Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently they delivered the wafflehouse to the Hospital in town because the wife of Danno's friend signed for it there

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

quote:

Okay, technically it is, but we should still abandon absurd—and antiquated—terms of venery.

:colbert:

I happen to like "absurd—and antiquated—terms of venery."

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
A Goatse of Goons

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

That article explicitly says that yes it is called a murder of crows but I (the author) don't want to say that.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DICK DICER posted:

Apparently they delivered the wafflehouse to the Hospital in town because the wife of Danno's friend signed for it there

A combination Waffle House/Hospital sounds like the most midwestern thing ever. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
"Wiseguy, eh?" overheard from inside packaging center, according to local eyewitness

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims posted:

A combination Waffle House/Hospital sounds like the most midwestern thing ever. :v:

I refuse to dignify that part with its given name

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Embrace it.

Let it wiffle your tree.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I might have if it didn't somehow find itself just randomly dropped off with someone who happened to know Danno before he moved somewhere in town

Who the gently caress did I poo poo on

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Since you found the pack of Camels the karma gods had to put you behind again apparently

Next time avoid the free poo poo falling from the sky and you'll get your debit card :v:

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

ExplodingSims posted:

Sounds like somebody need a visit from a group of crows. :colbert:

Oh man the crows/ravens/whatever in Juneau were HILARIOUS, they enjoyed picking on the bears. I spent many an afternoon up by the glacier, watching them circle around over the bears that were fishing, waiting for the bears to get super into it, then diving down, pecking them on the rear end, and flying off laughing while the bear went nuts.

Ravens are assholes, but they're FUNNY assholes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh the neighbor has a sign up saying ATTN: UPS/FED EX IF IT DOESN'T SAY (name) ON IT IT DOESN'T GO HERE, DON'T TRUST THE DOG IT WILL BITE YOU BAD

And there was a black lab right at the gate wagging it's tail and doing these little 'great to see you!' hop barks

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently you can throw enough human hair into an actively in use Biolite that it puts the fire out

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I don't think you can effectively burn a body in a biolite.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

I don't think you can effectively burn a body in a biolite.

Oh god no it takes forever

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I hear

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
They just delivery your wiffle bat to some random hospital?

Valentine has a hospital? More surprised.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

therobit posted:

All birds are poo poo idiot birds.

Except corvids. Don't gently caress with corvids.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
A medium once told me that the crow was my spirit animal. I like shiny things and am a semi-intelligent rear end in a top hat so sure, why not. I am also really good at getting other people to do work for me just like the crows, who have figured out how to get humans to do things like open nuts by dropping them on the road at intersections and letting cars run them over.

Dick, you should befriend a crow. It can hold your tools while you're under the truck, and it can eat spiders and wasps for you. Crows are omnivorous, they'll eat just about anything if it gets close enough.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

MikeyTsi posted:

Except corvids. Don't gently caress with corvids.

They are frighteningly intelligent and can mimic speech more naturally than parrots. They also shape and use tools, understand Archimedes' principle, and have been successfully taught to use a vending machine. I insist that the phrase "dumb animals" means they cannot speak.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Red_October_7000 posted:

They are frighteningly intelligent and can mimic speech more naturally than parrots. They also shape and use tools, understand Archimedes' principle, and have been successfully taught to use a vending machine. I insist that the phrase "dumb animals" means they cannot speak.

Plus their brains aren't smooth like many other birds. I believe they have the most surface area of any birds brain.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Red_October_7000 posted:

The corvids in AK are... Big, like "feel them land in the bed of your truck because it shakes the truck" big. And smart. And teach each other things such as faces, and who's done them right and who's done them wrong. It's loving eerie.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DICK DICER posted:

I once worked for a Papa John's in a small town (that's now a suburb). The paychecks got sent out from corporate via overnight UPS, addressed to the GM, but with the store address.

For some hosed reason they started delivering our paychecks to the GM's house in the next town (same driver handled that route). Fine on days the GM worked, annoying when he was off that day and didn't feel like bringing them in, really annoying after the GM got fired and the next batch of checks was still addressed to him.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Elephanthead posted:

They just delivery your wiffle bat to some random hospital?

Valentine has a hospital? More surprised.

Well, it's likely the courier is a local and probably knows that the property is normally unoccupied so they delivered it to someone they knew would get it to Danno.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I once worked for a Papa John's in a small town (that's now a suburb). The paychecks got sent out from corporate via overnight UPS, addressed to the GM, but with the store address.

For some hosed reason they started delivering our paychecks to the GM's house in the next town (same driver handled that route). Fine on days the GM worked, annoying when he was off that day and didn't feel like bringing them in, really annoying after the GM got fired and the next batch of checks was still addressed to him.

Out of curiousity, what year was this? I've been working since 1997 and I have never received an actual cheque for my pay, except for one time in late 1999 when the upload to the bank didn't work for whatever reason so my boss paid us all by cheque then gave us a long lunch hour to go to the bank and deposit it. Direct deposit all the way, even when I worked casually as a factory hand or at a late-night petrol station.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
My previous job that I left in January only gave us checks. Small-medium sized business that didn't even give us the option of direct deposit. It was dumb as hell.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

ExplodingSims posted:

Naw man, Waffle Houses are for you Southerners. We don't have a single one in all of Nebraska. poo poo, there are only, like, two Denny's too. It's all Perkins, Village Inn and Cracker Barrel. Not the same :(

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Real Name Grover posted:

Naw man, Waffle Houses are for you Southerners. We don't have a single one in all of Nebraska. poo poo, there are only, like, two Denny's too. It's all Perkins, Village Inn and Cracker Barrel. Not the same :(

The Mason-Dixon line has been replaced by the IHOP-Wafflehouse Line.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Real Name Grover posted:

Man do I miss Perkins and Cheers from my time in South Dakota

Dannywilson posted:

The corvids in AK are... Big, like "feel them land in the bed of your truck because it shakes the truck" big. And smart. And teach each other things such as faces, and who's done them right and who's done them wrong. It's loving eerie.

I don't want to talk about it...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

shortspecialbus posted:

That's gonna be a hell of a war.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

IHOP needs to lose faster, I want Waffle House up here in the upper midwest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

IHOP needs to lose faster, I want Waffle House up here in the upper midwest.

IHOP has allies in the breakfast UN though.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

You all need to find Jesus/Ohio, because there are IHOPs and Waffle Houses all over the place up here.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

On the one hand, up in new england we don't have waffle houses and don't reeeeeeallly have IHOP or Dennys.

On the other hand, we have real diners everywhere.

So, I'm not sure if I'm missing out.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice

shortspecialbus posted:

We have IHOP and Awful Waffles in some cities in Ohio, I loving hate iHop.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

beep-beep car is go posted:

On the one hand, up in new england we don't have waffle houses and don't reeeeeeallly have IHOP or Dennys.

Waffle house is never closed and you get your waffle in like 3 minutes. It cost 4 bucks with a coffee. They are amazing. The food is crap but any diner is serving you grease they scooped out of the fryer anyway.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

You're not. Actual real-deal diners > everything else.

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.

Man I live in RI and there's an IHOP in Providence and Warwick and like three Denny's. If RI has both of these things there's no way the other states don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

You're not. Actual real-deal diners > everything else.

drat true, in Michigan there is a place called Fleetwood Diner, that place has the best hash I've ever had.

• Locked thread