Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kurieg posted:

Also, judging by how people behave when I boost them. Nano Boost doesn't actually buff them, it instead mind controls them and forces them to run away from combat and not use any abilities at all.

It really is the spell-caster equivalent of Stim Drone! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
... the gently caress is a pachimari?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Fuzz posted:

... the gently caress is a pachimari?

An Overwatch faux-Japanese thing.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What's the best way to counter Garrosh? I feel like I end up getting owned by him all the time because he won't die and you can't get close or else you get nuked by the other team after the throw.

maxHP% damage, armor reduction, and burstier damages are more effective against Garrosh. Sustained damage/autoattacks are weaker since they maximize the effectiveness of his trait.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
We've got a fellow goon on twitch right now doing a thing

https://go.twitch.tv/blizzpro

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I AM GRUMPY

GRUMPY ABOUT ANA PLAYERS WHO TAKE EYE OF HORUS AND MISS ALL THEIR SHOTS :argh:

I do however love Commandant Varian so it makes up for it a bit.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Kai Tave posted:

The best part of Haymaker is the bowling pins sound effect it makes.

Ah, I play with the sound off so I didn't know that! That makes it at least five times better!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Kitfox88 posted:

I AM GRUMPY

GRUMPY ABOUT ANA PLAYERS WHO TAKE EYE OF HORUS AND MISS ALL THEIR SHOTS :argh:

I do however love Commandant Varian so it makes up for it a bit.

I played her a few games tonight. I was missing plenty of shots regardless of my ultimate selection.

I think she's much better as a secondary healer/support to a main one who can reliably AOE, but I think combining her with that setup is insanely good. Playing alongside a Stukov was the only game of her I really enjoyed.

As a solo support she leaves a lot to be desired.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
GodDAMN when a game goes this well it feels :discourse: :discourse: :discourse: as HELL

MVP went to my friend, the Tracer, but the real MVP was the broken as gently caress OP Lili

Also shout out to their team who literally NEVER STOPPED TRYING TO FIGHT US. Like for real during the objective they just kept trying to fight us in the middle, would lose really hard, we'd go back to collecting seeds, and I think at most they got like 7. It was honestly incredible. Also shout out to the Ana and bad Kerrigan who were constantly out of position for me to pull and throw. That poo poo was awesome.

My favorite was during a teamfight when their Stitches ate me and tried to take me far away. Except when he spit me back out I launched him way the gently caress back into my team and he was torn to shreds. And I was out of position at that point and would've died except our OP as gently caress Lili was able to get just close enough with her ult that I was able to edge into some healing.

It feels awesome when a game goes this well

edit: ALSO had a game of Volskaya before this map that also went really well. I REALLY like that map. Like it's easily one of my favorites. Awesome job on this one Blizz

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Picked this game up again after not playing in a while, and I have to ask... does Blizzard even give a single gently caress about how toxic people are in this game? I've been a long time LoL player, and while it isn't perfect, Riot has done a pretty good job of cleaning out the most egregious offenders in that game. In HotS, however, it seems like at least 50% of my games have someone deliberately AFKing because someone didn't follow their demands, someone constantly calling the rest of the team loving morons, or someone just spamming friend of the family and/or human being the entire game. It really is starting to wear on me and ruin the enjoyment of the game, which is a shame because I actually like the gameplay itself a lot.

I always report these people, but it really feels like Blizzard simply doesn't give a poo poo.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

panda clue posted:

does Blizzard even give a single gently caress about how toxic people are

Not really.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Disable allied chat in the options menu. Single greatest QoL feature in MOBA history.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Just finished a game in which the Barian died 4 times in 3 minutes, and ehen I suggested he stopped being caught out of position by the Garrosh he called me salty, died 14 more times, then DC'ed 30 secs before end of game.

Garrosh punishes out of position players like nobody's business. He's a cool hero and people always underestimate how much punishment he can take. He never loving dies! Also, Li Li pairs wonderfully with him. Garrosh throws, Li Li serpent/blomd/heal rinse and repeat.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

MMAgCh posted:

Disable allied chat in the options menu. Single greatest QoL feature in MOBA history.

... lol. I can't believe this is actually an option, but okay, I guess that's one way to solve that toxicity problem! Thanks!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They definitely made some good improvements to the AI. Hammer for example will no longer siege every 3 seconds and will actively poke at you while moving around.

Dehaka AI was still quite dumb tho (primal zerg indeed) and they're not great at dealing with an exploding mech. But in the general it's a step forward. I played two games vs Elite AI with others and level 20 was reached in both of them, which might be a uncommon occurrence in bot games.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I've been playing a lot of Rexxar lately, and I like him a lot as your offtank, especially vs. Garrosh. He can toss Misha around all day and she'll just stun her way out while healing massively. This requires playing Misha at max range though, cause Rexxar himself getting tossed is devastating.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Mierenneuker posted:

They definitely made some good improvements to the AI. Hammer for example will no longer siege every 3 seconds and will actively poke at you while moving around.

Dehaka AI was still quite dumb tho (primal zerg indeed) and they're not great at dealing with an exploding mech. But in the general it's a step forward. I played two games vs Elite AI with others and level 20 was reached in both of them, which might be a uncommon occurrence in bot games.

The two dumbest things AI things i've seen in this game was during the hanamura push brawl, two dvas on my team were both bots, and for no reason at all mid game they both hearthed, then just sat in base hearthing over and over without moving until the game was over. Also old murky ai used to lay his egg in lane where enemy minions would kill it, then he would die, pointlessly.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So apparently Deathwing D.Va is not in game yet? They must be saving it for the Junkrat release/Halloween event. If you've been hoarding loot boxes it's probably best to hold on to them I guess (and hope that they're not doing special Halloween loot boxes).

Olaf The Stout posted:

The two dumbest things AI things i've seen in this game was during the hanamura push brawl, two dvas on my team were both bots, and for no reason at all mid game they both hearthed, then just sat in base hearthing over and over without moving until the game was over. Also old murky ai used to lay his egg in lane where enemy minions would kill it, then he would die, pointlessly.

I always laughed whenever an AI had bizarre pathing, wandered towards your keep and died without players being nearby. I am also fond of this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6rskJlWlIs
I haven't seen Valeera AI since the patch yet, but I hope they fixed the bug where she just stealths and keeps hovering near a player without doing anything.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Sep 27, 2017

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I haven't seen Valeera AI since the patch yet, but I hope they fixed the bug where she just stealths and keeps hovering near a player without doing anything.

So it's just like a human valeera player??

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The new AI seems like it could still use a little work though. Farting around vs. Adepts they just run laps between all three lanes until an objective spawns or structures start going down. They're also better about using their abilities well, but also seem to be a bit easier to goad into walking straight under tower.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I kept walking in front of the Tychus AI as Cassia to try to stack my plate quest and he just refused to shoot at me. Possibly next-level AI?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

MMAgCh posted:

panda clue posted:

... lol. I can't believe this is actually an option, but okay, I guess that's one way to solve that toxicity problem! Thanks!

It's so important to do that in this game that if you haven't there's a link right in chat when the game starts to just "click here to disable allied chat". You'll also usually need to mute pings from at least one person, which you can quickly and easily do right from the scoreboard!

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

NeurosisHead posted:

It's so important to do that in this game that if you haven't there's a link right in chat when the game starts to just "click here to disable allied chat". You'll also usually need to mute pings from at least one person, which you can quickly and easily do right from the scoreboard!
If all you're going to do is play quickmatch without talking to anyone or seeing anyone's pings, why are you even playing multiplayer?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gobbeldygook posted:

If all you're going to do is play quickmatch without talking to anyone or seeing anyone's pings, why are you even playing multiplayer?

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
To play against other people instead of AI, one would assume?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yeah, that's a pretty strawman argument. Playing QM on insta-mute is a dick move, but it's definitely more challenging (and thus you'll improve more) than playing vs. AI. If you want challenge and the increased satisfaction of making sure other people lose (doesn't matter on which team :v:) then it's better than AI.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Actively hurting the experience of 4 other people on your team by stealth-muting them so they can't see that you can't communicate makes you an rear end in a top hat. Full stop.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Actively hurting the experience of 4 other people on your team by stealth-muting them so they can't see that you can't communicate makes you an rear end in a top hat. Full stop.
Lol no. Guys like you make me hope voice comms are never added.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
There's no reason to mute all at the start of a match. If someone starts getting out of line either be a man and walk them back by sharing some good strategic insights about how you are going to win this match or be a man by claiming you are going to have sex with their father tonight.

I ping movements constantly but almost never type anything unless I'm dead and have a few seconds to reflect on what could be changed so that never happens again. It's never worth expending your mental energy debating toxic folks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I only type if I have a great idea like "boss" "boss" "nm bad idea" or if someone is picking on a member of my team for having a bad game. Or if someone does something really good. (Or if I'm drunk, but that's different and we won't go into that.)

But muting after being insulted isn't enjoyable and I don't hold it against anyone who insta-mutes all.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

No Wave posted:

I only type if I have a great idea like "boss" "boss" "nm bad idea"

That third part never happens lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Toshimo posted:

I've played with this guy before and he's a full on rager and ALL CAPS SCREAMER. No wonder he thinks ignoring assholes is bad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

BTW Ana sleeping people is :discourse: as Garrosh since they can't run out of range of my pull >:]

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ana is disgusting with a lot of heroes. I 2v5'ed the enemy team with Naz + Ana last night. Nana boost + Vile Infection was gross. Plus guaranteed zombie wall on anyone who got slept.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've played with this guy before and he's a full on rager and ALL CAPS SCREAMER. No wonder he thinks ignoring assholes is bad.

lmao

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I have not played in ages. Did something happen to Azmodan since everyone seems to put him as a top tier hero, when he's typically been a bit of a bottom feeder?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

I have not played in ages. Did something happen to Azmodan since everyone seems to put him as a top tier hero, when he's typically been a bit of a bottom feeder?

His Q quest has a weaker version that's easier to finish so you don't need to coordinate with your whole team to stack your damage. He was also super broken on Hanamura, a map that recently got retired for being awful. I don't think he's really considered top tier at the moment but he's not awful in the hands of a player who knows how to play him.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Maybe quickmatch has changed dramatically since the last time I played but much like Overwatch quickplay there really isn't much if any communication at all unless someone is being an rear end in a top hat, otherwise even with chat on you might as well be playing with it muted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

it's me, I mute salty toxic players as soon as they spend their whining allotment. which for me is usually three or four sentences.