Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm really pumped for Cadian rules, but I get the feeling they'll be saving them for last.

I'm not sure what they might be, to be honest. Something to do with morale so they don't need Commissars?

Better Conscripts as Whiteshields?

No rules because the whole loving planet exploded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
+1 WS against stationary vehicles

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

+1 WS against stationary vehicles

This will continue the trend of chapters I like getting poo poo rules.

RIP Imperial fists.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
It'd be neat to see Cadians have an option to take stormtroopers as kasrkin in their detachment and count them as part of the same regiment. Unless stormtroopers get a special rule for it, you won't be able to use them and normal guard in a detachment anymore and get your doctrine, which is unfortunate. I always loved having a squad of stormtroopers backing my guys up in 4th edition.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

chutche2 posted:

It'd be neat to see Cadians have an option to take stormtroopers as kasrkin in their detachment and count them as part of the same regiment. Unless stormtroopers get a special rule for it, you won't be able to use them and normal guard in a detachment anymore and get your doctrine, which is unfortunate. I always loved having a squad of stormtroopers backing my guys up in 4th edition.

I kinda doubt they'll make you unable to take stormtrooper support, since that's like, the main idea of them. I do hope they do something to make putting them on the table instead of deep striking a useful choice.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

BULBASAUR posted:

How are the Death Korp rules?

Well, they don’t take morale tests from losing models to shooting. At all.

So yeah, not bad.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

You can still take them as a secondary detachment, which could be as simple as a Command Squad + Prime patrol group.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Felime posted:

I kinda doubt they'll make you unable to take stormtrooper support, since that's like, the main idea of them. I do hope they do something to make putting them on the table instead of deep striking a useful choice.

I dunno. Stormtroopers have their own HQ, elites, troops, and transport. They're one of the 8 or so regiments named as getting their own doctrine and relic and such. It might be intended for you to field them as a patrol detachment alongside your main force.

The Bee posted:

You can still take them as a secondary detachment, which could be as simple as a Command Squad + Prime patrol group.

Right but if you do that then they'll use all the Tempestus regiment abilities. I mean take them as true Keyword Cadian units.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
They might just have access to Scions that can also take orders from Cadian Commanders. That would be sweet.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah. Really I'm just annoyed at how strict they're being with the detachment stuff. Like Death Guard can't actually have the daemons in their codex in their detachment or else it's not a Death Guard detachment and they lose access to all their special rules. They have to summon them or field them in a separate detachment.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008

Felime posted:

RIP Imperial fists.

The amount of times I've gone to mention my opponents cover save, only for him to remind me, that my imperial fists ignore cover is... well more than twice..
Its far from irredeemable. Warlord trait and stratagem on the other hand. So niche they are essentially useless.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Bolter Drill should probably have 6s generate an extra hit rather than an extra shot. That'd make it a little better. A bunch of inceptors deep striked behind me and with bolter drill would've put my gravis captain in the ground if he didn't have the 2+ armor relic, so there's that. Got 3 or 4 extra hits on me from it.

Also yeah I keep having to remind my Fists opponent that I don't get cover.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I don't mind it too badly. Battle forging is surprisingly easy and flexible to pull off, and otherwise special rules bloat for some factions would get ridiculous. Look at the crap Gulliman can pull in an all Imperium army, and imagine that extending to every minor Chaos warlord for your warband of three different Legions and demon support. Or imagine how minmaxed chapter tactics would be if you could only give them to the units who needed them. Suddenly every flamer would be a Salamander, ambush unit would be Raven Guard, and frontline skirmisher would be an Ultramarine.

You can still make a fluffy army with support from other factions. It just takes a bit of HQ bloat and sacrifice to make up for the massive uptick in versatility.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Another option here- https://madrobotminiatures.com/

I used Victoria miniatures for my Mordian Rough Riders, but my vet squad is mad robot (I put them in carapace armor that matches their theme).

*edit*

Oops, didn't realize you were looking for lady squads. Still a good source of third party Mordians.

Arven fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 27, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Yeast posted:

Well, they don’t take morale tests from losing models to shooting. At all.

So yeah, not bad.

Ah, the good half of wrack and ruin. They should've given them Wrecker on grenades too.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Bolter Drill should probably have 6s generate an extra hit rather than an extra shot. That'd make it a little better. A bunch of inceptors deep striked behind me and with bolter drill would've put my gravis captain in the ground if he didn't have the 2+ armor relic, so there's that. Got 3 or 4 extra hits on me from it.

Also yeah I keep having to remind my Fists opponent that I don't get cover.

I've only had one game with my inceptors so far. It wasn't until the last turn that i remembered bolter drill was a thing and i think i gained 2 extra hits from it. I think i would have been better off using my last command point on the dreadnought reroll bubble. That's one stratagem that i get a lot of mileage out of.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Do assault cannons fire bolts? It would've been pretty legit if they'd let assault cannon terminators use bolter drill.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Do assault cannons fire bolts? It would've been pretty legit if they'd let assault cannon terminators use bolter drill.

Has to have bolt in the name

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Speckled Jim posted:

Has to have bolt in the name

I know it does. I'm saying it'd be nice if bolter drill worked for them, not that it currently does.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dexefiend posted:

You fuckers have me pricing out Death Korps of Krieg models.

If they release new plastic Mordians or Steel Legion, I am in trouble.

Finish those Howling Griffons first, you mad man!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I like the IF/CF trait. I've gotten a lot of use out of denying the extra cover save.

That said it proooobably depends on what your table looks like.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I like the IF/CF trait. I've gotten a lot of use out of denying the extra cover save.

That said it proooobably depends on what your table looks like.

We get more use of it at my store because we tend to treat pretty much everything on the table as cover if you're on it. So all the hills on our tables work as cover which means it's pretty plentiful.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Soviet Commubot posted:

Looks like Guard is the next book out and Conscripts are getting fixed. Looks like they're getting the Admech treatment rather than the full Death Guard, which is fine with me as long as they actually fix things like normal Leman Russes and such.

Grinding Advance is already making me pretty happy.

Endman posted:

I'm really pumped for Cadian rules, but I get the feeling they'll be saving them for last.

I'm not sure what they might be, to be honest. Something to do with morale so they don't need Commissars?

Better Conscripts as Whiteshields?

No rules because the whole loving planet exploded?

I was really hoping for Cadia to be the first regiment revealed like Mars was. I am hype.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Soviet Commubot posted:

Grinding Advance is already making me pretty happy.

Plus a points drop!

Drive me closer! I wish to drink the tears of the whiners.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
I've been hocking stuff on Reddit and discovered a 2:5 ratio of wonderful:terrible people. In any case, I have a ton of Orks and Dark Eldar left to sell if anyone wants.

Most of the Orks

Boyz and Lootas

Looted Knight

Drew Careys

Most stuff is tabletop-ready; the converted Knight, MegaNobz, Flash Gitz, FW vehicles, Kanz, and SAG Big Mek are going to run nearer to NIB or above market price because goddamn, I think I painted them well enough. Too exhausted with the start of the school year to make another thread in SA Mart.

In happier news, I finished Old One Eye!

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 27, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

I've been hocking stuff on Reddit and discovered a 2:5 ratio of wonderful:terrible people. In any case, I have a ton of Orks and Dark Eldar left to sell if anyone wants.

Aren't we at like a 1:10 ratio though

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Aren't we at like a 1:10 ratio though

Man, I remember when I had never been on Reddit before too.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Not gonna lie I am really hoping that Cadia's regiment tactic is something loving bonkers like "Transported models may dismount after the transport's movement instead of before" or something. Nothing like powersliding a Chimera around a corner and suddenly disgorging near a half dozen flamers from a Veteran unit. :getin:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Strobe posted:

Not gonna lie I am really hoping that Cadia's regiment tactic is something loving bonkers like "Transported models may dismount after the transport's movement instead of before" or something. Nothing like powersliding a Chimera around a corner and suddenly disgorging near a half dozen flamers from a Veteran unit. :getin:

That would make more sense for the Steel Legion though. They're the mechanised regiment.

Cadians will probably get something insane like "any model with keyword Cadian who fires a lasgun or laspistol counts as having a 3+ to hit"

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You guys are going in the wrong direction, it's going to be something like "Whispers on the Wind - When facing a chaos opponent, if he whispers "CREED" like it's the wind, roll a D6 for each unit. On a 6+, your unit collapses in tears as their homeworld is destroyed and their beloved general is a pokemon."

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
gently caress Cadians, 14 years of the same loving Guard armies on the table. I'm done. I'm glad their homeworld got microwaved.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's not a Steel Legion Armored Fist, it's a Cadian Armored Fist. :colbert: (You're totally right, but it could probably fit for either of them)

Other fun possibilities for Steel Legion:
- Infantry get +1 Attack the turn they dismount from a transport.
- Vehicles get +1 to hit and to wound in close combat (lol this would be amazing)

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Friend of mine kept breaking one of his Valkyries and decided to turn it into terrain.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

KNOW THE MUTANT; KILL THE MUTANT

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Zuul the Cat posted:

Finish those Howling Griffons first, you mad man!

I am going as fast as I can!

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Strobe posted:

See I'm hoping for a "loving bonkers" in the direction of something like "VENGEANCE OF CADIA" where you spend a CP to make them go berserk and attack twice or just ignore LD because everyone and everything they've ever known is loving space ash.

I want to model a bunch of new Necromunda gangers as "modern" Cadians who are just an insane Mad-Max esque scavenger regiment hellbent on revenge.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So how long left do I have for badcast mission 2, 40k blood bowl sounds cool as gently caress

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Felime posted:

RIP Imperial fists.

I can't understand the attitude online that the Fists tactic is bad. Ignoring cover has been useful to me every game I've played. It's great. The stratagem sucks and the CF relic is overshadowed by the blender that is Teeth of Terra, but the IF one has uses and is very easy to fit in somewhere.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Yeast posted:

gently caress Cadians, 14 years of the same loving Guard armies on the table. I'm done. I'm glad their homeworld got microwaved.

How does it feel to be WRONG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Corrode posted:

I can't understand the attitude online that the Fists tactic is bad. Ignoring cover has been useful to me every game I've played. It's great. The stratagem sucks and the CF relic is overshadowed by the blender that is Teeth of Terra, but the IF one has uses and is very easy to fit in somewhere.

It is that the tactic is kinda useful and a lot of the rest of the package is useless, whereas the other chapters get stuff you can build an army around or is always useful.

Generally if you're playing rules as written anything but infantry squads of 10 or less has a lot of trouble claiming cover.