Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Trump not understanding government and/or America at all is completely plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Xand_Man posted:

So uh, you're Cerberus, huh? I just thought...you know...

what, just because he's a three-headed hellbeast means he can't be a gentleman? racist

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

hey, you can see where I got married in that pic!

Puerto Rico is a super cool place and it sucks that it was devastated by financial leeches even before this hurricane came through and wrecked everything.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
also, Jared wasn't registered to vote until he was 28

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Serf posted:

in ten years we'll be electing open death cultists who worship azathoth and wear sashes made from the ears of dead liberals

quotin' this post from 2007

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
puerto rico is now literally an eldritch horror of the free markets, a ghostly parable of the evils of capitalism because all that investing should've paid off for the country with no tax laws towards capital gains so all that money should've trickled down to government assets like infrastructure right

now they're dead broke and they have loving nothing, the hurricane turned it into a third world country overnight

im appalled really, it just sunk in

Serf
May 5, 2011

high arbite roy moore will campaign on a platform of executing social security advocates while waving around his ridiculously small gun in front of a crowd of howling bloodthirsty sugar-fattened hyenas in human skin

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love when trump sought praise for learning something about PR

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

TMMadman posted:

Here's a solution: The investors lose their money.

It's an investment and that means it's a risk. Unfortunately, they lose this time. Try again next time.

quote:

There were plenty of reasons for the hedge funds to like the deal: They would be earning, in effect, a 20 percent return. And under the island’s Constitution, Puerto Rico was required to pay back its debt before almost any other bills, whether for retirees’ health care or teachers’ salaries.

quote:

These funds began buying up the debt at a steep discount, confident that this was a bet they could not lose. Not only were the bonds guaranteed by the Puerto Rican Constitution, but under a wrinkle of federal law, the island’s public corporations and municipalities — unlike those of the 50 states — do not have bankruptcy as a recourse.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ArmZ posted:

isn't trump ALREADY being sued for deleting tweets? those are federal records. hope he has a backup somehwere... not that it matters lol he will never suffer any consequences because he is an old rich white dude

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Of course Senator Cochran would have urological issues because reality is a bad joke.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

euphronius posted:

I love when trump

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
tear up the constitution of PR, seems pretty simple.

"it washed away in the hurricane, big shame, guess we need to write a new one"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pR is still first world but its a sign of the times that 3rd world and 2ndworld (china) have much better infrastructure in many cases

Being 1st world is bad for your people

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

jBrereton posted:

tear up the constitution of PR, seems pretty simple.

"it washed away in the hurricane, big shame, guess we need to write a new one"

just a li'l dipsy doodle with an overenthusiastic coffee boy

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

are we asking other goons to buy us wish list items to help us keep postin or to get us to stop

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

extremely trump:] but truck dont go in the big ocean :cry:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Lastgirl posted:

puerto rico is now literally an eldritch horror of the free markets, a ghostly parable of the evils of capitalism because all that investing should've paid off for the country with no tax laws towards capital gains so all that money should've trickled down to government assets like infrastructure right

now they're dead broke and they have loving nothing, the hurricane turned it into a third world country overnight

im appalled really, it just sunk in

It's a U.S. territory so it being like a third-world country is par.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

yeah legit puerto rico would be like 500% justified if they did a violent revolution right now, Great Britain never hosed us even remotely this hard

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/TwitterMoments/status/912968794330615808
https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/913030734113234949

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

trump is going to do to puerto rico what Germany did/is doing to Greece, except Greece didn't have to deal with a catastrophic hurricane in the middle of it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

are we asking other goons to buy us wish list items to help us keep postin or to get us to stop

i want to buy gorka everything on his wish list but i think it was deleted so all i have are .jpg memories which are losing fidelity by the repost

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Squizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5z7cYSbsFU

where can you even get jeans that mom anymore

a lot of the women I saw last week in Tokyo were rocking high waisted pants or shorts vOv

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

she can say hi to art briles

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

pR is still first world but its a sign of the times that 3rd world and 2ndworld (china) have much better infrastructure in many cases

Being 1st world is bad for your people

bruh, its a third world situation, half the population is without clean water and people are literally dying by the hour with its hospitals unable to get fuel to run the fkn lights

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
TRUJPJ!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Russian client states are by definition the second world, not third js

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Kushner is incapable of filling out paperwork correctly.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gorka and Steven Segal have never been seen in the same room...

:thunk:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Evil_Greven posted:

It's a U.S. territory so it being like a third-world country is par.

par for the trump golf course that is defunct there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Russian client states are by definition the second world, not third js

good point

sorry

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Augus posted:

what, just because he's a three-headed hellbeast means he can't be a gentleman? racist

Whoa let's take a step back

it's just

I don't think this summoning is going a way any of us expected

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

when guam gets nuked trump is going to act the same exact way

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TMMadman posted:

Don't blame me, I voted for Yog-Sothoth!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

when guam gets nuked trump is going to act the same exact way

"Did you know that Guam is in the ocean? I thought only Hawaii was an island"

"Several islands sir."

"Yeah Hawaii and Guam"

"No tha-- never mind."

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
That's not a "new look", Seagal has looked like that for a decade+ now. The mainstream media obviously hasn't been keeping up with his recent filmography.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

That's not a "new look", Seagal has looked like that for a decade+ now. The mainstream media obviously hasn't been keeping up with his recent filmography.

Neither has box office success dohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoohoho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

g-g-GORKA?!?!?

• Locked thread