Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

That great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

looks like professor milk put out a 20 minute video that ia am going to watch, because i have To. i hope that it is good. wish me luck goons. i will be back... in 20 minutes.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

actually the professor milk video is good, the lols are too spread out and some of the jokes i think are fail, but some of them were also win. i give the new video a Seven, and encourage anyone who has 20 minutes to spare not to watch youtube videos but go out there into the world and find a really nice local restaurant.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Tab - Camera Lock
Space Bar - Flash

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

actually the professor milk video is good, the lols are too spread out and some of the jokes i think are fail, but some of them were also win. i give the new video a Seven, and encourage anyone who has 20 minutes to spare not to watch youtube videos but go out there into the world and find a really nice local restaurant.

Pog I must respond to this post:

Last night I worked like an hour late so I stopped off at the bar across the street from my work, which is at this super fancy French restaurant. I got a drink and some truffle butter baguette which was super tasty, and I chatted with the bartender and he gave me TWO free drinks. It was much less sad than I thought it would be and I had a nice time.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

FillInTheBlank posted:

I'm not an idiot so I rebound skills to WASD and summoners on QE day 1.

QWER+DF is just stupid.

This is the almost correct, ergonomic way to play.

AWDF for skills. QE for summoners. 123 for activatable items. 4 for trinket.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMtmDo_e7js

I am loving this rework and, as a gay, I can be down with the creepy sexiness.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 27, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm completely okay with the voice work.

Until she starts moaning.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

All of silver is exactly the same except the should-be-bronzes in silver 5. Can't wait to finally get gold :D

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Count Bleck posted:

I'm completely okay with the voice work.

Until she starts moaning.

The cycle of life and death continues. They will cum, and so will I.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Maybe I should try to climb out of silver 1..

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Zaekkor posted:

All of silver is exactly the same except the should-be-bronzes in silver 5. Can't wait to finally get gold :D

Congrats!!!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zaekkor posted:

You can do it!!

RC Cola posted:

Maybe I should try to climb out of silver 1..

Anyone can climb out of Silver into Gold if they're willing to put in the time practicing and have the right attitude for it. This was my first time seriously playing ranked since about Season 3, and I went all the way from Silver II to (currently) Plat 4, and I'm on track to end somewhere around Plat 3 or Plat 2.

I think people have a weird misconception that you have to be Apdo or Faker to claw your way out of lower brackets, but it's absolutely not true. You just have to be slightly better than your lane opponent, not take enormous risks for little payoff, play consciously instead of cruising on autopilot, and take losses in stride. I'd like to think I'm living proof of this: I played goddamn support Lux for 79% of my games this season, with probably half of those being before she got buffed. My aim's pretty awful and I have the reaction speed of a rock most of the time. I can honestly say I only carried my team in maybe, like, 2 or 3% of my games. My biggest contribution in almost every win was not tilting, not feeding excessively, going even or winning the majority of my lanes, and encouraging my team to play around objectives with vision and pings. I think the last bit can easily push you up a few divisions by itself if you're reasonably competent at it, because the less your team is randomly wandering around the enemy jungle looking for kills, the more of a chance you have to win. You'd be surprised how readily people will follow your shotcalling if you're not overbearing about it.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 27, 2017

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I avoid ranked but my goal for next weekend is to get as close to Gold 5 as possible and then give up forever when I finish the weekend in Wood 6.

Currently 9 wins in a row for Rakan in normals but for some reason ranked makes my team mates go full retard.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Methanar posted:

almost correct finger positioning

You forgot about binding Y to mastery emote for easier spamming. I forgot about tilde, I guess I've gotta find a macro for that, or mb bind laugh.

I also bound the item slot I use for sightstone to T since I play a bunch of support, I'd recommend it. Trying C for an active item, but we'll see.

If anyone has solutions that work well for the ridiculous 4 active support games please advise. I usually just end up using 2 or 3 of them, or just slamming every active at once and praying for the best. I guess maybe mouse buttons?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
My advice is to play a proper support like Taliyah and build rylais, liandries and rabadons instead

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

busb posted:

My advice is to play a proper support like Taliyah and build rylais, liandries and rabadons instead

I got out of Bronze 5 playing Zyra to be able to carry myself in the late game but that stopped working as well as I started to crawl up divisions

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I just played kindred mid

Trip report:don't do this

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I had some Wukong mid savant in a game tonight who absolutely smoked the enemy Taliyah. He was like 9/2/8 by the end of the game. Didn't say a word the entire game.

That's the one downside to champion reworks: there's fewer of those weird niche players like Pink Ward who absolutely master some ancient-rear end kit and manage to smoke people playing much more modern kits in impressive ways.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Mid Yorick - The new hotness?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

This is how I did it:

KDA be damned, Malz is god drat strong.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

busb posted:

please dont troll this thread, this sweet place shouldnt be exposed to that filth

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

VodeAndreas posted:

I got out of Bronze 5 playing Zyra to be able to carry myself in the late game but that stopped working as well as I started to crawl up divisions

It still works through gold/plat! I've been playing mostly Zyra this season (and played her to plat last season) and she still seems pretty good, esp because liandries is so solid atm.

If you max e first and save that plus r for peeling you can do a decent job keeping your team alive while also getting sick kills. Generally just being ready to shift more towards focusing on peeling /kiting/sustained damage vs trying to just combo ppl down in the mid/ late game helps a lot imo, and really plays to her strengths. You can play so far back and still do your job it's great!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

This is the only way to position your left hand. If you don't do this you are objectively wrong.
Positioning either hand on a Mac notebook is objectively the wrong position from any point.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mikujin posted:

Positioning either hand on a Mac notebook is objectively the wrong position from any point.

Lol nope

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

rabidsquid posted:

please dont troll this thread, this sweet place shouldnt be exposed to that filth

Whoah such an accusation! There was no troll intended friend, just earnest advice to Deal Most Damage and Win Games while Having Fun

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

foutre posted:

It still works through gold/plat! I've been playing mostly Zyra this season (and played her to plat last season) and she still seems pretty good, esp because liandries is so solid atm.

If you max e first and save that plus r for peeling you can do a decent job keeping your team alive while also getting sick kills. Generally just being ready to shift more towards focusing on peeling /kiting/sustained damage vs trying to just combo ppl down in the mid/ late game helps a lot imo, and really plays to her strengths. You can play so far back and still do your job it's great!

Yeah I think I was being a bit too aggressive on her and ended up on a big of a losing streak. She'd probably still be my pick in a team that badly needs some AP, but those are also the teams that gain the most from censer

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i actually control my character through voice commands. it gets really good when i start flaming

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

i actually control my character through voice commands. it gets really good when i start flaming

lovechop ive had a very wonderful evening of legal legends,

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Apdo plays it into zed as a counterpick but yeah don't do that

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

and if i were to come across apdo in my travels, even apdo would be rift walked

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

lovechop ive had a very wonderful evening of legal legends,

ah man i still need to sort an na account at some point to see what it's like.

also kindred mid is cool and i approve of it fully

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I like that Shadow Evelynn is now the best Evelynn skin. Also that it's styled after Shadow Assassin Kayne.

VVV: Going to guess, more people than before now because she's getting a rework.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 27, 2017

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Who cares about eve

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm sure a lot of people care about her giant exposed tits.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

I like that Shadow Evelynn is now the best Evelynn skin. Also that it's styled after Shadow Assassin Kayne.

How does she get metal underwear on?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Oh the PBE Pulsefire Ezreal's taunts will proc the freeze-ray keystone rune.

https://puu.sh/xJUz2.webm

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sneaky Wombat posted:

How does she get metal underwear on?

same way we all do, one murder leg at a time

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

foutre posted:

I'm curious - Coin line or FQC line?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

FillInTheBlank posted:

Oh the PBE Pulsefire Ezreal's taunts will proc the freeze-ray keystone rune.

https://puu.sh/xJUz2.webm

This is the good poo poo. I love preseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

That's a great feature they have added for PFEz. Functional Taunts are great, just look at Dan in SF.

• Locked thread