at that point… suddenly he’s relentless taking the audience through a rampage of orgasms… trying to get away, trying to escape… back back back, but he has you, and he’s never going to let you forget this moment, the audience was electric… Frenetically frothing… Guillermo hears them begging no more, when he decides to stop for a moment, there is that relaxed calm… The audience relaxes… labored breathing… a sated smile, WHEN SUDDENLY THE RELENTLESS BASTARD IS AT IT AGAIN!!!! You begin laughing, trying to push him away, but no… more pleasure, more joy, more fun… You can’t handle it, you start giggling and screaming… And it goes like this for quite some time, till at the end… The credits roll, the theater lights come up… You look at the screen, you realize you want that tongue again… You want that feeling again, and you watch it again and again, because drat he respects the clit!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

TenCentFang posted:

I'm deeply interested in internet critic discussion but you motherfuckers never talk about that so is there another one or should I start a new thread?

There's the PYF thread but nobody ever posts there. You could try raising it from the dead maybe?

Me, I'd just like lorne and VB to quit slapfighting like dweebs.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

sexpig by night I am deeply sorry for calling you out eariler, I didn't mean it to come off like that. Just please never do that again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

sexpig by night I am deeply sorry for calling you out eariler, I didn't mean it to come off like that. Just please never do that again.

I really should respond to every minor internet spat with quotes from his god awful reviews. Most aren't as just outright disgusting as that but he's still one of the dumbest motherfuckers on earth so there's lots to pull.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

when u respect the clit

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

:yikes: I bet he's best buds with Ernest Cline.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TheMaestroso posted:

People like that don't have buds, only accomplices.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TenCentFang posted:

I wasn't actually sincerely offering to make a new thread, I'm too shy and nervous about loving up for that. Just, god, please, I want this thread to be more interesting than it is because people cannot shut the gently caress up about gamergate or politics or the n word for five goddamn seconds. Like it's actually frustrating how consistent this is. It actually makes me legitimately angry. Every single page, I swear to God.

I get you're supposed to be the change you wanna see, but not having any content to post as an alternative is why I've not said anything before. By now I'm just like holy poo poo I don't care anymore, just tell me about the loving Nostalgia Critic or something, gently caress.

BigRed0427 posted:

It's a thing that's been happening for a while. Everyone's tastes changed. We all either follow Youtubers who don't post on a set schedule, or old CA people who have long grown past their old style and no longer use a set schedule.

And lets be honest, everyone's favs at this points are people Like Contra, Dan Olsen, Lindsey, HBomb, people who cover either political topics or media that has to touch political topics.

A whole new world!

Lesson's from the Screenplay just put out a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tbvMzqk3F4

But yeah, most of the thread's fav reviewers both don't have a set schedule, and they've almost all undergone style changes away from just straight reviews to more elaborate video essays.

I mean, there are still people who are doing the classic style of just talking about a single movie/comic/game/song/whatever for the length of an entire video. I suppose we could just post more of those.

poparena posted:

On a simpler note, new Goosebumps review! The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb.

Thank you, poparena, yes just like that. We should post more of that.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Cinema Brad has been posting a lot of things, like the My Little Pony movie, which Lindsay reviewed when she was still Nostalgia Chick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKD3lrv8-Y

Also 8 bit Keys is bizarrely interesting for a channel based solely on old synthesizers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KQ7UTdadlY

Also also Leonard French just did a livestream- the Alex Mauer case is over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ARHXK_V74

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Puppy Time posted:

Also 8 bit Keys is bizarrely interesting for a channel based solely on old synthesizers

This guy has another channel called The 8-Bit Guy, which looks at old PC stuff and he has a lot of restoration videos that I find fascinating.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

sexpig by night posted:

But having attended the World Premiere of BLADE 2 last night, one inescapable thought crossed my mind during the movie. 10 to 1…. I believe Guillermo Del Toro eats pussy better than any man alive.

Watch his ‘HOUSE OF PAIN’ sequence in BLADE 2. BLADE 2 is the tongue, mouth, fingers and lips of a lover. The Audience is the clit. Watch your audience. This is where Guillermo Del Toro goes down on the audience. It starts with long licks with a nose bump on the joy button slowly. He smiles as he does this… Watching the audience begin to squirm, then he takes the audiences’ clit in his mouth and just licks it like crazy, the audience is ready, on that precipice, then calm. He backs off… long licks again, brings in a finger to massage a bit, licks from the bottom to the top… The audience is cooing… He has them, they want release. He acts like he’s going to give it to you, takes you right to the edge, the audiences’ backs arched, ready to cum…. Backs off pinching the nipples just so, his head bobbing up to say, "You like?" The audience shifts around needing release, he builds again… The pressure at a near boiling point… Each stroke and moment a hypersensitive place… Two fingers to the sweet spot, the audience is there… right there at that point… suddenly he’s relentless taking the audience through a rampage of orgasms… trying to get away, trying to escape… back back back, but he has you, and he’s never going to let you forget this moment, the audience was electric… Frenetically frothing… Guillermo hears them begging no more, when he decides to stop for a moment, there is that relaxed calm… The audience relaxes… labored breathing… a sated smile, WHEN SUDDENLY THE RELENTLESS BASTARD IS AT IT AGAIN!!!! You begin laughing, trying to push him away, but no… more pleasure, more joy, more fun… You can’t handle it, you start giggling and screaming… And it goes like this for quite some time, till at the end… The credits roll, the theater lights come up… You look at the screen, you realize you want that tongue again… You want that feeling again, and you watch it again and again, because drat he respects the clit!

sexpig by night posted:

when u respect the clit

He is the clit commander

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

TheMaestroso posted:

Best I can tell he actually is.

Cline occasionally does work for AICN. He even made Knowles a character in Fanboys. And Knowles gave his script a glowing review before production was even finished.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Testekill posted:

He is the clit commander

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back remake where the ending montage is replaced with them getting jacked up on super science and beating on Knowles set to X Gon Give It To Ya.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Puppy Time posted:

I resent the implication that old synthesizers aren't extremely cool and interesting :colbert:

Things like the Yamaha DX7, and Roland SH-101 and TB-303 that shaped the sound of music for decades and outright birthed genres, and that's not even talking about drum machines! The amount o-

Sorry I'll stop, I'm just really passionate about synthesizers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

TenCentFang posted:

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back remake where the ending montage is replaced with them getting jacked up on super science and beating on Knowles set to X Gon Give It To Ya.

Is Jay or Bob the Summer of this scenario.

• Locked thread