Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PathAsc posted:

It's really good, the high impact and explosions feel solid and do work

They need to, because you're going to be standing around a long time when you empty the gun and need to reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

They need to, because you're going to be standing around a long time when you empty the gun and need to reload.

True. That's my biggest issue, but mostly because I'm spoiled from better devils.

Looking forward to finishing mida so I can feed it to nameless tonight.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Weapon commentary:

A TIER

Nameless: good against trash mobs, players and boss. weakness: low ammo.
Origin Story: good against trash mobs, players and boss. weakness: need kills.
Sunshot: great agains trash mobs, so-so against players or boss. weakness: none
Play of the Game: good against yellow mobs and trash. weakness: low ammo, no love for grenade launchers
Uriel, Solemn Hymn, The Number: good against trash mobs, players and boss. weakness: none
Wardclick: excellent against yellow enemies, so-so against hordes, kind of bad against boss (YMMV). weakness: most rockets never hit anything and the ones that hit do poor damage
Better Devils: I have not played much with it. weakness: It don't paint people screen green while slowly deleting them like a good handcanon
Last Hope: good against trash mobs, yellow mobs... many bullets weakness: lower damage than alternatives, kind of situational

I am sure theres better weapons out there. Excited to find them now that faction are unlocked.

B TIER

Coldheart: lazers!, weakness: low ammo
Rat king: mostly subaverage damage and perk that rarelly do anything, could be some random hunter best friend... somewhere. weakenss: low damage
Fighting lion: fun idea unpractical in actual use, weakness: 1 grenade in the mag, low damage
The Prospector: yay!, weakness: Play of the Game already do most of what the Prospector do, withouth taking a exotic slot. The problem with grenade launchers is the grenade hitbox is too small, the bounces to big, don't seems to have proximity explosion.
Halfdan-D: good damage, good mag, good punch. weakness: low damage (I know I said good damage, but is a low rate of fire weapon so is both good damage per bullet and low DPS overall).

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 27, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

What AR do you guys prefer for shadow realm? I've been using the raid AR as it has good stability and ammo reserves, and it leaves me free to use coldheart in my energy slot.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is it intentional to spawn into the Tower by Ikora? It's happened like 3 times in a row now. :)

No big deal, just curious.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am definitely a whole three thousand Glimjammins richer after doing that raid up to Calus. Truly rolling in the dough here.

Feenix posted:

Is it intentional to spawn into the Tower by Ikora? It's happened like 3 times in a row now. :)

I had this happen to me! And also this weird thing where I'd get teleported to the Bazaar entrance if I talked to Suraya while she had more than one Clan Engram backlogged for me after backing out of her screen.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Emron posted:

What AR do you guys prefer for shadow realm? I've been using the raid AR as it has good stability and ammo reserves, and it leaves me free to use coldheart in my energy slot.

In my humble opinion Origin story / Coldheart kind of make sense. Maybe Uriel /Numbers /Solem.

I never go to the shadow realm because is full of holes and jumps,and I die very quickly.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Nameless Midnight/Uriel's/Merciless is basically the gold standard for pve

Serf
May 5, 2011

Feenix posted:

This has happened to me too.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Emron posted:

I was just thinking about origin story for quickly downing skulls. My last run I used nameless midnight and it seemed to be surprisingly good, but I ran with a great group so I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't performing.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Emron posted:

I did it a couple times with both and favour scathelock. Almost identical statwise but with a bunch of quality of life improvements like HCR, better recoil pattern and the option of more zoom.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Feenix posted:

A bug obviously. I think when you finish a meditation you're supposed to teleport right back to Ikora, but it feels like Bungie's matchmaking can't make sure an incoming player owns a spawn point, so the game gives it to someone else sometimes.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

poor life choice posted:

I was just thinking about origin story for quickly downing skulls. My last run I used nameless midnight and it seemed to be surprisingly good, but I ran with a great group so I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't performing.

I was thinking the same, I'll need to give it a try.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Feenix posted:

My thought was that it's some kind of spawnpoint overflow. Sometimes I spawn into the tower with like 10 other people at the same time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tei posted:

I never go to the shadow realm because is full of holes and jumps,and I die very quickly.

There are lots of times in the shadow realm where you get a few seconds where nothing in particular is happening, use this time to look downfield and align yourself so there's nothing between you and the next place you get sucked to.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I think my rat King quest is bugged. It is saying Completed 2/3 which should mean that I need to do Crucible with a fireteam of at least 1 other player. I did a bunch with a friend last night who is also on the quest still though he only needs the Nightfall under 5 minutes part. I am seeing other people complain about this happening to them but no solution. Anyone have this happen to them and know how to fix it?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

DLC Inc posted:

got the Pliades scout rifle from FWC and drat it's stylish. Not only does it look sweet as gently caress but Rampage on a scout rifle....loving yes please. Unfortunately now I have to choose between this, 756, Nameless Midnight, Tone Patrol, and Skyburner's Oath lol. Can't help but think I've been lucky to get showered with the best scout rifles over everything else. Helps that some are kinetic and some aren't so I guess I'll just distribute them among the 3 classes.

Still kind of lean towards Nameless Midnight being the best due to those explosive bullets having such a bigger aoe. Now I can be lazier when aiming.

Nameless midnight has been replaced for me by the Manannan SR4 energy scout rifle. It's the same archetype as the FWC scout but has explosive bullets and lightweight frame for better mobility.

http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/925326393-manannan-sr4

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

There are lots of times in the shadow realm where you get a few seconds where nothing in particular is happening, use this time to look downfield and align yourself so there's nothing between you and the next place you get sucked to.

Theres even a map on the internet, and the "maze" is not complex at all. And is always the same.

The real problem is that I am bad at videogames, so I stay in the real world where theres more room for mistakes.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

:flashfap:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Refrain 23 still my best performing gun in crucible by a country mile, might take a break to try foggy notion smg because the stats look similiar.

I hit a ten kill streak in a control game yesterday and i dont think thats ever legit happened for me in an fps

Absolutely no one can best me in a medium to close encounter and thats like 90 percent of the game it seems

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Anybody here knows of a rocket launcher with "follow the target" and "explode in multiple warheads"?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The Gjallarhorn, coming to D2 whenever the player base dips enough.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Trastion posted:

I think my rat King quest is bugged. It is saying Completed 2/3 which should mean that I need to do Crucible with a fireteam of at least 1 other player. I did a bunch with a friend last night who is also on the quest still though he only needs the Nightfall under 5 minutes part. I am seeing other people complain about this happening to them but no solution. Anyone have this happen to them and know how to fix it?

Rat King steps are 3 patrols, 2 public events, 2 crucible, NF with 5 mins remaining

If you're 2/3 done, it looks like you're still on the patrols step.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tei posted:

Anybody here knows of a rocket launcher with "follow the target" and "explode in multiple warheads"?

I don't know about the first being matched up with the 2nd but the Vanguard RL has Cluster Bomb.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Tei posted:

I think Morrigan-D is the only rocket launcher with tracking right now, but it does not explode in multiple warheads.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Why? It's not that good.

It has cocoon aka the best PvE perk

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It has cocoon aka the best PvE perk

It's still trash

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Tei posted:

I could happily eat this reason/narrative. "Destiny 2 is having so much success, is generating more trafic/load than the server structure can cope for". That would explain about 60% of what I see. For the other 40% I don't think explain it.

I hopped on for half an hour this morning (UK time, which would have been very early morning in most of the US ) when things should in theory have been fairly quiet and still had the tower jank (noone appearing for a while), so yeah didn't seem like it was server load. My favourite tower glitch is fast travelling back to the spawn in the tower and most of the time, for a couple of seconds, my camera starts following a random character as if it were me, before I transmat in. Also I had a glitchy vibrating hawk, but I treat that as a feature rather than a bug. That said, tower jank since the last update aside it's been really stable for me since launch.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

KillTylerDurden posted:

Rat King steps are 3 patrols, 2 public events, 2 crucible, NF with 5 mins remaining

If you're 2/3 done, it looks like you're still on the patrols step.

Guess I will try that tonight. Not sure why they thought they needed to make this quest so confusing with the riddle. Why not just tell you what you need like every other quest.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Gravy Jones posted:

I hopped on for half an hour this morning (UK time, which would have been ) when things should in theory have been fairly quiet and still had the tower jank (noone appearing for a while), so yeah didn't seem like it was server load. My favourite tower glitch is fast travelling back to the spawn in the tower and most of the time, for a couple of seconds, my camera starts following a random character as if it were me, before I transmat in. Also I had a glitchy vibrating hawk, but I treat that as a feature rather than a bug. That said, tower jank since the last update aside it's been really stable for me since launch.

Vibrating bird is best bird.

My favorite bug is fast-traveling to the tower and sitting in the cold black void while the sounds of the tower happen around me for 5 minutes.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

IronSaber posted:

My favorite bug is fast-traveling to the tower and sitting in the cold black void while the sounds of the tower happen around me for 5 minutes.

this is a meditation from ikora, you should feel blessed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

this is a meditation from ikora, you should feel blessed

Reflect on the role that weird bugs and network glitches played in your recovery the role was helping to beat crota

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IronSaber posted:

Btw if this happens just go to the director and reload the tower.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Emron posted:

I use the raid AR in my primary slot (hits the Psions just fine), Prosecutor in my energy slot, and Merciless. I also run War Rig on my Titan, so my DPS is kinda crazy, without Coldheart!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Destiny noob question: what the heck am i supposed to be spending all my glimmer on? I seem to be able to infuse and whatnot without making a dent in it soooo?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Destiny noob question: what the heck am i supposed to be spending all my glimmer on? I seem to be able to infuse and whatnot without making a dent in it soooo?

When you hit 280 you can start rolling the dice on legendary mods, and that will eat up your glimmer fast. Applying shaders to ships and sparrows is pretty costly too.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Trastion posted:

I think you have to be on the same step of the quest. So if he's on NF but you need public events it doesn't count. When I got RK (from doing week 1 NF and not Enemy of My Enemy :psyduck: ) I did patrols w/buddies but they didn't tick.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It costs a little when you apply mods and shaders and some of the NPCs sell some odds and ends (who and what could be considered spoilers I guess) but beyond that it doesn't seem to do much and there's no need to save it up or anything.

Edit: ^^^ didn't know the legendary mods cost that much as I'm not 280 yet :( But you go from 0 to the cap fairly fast just running around doing stuff so still probably never much of an issue.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

IronSaber posted:

Please do not ever patch the vibrating bird. Glitch-dancing birds are essential comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

It's still trash

It's fun to run it, the vanguard energy HC with cocoon and the raid rocket launcher or crucible shotgun. Never reload.