Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If IT comes back and that injury has robbed him of his quickness, rip Cavs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chunkles posted:

the degree of denial he's in about his post game is pretty amazing in that it's been ongoing for so long.

not to mention he's played under SVG, D'Antoni, not really guys who mince words. I imagine even McHale probably took him aside and said "have you considered just dunking the ball" after the 500th clanged hook shot

He was for most of that season averaging a career high in post up attempts under D'Antoni (although I half think that was a directive to try and keep him on board with the team), at least until Kobe and Nash decided (correctly) the way to win was to ice him out unless he was right under the basket. He'd still get his post attempts but only when those guys were out of the game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

I don't think so, Jae is much more important . They can replace Kyrie at least through the East and who knows in the Finals ?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

I don't think so, Jae is much more important . They can replace Kyrie at least through the East and who knows in the Finals ?

I love Jae. Very very much. But he is not much more important than IT unless IT's hip has truly fallen off

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I just realized the funniest team to claim Wade off the waivers and ruin his chance to join the Cavs would be Golden State. Won't happen but would own.

euphronius posted:

IMO you can't replace Kyrie with a bench level guard that can't hit 3s and be ok, they need IT to be a factor.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

The only time they'd both be on the floor would be on the second unit with Korver, Frye and one of JR/Crowder/Jefferson who can all shoot threes OR they will be in a lineup with Lebron in which case it doesn't matter you have Lebron. But yeah, it's not ideal.

LeBron's an all time great but I don't think you can just throw him out there with zero spacing on offense and expect him to be exactly as efficient, especially in the playoffs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spacebump posted:

but have you considered this and i want you to think about this question because i've put a lot of thought into it and here it comes the question is this what if derrick rose, is back

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

but have you considered this and i want you to think about this question because i've put a lot of thought into it and here it comes the question is this what if derrick rose, is back

Cleveland Cavaliers Championship

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Jae Crowders defense is more important

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Adams is going to give Carmelo so much poo poo this year.

https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/status/912820260868378625

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They don't need IT to get through the east lol.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Jae Crowders defense is more important

Exactly

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

sum posted:

LeBron's an all time great but I don't think you can just throw him out there with zero spacing on offense and expect him to be exactly as efficient, especially in the playoffs.

They have plenty of shooters. LeBron won championships with Chalmers as a PG and that guy couldn't even shoot let alone do anything else you'd expect from a PG.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mario "can't shoot" Chalmers was a 38 to 40% 3 point shooter during those Heat Finals years

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
It was all The LeBron Effect and he got Booby Gibson'd out of the league on almost the same timeline

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Elfrid's hair is an actual missile now.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
That's gonna take someone's eye out.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Best case scenario for Aaron Gordon?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

I just realized the funniest team to claim Wade off the waivers and ruin his chance to join the Cavs would be Golden State. Won't happen but would own.

More than won't, you need to be able to take on the players salary with open cap space. I don't think any team has that cap space without moving players.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Kris humphries

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

A power forward

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Deadbeat Dad posted:

jesus christ

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

He escapes Orlando

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

elfrid worked on his diagonal movement all summer by having his hair turned into a chess bishop

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Elfrid is a treasure

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Deadbeat Dad posted:

For the love of god somebody show Frank Vogel the video

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I can't wait to play him in Final Fantasy XVI

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The cavs were 12-0 in games lebron competed in in the East

I think they can weather the loss of Kyrie Irving

Now the finals is a different matter .

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Away all Goats posted:

He escapes Orlando

Pretty much; that team needs a tear down and rebuild.

Individually, he really needs at least an avg shot from outside.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

R.D. Mangles posted:

man i wish he could have had functioning knees :smith:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

With Wade on the Cavs they now have two Finals MVP winners along with the two regular season MVPs so I dare say as of now they're even with the Warriors who also have two of each.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/JasmineLWatkins/status/912858243902435328

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

attackmole posted:

That's gonna take someone's eye out.

My first dad-thought as well

R.D. Mangles posted:

elfrid worked on his diagonal movement all summer by having his hair turned into a chess bishop

It actually looks like a popehat. Is that what you meant to say?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
looks like one of those "japanimation" characters the kids all seem to love

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I have no idea where to post this but I'm terrified by this https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/912865744286662657

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Metapod posted:

I have no idea where to post this but I'm terrified by this https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/912865744286662657

They're gonna kill Twitter by turning it into another lovely microblog site

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

Letting people post pictures of their notes they screenshotted on their phone and not banning them for it was the true downfall of twitter

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

This was the original idea behind the site. The character limit was because you could post via SMS. Twitter is sort of something that became successful despite itself.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They've been trying to sell it for years now, but the second a major corp buys it they are going to have to deal with so much bullshit, that it keeps falling apart.

I think Disney was in discussions to buy it most recently.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Twitter started bad and every new addition makes it worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Twitter owns and it's gonna be funny when smallhands nationalizes the service so he can continue to spew hot takes during his morning poo poo

• Locked thread