Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

jd vance wouldn't know his rear end from a hole in the ground, gently caress that dude

I got to the end and saw his thiel shout out and was like uh is he taking your Marine blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Relevant Tangent posted:

by raising him to higher office and giving him a Senate seat, yes
Ed Balls used a similar method to get all the snakes out of Ireland

SD-40 is exactly the sort of district Scott needs to win to unseat Nelson, so early tea leaves are against him.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Schnorkles posted:

PR situation makes me sad and we're terrible people op

MY GIRLFRIEND's aunt is in puerto rico and she and her family hasn't been able to reach her since the hurricane

life is hell someone plz help them :ohdear:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Serf posted:

jd vance wouldn't know his rear end from a hole in the ground, gently caress that dude

why does every1 hate jd vance

all I know about him is that he married this indian girl and all the alt-right people are calling him a race traitor

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

you're forgetting simplification !!

that's a big selling point

we are going to murder you, just without so much complexity - politicians

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Schnorkles posted:

the republicans are doing a better job of that than the dems ever could

the FL state legislature vs Rick Scott this year has been hilarious

you should definitely link some articles or tell the story in your own Schnorkles way

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Good soup! posted:

lmao imagine being Jeb! bush

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

angerbeet posted:

remember when Trump killed an 8 year old American girl with a predator drone

Serf
May 5, 2011

Typo posted:

all I know about him is that he married this indian girl and all the alt-right people are calling him a race traitor

he wrote a v dumb and bad book about hillbillies that people use to try and explain rural support for trump

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Typo posted:

He's a hillbilly whisperer, he has the stench of flyover on him and that will never go away.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

love 2 be taxed more w/nothing in return

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Typo posted:

it's super lovely to write a book called hillbilly elegy and claim that that's what you're doing is eulogizing hillbillies when you aren't one and you don't actually appreciate their culture well enough to write a book about it but because you're a grifter everyone falls over themselves to hand you money

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Relevant Tangent posted:

you should definitely link some articles or tell the story in your own Schnorkles way

there's like a 1.2m tourism fund or something similar that scott and the especially the speaker of the house are feudin over and they nearly shut down they own government about it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

MysteriousStranger posted:

He's a hillbilly whisperer, he has the stench of flyover on him and that will never go away.

gently caress you, and your ignorant poo poo.
:frogout:

Serf
May 5, 2011

if you were to melt jd vance's brains down into gas, you wouldn't have enough to ride a pissant's motorscooter halfway around a bb

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

scott is a lich king and a terrible person, but basically more of a bush-era republican

the speaker of the house is GOD GRITS AND GUNS

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

zeal posted:

he didn't loving grow up in appalachia he's from the cincinnati suburbs

libs are hopeless rubes

Yeah the interesting story here is quasi racialized white groups that can migrate around and only semi intermingle w other whites and stay identifiable like I think there are cool directions to go in w that bc it was historically a much bigger part of America and is probably important and then he just talks about his Yale days and how God and the Corps made a man of him and never touches on his initial claim that his family is from a distinct group or whatever

Idk why the book made a big splash pro or con it's a pretty blah bootstraps memoir

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Relevant Tangent posted:

nihilists tend to physically destroy their bodies for reasons that escape me
like, this is the one shot you get, nothing matters, may as well live well instead of shittily?
nope, going to smoke cheap cigarettes and drink bad vodka and die in agony instead

one shot to do what exactly

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cursed image

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

brugroffil posted:

The diminished interntional stance could be repaired as soon as an establishment R or a dem takes control again.

Not being able to trust US agreements because our country will probably elect another idiot reality TV show host conman who'll tear them up is a long term problem, though.

It's not as simple as that. Countries move to strengthen other relationships because the US is no longer trustworthy/reliable. The US can try to repair the relationships later - Clinton did a whirlwind tour of the world doing just that following the Bush years - but the outcome of 4-8 years of being unfriended is a weaker relationship which then needs to be worked on diplomatically.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Oh wait, they ARE eliminating the exemptions. Lmao. Married filers already get a total deduction of ~ 20K with std deduction and personal exemption. The 24K thing is a crock of poo poo. Yes it's higher but it's not actually a loving doubling or something.

Again, I'm shocked!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

People love stupid bootstraps memoirs that mention God a lot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jerry Seinfeld thinks he's (probably) on the spectrum

I believe it

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/913047793928933376

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

one shot to do what exactly

Mom's spaghetti

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i mean, i'm just surprised the republicans actually proposed a tax plan with pay fors

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MAGA Warlord posted:

Oh wait, they ARE eliminating the exemptions. Lmao. Married filers already get a total deduction of ~ 20K with std deduction and personal exemption. The 24K thing is a crock of poo poo. Yes it's higher but it's not actually a loving doubling or something.

Again, I'm shocked!!

what. ???

exceptions are huge ????

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Relevant Tangent posted:

nihilists tend to physically destroy their bodies for reasons that escape me
like, this is the one shot you get, nothing matters, may as well live well instead of shittily?
nope, going to smoke cheap cigarettes and drink bad vodka and die in agony instead

i see you are taking your shot to flail yer noodly appendages across the keyboard to vomit out this diarrhea

a shot well spent with your meat prison in this life time imo

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Relevant Tangent posted:

it's super lovely to write a book called hillbilly elegy and claim that that's what you're doing is eulogizing hillbillies when you aren't one and you don't actually appreciate their culture well enough to write a book about it but because you're a grifter everyone falls over themselves to hand you money

wasn't he born/grown up in west virginia?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

or wait is your problem that their alcohol and cigarettes arent expensive enuff cuz i got bad mews

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
lmao if you don't want to die in agony

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Typo posted:

thought it was like ohio or indiana

Serf
May 5, 2011

Typo posted:

its been posted already that he actually grew up in the cincy suburbs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol just ban russia from all social media

and america, at this point

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Good soup! posted:

lol just ban russia from all social media

and america, at this point

ban social media imo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

bad mews was jason mews failed nbc pilot

Serf
May 5, 2011

rednecks and hillbillies ain't the same, but we do share a lot of the same problems. jd vance is one of those problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
you miss the shots you don't take 100% - some dumbass trump quoted

• Locked thread