Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

JBP posted:

I wonder what the point of the +5 mods is. It makes the late game content easier in a sudden burst? They seem kind of dumb given that exotics always seem to come with one on board and leaving it at interchangeable boosts to particular stats or weapon types would have been easier to make sense of.

I suspect it's there to help with people who want to do the Nightfall/Raid with their friends/clan who are just slightly above them. A well-timed exotic or reaching 280 can boost you that extra bit without affecting your drops the way suddenly shooting up five "real" light levels would. That's just me guessing. My main annoyance is that I'm an old hand at MMO bullshit but the people I have had to try to explain the system to come from the fps side of things where you don't need to do mental math to figure out which gun shoots the mans better.

Let's get on to the real problem with the game, though - two Powerful Gear rewards this week have given me downgrade Wardcliff Coils. I demand a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm getting pretty close to the 30 engram limit, probably, and i'm still looking for the new monarchy legs, and more importantly, the rapid-fire slug gun. i wouldn't care if it takes all 30 to get all the drops, but some guarantee you wouldn't be locked out of them for a month if not longer would have been cool.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Slug shotty dropped thrice; all I want is the SMG :(

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
wanna trade oh wait

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I have both of those

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Protip for this week's nightfall: all grenades refill in a few seconds... including Nightstalker invisibility melee-grenades. You can literally be invisible almost non-stop, it's incredible for rushing portals/reviving folks. So, so good.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I just finished the main story line and I'm looking at these new faction guys but it says I have to speak to all of them to join, except I have to all three :( what am I doing wrong here?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Mazerunner posted:

I have both of those
Oh I do too, I didn't realise it was full auto. I've only opened tree NM packages so far and got those and the legs so wow I'm like the opposite of that guy.

teacup posted:

I just finished the main story line and I'm looking at these new faction guys but it says I have to speak to all of them to join, except I have to all three :( what am I doing wrong here?
Are you level 20? Did you follow the green diamonds and talk to them in the right order?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
[quote="“Akuma”" post="“476809845”"]
Oh I do too, I didn’t realise it was full auto. I’ve only opened tree NM packages so far and got those and the legs so wow I’m like the opposite of that guy.
Are you level 20? Did you follow the green diamonds and talk to them in the right order?
[/quote]

I'm level 20 but no diamonds. My only quests at the moment are things like strikes or crucible stuff.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

teacup posted:

I just had this happen. Make sure you speak to Hawthorne and then all the other tower members. Then go to orbit and come back, then do the speaking to th. Factions thing. Once you introduce yourself to the main tower NPCs, going back to orbit seems to trigger all the milestones you need unlocked.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hey guys who wants to play some dest

Oh wait I'm hanging out in Vienna after flying here first class

:hellyeah:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
yeah there's an actual quest that's like talk to hawthorne-ikora-cayde-amanda-zavala and then zavala gives you an exotic engram. If you don't fully complete it and accept the engram there's a bunch of quests n poo poo that won't appear, you can't do Ikora's missions, etc.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

So how fast does everything recharge in this week's NF with Eye of Another World? I hope it's "instantly."

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

actionjackson posted:

Hey guys who wants to play some dest

Oh wait I'm hanging out in Vienna after flying here first class

:hellyeah:

how many sausages you stuffin in that gob

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Akuma posted:

So how fast does everything recharge in this week's NF with Eye of Another World? I hope it's "instantly."

With Crown of Elements every time I threw a grenade if it killed something I had grenades again.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, the nightfall was hard at first because I've gotten too used to "hey guardian you have anemic light" bullshit.

Then I realized you get to use abilities a lot and it was great.

Will nightfall again all week to keep the high going.

gently caress esports

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I just got a god drat exotic grenade launcher for my second slot so now I have two grenade launchers equipped...

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

cvnvcnv posted:

FWC energy scout Pleiades Corrector seems like maybe a winner?

Just got this and have been looking for something to pair with Origin Story (which I am enjoying a great deal), so will have to give it a go.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This nightfall is the best destiny since release.

Spam grenades >>>>9^99^9>>>>> raid > trials > >>>>> strikes >>>>>>> esports > weapon balance > hitting your penis with a rock

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tei posted:

This nightfall is the best destiny since release.

Spam grenades >>>>9^99^9>>>>> raid > trials > >>>>> strikes >>>>>>> esports > weapon balance > hitting your penis with a rock

I did it like five times tonight, just on my warlock. It was so much fun.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

how many sausages you stuffin in that gob

Excuse me I'm a vegetarian. I stuff cucumbers into my butt

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully bungie looks at the response to this nightfall and are all "hmm.. people enjoy using space magic??" and make some adjustments for the future.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
i hate space magic and want grenade cooldown to be increased to 40 minutes
if there was an exotic that was a musket with 1 round magazine that took 20 seconds to reload i would never unequip it
sunshine is gross

dead serious

fbsw fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Sep 27, 2017

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

xzzy posted:

Hopefully bungie looks at the response to this nightfall and are all "hmm.. people enjoy using space magic??" and make some adjustments for the future.

All nightfalls from now on are that piss-easy daybreak thing from Age of Triumph

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I finally hit 280 last night after being stuck at 277 for a while.

I'm not sure what happened with no change to my equipped armor and weapons where I started to get better drops.
I was getting 265s and then suddenly started getting 273s yesterday.

Now to get a decent sword to replace or feed my lower light(276) sword.
I hated swords in the first game, but then got an Eternity's Edge a few days ago and I've grown to really like it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You tend to get a big light boost on Tuesdays when all the "powerful engram" weekly milestones are available again.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Bullshit dresses for warlock and trash can looking titan armor. Some of those fuckin pauldrons smdh

The worst Titan armor I've seen in D2 is the Feedback Fence arm armor. Looks like freaking solar energy panels strapped to your arms.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

10 Beers posted:

The worst Titan armor I've seen in D2 is the Feedback Fence arm armor. Looks like freaking solar energy panels strapped to your arms.

I mean, that's literally what they are.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

pulp rag posted:

I mean, that's literally what they are.

And that's why it owns, despite the total garbo effect.

I like how there's a bunch of titan armour where the description goes "Yeah I just dismantled/cobbled some poo poo together"

:allears:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/CAsQuX5.gifv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mango Polo posted:

And that's why it owns, despite the total garbo effect.

I like how there's a bunch of titan armour where the description goes "Yeah I just dismantled/cobbled some poo poo together"

I like the one white armor description that's something like "the first thing titans did after fleeing the city was reinvent giant shoulder pads - a hunter, probably".

The first warlock bond being a piece of rope you tie around your arm is cute too.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I like the one white armor description that's something like "the first thing titans did after fleeing the city was reinvent giant shoulder pads - a hunter, probably".

The first warlock bond being a piece of rope you tie around your arm is cute too.

Terra Concord Fists: "Use your surroundings, they said. Don't think they meant 'build armor out of a crashed space base', but here we are."

Exodus Down Mark: "This Guardian armor was repurposed from old Exodus Black crew flight suits.

E. Looks like all the exodus class armour says the same thing though.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 27, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

For all the dumb poo poo that does happen, they do get great flavor text on point.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wish faction packages didn't include poo poo like icarus down gear and instead it included more faction gear

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

teacup posted:

You have to do them in a specific order. Go do the one you already talked to that now has a blue icon on the map.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Someone please hand deliver this to Luke Smith:
  • Give lost sectors or adventures a 3oC style buff so you're over time more likely to get an exotic from them, or otherwise incentivize them vs. public events.
  • Change individual item light level to read as "[base light]+[mod light bonus]," total character light level can remain unchanged.
Thanks!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The past two weeks, one of our prism holders has done poor damage on his dog, saying it was heavily resisting, while everyone else breezed through. It was a different guy both times. Is there something they weren't doing? I haven't done prism yet so I'm not sure if there's a mechanic they were missing.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Emron posted:

The past two weeks, one of our prism holders has done poor damage on his dog, saying it was heavily resisting,while everyone else breezed through. It was a different guy both times. Is there something they weren't doing? I haven't done prism yet so I'm not sure if there's a mechanic they were missing.

If you use shadestep to reload your weapon you (can? or always?) drop all stacks. It is apparently a known bug.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Since the nightfall is easy this week, would anyone like to do the Rat King quest today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

poor life choice posted:

If you use shadestep to reload your weapon you (can? or always?) drop all stacks. It is apparently a known bug.

Also, titan reload barrier.